Aladdin

How will it do at the box office?

Attached: 1534094290665.jpg (960x1440, 404K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nme.com/news/film/disney-responds-to-brownface-claims-on-aladdin-set-2215712/amp?usqp=mq331AQCKAE=
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Laziness level: Disney Posters designer

Hopefully shit but it'll probably make a profit
Live action Disneyshit is starting to get backlash but I don't think enough yet to truly ruin this

Will the critics admit it sucks?

Attached: Beauty and the Beast (2017).png (297x75, 2K)

Holy shit they need to find anew way to design movie posters.

No, why would they, that's not what Disney paid them to do.

Maybe, they did for Dumbo
At the same time Disney might want them to steer the ship in the right course to keep the live action moneyfest going

Billion worldwide

>Live action Disneyshit is starting to get backlash

Attached: 42119895538c8a4053d8689b849950d3.gif (700x373, 3.77M)

>Dumbo
>Pete's Dragon bombing
>The entire lead up to Aladdin
>Everyone calling the Lion King's designs boring

It's going to make a lot of money but well under expectations.

Good. Cinderella good. It happens to every classic remake. I do hope they stop doing them. They're shallow cashgrabs with barely anything unique added.

The only legitimate answer is 'why should anyone care?'

So one slight disappointment, a movie from 2016, and a handful of threads from the retards on Yea Forums which you are no doubt part of. That's your proof that EVERYONE in the world is getting sick of these movies that keep making a billion dollars?

60% on rotten tomatoes, $800 million worldwide regardless of backlash and controversies from vocal minorities

>BLUE AND ORANGE
Even the poster is boring AF

why is will smith black on the poster?

Because he's only blue up until they leave the Cave of Wonders, after that he changes to a more human appearance to blend in better.

In actuality it's just easier to have him look human in a live action film for the majority of the time.

gee if only there was a medium where it would be easily to keep a character blue the entire movie...

Why are Disney pushing these live action remakes so hard? I'd pay money to go see the Lion king again if it came out in cinemas, why is the remake even necessary in the first place? Are Disney second hand emberassed over their animation department and wish to replace the original with live action version so people will stop ranting about how they killed their 2D animation department?

Attached: Birb.jpg (496x600, 34K)

why they didnt make 3D CGI remakes instead of Live Action ones? They made beautiful models with the princesses in WiFi Ralph

Because they've brought a lot of money
That's the answer

Attached: D3ntvdLUUAAomko.png (799x1200, 1.36M)

Sure, but wouldn't re-releasing the originals in cinemas do the same thing?

Disney could release a 2 hour recording of their entire board gang raping a box of puppied and some fuckers would still go and pay money to watch it sadly.

No, because a lot of people already own the originals and would have no need to go out and pay a ridiculous price for a movie ticket just to see it in theaters.

What? Nutcracker and Dumbo both flopped. Wrinkle in Time also flopped. The only Disney live action films that make bank are the remakes of classic ones.

But the Lion King remake is 3D CGI.

Lol did you think they were using actor lions? You idiot child.

>Nutcracker
>Dumbo
>Wrinkle in Time

None of these were princess-style movies.

What point of "starting to" don't you get

Koichi Yamadera dubbed this Genie too

Attached: D6sUj18UYAUG4ya.jpg orig.jpg (2048x1730, 530K)

>Nutcracker
>Not a princess style
What? It's not one of the popular princesses but it definitely was a princess style film.

I'd bet on 600 million. Maybe 8 if the pink ranger and al are hot enough.

They didn't grab peoples attention and sell it with the princess branding.

Will probably underperform like Dumbo, I suspect Godzilla will kill Aladdin’s legs at least overseas since Americans loving eating up regurgitated Disneyshit no matter how bad it is

Is that fucking Osama Bin Laden as the Sultan?

I refuse to see any live action Disney remakes. You guys keep wondering why they keep making this crap? It’s because you keep seeing it. Stop supporting Disney being lazy.

Live-action Fantasia with animated interstitials when?

Christopher robin did eh as did dumbo and pete's, marry poppins was critically bashed but I don't know revenue numbers, nut cracker was a literally who movie (though not a remake so I don't know if it counts), people memed will smith genie to death.

Now people are asking if lion king is even counts and are making fake shit like that horrible stitch render as a joke. Its not total system collapse but the movies are diffidently loosing some of their general luster. Plus after Aladdin the only real big renaissance hitter they have left if Little Mermaid, after that they go to lesser franchises and hope they stick.

Pete's Dragon, tragically, was actually good tho

They'll go the Captain Marvel route and make their shitty team of web bloggers write article after article that if you don't see the movie you're secretly racist.

Mary poppins barely made a profit

Nobody expected that Aquaman would control the month

>if you don't see the movie you're secretly racist.
Not with that brownface controversy nme.com/news/film/disney-responds-to-brownface-claims-on-aladdin-set-2215712/amp?usqp=mq331AQCKAE=

It will make more money than they spent to make it.

Honestly, does anyone truly, really care?
I mean it is a good shitposting material, but anyone genuinely ponders on whatever something turned profit or not? I mean what difference does that make for us?
I mean if you'll like it, you'll like it,and if you won't you won't. Why do we have to pretend that box office matter to anyone but the shareholders?

i was hoping it'll flop but YouTube mouse army said otherwise. Prince Ali was a travesty but people still defended it by saying "it's live action of course genie cant teleport it has to be realistic!!!" despite that in the TV spots Genie clearly teleports

I get the feeling it will do a bit worse, like 800m-1b. Still will be a huge success.

At the very least, it will do well enough to justify spending more money on live-action Disney remakes.
It's redundant, but probably still a safe business strategy at this point in time.