Is Gravity Falls an example of a time flop?

Is Gravity Falls an example of a time flop?
A time flop is a work of fiction that was popular at the time of the work's original publication but is not very well-remembered at present time.

Attached: gf.jpg (641x1000, 131K)

Yes. No one cares about it anymore.

I think that deep down, even people outside of Yea Forums thought everything after NWHS was terrible. The show would be remembered more if it weren't.

>time flop
You still haven't killed yourself? I'm very disappointed in you.

only Yea Forums hates this show, other people fondly remember GF

The only way it lives on is in the masturbatory fantasies of twincest/Padippica shippers that will never be gratified

Did you just invent a stupid replacement for "aged poorly?"

maybe. i think audiences are getting kind of tired of a lot of trends from the 2010s. so it might suffer from that. not that i think it's a bad show but it is very much of its time

Tumblr and cons says otherwise

No. It still seems fairly popular in places where manchildren meet and discuss cartoons, even if Yea Forums mostly bitches about mable and hirsch. We can't know if the children who it was actually aimed at will remember it for another couple of years when they grow old enough to be the next generation of manchildren.
Also 'time flop' sounds stupid as fuck.

It's not new, he's been making threads about "time flops" for a while now.

Ah
One of those

>time flop?
This sounds retarded.

Also, Yea Forums is the only place where there is significant hate for this show. Everywhere else it is praised as the best TV cartoon of recent years.

Yea Forums is the only place where this show is not liked, everywhere else GF still gets tons of praise.

Where's "everywhere else?" Reddit?

all place outside of Yea Forums

>A time flop is a work of fiction that was popular at the time of the work's original publication but is not very well-remembered at present time.

That's idiotic. Something is only a flop if fails to make money. Baye Transformers are complete shit but they're not flops by any stretch. If something is well received at the time, even if it garners distaste later (in this instance deservedly so) it still made it's money and it's sponsors happy.

Who the fuck are you quoting this retarded made up term from? What random internet asshole is your retarded parrot ass echoing now?

Attached: seriosulybro.jpg (512x384, 13K)

>Where's "everywhere else?"
Are you retarded? Everywhere other than Yea Forums is everywhere other than Yea Forums. Places that Yea Forums is not.

Anyone want to bet that time flop user is also demolitionism user?

>demolitionism user

you're going to have to explain that one

So everyone on CNet or Tom'sHardware professes Gravity Falls to be good? Didn't know that.

>being this retarded

Attached: c623b4b3-f91e-4423-b0c8-87da82eb6d04.png (540x263, 107K)

You say everywhere else as if it's somehow invalidates Yea Forumss negative opinion of it, but why should we give any credence to the opinions of anyone else, especially when you've yet to name one other forum of discussion worth considering their opinion.

>Dismissing Yea Forums's opinion

OP asked if GF was a "time flop", people said that it doesn't count because outside a small circle it doesn't fill the criteria.

Is not hard to add 2+2

Attached: 1557727153951.jpg (640x480, 38K)

2b sucked but 2a was one of the tightest collections of amazing episodes I've ever seen a show produce. With the exception of Gift Shop of Horrors, Blendin's Game and Love God every episode was a 9 or 10/10, and NWHS was an 11/10.

No. It still has its fanbase. You just don't hear much from them anymore because no new content is being produced so it's less relevant. If Alex did more stuff with it then it would be obvious that it still has a very large audience and is generally loved and praised as a show.

Skim the wikipedia article on deconstruction, poorly apply it narrative choices and media criticism, then start multiple threads pretending you created a new branch of textual analysis.

No, THIS is a time flop.

Attached: il_794xN.1101965396_c92n.jpg (794x580, 112K)

I’ve found GF stuff at the local Target this year, so you’re wrong on top of being retarded.

I don’t hate it, but at the same time it never seemed like anything fantastic

Stop trying to make "time flop" a thing you double nigger.
Sage and report.

>announcing sage and report

I think a lot of it had to do with a shift in opinion of Hirsch himself. He went from this awesome creator who seemingly "got it," knew how to do a legitimate mystery, literally trolled Yea Forums, joined a drawpile here, and had a cool girlfriend who posted here too. Most of all, in a generation where you just throw whatever shit you want at the wall and hope people like it because of shipping and pretty girl designs, he felt like he actually planned ahead and had this show mapped out from the start, where it would all conclude satisfactorily.

Then he had his breakdown, squashed everything into two seasons instead of three, dumped cool girlfriend for annoying "flips off LEGOs" girlfriend, and started bitching on twitter more and more to critics and about politics in general. Of course, we ended up with a finale that saw the big bad have six different ways to kill him and the ultimate mystery was a dud (turns out the prophecy wheel doesn't really mean anything, derp.)

I think people still like the characters and the idea, but he sort of gave up on it, which is a shame.

Gravity Falls is actually better than most people give it credit for. 2B is pretty good but the molasses-ass release ruined it because most people were only staying on board for the lore one-offs in 2B were regarded as "filler" which is unfair because on an episode-by-episode basis, it's a funny well-written show throughout. Re-watching 2B without having to wait a month between episodes improves the series dramatically.

Attached: as a matter of fact.png (385x299, 14K)

>Is Gravity Falls an example of a term I just made up, specifically to describe what I think Gravity Falls is?
Gee I wonder

Attached: 2aSJFFv.jpg (1280x881, 131K)

Go shitpost about YoriMoi and Violet Evergarden Yea Forums

Far from it.

You win this Thread.

Not even Close, you just don't hear much from the fandom because content doesn't come out as much anymore.

I wasn't into the show for the humor it became known for or the lore. I liked the feeling/tone of the first 12 eps which was completely abandoned for increasingly wacky and zany comedy and development of the lore. I miss that balance of heart, goofiness, mystery and horror built around high concept sitcom premises.

What about Roadside Attraction?

Actually somebody just recommended I watch it last week.

Time flop is basically the exact opposite of cult classic.

I don't even think Yea Forums dislikes the show as much as they just have an obsessive hatred of Hirsch (because he says mean things about Daddy Trump on Twitter) and Mabel (because she's a female child character who doesn't act like a perfectly rational adult).

Attached: grunkle stan mabel wanna go solve mysteries and meet cute boys.png (540x540, 263K)

Attached: smug velma lol.jpg (624x448, 25K)

By your definition, hell no. GF is still one of the most popular cartoons out there.

Wow, there must be a bee in your bonnet.

fuck you mean, everyone still remembers Gravity Falls