"I'm not about to let a man take credit for a woman's work"

>"I'm not about to let a man take credit for a woman's work"

But you'll steal a man's image, suit, name and just everything about him.

Attached: Elseworlds_marquee_5cd22fab50d806.10788692.jpg (1998x1142, 782K)

How far would she go to stop a man from taking credit for a woman's work?
Would she shoot him with her tank, or bombard with her plane?

That's feminism for you!

On some level, I feel that feminism does kinda have an uphill battle when it comes to these sorts of things. And I think a very major core reason for why that is is because the creativity that goes into making a brand new superhero, one that can stand tall with the likes of Batman, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Superman, in today's pop culture, is really in such short supply. You can't just create a brand new superheroine, one who symbolizes feminism, and expect her to hold up. She would always sit in the shadows of those greats. Maybe someone COULD, but that someone probably doesn't work in the comic book industry. And it's really not just feminism, but everything.

So the only real method available to you is to usurp an existing superhero's legacy. It's a cheap, dirty way to accomplish your objective, but it's the only option available. But, at the same time, is also seriously undermines that message. There is no way at the present to create a new female superhero who can make it as big as Batman, so the only way is to take advantage of what he's laid the foundations for. But that also means that Batwoman can only make it to where she's gotten by riding on a man's coattails. Same goes for Miles Morales, who is really only notable because he's a Black/Hispanic character taking on the legacy of a white guy.

And I kind of feel like that might be why modern feminists who are associated with comic books and the like are so bitter, because this is all they have. I am sure that if they could create a brand new character that could become as big as Batman or Spider-Man, many of them would. But they can't. Their own ineptitude gnaws at them and embitters them. Again, I actually do believe that there is someone out there who has the creativity and talent to create a brand new superhero who can stand with those greats. That out of seven billion people living on this planet, at least one must have that capacity. That person just doesn't work in the comic books industry.

if he wanted to keep it he shouldn't have been a fucking fat drunk you useless grey haired old man

Thing is, it's not just women. NEW Male superheroes have trouble as well, regardless of race have issues with trying to make it on their own. The truth is, if you're not the big name heroes who have been around since comics were popular from the big two, you don't matter. The only exceptions somehow being Hellboy and Spawn. The only other option is having a hook that no one else does as well. Deadpool wasn't as well known as he is now if we weren't rewritten from his early inception (ie. a Deathstroke rip off)

>Batman abandoned us
Whats up with dc series and shitting on Batman? also
>Im not gonna look for my cousing, Im just gonna take his stuff

In a way, I think that mindset is POISON for creativity. It just makes you want to quit and don't try. Truth of the matter is that the big heroes became popular due to the cultural zeitgeists of the time, then through talented writers, became popular in their own right. Everyone has that chance, you just need to find out what's the right message to push in this timeline.

I honestly wish they would go further and she just went "I'm not about to let a cis het take credit for a lesbians work" I want he full train wreck thank you

batsuit, is better cuz a woman is in it

Another problem is that no one really has the patience to do it. These characters are decades old, they're older than pretty much all of us on this board. It took a long, long time to build that legacy. And if you want to create a new character, you have to be willing to put in that kind of time and effort. You have to be willing to accept the idea that your character may not hit the big time until well after you die. This is frankly unacceptable for just about anyone.

This is why I'm never mad when they make new characters but just changing the race/sex of an existing character. Getting people to just read a new character just doesn't seem possible to me so I understand why they use the established character springboard. Kamala came about because they had no idea what the fuck to do with ms.marvel but they wanted to do something cause she fucking has marvel in her name. Getting people to just buy a comic called "stretchy brown" is a lot harder.

That springboard is WAYYYYY to important the only fucked up part is that the characters aren't really fleshed out and it gets people mad but they CAN work

Trips of truth. The biggest obstacle to your point and is that people like their legacy characters. Spiderman, Captain America, Batman, Wonder Woman, everyone knows who they are. They're familiar and have been around forever. The best newly-written character - male or female - will struggle simply because they don't have that.

>NEW Male superheroes have trouble as well

Well, in the sense that ANY new thing has trouble. I mean nobody is expecting every new character to suddenly become the next big thing, but we do get stuff like Kingsman, The Mask, Sin City, 300, Red, stuff like that were all at least break even successful or big hits. Now the important thing I'm trying to highlight with those examples is A, none of them are big two, and B, even if they're not all based entirely around a singular character all of those have a character people can instantly point to and recognize. The story was more important than making the new guy for the franchise. That's where most of the push falls flat.

I think Spawn made it work the best. Some people say Static Shock, but it was always marred by the fact that it sometimes gets its own foot in its mouth.

Spawn is one of the titles that got immediate recognition, and sold twice as much as the Civil War 2 bullshit Marvel churned out. Too bad it feels like he fizzled out these days.

>Civil War 2
To be fair, when your story has this stupidity in it I imagine that's not hard to do. I wouldn't know, I can't be assed to look up how much money this story actually raked in.

Attached: civil-war-ii-fcbd-2016-greenmangroup-dcp-009.jpg (2048x3151, 1.23M)

It does NOT help when the new version of the guy/girl shits all over the older guy/girl and his/her beliefs as if the newer character is inherently better. (See also: Ghostbuster 2016 and DmC.)

Let's not forget that no talented writer would waste his life working on a character that would just make a multimillionaire company even richer.
They have way more chances of sucess in others markets like video games, that have way more espace for new storys and characters since they don't have two single companys sucking the entire market for themselves.
The age of writers like Stan Lee and Jack Kirby is long gone, mostly because the DC and Marvel monopoly on superheroes works like a black hole, consuming everything around then, in a vain attempt to fill a bottomless hole of greed.

The problem is that those old characters won't ever go away, thats not how this medium works. No matter how many shitty batman comics come out he's still batman y'know? Its not like new characters can't get be successful with great writers and what not but the springboard of an old established character is HUGE and without that starting point its hard to even start.

I agree but those instances are completely different. The new ghostbusters was just a board trying to push an agenda, not tell a story from a new angle. Characters like kamala, miles, riri I guess, and maybe moon girl are trying to bring new angles into stories or at least hide it better. Whether the writing is up to par is another thing, but they need that established name to even be seen

>But you'll steal a
Everyone steals the bat symbol, it's not really his anymore because it stands for something more. Her suit and name are different just like Batgirl or Superboy but is reverential like they are. What exactly is she apparently stealing that the other batfamily characters aren't? Or are you just baiting like another bored faggot?

To be fair, Kate has a habit of shitting on her family members. It's practically part of her core personality.

>Her suit and name are different just like Batgirl or Superboy but is reverential like they are.

We're talking about the trailer you moron, where she literally steals the batsuit. No, not 'copies it', we mean she literally fucking goes into the batcave, takes the batsuit, modifies it, and uses it all without permission. Or, you know, she fucking steals it.

>What exactly is she apparently stealing that the other batfamily characters aren't?
Oh yeah, I remember that scene where dick stole the Batsuit then immediately got pissy that someone thought that the person up in the shadows with the bat costume, bat tech and giant fucking bat cape was, gasp, batman!

>There are delusional Katefags on this board who think she's a good character

Attached: 065465161.jpg (828x1416, 176K)