It was a huge mistake to kill off OG Thanos

It was a huge mistake to kill off OG Thanos

Attached: 1541891570683.png (770x507, 748K)

errr Darkseid is still alive, last time I checked.

It worked in the story, but what didn't work was bringing 2014 Thanos back to end it all

I wanted Thanos to learn that the snap didn't make the universe better and to help the Avengers try to fix it.

Worked pretty well.

But he doesn't actually want to make the universe better

No it was good, he served his purpose and got his happy ending

It was like having two different villains in the same movie. Original Thanos who died thinking he won and was happy, and then past Thanos who saw the future outcome and decided to say fuck that. What it comes down to though is I think they just needed an excuse to depower Thanos.

Funny thing is OG thanos was his own character while 2014 Thanos felt lile his comic countepart

this

he didn't bother protecting himself, he was just fuck it retire

Why didn't Thanos include himself in the potential snapping pool

they introduced the multiverse, literally nothing matters anymore and everyone can exist forever in any time line where everyone's dreams and shitty ideas can forever exist.

If he snapped himself someone could just pick the gauntlet up and undo it right there.

2014 Thanos just shows up, has no relationship with any of the Avengers aside from what he watched from Nebula's memories. But it doesn't work that way for the Avengers. For them, it's like their fighting the same dude that wiped out half of the universe so the emotional stakes are on their side but it's one-sided in the sense that 2014 Thanos is all "I don't even know you".

Shit's fucked. Wish maybe 2014 Thanos somehow used the pym particles to save 2019 Thanos?

He could've sat in his armour and not shrunk the stones, just stayed sat on guard at all times with the stones in case someone came to attack him

Why bother when you can just destroy them

The problem is how do you do the five year timeskip with OG Thanos still fucking around?

Option 1: Thanos keeps the infinity gems, kicks their asses when they go to kill him, they realize they don't stand a chance and do nothing for five years. Makes the heroes look weak and passive, and Thanos would be free to fuck up their time travel plans.

Optioon 2: Thanos destroys the stones, then goes into hiding. Now you've nerfed Thanos too much so that when he does come back to try and steal the stones, it only makes sense that he gets his ass kicked and it ruins his arc from the first movie.

What's option 3?

Thanos uses the stones to shrink himself down to microscopic size and spends 5 years hiding in Ant-Man's ass.

This.

The Avengers would hsbe undid the damage.

OG Thanos won. The Avengers literally had to invade and fuck up other timelines just to undo the damage

I was pleasantly surprised when the Russos subverted expectations when Ant-Man grows, shoves Thanos up his own ass, and then shrinks down and crushes him

He did

Yeah. The problem was they needed a way to make it clear mugging Thanos for the stones back wasn't a solution, and after that it wouldn't be right to have the enraged and mourning Avengers just shrug and go home leaving the genocidal maniac alive.

>What's option 3?
The only thing I can really think of is that they just never find Thanos, and give up on getting his stones, then when Scott comes back they do the Timeheist then Present Thanos who figured out what they were doing shows up with a new army.

Let's say he doesn't use his own own glove to redo the snap because it will just turn into a tug of war over snapping and resnapping until either he or Hulk die so he wants to defeat them first then redo it. And he with the stones is so OP Tony has to snap him as the only way to kill him.

But if they do this no 2014 Gamora, so she can't be in GotG 3, and no seeing the Black Order again.

not really, only Hulk and maybe Thor

Actually he could've just teleported anywhere else, the avengers only found out his location due to the power surge of his second snap.

And if the Avengers did find him Thanos could've just teleported away nonetheless constantly......or killed them since he still has the stones.

Attached: fuck this world.webm (720x386, 1.07M)

I think the bigger mistake was bringing in the one from the past.

He was inherently less interesting and clearly just there for the big dumb battle.
He felt as uninteresting as Ronan or Ultron.

>depower
what did he mean by this

Imagine if Thanos destroyed the stones but was still prepared and even had his Thanoscopter blade by his side.

Attached: dance off bro.gif (429x343, 1.1M)

He would have won only if he used the stones to turn into a fucking

2014 Thanos felt like the previous movies before IW. Kinda flat and villanous, but not in a bad way. Which is funny because original Thanos felt very in character from the previous movie.

a fucking what?

i kind of liked it actually. IW thanos goes through a lot of development and loses so much, and ends up much more introspective. EG 2014 thanos on the other hand develops in the complete opposite direction once he learns that he wins in the end and gets super cocky and self-assured. so yea, he ends up more like his original comic self. honestly, i wouldnt completely mind if they introduced lady death into the MCU and brought EG thanos back through her, making him more like his comic self due to his different character development. it might feel like a bit of a copout if they just make him a super huge "endgame" threat again but if not then i feel like it could work

Thanos at the beginning of IW still killed Loki and forced Thor to watch before blowing him up and leaving him for dead. He was always villainous.

His later polite manner started when he got two stones as he was basically unstoppable then and nobody stood a chance. Every fight from then on was just him being a good sport and letting them drag it out to feel like they weren't completely helpless against him. He was going to win and he believed deep down people would agree with him in the end and see him right.

Even at the beginning of EG he's won forever so he doesn't care if he dies, though he shows some of his former temper when he snaps that they should be thanking him before Thor kills him.

Then 2014 Thanos not only finds out that he won but it's going to be undone and he doesn't have the complete power of the stones to just hand wave every victory, but also that the universe after 5 years still doesn't like what happened and wants to undo it. Hence why he snaps like that.