Is there ANY modern day cartoon that tackles subjects as good as Courage did?

youtube.com/watch?v=CjS7LTUJARo
youtube.com/watch?v=aP3MpP9zeEM

It's exactly what the title says. I cannot remember being moved as a young person as much as Courage did. Adventure Time didn't. Star vs. didn't. Gravity Falls didn't. She Ra didn't. Am I an old fart or does cartoons today lack that "punch" the links above gave you?

Or call me a boomer faggot.

Attached: file.png (474x350, 282K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5r5-MPLKrIk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't think there was any cartoon back then besides maybe Hey Arnold that could also tackle subjects like Courage
It's not how weak things are now, it's how unique of a show Courage was

try not to cry
youtube.com/watch?v=5r5-MPLKrIk

Why haven't cartoons now attempted to tackle things like Courage or Hey Arnold did? It's been a long while since those two shows aired after all. You've gotten all these showrunners and storyboard artists that were inspired by the Cartoon Cartoons, but I cannot recall anyone trying to take aspects of Courage and reformat it for today's toons. I apologize if i'm not making sense.

>It's not how weak things are now
I do think from the "punch" standpoint cartoons now are sorely lacking.

Simon and Marcy from Adventure Time, Stan punching Bill from Gravity Falls and gems getting poof'd pale in comparison to one episode of Courage.

thing is, when you grow up you just get colder

>Courage was cancelled for not having merchandising potential
>every attempt by Dilworth to make another TV series failed hard
>his Kickstarter for a Dirdy Birdy sequel also failed
>that Courage prequel that he talked about a while ago was probably canned too

Dilworth has seen some shit. Also,

>the VA for Courage is a fucking tour guide now

We're on Yea Forums so we're all faggots here, at least. From She-Ra, Catra's desire to find someone or something to trust in was poignant to me as was her outburst when she learned that Adora wasn't coming back.

But yeah Courage was great for these moments amidst all the goofy crazy horror.

the entirety of shows this generation is "lacking" something when it comes to shit Courage and Arnold nailed repeatedly and I can't put my finger on it

Howl seems to be coming along pretty well, here's hoping it sees release. Dilly's a good guy who just wants to make cartoons, so he'a got my support.

some cartoons tackle different issues;
>adventure time - LGBT stuff, feminism, government shit
>She-ra - sexism
>Steven Universe - sexism, despite being irritating as fuck
>Tangled - addiction
>Star vs. - institutional racism, sexism, land theft, etc.
But most cartoons won't even consider touching the shit Courage didn't just touch on, Courage hit with a truck.
>Courage being an abandoned baby
>Eustace being an unloved child under a hard surface
>Lesbian cats, one being sexist, in an abusive relationship
>Addiction via fantasy flan
>depression and bipolar disorder via that cannonball-stewed plum episode
>whatever that weird face tree, and that squid thing was supposed to be or otherwise we were being dicked with
>Eustace being belittled, and bullied by a cruel, narcissistic mother who never loved/wanted him

No modern cartoon is going to touch on the adult issue of confronting adults who were abused as children like Courage did. It wasn't a positive message with tears and a hug, it was a hard look in the mirror that bad people often get away with shit that cripples the lives of others.

sentimentality and tenderness?

>AT
>feminism, LGBT stuff
my ass

>All that modern shit
Proving OP right

I think part of the reason is that all those shows had younger casts - since Courage is still unique in that regard - and there's also sentiment nowadays to end on a note where just about everyone gets what's coming to them as closure, like the villains get handed justice and the good guys earn a happy ending. Plus creators now more than ever are aware of fan feedback and reactions, so that might temper them from taking too many bold risks storywise.

I think it's just associated with that because of that gay kiss at the end.

there's no LGBT struggle with those two, just yurifag fan pandering.

Man, Courage The Cowardly Dog had god-tier soundtrack.

>Courage was cancelled for not having merchandising potential
At least ended on a high note and with a great final season and message

the writers had intended for marci and pb to be lesbians for a long ass time. it's why pb had marci's shirt as either a night gown, or a pillow case.
As for feminism, you had a well developed, scientist-dictator with a life outside of work. Very few female characters get that level of development.

>Long ass time
Not before S3

>you had a well developed
>retconned backstory
ftfy

you mean after deviantartfags moved in on the show which moved away from its original style. You'd have to explain why FinnFP didn't survive as well.

Why did you have to ruin my day like this user, why!?

>that Courage prequel that he talked about a while ago was probably canned too
It was also going to be broadcast on Boomerang, so it would obviously die out. Which is pretty sad.
Dilworth really deserves better.

>you'd have to explain why FinnFP didn't survive as well
That is something that needs some real justification! Who in their right mind thought the plot of Frost & Fire was a good idea?

Attached: MsPuffIsAbsolutelyDisgutedByThisAnon.png (500x377, 192K)

>the VA for Courage is a fucking tour guide now
Huh, never knew that. Any other word on how other voice actors from the past are doing? Wasn't Eddy's voice actor working in the oil sands industry?

Same people who thought bubbline in general was a good idea.

This is a courage thread, though.