Anons, what’s your opinions on Robert Pattinson being DC and Warner Bros’ top choice for Batman?

Anons, what’s your opinions on Robert Pattinson being DC and Warner Bros’ top choice for Batman?

Attached: 81EB57CE-7E15-4D8D-9493-1FE1F3711040.jpg (2048x2048, 651K)

Other urls found in this thread:

link.hollywoodreporter.com/view/518d53f9191b2a646dbcdf4da2tef.1ie/de42d27e
crazydaysandnights.net/2019/05/blind-item-12_17.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think he could make a great batman.

>shitty actor
>no jaw

At least Affleck got the jaw right.

As an appreciator of kino, and having Batman v Superman as my favorite capeshit movie, i'm happy with the casting. Pattinson is a great actor.

should be fine

Nobody cares shill. The announcement ad the lack of reaction to it only proves Ben Affleck should still be batman. Nobody cares about reeves or his shitty film.

He'd do a good job. He's been in some good films, capeshit is a stepdown honestly.

So how are they going to replace Ben? Like act like nothing is different? That would be best.

Everyone praising it did the exact same thing for Leto Joker, this feels exactly like that again

>shitty actor
Implying you've seen any of his work over the past decade and aren't repeating 2006 Facebook memes about Twilight or whatever

>muh jaw

lmao you all are still doing this huh?

Jaw means shit.

Attached: batman_actors.jpg (723x442, 129K)

Can he do a Batman voice without resorting to a voice changer and without sounding silly?

So same thing with Norton-Ruffalo, Howard-Cheadle?

more garfield-holland, same character but different version

George Clooney has a good jawline. Also where is Affleck

>The announcement ad the lack of reaction
>lack of reaction
dude what lol?

I love how him being announced for the role made all the cinema turbo plebs out themselves.

Didn't they confirm a total reboot of the DCEU?

Im suprised he said yes. He usually does artsy indie movies after the horror that was twilight

Did they? I feel that would be bigger news than this if it were.

Maybe he's figured he'd earned enough cred to try something big again.

No you retard. Use your fucking head for one second, a total reboot would mean Gadot and Maoma would be out as well.

I don't watch live action films and argue that they should not be a part of Yea Forums period.

Seems too good to be true, just look at that other idiotic option, Hoult is what you would normally expect them to go with

I don't hate it, but isn't he done with big franchise stuff? He hasn't really done anything with mainstream appeal since Twilight.

too cute

Armie Hammer ir a better choice, but Pattinson is a good actor.
This is 100% better than fucking Houlton too
>Shitty actor
Never watched any movie he appeared in
>No jaw
Are you fucking blind?

>no jaw
His jaw is huge!

He's done some very interesting films since Twilight that make me believe he has the range as an actor, though I'm not sure he has the 'drawn' a bigger name actor would have.

Why are people still wanting to watch a Batman movie? It has been done to death

Why are people still wanting to read a Batman comic? It has been done to death

vampire
now batman

im i being pranked?
feels like im being pranked

Attached: 1558092937884.jpg (560x1020, 132K)

>Why are people still wanting to read a Batman comic? It has been done to death
This too

Val Kilmer's Batman looks like a bishie.

Why are people still wanting to play a Batman game? It has been done to death

Dunno about Bruce, but he'd be a kickass Dick Grayson.

My body is ready.

Heh. If they use him in some next JL movie the whole thing with Wonder Woman would pretty much be an inverse of Twilight.

I'm for it. I was hoping for it from the get-go. He'd make a great Batman in an artsy sense. He has something melancholic about him that is troubled, something he plays well (except in Twilight where he admitted he was phoning it in). He is also more macho than, say, Aaron Taylor Johnson who they were reportedly going for. He's got my vote. I just hope they die his hair black.

I honestly don't have any. I don't know his work enough to judge.
That's not an easy role tho

He was great in Good Time and High Life so I'm optimistic.
Only thing that worries me a bit is that his voice is rather soft but I guess they could use a deformer like batfleck.

Attached: 1554718119407.jpg (1750x2500, 482K)

For me it's a bad choice
>This is the kind of actors chosen for capeshit
And I think it's a mistake.
Batman is a master of martial arts and for the fifth time they will choose an actor who does not know how to fight
Does not have the physical suiting and has that crybaby face
Mamoa, Gadot and Pattinson
Jesus Chisth man

So you don't want someone who could act?

Right, because when Batman wasted 24 dudes in one minute, Ben Affleck was in the suit, not a double.

Well they are essentially rebooting suicide squad, and who knows where the new joker fits into all of this.

I'm not sure they really have any concrete plans at the moment

I recall them saying it was a prequel with a younger Bats.

You know what stunt doubles are right? Like 99% of actors don't do their own stunts.

Well he’s got the nose for it

I wish I was that hot

>Adam west got Bruce wayne right
>Val did pretty good batman
>ignore the next two entirely
>Bale did batman well
We need someone who can do both

I think director and writer are the more important things to worry about here.

Perfect casting he's a great actor

Attached: B07896F3-A36C-418F-9318-85E20F122194.jpg (1052x1003, 111K)

>Bale did batman well
Completely opposite, you nigger.

Not bad. He's a fine actor when he's not doing tween book adaptations.

He could have been Batman Beyond better

lol
so you're a straight to dvd actors enthusiast

The Batman mythos is the most interesting out of all capeshit

Are we going full fujo batman?

>Batman: Red Rain film starring Pattinson
yes please

If he rips and get some weight could work

>At least Affleck got the jaw right.
Affleck was an alcoholic bloated mess that needed cgi for his shirtless scenes kek. I do agree his Batman looked great with the suit and he had the best possible look for Bruce Wayne, but the dude was a train wreck and they need a stable young guy to carry the franchise. Also Pattinson is legitimately a good actor

no it's one of the more retarded things in capeshit

this twink is a terrible choice

The animated series, batman comics have been shit for years

this nigga has wider jaw than all the faggots who played batman so far

He wont, the guy is all about half-assing everything

Attached: 1539732888778.jpg (406x750, 48K)

He's pretty committed to roles he cares about. Dunno if he really cares about batman though

NOPE

Ben said he's open to cameos and smaller roles as Bruce Wayne (alternatively, he would direct a film if he was to get a bigger role). Pattinson will play Batman in his younger years, until they reboot the timeline at least.

What's with all these fucking Bongs playing cape characters this decade?
>Christian Bale
>Henry Cavill
>Tom Hardy
>Andrew Garfield
>Tom Holland
>Benedict Cumberbatch
>Aaron Taylor Johnson
>Paul Bettany
>Tilda Swinton
>Robert Pattinson
It's like some kind of assimilation scheme

Attached: 0d6c1e5efe7b62ee8aa46185beaa6bb5.gif (500x375, 584K)

hell be great. its ledger all over again.

Or Terry McGinnis

That would have been a good cast when he was a bit younger

I liked him in Rover. But he played a batman fan my batman.

You watch John Wick 3?
Halle Berry did what current Hiper Superstars Gal Gadot and Brie Larson and Scarlett Johansson never did, action scenes without stunts
My point is, now with this director I thought things would be different
The DC would make a different line from the MCU
Warner was looking for actors like Tom Cruise and Keanu Reeves
Actors who value the salary and want to give something to the public
In this line that DC has chosen, these new Batman movies will have those fights scenes and action scenes that begin with the actor and cut to cg and stunt
No thank you

I think he can still pull it off, just have him shave and get a haircut

I think it's inspired casting. He can do intense and self-loathing really well, and I think that'll come off perfectly. Dude's actually a really solid actor and I'm glad for the pick, though I was genuinely surprised when they announced it.

Autism can effect your eyes, fun fact

Everyone complaining about Brie's flat ass.
A pasty scrawny guy is considered suitable for the role of Batman.

>no jaw
Are you actually blind or just retarded

I complain more about Bries flat acting than her ass

I just hope he has the gray suit with black bat symbol again. No more tacticool biker armor shit. This isn't the early 2000's anymore Comics accurate only.

I have no problem with it. I think a lot of people are upset because they have him type-cast as "Edward Cullen", but he is an actor. He can play other roles, and has already done so quite well.

He's got the jawline and chin that's for sure.

At least he isn't armie hammer who sounds like he should be locked in arkham

He's a faggot and WB will kill the Bat films if they hire this faggot

..the god damn hippy

>He can play
Where? When?

Hippies are cool tho.

High Life, Good Times, Rover, Cosmopolis
and main role in next Nolan

Not that RP's that great actor.

Fuck it. Lets just make will smith batman

No.

Who that's going to play the Joker? The shirtless guy?

Everyone complained about the casting of Michael Keaton in the 89 batman movie but he did a decent job and is well remembered. I think Pattinson could be good or bad and I'll wait and see. I think the major this will not only be can he play Batman but can he play a good Wayne.

George Clooney was the best Bruce Wayne, but he was also in the worst Batman movie.

Pattinson has the extra baggage of being associated with Twilight and sparkly vampires.

Hayden Christensen has been a pretty good actor in pretty much everything except Star Wars, but no matter what he does, people still associate him with Anakin.

Battinson is gonna be the best Batman of all time, screencap this

Pattinson's legit too good to be in WB shit.

I love Pattinson. I hate Batman (muh gunzzzz). He'd have been a better AU Tony Stark.

Attached: 1558022049731.jpg (752x823, 488K)

Except he kinda is

You know who wont be complaining? Wimmen...get it?

He was my choice for Doom, tbqhwyf.

Attached: robert-pattinson-the-childhood-of-a-leader.jpg (620x450, 29K)

Anyone other than Mads would be a let down for that role

Blackman

Nah, there are still a couple of people who could pull it off. Toby Stephens jumps to mind. With his Bong Theater roots he'd be great; just watch Black Sails. Or maybe Ian Glenn. Basically get an older Bong actor with Stage experience.

Attached: giphy (18).gif (540x304, 1.99M)

Christensen's problem is that Star Wars is the only big franchise he's ever done
If he had managed to get a big role in the MCU and did a decent job, people would've forgotten all about the Wars Prequels

Brits are to acting what Mexicans are to gardening

He would make a good Batman Beyond but not THE Batman

good bruce wayne if he can pull off the playboy vibe. hes a natural brooder so if he can fake bruce, the shift to brooding real self will be good.

he lacks the physicality and intimidation for batman but he can get bigger and if he can act so hopefully he'll find the anger

I think Jon Snow should be Batman over OP related.

Attached: 190505150524-game-of-thrones-season-8-jon-snow-medium-plus-169.jpg (307x173, 10K)

Garbage, no presence actor. You hardly notice him in scenes despite being the primary protagonist at this point.

Doesn't really matter for Doom. A well made doom should be acted like Darth Vader, with 3 different actors for body face and voice.

Jon Snow looks like could beat up that twilight faggot anyday.

Attached: images-92.jpg (225x224, 7K)

too short

It worked for Iron-man.

Go hard or go home. Be the best damn Batman anyone could ever be.

Didn't the suit at least alter his height?

Cheap?

It would be the same for Batman.

Talent.

yikes. Richard Madden was my favourite choice but Pattison is good enough (and probably a better actor)

mite be cool. i just want a cowl that doesnt effect the turning of the head. its retarded and goofy when they have to pivot their whole body around to turn their head.

Attached: father banner.jpg (550x401, 61K)

This

it feels like some YouTuber wanted to make a Batman film and they pick the guy that was already starting out in one or two movies and nobody knows who the fuck he is and then they're like "yeah she's going to make it big let's let him be Batman!"

This is going to suck so bad

Could be good but depends on the shit he is given, they could hire the perfect batman and give him a shit script and it wouldn't matter

Would make a fine robin desu. Probably Tim.

because bong writers write the best comics

Who? Jon Snow looks far more like Batman. Upon further consideration Jon Snow has Batman written all over him... and it would be perfect, Jon Snow as Batman and Momoa as Aquaman in the true JLA movie.

Attached: Jon-Snow-Ned-Stark-Theory-About-Game-Thrones-Posters.jpg (1520x1520, 516K)

9/11

the bigger question is what are they gonna do in the batman movie? i hope its court of owls or when n52 riddler took over gotham

I wanna see him get fucking shredded for the part, you can't be skinny mcskinnyfuck and play Batman.

Fuck even that robin from the 90s Chris Odonell looks more intimidating than that twilightfag, twilight fag would be a step down for robin really.

Attached: Chris-ODonnell-in-Batman-Forever-Premium-Photograph-and-Poster-1001008__50359.1432428481.1280.1280.j (500x400, 47K)

Batfleck had no problems turning his head

Attached: 1473882438-bat.gif (268x191, 1.19M)

Catwoman and Penguin are set to also appear in the movie

Something like that, it'd only replace the actors they either don't want anymore (Leto, Miller, Smith) and ones who were on their way out anyway (Cavill, Affleck, Adams).

Tbf, a total reboot via Flashpoint or COIE would be okay in my book (Yes, I know Crisis is being done by CW first).

Y'know I wouldn't mind it so much if the retarded face tats that make him look like 69 as a supervillain weren't there, the grills too.

Aww come on, I don't want a rehash of Penguin and Catwoman from Batman Returns, give me another villain like Black Mask or fucking Clayface for once.

>twilight fag
>Adult Man still mad over 10 year old film for teen girls

B&R ended this man's career. he and Alicia Silverstone might still be stars today if it wasn't for that.

Can we get Anne back as Catwoman, she's said before she'd play the character again and what DOES WB have to lose from it?

>mad
Not at all, twilightfag looks like fag tho.

Perhaps those actors would be even more unkown without Batman and Robin, although Batman Forever was well recieved enough at the time.

I mean, he does seem to be more comfy with his current gig on NCIS:LA.

Because of Bong theater ethic. Their mentality is to accept every job you're given, never assume you're too good for a job, and to do the best with what you've got even if it's shit. It's why you see people like Michael Caine, Christopher Lee, Tim Curry, Jeremy Irons, etc in so many fucking abysmal movies; to them, it's just another paycheck rather than a humiliating downgrade. For an ongoing series, this is ideal, especially for younger actors.
Now granted that's not to say they're all paragons of virtue, or the only people with a work ethic, but it does tend to weed out people like JLaw, who clearly stop giving a fuck once they think they're too good for a role.

Okay, except her acting isn’t flat, so what leg are you standing on?

Easy international appeal.

Dude is 30 now, he's not terry. He's moody and suave, i can see him as batman...i just wish we'd see a new villain like clayface or something

My opinion is I miss Affleck and Cavill.

Why did Afleck trigger /pol/tards/evansposters?

Attached: 1552399515758.jpg (1186x800, 333K)

Imo the kid who plays young Cyclops would make a better Batman Beyond, given he's likely out of a job after Dark Phoenix WB should jump on it.

Attached: 4545.jpg (1731x1314, 344K)

Her costume looks like a slightly better than average DCCW suit.

>Gadot smiling
OUR GAL

>IS ROBERT PATTINSON the new Batman? That's THE question on the geek mind Friday. The answer is…complicated.

>Depending on who you talk to Pattinson is just the frontrunner on a very very short list. Others will tell you the part is his. Or even that a deal is done.

>One insider tells Heat Vision it’s still on ongoing process. And that there’s a whole vetting system that is underway. While mum on details, that “process” means, in part, screen tests, costume tests, readings, and meetings. But, yes, deep conversations are being had.

>Batman is, for Warner Bros., THE most important brand, IP, character, whatever you want to call him, in its portfolio. He is the most popular superhero character in the world, even bigger than anything Marvel has. In fact, Batman has only risen in importance since Christian Bale headlined the Christopher Nolan trilogy in the aughts.

>So Warners exec are, of course, being extremely meticulous, perhaps to a fault, in handling what is supposed to be a new trilogy. They don’t want a repeat of the Ben Affleck debacle where they had a divisive Batman and saw a potential solo franchise collapse in public.

>(And regarding the importance of costume tests, you may recall that how an actor looked in a mask was a key factor for Warners choosing Ryan Reynolds over Bradley Cooper when casting Green Lantern…not that the final product seemed to have mattered.)

>Matt Reeves is still tweaking his script, which is rumored to have at least two villains, the Penguin being one of them, according to sources (one person is telling us there will be around half-a-dozen villains!). We’re hearing of another purrfect character making an appearance in the script as well.

Thats a i just gonna keep smiling through this awkward shit not that was funny don't get you hopes up. Also the joke itself was actually terrible not because of rape but because it was just bad.

>the homosexual is smiling
Yea Forums, you want to tell me something?

Is my homie the Riddler gonna be in it? Getting tired of my nigga Edward Nygma being sidelined, he's got literally the most simple motive with his elaborate crimes, one that isn't too stupid for a live-action movie.

>Batman is, for Warner Bros., THE most important brand, IP, character, whatever you want to call him, in its portfolio
And it shows with the way they treat Superman

Gal Gadot actually defended Ben Affleck when he was getting #MeToo'd, which got her some flake.

>one person is telling us there will be around half-a-dozen villains!

Hush, user. Hush.

Some of us are still seething that we didn't get David Tenant as Riddler in the Nolan films. Or that's what I gather from OP.

I'm intrigued

Maybe you should try watching a movie of his that isn't Twilight or Harry Potter.

Isn't two chances enough?

He was good in HP

Doing a Hush movie would be retarded.

So is doing your mother, didn't stop your father

>only watch shit movies for girls
>"omg why are actors so terrible??"

Iron Man sucks

>brown hair
dropped
bruce should only be played by natural black haired people

shill pls

I wanna see Mad Hatter

Attached: 88074-157108-mad-hatter.jpg (360x450, 38K)

Oh wait till you see the set footage from Titans...

If I were writing the newest Batman, I'd do an amalgamation of Batman: Night Cries meets Batman: Prey.

Honestly we could use a step up from what we got on Gotham.

I'll need to see it before I can get behind it.

Based Bizarro

So year one?

Except he's got the height of a toddler and would probably bump into my dick if he walked straight at me outta his doggy door.

Batman should always be the guy you look at and go, "No fucking way that's Batman." And then when you get the facts laid out for you, you realize it can't not be him.

Pattinson could do it. Maybe better than anyone. Think about how puny Reeve was before he became Superman. And now you can't NOT think of him as Superman.

>no Batman Beyond movie with Keaton as old Bruce

Attached: 1273953-michael_keaton.jpg (342x420, 14K)

I still don't believe it.

he's short, his face is blank and expressionless and he can't act.

He always looks confused and woozy.

That's actually really great casting. Pattinson would make a good Terry

Let’s see you act then.

absolute hype

who the hell is charge of casting at dc, they need a bullet.

This is honestly the best choice possible, your taste is just shit

she can act but for some reason in captain marvel she only did the bare minimum

Face replacement through CGI is fucking great nowadays. I think DC probably knows this better than anyone because right after they released the horror of Henry Cavill's CGI'd mustache shave in Justice League, deepfake technology was released to the public.

Imagine how much that must have stung for them, to have spent all this time and money trying to make Cavill's face look right, to fail so extraordinarily and then as soon as it's too late, software that can do the job 100x better in practically no time at all is available to everyone.

It's young Batman

>Non actor
>Manlet
Shit taste

I like it. He’s alright.
Is also correct.

terry is a chink, you mong

Its never gonna happen because Burton wouldn't be directing. How many times does it need to be said that Keaton has stated as long as Tim Burton isn't involved in a Batman film, he's never going to reprise the role?

The only other fancasting I've seen over saturate the internet is Clint Eastwood as Old Bruce.

Wrong, his cum dumpster Dana is a chink, Terry is basically Bruce's kid.

Shovelface

IF you watched JLU you know who's Terry's dad, if you watched the first episode of BB you know both his parents are white, and if you simply goodled it you can know both things at the same time in 5 seconds. You have to be some sort of retard to post something so stupid.

Attached: a73mwDA_460s.jpg (449x450, 33K)

is this the batman from the gay universe?

So if they're choosing such a young looking actor, it must be a prequel right?

This, Bale’s Batman voice sucked

I like him

Attached: 648c760c-64ab-4e56-8370-be71110e64bf.png (2048x2732, 2.65M)

The salty fanboy in me says it's a shitty move. But honestly I think he could actually pull it off, if only to further distance himself from Twilight and all the other bombs he's been in. I say let him have a chance. I just hope he can actually muster an imposing voice.

Still think they should just do a Beyond movie for him. Make it so that Joker movie's in the past and Batman's in the future just to spice things up, given that we already have two present day Batmen that are lackluster (Affleck and Gotham).

>Twilight
>bombing
The only reason he did those movies was because they made so much money and paid him so well.

Lucky for him, he wasn't typecasted as fuck.. Kristen on the other hand just ended up in a lot of low-rated movies.

>Cyborg and Flash act all faggy because of rape joke

Fuck I miss Battflek now.

This.

So is he going to play Batman in just the solo or in the entirety of the DCEU?

I hope they hurry up with the Superman mythos recasts.

He is a perfectly capable actor
But the problem is this film is being made by the same people responsible for the BvS and JL train wrecks and deciding that Aquaman and Shazam must copy Marvel
And the director is a hack
So I simply have no faith in this being any good at all

I think he would make a much better Azrael than Batman.

Nah, tall fags have weak hearts and look lanky on a giant screen, that's why most movie action stars are a bit shorter in general.

Twilight fag looks like a fag tho.

Twilight fag looks like a damn sissy, John Snow would kick the shit out of Twilight fag.

Attached: 620x349.jpg (620x348, 50K)

Go watch an actual fucking film

Yea 5'6 manlet Batman standing next to 6' Caville and 5'10 Gadot. Fuck off.

Rumor is he's playing a prime Batman in a prequel franchise.

Jon Snow is a pussy whipped faggot, hope he dies or fucks off to sulk in the north as a sidekick to Tormund.

Best end: Dany dies by Arya, Jon fucks off back to the Wildlings, and Bran is king of westeros.

Spoilers say you're right on the money. Oh and Bronn, Tyrion and Davos become a council to Bran.

Man her career has nosedived since the start of MeToo. Can't suck and fuck Weinstein now.

Bale was a great Bruce wayne and a good Batman for the first movie. He fell off as Batman in the 2nd and 3rd movies.

No one is more Batman than Hank

Attached: afq76t4uq8401.gif (320x240, 491K)

affleck had a big chin you retard. How do you not know the difference between a chin and a jaw? Pattinson's jaw is chiseled as shit either way.

>jaw means shit
fucking THIS. The most critical aspect to looking good wearing the cowl is the lips. It's why no actor has come close to being as good as Keaton was. Dude has fucking heart-shaped lips

>Bronn as council
top kek if he tries to teach him wheelchair fighting styles.

Money.

>Paul Bettany
Jarvis was always meant to be English, and since Vision was created using Jarvis' AI it makes sense why he had an English accent as well. Also Tom Hardy and Aaron Taylor Johnson were playing characters from fictional vaguely Middle Eastern/European countries, plus we all know the deal with Tilda Swinton playing the Ancient One.

False alarm.

crazydaysandnights.net/2019/05/blind-item-12_17.html

well only Bale, Cavill, Garfield, Holland, and Cumberbatch played American characters, and with the exception of Cumberbatch they all were capable of 100% convincing American accents.

God Cumberbatch's American accent is so fucking bad, it's genuinely distracting whenever he talks. I honestly think they should've just changed the character's backstory to make him originally from England and moved to New York City to go to medical school. His normal accent fits the look of the character so much better.

Attached: wfmn_007.jpg (2400x3122, 745K)

what was the joke

>Kit Harington is 5'8"
>Robert Pattinson is 6'1"
also game of thrones is just twilight for neckbeards

>Don't believe the hype. This foreign born former two franchise actor is on a short list but his team tried to force the studio into giving him the job with their PR push yesterday. The foreign born actor who has a current box office bomb is still the odds on favorite.
this could literally apply to both Pattinson and Hoult. Both foreign born, both have current box office bombs (High Life has made $1 million on a $8 million budget, Tolkien has made $5 million on $20 million) and both have two former franchises (HP and Twilight/X-Men and Mad Max)

that site should be taken with a grain of salt anyway. They've gotten some stuff right but throw enough shit at the wall and a few of em will stick

As long as Sean Pertwee is Alfred, I don't care.

Gotham is still to me greatest thing to ever happen to me. Absolute kino.

+ Kristen Stewart for Catwoman
= 1 billion from grown ex-teenage girls

>>no jaw

Attached: 2344567545645646.png (179x226, 41K)

This is all I want but would be ok with a compromise of him being the new present day Batman but still trained by old Bruce

DC has no idea what to do with Batman

Attached: DV.png (390x316, 92K)

cheap talent?

Has Trump commented on this yet? I know he used to comment a lot on Pattinson and Batman.

>hurr durr only Batman is interesting

Do we need to tell you how fucking casual you are?

I already hate him because he's replacing the best Live-Action Batman and even if he is good there's no hope for a cinematic universe

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (634x907, 145K)

Probably a better choice than most Batman actors in the past.