Is this show well-liked around these parts?

Is this show well-liked around these parts?

Attached: f9c77d2fda91819f0a9e6dce6f696ae30ce373c4v2_hq.jpg (600x600, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C7sYaCxpscM
youtube.com/watch?v=XhcyeIEBT4I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's the most forgettable cartoons based on a movie Disney ever made.

The only noteworthy thing it had going was the Yzma/Amzy and lever jokes in every episode.

It actually had Jessica DiCicco as a non-grouchy/alternative girl.

They made Kuzco even gayer than he was in the movie.

>Give him a cute love interest
>He's gayer

It was a little repetitive but it had memorable characters.

Best parts were those with Kronk and Yzma, especially him failing to understand Amzy was Yzma.

This.
At least Hercules had the Aladdin crossover, some good jokes, and cute girls

What even compelled them to make it into a tv show? I don't remember the movie even being that popular, outside of teachers making us watch it in class a few times a year, no one really talked about it. Or maybe they did and I just have a shit memory.

I remember really liking Kronk in it.

Oh man I used to watch this alot, I can't remember if it was good or not though.

the Aladdin crossover was disappointing from what I remember, expected Jafar to be more of a threat

to be fair he was already nerfed pretty hard due to Return of Jafar

>It's the most forgettable cartoons based on a movie Disney ever made.

Attached: 250px-JungleCubsCast.jpg (250x188, 23K)

why did the had to got to school again? Is this post or pre movie?

Post movie. He had to graduate to get the throne or else Isma would.

i never hear it talked about here, so that probably means that it's worth checking out

Stupid sexy shota bagheera

Attached: 1554184388668.jpg (640x853, 49K)

I guess since its a comedy they didn't need to come up with a better story.

Attached: 1444121870738.jpg (172x169, 10K)

I liked it more than the movies.

it probably sold well on DVD.
What's weird is that the first season had Brian Cummings filling in as Pacha, but then Season 2 brought back John Goodman.

I liked it well enough as a kid and I'd probably think it's just ok if I watched it today.

But from what I remember it had Kuzco pretty much learning the same lesson (don't be a selfish asshole) over and over and over again.

Towards the end of the series they got bored with their setting and added in modern stuff like TV and arcades and stuff. Brandy and Mr. Whiskers did the same thing.

The show is filled to the brim with plotholes (Why is Yzma still in line to run the kingdom when Kuzco when she should have been fired by now? Who's running the kingdom while Kuzco is in school?) but it's not quite self-aware enough to really have fun with it.

Maleena is hot.

Attached: Chel and Kuzco.gif (500x300, 2.94M)

it's like a prequel and sequel at the same time.

This show is a sequel that feels like a prequel that re-hashes the plot of the movie in every episode

jesus christ

ha is this for real baby jungle book

I adore Kuzco and his movie but this series re-used every joke every single episode to the point I thought it would ruin the movie for me. Lucky for me the movie actually has comedic timing and never gets old.
Fuck the show, it could have been great.

I used to stay up just to watch this show because I thought it was so funny. Though today I haven't looked back to see how good or bad the show is.

i liked it as a kid. also in Disney Channel Asia this show is still airing at 2 AM for some reason

Only holds op because of character interactions, it was too repetitive to be enjoyable, sadly

I loved reruns of this with my sister in 2005 or so. Time goes too fast.

It was. okay to be honest
what emeperor's new groove did right however was the video game
absolute vidya kino

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 15K)

It should be but I can understand why it isn't

That game was so decent because it was made by the same dev team that made the Croc games.

Hit or miss depending on the episode, but i enjoyed it well enough.

>Towards the end of the series they got bored with their setting and added in modern stuff like TV and arcades and stuff.
That's why the TV episode was pretty much the funny one for me.

>Brandy and Mr. Whiskers did the same thing.
That's true, around season 2 they came with shopping mall completly out of nowhere.

I remember not really liking it that much, nowhere near how much I liked the original movie.

Based and Emperorpiller and Crocpilled

Herc and Al at least used their source material to develop interesting adventure shows.

>It should be
Care to explain why?

It was Phineas and Ferb before it existed
Formulaic humor that knew it was formulaic and made that a joke in itself
Great show, I watched it every day after school (rip Dave the Barbarian)

Based

That was why I couldn't get into it.

Yep. It and the Aladdin games they made both used the Croc 2 engine.

The show was entertaining enough, but predictable. The show was fun, and for an afterschool cartoon why not?
True. I remember the title song with the "K-U-Z-C-O Kuzco, Kuzco GO-GO!" more than anything, because the percussion section in our marching band played the beat to that at every opportunity.
Yes, did anybody else like Kronk's New Groove? I thought it was pretty funny as a kid.

Attached: Kronk's_New_Groove_Groove_Tonight_shiny_glove.gif (370x250, 1.46M)

HEY HEY HEY I'M WALKIN THE MILKYWAY

That song is all I really remember about the movie, it was pretty damn catchy.

I didn't even know about that Aladdin game. Definitely gonna check it out.

Nothing is well-liked around these parts.

Ok Yea Forums, the most important question about Aladdin.
Super Nintendo or Sega Genesis?

Attached: images - 2019-05-17T092136.709.jpg (633x484, 56K)

I had a Mega Drive so I have a lot more nostalgia for that version.

youtube.com/watch?v=C7sYaCxpscM

youtube.com/watch?v=XhcyeIEBT4I
YZMOPOLIS, MY METROPOLIS!
I remember hearing this song redone on a play, while riding a Disney Cruise ship. The actor for Yzma was so awesome.

Attached: Kronk's_New_Groove_Groove_Tonight.gif (500x264, 494K)

>The actor for Yzma was so awesome
Yeah, she actually won two Annie Awards and two Daytime Emmy Awards for her work on the show.

>Why is Yzma still in line to run the kingdom when Kuzco when she should have been fired by now?
There’s literally an episode about it:
>Kuzco wonders why Yzma still is her counselor if she is the one who keep trying to kill him.
>Kuzco is told he never fired her.
>Kuzco fires Yzma
>Turns out the new counselor is an annoying mom.
>Team Up
>Status Quo

It definitely seems that way at times, but I don't think I've ever seen this show get talked about on here and I wanted to see what the verdict was.

Well as far as Disney TAS spinoffs go, it's no Hercules.

I remember finding Kuzco's "cameo" fucking hilarious the first time I saw it. I doubt it would be as funny the second time, though.

It's obvious projection

She was probably the best character.

Reruns of the Movie had Great Numbers on Disney Channel and Toon Disney.

It really could have, it's not a bad show but not really a good one either

its better than the second movie, but that is not saying much.

Makes no sense, because she was ineligible at the end of BOTH movies (kitty after first, hawk dinner after the second)

It was ok, but that chick looked like a trap.

A lot of things didn't make sense anyway.

Was he ever a llama in this series or was it just the movie with that?

Not what that word means.

Remember that DisneyChannel.com flash game where you had to beat Kronk in a race by using different potions to shapeshift?

Blame High School Musical. Lucas Grabeel was a poor choice for Kuzco and made him into a theatre boy.

>WE'RE GOING TO CANCUN!

Indeed it is. In fact, we think cancelling it was a decision as terrible as cancelling the original Star Trek show.

>>Kuzco is told he never fired her.
That bothers me even more because even the original movie had this plot hole. Yzma's plan is built on no one knowing that Kuzco fired Yzma, except that Kuzco's assistant wrote up a pink slip for her. So not only is there a witness, but there's written proof that she was fired.

I don't see how. Bambi never even got a television show, neither did Dumbo.

Probably killed the assistant and burned the pink slip.