They're back

does anyone care

Attached: WILDSTORM-WildCATS-UPDATED-1-676x1024.jpg (676x1024, 244K)

Considering it took several hours for someone to make a thread about the news; seemingly no

Also;
>Villabos

Ramon Villalobos is pretty gud man. I don't give a shit about Wildstorm but I'll check it out for the art

Nope.

I stopped caring about Wildstorm after nu52. To me, the whole line and all the characters are ruined, maybe irreparably.

>what if Quitely and Rafael Grampa had a child with fetal alcohol syndrome
Ramon sucks

I don't dislike him, but his style doesn't fit this comic.

Fucking finally.
>Villalobos
Damn it.

I don't mind him, I just meant Villabos isn't the kinda name to get people excited around here

Case in point;

>DC
Hell no

>Villalobos

Attached: DF6EBAE8-50A3-4156-AEF7-889078210DE5.jpg (680x680, 85K)

>Ellis
Of course I care you hater super faggot

Yeah, it might be-
>Ellis
No interest.

I read Grifter's Nu52 book.
Nathan Edmonson is a hack.

Why?

they literately closed the studio
Wildstorm is dead, DC killed it, Lee abandoned it and has no integrity

Lee is a bussinessman and a hack over all things.

>Lee...has no integrity
It took you twenty years to realize that?

Villabos is like Darrow but like without talent

I do but I'm not 100% feeling the reboot's version of things. Way, way too many changes and trying to cater to television rather than comics.

No one should care about off brand Titans

The Authority was really good, though.

Wake me up if Ellis decides to use Planetary characters ever again.

We will ever get another Authority book?

WildC.A.T.S. WildC.A.T.S.
WildC.A.T.S.
We're good against evil

WildC.A.T.S.
We've got invincible power

Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

The one and only WildC.A.T.S.

We're heroes, not zeroes
We got what they fear so
Here's the facts we got the power to the max
You know we're tough as nails
When all else fails call

WildC.A.T.S.
Nerves of steel
WildC.A.T.S.
Here's the deal
WildC.A.T.S.
You better watch out

Yeah

WildC.A.T.S.
We're good against evil

WildC.A.T.S.
We've got invincible power

Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

The one and only WildC.A.T.S.

Attached: 81rEF3+IHtL._RI_.jpg (1600x1200, 346K)

considering the quality of the wildstorm book, I doubt it

Do any of these characters still exist besides Grifter?

Where are the other two spin offs we were promised?

The guy with the claws but he is a totally different character now.

So my goal in life is to make a WildC.A.T.s vs Justice League comic/miniseries animation. With the original 90s team too, then adding some of the newer rosters. So it's treated like this takes place in their beginning and prime, but put up against the Justice League because of covert investigations dealing with Deamonites infiltrating the League.

Turns out Batman is Helspont. THEN they WildC.A.T.s want to kill Batman, thus killing Helspont but The League obviously doesn't want that to happen, it takes them a moment to even accept the truth anyways. So it's team vs team in the beginning and merges them together against the Daemnonites in the end.

It'd be a fun way of bringing back the old 90s cartoon and original team for a little second chance and introducing the classic characters to newer audiences.

Ellis wrote the only good Stormwatch and Authority comics

yeah 20 years ago

Newer versions of these characters lost their 90s edge

Except Grifter. He's still 90s as fuck.

>Ellis
eh, maybe
>Villalobos, Bonvillain
Oh no. No thank you. Please go away.

Tru.

Grifter is always good. I don't know how it's done but every single incarnation of him ever written has been "good"... Even Liefield's super hulk monster Grifter was good. He's always got the same character and same appeal.

His name is Cole Cash. Like cool cash, like Johnny Cash. He's just always, always cool and bad-ass. Even when he's not trying like in the new series. In the 00s he was drawn as Tyler Durden too. Grifter as a character seems to represent the rebel bad-boy all men wish they were. But I don't think any writer has realized this yet.

Cole a cute.

I really wish 2006 WC wasn't cancelled after one issue. Jim Lee's art on it looked great.

Attached: RCO020_w_1478318087.jpg (998x1547, 568K)

>Not Gen13
Why do I care

Bro that's what I'm talking about, you didn't even know who Cole was in that scene and then it was revealed later. Even when you don't know he's the character you're reading -- he's still cool and bad ass. It's meta. How does he do it?

Me, nigga. I've been waiting for this shit for a while

I dont recognze anyone on that cover apart from Grifter so no.

>Grifter and a bunch of folks I don't recognize.

Don't give a shit. They should have just beat Grant Morrison with a stick till he finished the run he started with Jim Lee

The last book sucked. Ellis has lost his touch.

Morrison fucking sucks

Who's your favorite writer?

Not true.
He is a plague on Wildstorm, he doesn't care about it and has no regard for any of the characters, only tourist non-fans like him.

>t. Millar

That's my big point. That's the problem with gender/race swaps of established characters, you literally can't tell who they are anymore. This isn't a movie and the roles are cast differently, it's art and people need to draw things that stick in the mind.

So they change the characters for divesity/tv points so much you can't even tell if it's the same character you've come to know and like and just drop the product all together.

Zack Snyder. I love his Batman.

Byrne and Miller

Edgelord.

says the Morrisonfag

Says the byrnefag

Man of Steel > ASS

Based user, calling out trash

>t. shit taste

They literally are not the same characters because it's a complete reboot. If your entire objection is that their design and skin color is wrong now and that's why you can't read the comic then you've got issues and biases that have nothing to do with the quality of the product

I'm not excited for this, even though I like Ellis. WC already reached their peak with Joe Casey. I doubt anyone can match it now. This sounds like a standard espionage stuff.

rather read a Kindred reboot

>If your entire objection is that their design and skin color is wrong now and that's why you can't read the comic then you've got issues and biases that have nothing to do with the quality of the product

I've read every issue of the comic. I've read pretty much every issue of Wildstorm too. So I'm expecting characters to have at least some kind of connection to the ones they are named after or supposed to be. But it's done in such a way that it becomes pointless to tell who's who. We've gotta multiple minority blob characters. Mutiple gay characters. Everyone is fucking gay. The artist is great in some ways but not doing a good job of distinguishing characters.

Spartan and Midnighter look exactly the same. They are both Barack Obama now. Because apparently black people only have one hair style.

>So I'm expecting characters to have at least some kind of connection to the ones they are named after or supposed to be
>But it's done in such a way that it becomes pointless to tell who's who.

How is Jack Hawksmoore fundamentally unrecognizable to his previous incarnation? Is he not the King of Cities still? Or whatabout Apollo? Or Midnighter? Or Bendix? It's a full reboot, things are superficially different while still holding onto their simplistic core concept. Cole Cash is still Grifter. Void is still weird and not particularly human teleporter. Angie is a cyborg tech woman. Jenny is the spunky up in your face leader type as an adult.

Who?

no, because Grifter is the only character anybody knows.

They can race-swap all they want, my objection is that the designs are extremely bland.

>no motherfucking TROLL
they don't know what the people want

Troll isn't Wildstorm, he's a Liefeld character

based Wildstorm fag

Ellis doesn't know what Wildstorm fans liked about Wildstorm

Attached: WSswim97-26.jpg (1573x1024, 427K)

That fucking outfit
muh dick

>more censored female costumes
no, I am good

>does anyone care
As far as ellis is writing, sure

The only good stuff to come out of Wildstorm was Sleeper, Astro City and Ex Machina. Fuck you, fight me.

Attached: 71vjAfgOGuL.jpg (842x1200, 186K)

How is the current Wildstorm comic by Ellis?

It's a slow burning, "grounded" post-modern take on the characters. It's fun if you're into that sort of thing where it slowly builds up to the conflict over the span of two years. If you expect it to be traditional, snap speed, high action thing, it's not for you.

So far I've read the first couple of issues of The Wild Storm and it was fantastic. Especially that one action scene with Grifter.

And I have a question about that: is his gimmick always that his action scenes are like edgy Grenadier/Trigun? Because if they are then I will definitely check this out and his older comics as well, but I wanna know if it was always like that or just new in The Wild Storm.

I mean, it's Ellis writing more of this stuff so 'ill check it out because TWS had the best worldbuilding of anything DC is publishing and this is more of that, so this will probably be awesome too. I just wanna' know if original Grifter is worth checking out.

boring tv pitch tryhard from a burnout who didn't improve on his sensibilities and style over the last 20 years and in fact regressed into even more immature form

>tv pitch
this makes no sense and also isn't an argument

Yes. They haven't finished The Wild Stom yet though have they?

wild storm finishes in July with #24

Good luck with that, man.
I myself love the 80's/90's vibe.
So a little bit of that brought out for this generation/crossover is more than appreciated

Awesome.
So I haven't missed #23, right? That'd be out in June?

Not that user, but it makes some sense. Ellis and Hitch created the Authority comics in a way that gave them a cinematic feel, which became much more popular when Millar and Hitch did the same thing with the Ultimates. Now there's lots of comics written to be the length of your average Hollywood movie. In other words, some creators use the medium as little more than a storyboard.

But not all comics can be made into movies. Think of The Boys, and how they obviously will make changes for the TV show adaptation. Now imagine if Garth Ennis wrote the series to be easier to adapt by giving everyone costumes that would be look better in live action, or paced the comic so the big action scenes would be at just the right time for your average 45 minute episode of TV.

Maybe it isn't a good argument to call the comic bad, but I wouldn't say it's nonsense.

They ruined Voodoo tho.

>No Planetary
>No Automatic Kafka
Fag

I had never heard of Automatic Kafka, it looks great, I'm gonna check it out.
As for Planetary it isn't bad but a lot of it relies on mistery, piecing the whole story bit by bit, which isn't what I prefer in my fiction, it's the same reason why I didn't really enjoy 100 Bullets. A friend of mine absolutely loves that kind of stuff though, I think he'll like Planetary.

If there was something I alwasy liked about Wildstorm is that it always had the best artist, but seeing Villalobos will be doing interiors for this and how bad was the Michael Cray artist I am not having too much hopes about this reboot.

This
I don't know why Ellis, DiDio or Lee thought discount Frank Quitely was a good choice.

Is this Cartoon decent enough to watch today?

Winter Men

Still Hurts.

>Who's your favorite writer?
>Zack Snyder

Attached: 1438808265614.jpg (454x248, 38K)

You liked MoS.
Based,

Where are the non-Grifter members?
Grifter was only cool because he was the one fairly normal gun using guy in a super team full of weirdos now he is the weirdest looking one.
This looks dull as fuck.

Is there a Mega of this sereis somewhere?
I have never been able to find a torrent.

The guy with the suit is supposed to be Spartan. Girl in back is Void, I think.

Who is he cool girl with glasses?

>The guy with the suit is supposed to be Spartan
What?
Why would Spartan need a gun?
>Girl in back is Void
Yeah that makes sense. I just kind of glanced at the art and took her some kind of Silver Sable thing.

bump

Editorial won't let you kill Batman.

But Ellis Wild Storm takes pretty much the opposite approach that all the New 52 stuff did

still sucks ass

Just one try

Millars run was better.

Also his Stormwatch wasnt trash like all other runs but it was dull even for him.

It's pointless to fight you. It's obvious you've read 1% of Wildstorm.

Jesus christ, it's Savant. Read the fucking comic this thread is a spin off of.

>like all other runs
Casual.

It wasn’t decent to watch when it aired

>Reading a Wildcats comic after 1999
No.

Casey's Wildcats was pretty good.

Attached: RCO021_1471835802.jpg (1041x1600, 450K)

Ackshually, Astro City started at Image

Daily reminder that Garth Ennis is a worthless cuck.

Are you getting Garth Ennis and Warren Ellis mixed up here, or do you hate Ennis so much that you're bringing it up in a thread which has nothing to do with him?
Just asking because I've seen someone mix the two of them before.

Ellis can be OK, like Hitman.

That's Ennis.

>Just asking because I've seen someone mix the two of them before.
It's probably the same person making those posts.

tbf I mix up Gillen and Giffen sometimes so Ellis/Ennis or even Miller/Millar isn't that bad

nah its not gay enough

Attached: jeroensexywalk.png (430x760, 718K)

user... Wildstorm also started at Image

Can you blame somebody for not wanting to read a comic that bastardizes familiar characters for the sake of an ego stroke?

fucking jim lee just couldnt let it go

EXTREME IMAGE 90S COMICS!!!!!

jim lee was a creator if it and also is a publisher at DC...really gets the joggin noggin

WildCATS
What if a bunch of street level Spider-man villains were actually SHIELD agents in the 70s and now some of them are a team. Magic. Havok. Punisher/PurpleSniperCharacter. Shrinking Smart Hulk. Lady Deathsrtike. etc.
Stormwatch. What if X-men took over Asteroid M and turned it into SWORD 20 YEARS BEFORE agent Brand debut in Astonishing.
The Authority What if Scott put together his eXtinction team right after that.
Planetary: What if She Hulk, you known what idk.

>wish 2006 WC wasn't cancelled after one issue.
Blame Grant Morrison's butthurt for that.

>Wanting a Gen13 reboot
>In 2019

Look at how they've changed the WildCATs cast, and be very careful what you wish for.

I just want them to collect old comics

What about now?

Attached: midnighter_apollo.png (386x500, 94K)

What happened?

He didn't like the reviews it got, got pissed,so he quit.

>His name is Cole Cash. Like cool cash
His name is Cole Cash.
Cole like Cold.
Cold Hard Cash.
He's a mercenary.
He shoots people for money.
That's it.
That's the joke.

His brother's name is Max.

I got banned from the DC forums for calling him bad things

>What if a bunch of X-Men characters were actually SHIELD agents in the 70s and now some of them are a team.
I'm a 90's Imagefag, did they ditch the whole Angelic Autobots vs. Demonic Decepticons covert space war premise?

What about Gen 13?

You left out the most important component, mystery box conspiracies nestled into one another like Russian dolls. The discovery of each one holding the plot at bay until the inevitable cancellation.

What if Generation X was made for 13 year old boys instead of 12 year old boys

Was Wildstorm good?
I've only read Authority.

The fat English bastard.