Amethyst: Princess of Gemworld

youtube.com/watch?v=pkd5mYvKWig
Looking back, I wonder if DC and Warner look at the success of Steven Universe and then shake their head slowly for not doing anything with this?

Attached: Amethyst and her Pegacorn.jpg (418x373, 27K)

Steven Universe was the reason this didn't get picked up. A pity since Amy and Turquoise were top qts

Attached: 3a4b881c87c6941fb1b1a7afb9458c69.jpg (736x620, 80K)

Completely different shows

>tfw read the comic
>tfw dying to find something similar to political R63 Conan and can't find anything like it
Shit sucks.

>Steven Universe was the reason this didn't get picked up
How do you figure?

Whats the point if there arent any comics that match the tone of the show? Amethyst has a buzz cut and is palling around with Frankenstein desho?
And before you pull Teen Titans out of your ass I think it should be obvious nobody cares about the Teen Titans especially the Titans

I'm just disappointed at the lack of adventures with a skeleton bro.

Normies don't give a fuck about comics.

Attached: 1429729009562.png (1024x737, 347K)

Attached: 1447038528047.jpg (1280x1280, 355K)

>the animation was outsourced to the guys who animate JoJo
No thanks

pilots aired at the same time and su seemed cheaper to make while cartering to a larger consumerbase, go figure

Attached: AM06_H264_TheFinalBoss_thumb_ju765tar4a_.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

Attached: 1480278124492.jpg (400x555, 180K)

I find it deeply annoying how Yea Forums seems to drool over Amethyst, while also constantly spewing bullshit about "KEEP POLITICS OUT OF MUH COMICS WAAAAAAAH!!!!!".

This just proves that you're all a bunch of hypocritical, utterly retarded casuals. Fuck off and kill yourselves.

Attached: 1415677274975.jpg (216x228, 35K)

How is Amethyst political? It seemed to be a great opportunity, backed by solid shorts that were ultimately declined in favor of a show that infamously wore its politics on its sleeve.

Attached: 1511805657766.jpg (630x1024, 164K)

>How is the fantasy political thriller with strong feminist undertones political?
Okay, that just confirms you're a retarded casual.

Attached: 1408811117844.jpg (351x440, 18K)

Attached: 1555190410148.jpg (833x1024, 86K)

I see, your one of those retards who see politics in everything and then bitch about it, insuring that everyone has to scrutinize everything and remains trapped in your sad little world of tit-for-tat.

Attached: 1555190810787.jpg (1280x1279, 359K)

Pretending to be retarded doesn't mean you aren't retarded. I know you know that I'm talking about the fucking comic, you stupid little dickweed. At the risk of evoking a cliche, it's basically Game of Thrones, but with gemstone motifs and magical girl tropes. You'd have to have a pretty strong fucking delusional filter to see Amethyst: Princess of Gemworld as non-political. Or maybe you're an Ubisoft exec. Either way, you're a goddamn idiot.

Attached: 607935.jpg (600x938, 236K)

It was obvious CN didn't care. They wanted their own cheap franchise and didn't want to spend money on it. This is why DC Nation died. All they kept was TTGo.

Attached: 1555193588249.gif (400x294, 1.45M)

>Pegacorn
I keep forgetting "alicorn" was coined only recently to mean winged unicorn.

Looks like SAO without Kittytoe and rape.

Attached: 1555193681122.gif (425x312, 197K)

Attached: 1555193742527.jpg (768x1024, 95K)

It was coined ages ago to refer to the material of a unicorn horn. Or narwhal tusk, as the case may be.

Plenty of sexual tension and shipping though

Attached: 1420507081988.jpg (600x878, 76K)

Attached: 1557004162663.jpg (611x825, 51K)

Attached: 1557004552742.jpg (434x437, 32K)

Name one person in this thread besides you who gives a single shit about the comics you stupid fuck. The animated shorts offered vaguely video game-themed magical girl shenanigans and that's all we want.

Attached: 1557004288864.jpg (600x466, 94K)

>There's a timeline where instead of the ugly blobs in Steven Universe we got nice and cool Princess Amethyst

Attached: 1557550958183.jpg (555x552, 28K)

>ME NO WANT PLOT. ME WANT SLASH AND PUNCH AND PEW PEW.
Casuals need to be gassed. Thank goodness this piece of shit cartoon was never greenlit, because it completely missed the entire point of the IP. Fuck you.

>Yea Forums is one person

There’s a million shows like it as cute as it was. It would of been forgettable.

I don't feel strongly about the pitch itself, but it's unfortunate that experienced people who are good at what they do get passed over in favor of younger artists and faddish styles. There's an obsession with youth that is frankly more harmful than any of the other big picture issues, real or perceived.

Brianne isn't owed success, but she did deserve a turn.

Yea Forums is absolutely one person. Guaranteed that if this had been greenlit, there would be a wave of threads bitching about DA SJWS TAKING AWAY MY CARTOONS because oh no, a cartoon with a female lead got made. Fuck off and kill yourself, you predictable cunts.

Shut up. The previous comic portrayals should not limit new media being created. This same logic could be applied to Miles Morales and "Into the Spiderverse". Character had a shit comic with politics thrown in? Now you can never have another comic or movie made ever again. Fuck off

Attached: 1554563070613 1553624464834.jpg (385x325, 58K)

At least it's appealing to people other than gender studies majors

That wouldn't happen if the show wasn't shit tho. No one shits on MLATR, Juniper Lee, original PPG.and so on

Miles was a poorly realized character that got some writers who gave a shit about doing something interesting with him. This cartoon takes an established franchise and guts it of everything that made it good. You are actually advocating for filing off serial numbers and removing actual substance from media. "People" like you are why capeshit has become so shit. Kill yourself.

What are you even fucking talking about? The majority of the industry has at least 2 years of experience over all studios. How old do you have to be to be considered for “having a turn”? Hell genndy was in his 20s when he got his first show and was in the industry for a smaller time than Brianne if you compare the time spans before they pitched a pilot.

The comics pushed Miles as the black Spiderman - while the movie actually game him character. Better and more accessible than the comics too.

Attached: 1555342769007 reality.jpg (500x750, 68K)

What do you thought of the shitty ending?

What the fuck are you talking about?

I'm not saying one needs to be a certain age. I just felt sorry for her that she never got a show despite the work and the years she put in.

There isn’t a lot of show slots to go around user. There is a large percentage of people who have worked as much time as her in the industry and don’t get a show either.

Not yet

Attached: 1557004226741.jpg (500x703, 173K)

I give a shit about the comic, it was a perfect 9/10 up until Crisis in Infinite Earth fuck it over.

Was it ever even intended to be a pilot? It never really felt to me like it was supposed to be anything other than a mini-series.

And I feel bad for many of them too. That doesn't really address the point, which is that this industry doesn't seem to value proven ability and loyalty very much, and is incentivized to push people out very quickly.

Those were all waifubait trash that Yea Forums saw when they were 12. Fuck your nostalgia filter. If those had come out now, Yea Forums would despise them.

And in this case, it's the opposite. The comics were a compelling political thriller with strong worldbuilding and dynamic characters, while the cartoon is dumbed down waifubait with no substance. And with the added touch of insulting video game references. Absolutely disgusting.

>push people out very quickly
You know nothing about the industry, stop pretending like you do.

Go swing your e-dick somewhere else.

>Waifu bait

???

Attached: 1553871643997 1539741570158.jpg (700x700, 96K)

Was actually coined in 1984

she kinda looks like princess Peach here with different earrings and dress

>"Look at [character]! Look at how cute/sexy she is? Please ignore our shit writing, and just drool over this character design. Thank you!
Waifubait.

The shorts looked beautiful

Nice to know not getting a show means you’ve been pushed out.

Attached: 843F8AD4-B4BE-4B2D-A79A-683AEF0D8D5F.gif (256x256, 455K)

>>"Look at [character]! Look at how cute/sexy she is? Please ignore our shit writing, and just drool over this character design. Thank you!

Literally who?

Good animation, but the story's boring

Pretty much everyone until around 2010.

>Those were all waifubait trash that Yea Forums saw when they were 12. Fuck your nostalgia filter. If those had come out now, Yea Forums would despise them.
I also disliked them besides PPG also
>PPG
>Waifubait
Sexist shitlord, have sex. The point is none of these were feminist crap just show which the main character were girls

Attached: 1557221340875.gif (370x330, 325K)

Female led fiction is inherently feminist since male is still considered the "default" in society as a whole, and thus a female protagonist is a subversion of the perceived norm.

Lol. You have to be trolling. Nobody is this retarded.

tHIS

>no rebuttal
The most insulting part is that you refuse to even be honest about being a brain dead retard who only wants to beat off to waifus.

There is no rebuttal because your premise is utterly braindead

How so? I know you ain't about to try and deny that male is seen as default. Either explain how what any of what I said was wrong, or concede the argument. Or just kill yourself, that's fine too.

Why can't you accept that we want something more than fap-material in comics. Though it doesn't seem like it at times, we're not /aco/.

Attached: 1552386696700 1517629747074.jpg (500x667, 81K)

>rebuttal
You can't rebute someone who moves the goalpost and re-defines terms as he sees fit.
Does there exist a statement to disprove your claims?

What the fuck are you saying?
Male as the default in what?

Attached: 1558086179517 16847.jpg (398x384, 54K)

>Why can't you accept that we want something more than fap-material in comics?
Because all you fuckers ever do is whine and bitch and piss and moan about STOP PUTTING POLITICS IN MY COMICS AND CARTOONS. Hate to break it to you, sonny jim, but literally EVERYTHING has politics attached to it. That's life, and that's also fiction. When you actively complain about fiction wanting to have substance, or intrigue, or even just wanting to say something, what the fuck else is someone supposed to think? The fuck DO you want then?

Like, you can't have a story about a fuckin princess, a literal political figure, and not have politics come up at some point. For fucks sake, user.

>Like, you can't have a story about a fuckin princess, a literal political figure, and not have politics come up at some point.

Like, are you being dense on purpose? Or do you really think that simply having a princess in a piece of media automatically turns it into medieval House of Cards?

Attached: disney_princesses_with_elena_by_elemental_aura_dab2aj5-fullview.png (1024x462, 695K)

1) Subverting something established doesn’t automatically make the end result good. I thought we all learned that lesson with The Last Jedi.

2) Galbrush theory. You have everyone up in arms about how sexist the new Tomb Raider games are for their depiction of Lara but no one bats an eye at any of the shit Nathan Drake went through, since female characters seem to have a much larger expectation put in them BY feminists

Oh god not this again. When people say “they don’t want politics in stories”, what they really mean is they don’t want to be preached to or be told how they’re responsible for some invisible sleight against another by some author or artist they don’t even know trying to virtue signal. Just because a story has a moral doesn’t mean it’s political or that its supposed to be about reality, even if they take inspiration from real events in real life, but it turns out a lot of people can’t tell fact from fiction these days.

Okay, nah, I'm with you here.
I have to say that you argued your point FUCKING TERRIBLY and until this post, I completely misunderstood what it was, but I get what you're saying now.

However, you're making the good 'ole "/board/ is a hivemind" mistake.
People who bitch against waifubait, people who demand compelling plots and people who bitch about politics don't necessarily all have to be the same group.

But you're both still wrong.
You can continue to screech about how a man can who takes a shit in one way or another is "inherently" political, but it doesn't excuse the fact that you look like a fucking baboon doing so.
Politics exist in narratives because they can be intriguing or help flesh out lore, themes and plot in a story. A romance novel or comic needn't be political, though the angle can be pushed to enhance a story or character respectfully.
Comics have become so blunt and forceful in pushing THEIR narrative against others that they're insufferable, when the same media used to be so much more subtle and less shit than it is now.

No. They don’t care.

There's having political elements and thoughts in comics, to actively question the reader and pose interesting themes. Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith had a noticeable political angle; where Sheev used he support of the Senate to empower and solidify his position in the Republic. The Jedi on the other hand had attempted to usurp Sheev becoming somewhat Tyrannical force themselves.

Instead you're getting mainstream comics and cartoons pushing agendas and shitting all over source material by jamming their own politics down your throat without thought or remorse.

Attached: 1557093836973 1554772775224.jpg (1024x1024, 101K)

Almost all of those characters are from stories with prominent political elements. Or are seriously going to pretend Princess and the Frog didn't take place in the fucking 20s?

Everything, really. Notice how you automatically use 'he' when referring to someone? Yeah.

Female characters are put up to a higher standard by everyone.

>don't want to be preached at
Bullshit. You know full well that whenever one of you whiny cunts bitches about "politics", what you actually mean is that you're offended by the existence of women, minorities, and LGBT. Let's just cut the bullshit on that one right now.

Still can't tell if you're a troll or not.

>Or are seriously going to pretend Princess and the Frog didn't take place in the fucking 20s?
Nigger, that movie was about a woman who wanted to own a restaurant but a witch doctor turned her into a frog

>You know full well that whenever one of you whiny cunts bitches about "politics", what you actually mean is that you're offended by the existence of women, minorities, and LGBT.
When someone brings a show with those things that people don't complain about you'll just cry about waifubait anyway

Attached: RukaMichi-sailor-uranus-and-sailor-neptune-9047593-1024-768.jpg (1024x768, 588K)

>MUH AGENDAS
Again, welcome to life. Most stories have an agenda of some kind, a natural consequence of being made by people who have opinions and beliefs. Get over yourselves, you fragile little snowflakes.

Here's the problem: By the sheer act of making one of the sides "the good guys" and one of the sides "the bad guys", you are more or less giving support to some political position.
More so, the best, most interesting narrations make you question certain positions or opinions. Stories that merely reassure that Stuff Is Alright The Way It Is are boring.
More so: It doesn't need to be anywhere near overt or explicit, but tags on Yea Forums will always overthink it and sperg out about its agenda.

>that movie was about a woman who wanted to own a restaurant but a witch doctor turned her into a frog
Yes, and there was certainly no subtext concerning certain social issues, especially when Tiana's attempt to buy her building was stalled. Don't even fucking start with that shit.

This. All stories ultimately pick a side.

Attached: someone of your... background.png (642x361, 258K)

Good thing we're the good guys... Right?

Attached: welp.jpg (872x799, 93K)

Attached: He'd like a word with you.jpg (1332x850, 321K)

Tick and tick...

Checkmate dumb-arse

Attached: GetFucked.jpg (350x635, 71K)

"Fuck this, everyone is a cunt." is still a viewpoint, dumbass.

When were viewpoints made illegal user?
I don't remember making a post about that...

oof meant:
for:
Sorry fren

Should've been The Joker
It's literally canon that he steals homework and report cards

Based and correct pilled

It's like going to an event wearing the same dress. It's bad form.