Which Spidy wins in a 3-way brawl? No outside interference, no Stark armor...

Which Spidy wins in a 3-way brawl? No outside interference, no Stark armor. Battle starts at a New York construction site with lots of tall buildings around.

Attached: Men of Spiders.jpg (500x268, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aVfJxS0Bpp0
youtube.com/watch?v=ORrQKFliVLM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Tobey
He can’t run out of webs

Also he stopped a metro

I would probably give it to Garfield since he has the intellect and is insanely mobile. Holland has the least experience and Maguire seems like he got his ass kicked a lot.
Maguire still has the best movies and is the best version of the character, though. Fuck me the Amazing Spiderman movies are shit.

didn't Garfield Spider-Man dodge gunfire in one scene? and he has the best spidey sense iirc. Probably give it to him. Then Tobey. I think Holland might have the best raw strength feats but would still get his ass beat.

youtube.com/watch?v=aVfJxS0Bpp0
Everyone in the Raimiverse is overpowered as fuck. Peter takes a train head on and swings back in a second later.

Garfield's the only one that uses mechanical web shooters, right? That's a huge disadvantage right there. Additionally, he technically lost in fights against both of his main enemies, only surviving due to Connors catching him and failing to save Gwen.

Meanwhile, not only did Holland technically defeat vulture by crippling his wingsuit (albeit far more than he intended) he also saved him from a self inflicted demise.

However, McGuire's Spidey does have the most experience, and is the most brutal fighter

>Straight up murders uncle's killer
>Goblin killed by own hoverboard
>Convinced Doc Ock to kill himself
>Tortured Venom, then blew him up
>Blew up Osborn Junior's face
>Dissolved Sandman into mud

Only the latter two were done under the influence of the venom symbiote as well.

Overall, McGuire > Holland >>>>> Garfield. Holland has a chance of winning due to literal battlefield and unorthodox strategy experience, but Garfield is fucked.

Pretty sure he can. He's using up SOMETHING for those webs. Whatever it is, he definitely doesn't have an endless supply. Maybe it's calories, maybe it's iron, who knows, but he's using up something.

He taps into the spider-force.

look? garfield
acting? tobey
voice? holland

Attached: 1558051581435.gif (250x188, 663K)

As of Spider-Man 2, I'd say that Maguire is the strongest in terms of pure power. Holland might be nearly comparable, though, given what he managed to do in Homecoming.

In as far as intelligence goes, I'd say Holland is leagues above the other two. Maguire is "realistic genius". He's really smart, but he's not comic book smart. Garfield is smart for his age, but he didn't create his own web fluid and he couldn't figure out how to insulate his webs without outside help. We rip on Holland for getting so many hand-me-downs from Iron Man, but he's super smart, there's no doubt about that. He created his own webbing, which even Stark was impressed by, created his own web shooters using parts found in dumpsters and is pretty much a mid-level comic book genius through and through. So, I dunno, maybe he can find a way to outsmart the other two.

Holland is easily the most powerful of the bunch. Tobey the least.

>Garfield: BEN!
>Tobey: WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME
>Holland: WHO?

Good question.

Immediately, MCU Spidey can be discarded, as he doesn't seem to be much of a fighter, and his homemade suit is haphazard at best. He is, by far, the physically weakest of the three. He's out first.

Tobey is probably the best 'Spider-Man' in terms of web tactics, agility, etc. He has the best win-loss record. He's also, by a large margin, the most intelligent of the three. Organic webs are a plus.

Andrew Garfield is the most inexperienced of the three. He barely managed to subdue the Lizard, relied heavily on his girlfriend to beat Electro in what is essentially a stroke of luck, and lost to the Green Goblin. That being said, he's also physically stronger than the other two. The movies go out of their way to show how strong he is, and he's also probably got a slight edge on Spidey-sense as well. I recall a scene where he basically dodged bullets at point blank range and that was like on his first day in the costume.

It'd be a good match-up seeing the two go at it, but I'd hand it to Tobey if only for his vast experience. He also has the best and most Spider-Man-ish quips.

He's also the only Spider-Man to be in a good movie.

Holland definitely has the most experience fighting other superhumans, and he has the best tech, so I'd put my money on him.

Maguire tanked a train.

>He's also the only Spider-Man to be in a good movie.
That's not fair, Holland was in Infinity War.

I will concede to that point, though when it comes to Spidey-exclusive movies I'm not a huge fan of Homecoming.

fucking kek

Attached: 1547408937855.jpg (494x546, 157K)

Homecoming gets a lot of points from me for just how well crafted the Vulture was. I loved how he's a payoff on the fallout of various battles in the MCU's history, in a way that thematically ties to his moniker, and then the whole series of scenes following the reveal that he's Liz's dad.

I agree, Vulture was the best part of the movie - but I just can't get behind the MCU's 90210 version of the wall-crawler.

Inaccurate.

Well, we'll see how he does no longer suckling from the Iron Teat.

My issue is that Iron Man is now Peter's Uncle Ben, which kind of defeats the purpose of the character.

Holland's demonstrated the highest level of strength (lifting rubble) while Maguire Spidey had the highest Endurance/Tankiness (survived train, got a Goblin Grenade in the face) and I can't really think of anything Garfield excelled in. Maybe tapping into his "spider-ness" because when he fights the Lizard, he crawls all over him and webs him up like a real spider.

Holland is clearly far smarter, developing web fluid at a young age, but his inexperience means Maguire would likely beat both Garfield and Holland in CQC, barring Iron Spider limbs which could tip the balance.

Reaching into Spider-Verse, I feel like Maguire is the most experienced, similar to Peter B (Hobo Spider) while Garfield is more charismatic but not strong in Spider-Related areas (NY clearly loves him) while Holland has the most raw potential, but currently leans on his suit abilities too much nd so far hasn't fought villains that could match him in a slugfest. Vulture kept him out of arms reach, but one Holland punch to Vulture's face and he'd be out for the count.

Maguire Spidey benefits from operating in a Golden-Age kind of Spiderverse where comics logic applies and the world is nebulously in the 1990's-2000's and so doesn't have to worry about technological and domestic developments. His robbers are dressed in black with ski caps and revolvers, going after banks, pretty classic comics. Garfield's criminals and villains are more powered up, still pretty crazy (stealing plutonium in broad daylight, turn NY into lizards, et cetera), while Holland's villains are in the modern world with all its complexities and seek to maintain their own ecosystem (Vulture wanted to steal from the get out of a robin-hood esque view of class conflict, Mysterio fools people with PR stunts that still don't really get people killed, but builds his reputation.) Both are problems that can't really be solved by punching, they represent problems inherent in society. Not sure where I was going, but :/

Holland has web shooters as well.

Also Tobey didn't murder Uncle Ben's killer. That guy tripped and fell out a window.

>he technically lost in fights against both of his main enemies

He defeated Electro and Green Goblin, even if Gwen died as collateral damage.

If you count Vulture as a win for Holland's Peter, Harry is definitely a win for Garfield's Peter.

Tobey
> Can take grenade blast to the face
>Stop a speeding train
> Can hold a Aerial tram with one hand
> Webbing can hold a giant ass clock hand which he also threw back at doc ock
So i'm gonna go with Tobey

Attached: 5310204-3260370714--bMYb.gif (400x208, 2.83M)

>He's also, by a large margin, the most intelligent of the three
No way, Holland is
lays out their intelligence perfectly

You're right on Garfield's spider-sense though.
That shit was fucking OP in his movies.
I wish Holland would get some of that, but the most we've seen was him knowing he was about to die in IW and then sensing the space ship when he was on the bus.

He's too easily distracted and he deliberately gimps himself because he can't handle the feedback from his senses. I think, or at least I'm hoping, that one of the ways future films might showcase his growth as a fighter is when he completely opens himself to all his senses and manages to really work with them.

I'm hoping for that too.
So far Holland's spider-man has seemed like he's a loose cannon with all this power, but just doesn't know how to focus it yet.
Homecoming kinda serves as evidence for that when he jailbreaks the suit, but I think that suit probably stopped him from exploring his natural abilities to the fullest.

Also remember how he never actually hits anyone in Homecoming. I think his own fear gimps him pretty bad. He REALLY doesn't want to hurt anyone.

>he never actually hits anyone in Homecoming
holy shit no way

It's true. He hits people with his webs, and there was that one time when he uses his webs to flick a gun a robber was holding so the stock hit him in the chin, but Spider-Man never lands a single strike on anyone in the whole of Homecoming.

fuck, then he must be strong as shit.
I don't remember him hitting anything directly Endgame either now that you mentions it, he just went instant kill mode and held the gauntlet while the waldoes did all the work

This, he was dead in the proverbial cradle

Attached: 0.jpg (421x545, 38K)

Holland confirmed for biggest pussy out of all three, would get flattened by any other from Spidey’s rogues gallery

He smacked Thanos a couple times directly in Infinity War and actually staggered him a bit.

Attached: 5ae37f314bb64f7d5a4c0e28d013f80d[1].gif (540x220, 1.14M)

The only one that Spider-Man ever hits directly with his own hands and feet is Thanos.

Tobey wins in strength by a country mile with the train feat.

yeah I was just thinking about that.
Holland's Pete is seriously strong then, because the only other characters to make Thanos feel anything were Tony, Thor, Hulk, and Cap.

Tobey's experience is an enormous advantage. He's been Spider-Man for at least twice as long as the other two.

I haven't seen enough of the other two to really say who's stronger but I think there's something to be said about the fact that Tobey's in his physical prime as someone in his mid 20s while the other two are still teenagers whose bodies haven't reached their full potential.

Garfield gets his hairdo mussed up and is immediately out of the fight trying to find a mirror and mousse to fix it

Also the least favorite can't win

No.
If you had any idea how much a loaded ferry weighs, you couldn't even pretend otherwise. Even just keeping those split halves from falling apart is a staggering amount of force.
The amount of force Spidey is using in homecoming is enough to shoot Maguire and the train he held back to jersey.

Well even when he was hitting Thanos, it was really all momentum. He never actually wound up a shot and punched him in the face.

>Even just keeping those split halves from falling apart is a staggering amount of force.
1. He failed miserably to do that.
2. That shit was webbed up to fuck and back in the first fucking place.
3. See points 1 and 2

Tobey literally pulled a runaway train to a stop on his god damn own. That's WAY more impressive than slowing down half a boat tipping over that's already being 99% held up by other shit.

Not even close.
The ferry is orders of magnitude more impressive.

See

He slowed an unpowered train gradually to a stop, they all have that ability

Holland stopped that axe thing at the opening of infinity war with little effort and very easily stopped a punch from winter soldier's metal arm single handedly

>they all have that ability
[citation needed]

Yes, but do you want Spider-Twink for his voice?

Attached: Best Peter is Best.gif (245x400, 1.98M)

Technically that's not strength, aside from holding on to the website in his hands,
It's mostly super durability from being ripped in half

It is not, and you don't understand force or how much force things actually generate
I'll give you that the train looks more impressive; but in terms of strength, it's not even kind of close.

Give citation
>citation needed

Honestly, it's closer than people think.

>Strength: Halland
While yes, Toby stopped a moving train going at high speed, held up the side of the warehouse, etc., Holland was strong enough to stagger Thanos (who made chump change out of the Hulk), Stopped a moving car instantly like it was nothing (Toby and Andrew struggled while doing similar stuff), lifted an entire roof off of him, held together 2 halves of a sinking ship, changed the flight direction of a rapidly falling plane, etc.

>Endurance/Durability: Tobey
Both Andrew and Holland were inconvenienced by sudden impacts and flesh wounds. Tobey is a tank.

>Intelligence: Holland
He invents his own gadgets and managed to jailbreak a suit designed by Tony Stark. He also seems to be able to make up plans on the fly.

>Skill: Tobey
I'm not sure with the exact dates, but I'm pretty sure Tobey has at least a few years on both Holand and Andrew, if not a decade.

>Abilities: 3-way tie, in slight favor of Tobey.
Tobey and Andrew's Spidey sense is kinda OP while Holand's still is needs special equipment to 'focus' his. But keep in mind, Tobey/Andrew's have been easily tricked before.

It's honestly a close match between Toby and Holland, with Andrew being taken out pretty early due to being inferior all around. Tobey has obvious advantages over Halland when it comes to endurance and skill, but if Holland manages to hang on he'll more than likely be able to out-smart him to pull off a victory.

This is also true of Maguire.

Spidey doesn't start pulling on the halves of the ferry until the other webs have already broken.

Tobey survived getting hit by a train at full speed and still got up and acted as if nothing happened. As well as a grenade to the face. He has the most experience out of any of them, and unlike the rest, he doesn't wisecrack or quip much at all, so he doesn't get distracted or waste his time talking. He takes his fights seriously and will even kill, if he has to.

It's really hard to gauge Holland because he tends to be really reluctant to use the full extent of his powers. He never hits anyone, he's scared of heights and most of the time, he seems content to just try to incapacitate opponents with his webbing. In spite of all the battles he's taken part in, he really doesn't "fight" a whole lot. Even his Spider Sense isn't allowed to shine because he deliberately tries to limit what he senses as much as possible.

I meant Maguire, but yeah, I guess Holland too

If spider senses don't work on clones, would they also not work on alternate inverse versions? Either way, Tobey stomps
>strongest
>most experience
>most durable
>most agile
>best quipper
He's the apex live action spider-man

>Holland reacted to his death more than everybody else because of his Spidey-Sense
Oh, shit.

Attached: 1548708797634.jpg (423x466, 26K)

How the he hell is Doc taking all those hits? Even if Spidey is holding back with his punches and kicks at the Doc, the projectiles he threw at him, as well as falling hundreds of feet from the sky, landing on moving train, would seriously injured or even kill a person that isn't superhuman like Spider-man. Those metal arms don't protect his entire body.

I'm sorry, are you comparing stopping a punch to stopping a train? Did you fail high school physics?

That ferry didn't weigh more than 3500 tons and Peter had it 98% webbed up with dozens of web lines which were still snapping under the weight. Given his weren't, he probably was supporting less than 70 tons. And even then his hands were slipping.
youtube.com/watch?v=ORrQKFliVLM

It's not fucking impressive.

>Quips
Back up, son. We don't want your lame puns

Holland
>Arguably the funniest, most likable
>Thirsty aunt may
Argument over

Plus, he's like in his 60s. Not only is he past his prime, he's probably never had a serious workout in his life.

Yeah, be was punched with a car and stopped it at point blank
And is that the second time you've used your high school physics line in the same thread?

Raimiverse is overpowered. Green Goblin is also ridiculously powerful.

Attached: ThirdOfficialArmadillo-size_restricted.gif (500x281, 3.29M)

unf can't deny that butt looks megafuckable
I wonder if it actually has been penetrated, he looks like a hetero goof (like launchpad)

Tobey and Holland take out Garfield pretty much immediately. He's the weakest of the spiders, and they both know it- anything less than teaming up to smear him across New York as fast as possible would just be a waste of time.

Once the runt of the litter is out of the way, they can get down to the real business. Tobey seems to be quite a bit more durable, and has years more experience fighting a wide variety of unusual opponents. Holland, on the other hand, has the edge in raw strength and speed, being probably the most comic-accurate spider currently put to film in terms of sheer agility.

Offhand, I'd have to say Tobey takes it. He's fought opponents that are stronger than him before and won because he has the endurance and durability to withstand the punishment they dish out. Even if Holland is faster (some of which Tobey could mitigate with his spider-sense), he seems like more of a glass cannon type- it would be an uphill battle for him trying to wear Tobey down, whereas Tobey would really only need to get in a couple of good shots to put Holland down.

>Yeah, be was punched with a car and stopped it at point blank
A fucking tree could do that. Congrats, you've proved Spider-man could tank a tree.

>Green Goblin is also ridiculously powerful.
Green Goblin is superhuman. Ock tanking punches is just bad writing.

I dunno. Holland has better webs. I mean, his suits have so many different web options that it'd be hard for Tobey to keep up.

Wow, trees
Trees are weak you guys

...did you fail high school physics?

Did you TAKE high school physics?

>could tank a tree

i-if a tree punched him? What?

>muh milf aunt
Reminder that this old lady smashed her umbrella into the face of a supervillain, risking her own life, to help Spider-Man
>argument over
embarrassing

Attached: 2A5A48FA00000578-3155274-Original_In_the_film_adaptations_starring_Tobey_Maguire_Spider_m-m-7_143646 (306x499, 40K)

Well, OP said "no Stark armor", I took that to mean "no gadgets/web configurations Peter didn't design for himself." If he had the benefit of those, he'd probably win.

I kinda found Aunt May to be really just sort of unlikable in these films, just as a character. I don't really have any opinion on the other two Mays, though.

It's been addressed in comics but Otto has always been taking hits that should've knocked him out. At least the Spider-Man TAS Otto was a built guy in a mostly armored costume.

Hey, take your shit somewhere else, don't latch on to me for your comic movie argument, alright

The point of wisecracking is to distract his enemies

Spidey>Groot confirmed!

Why? I always thought she was sweet

>smashed
but is she smashable?

That's pretty much how I see it; no matter how strong or fast you are, you can't decisively win a fight if the other person just keeps getting back up. The only thing keeping me from discounting Garfield completely is his OP spider-sense compared to the other two, since he might be able to evade for a while but not do much more than that.

You're an idiot.

A nyc subway train weighs 85,000 pounds a car. Usually 5 cars, but up to eight.
So 340 tons, tops. The section of track that is above ground is near the station, so they couldn't possibly have been going anywhere near top speed, even though Ock fucked the controls and they were accelerating.
The Staten island ferry carries as much as a quarter of that mass just in cars. Even with the slower speed. Even with the webbing all over. It's just orders of magnitude different. When you add the forces pulling apart of the boat due to it's motion, the arc of them falling apart and the rotation of the individual halves, the force is obscene. Even affecting it at all is a nigh-hulkish display.

Lastly, as
Pointed out, these are actually not strength feats, they're endurance feats. The webs did most of the work in both cases.
They both have very, very strong hands.

Don't forget Holland is using comic accurate web production, so Toby has the upper hand in pure production thanks to having bba continually producing supply.

>Tobey survived getting hit by a train at full speed
It was actually at TWICE full speed because he was on an oncoming train.

And he didn't get up. He weblined himself out of the indentation his ass made before he even hit the ground.

yes

I think you mean Spidey>Silver Surfer confirmed. That said, Silver Surfer jobs so much you'd think he has mindreading powers.

Attached: 3513825-2192900678-xauiq.jpg (950x1482, 230K)

New point
Who's ass game is more on-point?

I don't read Spiderman but I feel confident that they fuck this up at least semi regularly in the comics as well

See

His cosmic sense must tell him when to job

yes, butt what about

Attached: 46c462f55fcc628f7dea720b1f512b00.jpg (600x1145, 94K)

Even a Holland supporter like me can stand in awe of Maguire-Spidey's tankiness.

I Meant

That mass has to come from somewhere
Also, gross

The body has mass to spare, the cartridges are comparable to a USB thumb drive and the average trip to the bathroom... expells many times that

It might be a question of nutrient content though

and Captain Marvel

>Mcguire starts in the first big, blockbuster Spiderman movies people still remember today.
>Holland gets to start in the MCU films that have become a pop culture phenomenon

>Garfield starts in the middle-child movies everyone has already forgotten about.

Feel kinda bad for the dude.