>Dark Nights: Metal - 19k
>Batman: The Killing Joke - 17K
>Infinity War - 16k
>V For Vendetta” - 14k
>Black Panther: A Nation Under Our Feet V2” 13k
>Ms Marvel v1: No Normal - 13k
>Dark Knights Rising - 12k

Marvel did better than DC overall last year. This was the most surprising bit

>At #4 for DC is “Batman: The Killing Joke”, which moves almost 17k copies. That sounds good… but it sold 36k the year before, and 131k the year before that.

comicsbeat.com/tilting-at-windmills-274-looking-at-bookscan-for-2018/

Attached: ig.jpg (1280x1968, 653K)

does Infinity war revere to the classic storyline form the 80s or a comic retelling of the movie?

wtf is Scholastic?

those are some terrible numbers for Marvel.
they only made a profit because of how much Infinity Gauntlet sold and how expensive it is

Now we know why Lee and Didio have all the influence again.
They can point at the bookstore numbers, and say
>Look how well things sold during The New 52, and now see how low things sell now because of Rebirth
>We went from #2 western publisher in 2015 to #8 in 2018
>Rebirth just didn't work

Shame that Hibbs can't post the Top 750 itself anymore.

OP, you need to repost this as "MARVEL DETHRONES DC, REBIRTH A FLOP" to get more people to look at it and see the general health of the industry

>At #4 for DC is “Batman: The Killing Joke”, which moves almost 17k copies. That sounds good… but it sold 36k the year before, and 131k the year before that.
Well yeah but that was alongside the animated movie adaptation. Same way Civil War sold extremely well in 2016-2017 and then dropped off. Adaptations may not affect floppy sales very much but they definitely affect trade/GN sales.

I'm glad they're still doing this, will give it a read later, thanks for sharing OP.

Attached: economics.png (566x533, 255K)

Pretty sure it's just the shitty 90's comic.

DC did worse

If Marvel didn't have the sales of the two Infinity books DC would've won so fuck you.

Jesus are you trying to banter or are you really this stupid?

Batman v. Superman also beat Civil War if you don't count the money Civil War made in China. Deal with it.

I have a newsstand copy of Infinity Gauntlet 1. Is it worth anything?

No.

How stupid and uninformed are you? According to Box Office Mojo, BvS made 330 millions domestic and 873 millions worldwide, 95 of which were from China. Civil War made 408 millions domestic and 1153 millions worldwide, 180 of which came from China. Civil War made more money than BvS both domestic and worldwide, even if you take away it's China profits and leave them alone for BvS.

If you disagree and have any sources other than the depths of your ass, please cite them.

Plus these movies being made tends to lower the long term sales of a book because of people thinking they can just watch it instead of reading it.

First volume is still the best selling one, wow

That's the only Ms Marvel volumes that sells and it's the only Marvel book on here that they pimp at fairs and shit

I don't get why they price these reprints out the ass in stores.

Magnificent series number were great too.
They are really preparing for MCU I'm suppose
>Marvel Team-Up now Kamala's series
>Magnificent Ms.Marvel
>Champions
>dozens cameos in other books

I hope they won't fuck up with movie actress.

Attached: Magnificent_Ms._Marvel.jpg (791x1200, 1.53M)

Wjy Marvelfags buy that terribly boring Black Panther by Coates?

Why’s that?

>>Rebirth just didn't work
It didn't. Numbers don't like, they sold like shit.

What makes you think that there's actual correlation there?

So, Alan Moore does sell a ton.

I wonder how and if he makes money from those books.

Honestly the only thing that surprises me is that Watchmen still sells.

>Magnificent series number were great too.
All her current books are doing bad

Attached: 1554862654523.png (314x278, 129K)

user is butthurt about something, try to find the same book online and see at what price it is selling

the movie had nothing to do with the series of the same name. infinity war (movie) had very little to do with gauntlet.

i think these mcu movies are fucking new readers tbqh.
>see age of ultron
>pick up age of ultron, expecting it to be just like the film
>pick up infinity war
>get a shitty over priced convoluted boring mess of a story that had nothing to do with the movie

I don't get it. The other volumes sell nowhere near it and the floppies have gotten lower every single month. But that first volume keeps going.

Its the best graphic novel/comic book ever made

Excuse me?

Attached: 5BB83931-6DFE-4AC7-B441-5F8B76B1C13C.jpg (1167x587, 97K)

as somebody who owns every single novel I can tell you that this gets boring the moment it stops focusing on morpheus, which already happens like around novel 3 I think

I only ever find comic shop prints. Never know what’s a good site for reference either

>>Dark Nights: Metal - 19k
>>Dark Knights Rising - 12k

Morons.

Her relaunch has been going really poorly.
Her #2 sold 26,173 copies, leading to position 73.
Meanwhile, her dollar sales were 114, meaning that Marvel shipped a bunch of free copies to stores

Normalone

Is NPC-Core, of course sells

Still one of the coolest Marvel covers ever imo

Why don't comics sell bros?

Normies hate reading and it's really confusing for them to start reading something with so much history. They think they have to read all the old stuff first and can't follow all the events making you jump between series.

Coates name and the BP brand were going to always sell well in bookstores

At least age of Ultron had amazing art and was a really good story

Yes! I was wondering when that fucking chart was going to be up already.

So it's still gettting reorders even though she doesn't have a film.

>At least age of Ultron had amazing art and was a really good story

Fuck no, that was a terrible book.

People don't like to read anymore. There are "better", quicker, and cheaper ways to be entertained, whether it's video games, streaming services, spotify, youtube, etc. And if someone for some reason DOES want to read, actual book-books (you know, books without pictures) are just going to be better experiences while being a fraction of the price, or even free from a library.

>However, getting “official” detail has brought a major change this year: NPD Group no longer wants us releasing the complete data in chart form, although we are allowed to quotes numbers. Even the pretty tight “Top 750” as has been our historical practice, will no longer include total sales outside the top 20. I am fairly certain that, if you know how to search the internet, you could probably turn up previously published links from 2003 through 2017, but going forward, you will have to trust my abstract of the charts, rather than seeing the charts themselves. So sorry!

DAMMIT! I wanted to see the whole chart.

same, but that's what you have to pay them for

Looking at past sales for Killing Joke on Bookscan:

2010: 17,471
2011: 19,063
2012: 27,770
2013: 24,286
2014: 31,725
2015: Killing Joke HC sales instead (69,913)
2016: 130,907 (Killing Joke film out this year, also Suicide Squad)
2017: 35,985

Also I think one of the biggest problems for DC was Justice League film doing as badly as it did. Aquaman was a success but it came out way late at the end of 2018 (and didn't have enough hype prior to release, probably because people expected another Justice League) for any significant effect in the 2018 chart.