F

Why didn't you fuckers save it?!

Attached: The Tick.png (540x710, 543K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aKJd3VX50kw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

we had a days notice

It was always meant to be an animation.

Watched the first season but got so fed up with all the woke SJW far Left politics and DRRRRRUUUUUMPF bullshit that I dropped it and never looked back. Not a show worth saving, OP. Sorry.

>live action
kek

I never wanted it to be live action to begin with.

The Patrick Warburton Tick is kino.

>The Tick
>Trying to take itself serious as some sort of dark and brooding self-important narrative (and not being ironic about it)

Not Muh Tick.

This. This is why the cartoon and the 00's version were the best.

I never bothered to watch the second season but the first just wasn't that good.

This show is the worst incarnation of Tick

It didn't have a good supporting cast for Tick and Arthur to play off of. The 90s cartoon had a kino cast of supporting heroes and villains, all original and not from the comics. The Patrick Warburton live-action series was savvy enough to know that those characters were important, even if they didn't have the rights to them, and created legally distinct doppelgangers (Batmanuel for Die Fledermaus, Lady Liberty for American Maid).

This live-action Tick series didn't even try. Tick and Arthur on their own cannot carry a series.

Sorry OP, this is a n*tflix board

You didn't even watch the show, did you? Most of the second season was the Tick and Arthur babysitting singing lobsters while Arthur's sister was taking down criminals who were hypnotizing people into thinking they're furniture.

It sucked and was SJW as fuck

That Joshua guy was pretty based. Shame about the thread.

Did the plane who transitioned into a boat trigger you?

I watched both seasons and recommended it, but it still wasn't enough.

Honest to god, didn't notice single trump joke or SJW shit

what exactly are you talking about?

Go to see a movie: DRUUUUUMPF!
Pick up a comic book: DRUUUUUMPF!
Listen to the radio: DRUUUUMPF!
Watch TV: DRUUUUMPF!
Check the news: DRUUUUMPF!

It's just so fucking suffocating, whether to hate Donald Trump or not. The Tick was just another DRUUUUUMPF show and we are absolutely overburdened with that shit in every single solitary media outlet. The oversaturation of the same message and joke in everything made it obnoxious instead of topical. Maybe if the Tick had focused more on being funny, telling imaginative stories, and just being a good show instead of parroting the same DRUUUUMPF message you can hear on all 4 major Late Night talk shows plus cable news, it might have been something special.

The show literally makes fun of dark and brooding setting with the character of Overkill and Edgelord

Explain to me how a gay boat AI with PTSD, singing lobsters and a villain flying a giant ship shaped like the Letter "T" is brooding

worst version of the Tick ever. Fuck it

I'll echo , what in the fuck are you talking about? Can you name actual examples from the show?

Amazon clearly didn't give a shit, they weren't advertising it at all. I feel sorry for Edlund here, he thought he got a sweet deal during the content creation bubble and Amazon started backing off the endless content game first.

The Amazon Tick was canceled?! What, why? It was hecka good. I've talked to a good 10 people who watched both seasons and loved it, including my very normal parents and my neighbors. Superheroes are big enough now that it appeals to a general audience. Why did it get the can?

It was a great fun show, but it's a miracle it even got a first season, since The Tick in general just doesn't have much mainstream appeal.

what said, really
Tick isn't big enough to hold a show without some publicity

How could we have saved it, I have Amazon Prime, I watched it, what more could I do.

Because I don't give a shit about Amazon shows, or any streaming only series for that matter.

Now we'll never follow the whirlwind bureacratic romance of Arthur and the twins. At least this means Miss Lint won in the end and got her happy ending.

Never going to find out about eldritch god living in black-hole heart of ty's

Never going to see superian get rekt by cosmo police or what the terror meant by Getting the world back
Fuck im sad

Please seek help

I mean nobody expected this to last longer than this, if you're not yet another HBO-style drama you have zero chance of success on streaming services and even those have a hard time since they're a dime a dozen.
Nobody wants to watch something fun and entertaining on TV, which is odd since that's all everybody seems to want to watch in movie theaters

Whaaaa.. I watched the first season and didn't pick up on that AT ALL. What specifically are you referring to? It may all be in your head, unless you're referring to something after season 1.

Maybe we can get Netflix to pick it up? Seems like it'd fit in a lot more there, and probably reach a larger audience.

Why are trumpfags such outraged sissies? No other President's supporters acted like that. Have you SEEN how Dubya was laughed at? Holy shit, and they whine even at the slightest references to Trump or his campaign slogans.

Yea Forums is just shitposting because The Tick made a thread yesterday. Ignore the faggots.

Because you deleted the fucking thread with the actor asking us to help save it.

Hi I'm a LARPing faggot. Ask me anything

But that wasn't the Tick.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Attached: 1555710200840.jpg (413x449, 23K)

I have a question!
Are these the same person?

Highly likely, yes.

>"I'm sorry to say Amazon has chosen not to proceed with The Tick," Edlund wrote. "I'm not sorry to say I love this show, its cast, its story and its message. Destiny commands that my compatriots and I now seek a new home for this series."
Do you believe in her, Yea Forums? Will Destiny prevail?

If she wishes it, yes

I hope she does

GET WOKE GO BROKE

I loved both seasons and I liked that he said SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON. How was I supposed to save it? I already paid for Prime. Was I supposed to buy the DVDs?

This. Hollywood needs to fuck off with their degenration of all art into "Put Good Looking Person in Cheap Costume=Profit"... Animation and comics need to survive without Hollywood.

Settle down, Beavis.

probably the same one that posted and too?

Kind of a hard sell but I hope so.

I wasn't about to pay for Prime to watch one show.

Attached: 93777A26-C43E-46F2-A3A0-D18D2A34E1AF.jpg (600x450, 55K)

Goddammit this is all Frank's fault for coming to Yea Forums and getting banned from here and Yea Forums. Should have just left it to Edgelord. Fucking Henches shouldn't try to make plans. If they could think for themselves they wouldn't be henching.

Excuse you, I purchased the First Season on ITunes

They haven’t even released dvds yet, which is a shame, that probably could have get the word out for it

The Tick is something that everyone insists is good until you see and realize it's at best kind of okay but not great so it gets cancelled, goes away for a few years, comes back again and the cycle repeats.

I mean that’s your opinion, all three media adaptions have genuinely been great.

It's got to hurt to Frank that Edgelord, as Miss Lint's designated sidekick, outranks him. Or is that just a hero thing? Do villainous sidekicks exist?

Eh it's Amazon, maybe YouTube or Netflix will pick it up.

Good that we got a couple of seasons. Hope we get more somewhere.

Does Amazon even put out physical media releases?

>Why didn't you fuckers save it?!

Because it wasn't very good.

Amazon promotes shows for shit. And now that Bezos is only half as rich as he way guess there isn't enough to keep things going.

did Yea Forums ban him?

>Tick and Arthur on their own cannot carry a series.
This. Half the fun was the fact that Tick is probably one of the more socially well adjusted heros out there in this parody universe

Probably. There was a thread about the threads last night, then it got deleted too.

I don’t think so, but I really don’t know. I could swear I saw a dvd of one of their shows before

Fuck, it was one of the best Cape shows out there

Uh, Ben Edlund's one of us. He's good pals with Doug TenNapel.
WHAT THE FUCK the last season was amazing. didn't it do well?
Also what is that, the pilot costume? it doesn't look familiar.
only the pilot did that. the rest of it was fantastically balanced and a parody of overly dark modern hero films

that's because they were giving them time to act on their own
the most recent season started doing that. Bronze Star was cool, elastic-whatever guy the lawyer was a total boss, the cutie scientist at AEGIS was fun, roboeyes and dangerboat are excellent..

anyone with a third of a brain would jump on this
it won massive votes from the pilot alone, when amazon was like vote for what you want to see next

Mods are fucking worthless

Attached: stupid mods.png (674x490, 62K)

Season 2 was pretty weak. Lame villain. Dragged out plot, not enough superheroing

>Do villainous sidekicks exist?
are you kidding? The Tick gave us some of the best ones
Remember the Breadmaster and his sidekick Buttery Pat?

I thought it was bloobalooby. It's weird following this long, continuous plot in The Tick of all places, but it makes their world seem even more real.
I was really expecting them to be (and maybe they still are) setting up Chairface given that they had a guy working on making human furniture, and talked about how the guy Overkill saw die only lost his head but the rest of him was okay,..

Still exist would have been better phrasing. It's just not really something you see anymore. More obscure than that user who posts about young boy wards to sexy female heroines.

We don't really see anything anymore, and that isn't one user, that's a huge.. like, subculture. Those are great threads, the ones on /trash/ were even better.

Mods work for The Terror. This is truthfact.

You could've at least tried to make this look like it wasn't just a bait sentence that you paste in random threads.

oh god i forgot about the Terror. best villain in a long time. I love that bit with the soda company

mods thought he was a larper the whole time then huh?

Honestly, I wish the series had more of THE TICK in it. He kind of played second fiddle to everyone else in his own story. He should've been the driving force behind everything instead of what felt like glorified comic relief.

I get why people like the tick in all its iterations
It's just not for me
Maybe I'll get into it later in life, just not right now

He was the driving force, chum. It's just a rear-engine car. That leaves you more room for putting groceries in the trunk in front!
Every character who meets him learns something new about destiny and shit. He's the Mary goddamn Poppins Arnold Shortman of the show. But Not-Nick-Fury was also right about Arthur being his Jiminy Cricket. Not that he needs a conscience, but he's just a big innocent engine of destruction, so the Pinocchio comparison is even better. At least in the Disney version. Pinocchio didnt do anything malicious, he was just fucking stupid because he was a babe in the woods. same deal. Arthur's got such a great role this time around, working as the brains and the logistics.

So how long before Netflix takes it in?

Every version of The Tick is different with only four key elements that are consistent throughout:

>The Tick is a justice-loving strongman goofball
>Arthur is a shy little man and wannabe hero
>The Tick and Arthur are friends
>The Tick will always break a piece of Arthur's furniture looking for his "secret base" when he first brings him back to the apartment

Otherwise, each iteration has a slightly different tone. The comic is for a slightly older audience and pokes fun at a lot of comic shit at the time. The cartoon is very kid-oriented Saturday morning cartoon. The Patrick Warburton show is like a light-hearted sitcom. The Amazon show is a more dark comedy show with a narrative that you're supposed to binge-watch.

Depends. Umbrella Academy has done well for them so I'd say it has a chance.

I liked how they made arthur reluctant to become a superhero this time, then in season 2 he embraces it, does the scene with the boss at his boring regular job, all of that was like twice as delicious on a delay instead of being the start to the show.

It probably does not help that most people forget that Amazon even has a streaming service, fuck I bet half the people with Prime don't even know they can stream shit with it.

Yea that second season opener was very close to the cartoon opening. Cept in that Arthur was just wearing the costume.

I guess what I wanted to say more is that I wish The Tick had a lot more dialogue. It felt like there were quite a number of scenes where he was silent.

Yep it's not even well promoted by anything nor have they ever put any ads to show prime video.

Heck YouTube has done more to promote theirs.

They should've called it the DOT show first season.
And second season that lobster shit was so FUCKING boring.

It should've been tick constantly fighting new enemies every episode that whole one villain-per- season-thing was wack

The little tweaks in the name of realism feel like.... just a gentle shaming of big budget cape films that ruin everything in THEIR pursuit of what they think of as realism
like of course this version of Arthur's not going to wear his costume to work, but he is going to bring it with him
and he's not quite as clueless, but it's also a very different setting, and he still has that "are you serious" feeling when he goes in to work after becoming famous in the news and when the building is barely functional

>I wish the series had more of THE TICK in it

THIS FUCKING THIS

something's wrong with you
true something's wrong with the grrl power sorts who need to hamfistedly shove major involvement by female characters into everything, but Dot feels like a real sister now. She feels and acts just like my sister. She has some quirks, and anyway the old Dot would be an anchronism now, there's no secretary-from-ghostbusters or patty-and-selma types around anymore.

I liked her coming to terms with her own powers and I'd like to see how that could develop. Hope Netflix goes for it.

It is odd though how to me it was obvious she's just gotten slight rewind powers, but everyone's acting like it's precognition. Sure that makes more sense, but that's less what was hinted at the first time we saw her using it

FUCK! i just binged the tick after finding out this new show existed like a week ago! now it's gone?! it was fucking great while it lasted...

that's happened to me so many times
I'm sure it'll find a new home..

I love that in season 2 I swear they had a commercial for Brown Tingle Cola that is now Terror Free™ and what sounded like they still had the original Brown Tingle Classic presumably still with a drop of The Terror's piss.

theres a big #SaveTheTick campaign going on right now. one of the actors even came here briefly

I still miss Ash vs Evil Dead, but I think after cancellation Bruce Campbell was just as happy to retire the character and not fight to find a new home for the show.

Oh that would be a riot.

Then someone tries to break him out because they need the "secret formula"

Mods are fucking idiots that only allow shit they like or containment for general/reoccurring threads.

there's so much shit you can miss. Of course that's nothing new for this franchise
not the way I'd like to win, but any port in a storm I guess.
was that good? It didn't... I couldn't see how it could be good.

Attached: the tick personals.jpg (1269x1600, 516K)

>was that good? It didn't... I couldn't see how it could be good.

If you ever saw the movies (beyond the remake) and didn't think it could be good then shame on you, user. You deserve to go up the butt (needless to say the following scene is NSFW or really anywhere, especially if your mom is in the same room. Seriously, user, move out. It's time.).

(I'm not kidding about this scene. If you want to see undead morgue antics with dead guy wang, have at it.)

youtube.com/watch?v=aKJd3VX50kw

It's not that I didn't have faith in the movies, silly billy. I didn't have faith in TV, or things being brought back after decades. and one brief scene I saw wasn't too special
>that scene
okay that's the best thing I"ve ever seen. I'm instantly sold. Did Raimi actually work on this or is it just an amazing facsimile?

>one ad is a heartless baboon while another says they have a baboon heart
It's the little things like that that make me chuckle.

Hell yeah, and brought the usual gang of losers. Ted Raimi, Lucy Lawless. I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting off the top of my head. Added some interesting new lore, touched on a lot of the old lore, and was general a gift as long as it lasted. I had my own misgivings but since it was STARZ service instead of usual TV they could use all the nudity and gore and harsh language they wanted. One reason finding it a new home was never going to be easy. Still the whole series is on Netflix now.

Never did hear back from that user who was going to mix up a batch of Pink Fuck. Bastard probably died.

Attached: DjJCWM6UwAAoMG1.jpg (480x480, 22K)

fuck me, why did I hear nothing but ambivalence about it, then? Not that pubic opinion's worth an owl's tail, but

Fuck, someone send that to babish

I gave it a shot. Thought it was really boring. Also this SJW from my office was obsessed with it, so I didn't even bother with the second season.

Shut the fuck up leftie. The fact that the costume is colored blue (which is he same as Tumblr) is a massive red flag that this is brainwashing propaganda

Imagine RPing this hard in a Tick thread of all places

Blue costume?

Not the LBGTQPRSTTLBNMBBLB boat that has to remind the audience that it is transgender gay every single episode?
Or the openly gay sidekick?
Or the GRRRRLLLLLLL PWAH! YAAAAASSSSS electro bitch
Or the other GRRRRLLLL PWAAAHH YAAAASSSSSS sister
Or the Big Brother is actually watching out for you and helping you "positive" spin they shove into the viewer's face?

Fuck, and it was just setting up what would probably be a great season 3 too. Hell, we probably would have gotten Chairface at the rate things were progressing.

>And yet another progressive woke series ends in miserable failure.

I am shocked, shocked I tell you...

No they're not. They're largely boring and unremarkable.

My only problem with Ash Vs. Evil Dead is that the third season was a bit boring set-wise and the fact they teased a Mad Max-esque Ash season that we will never ever get. Fuck, I'm still mad.

reminder that these falseflaggers are lefties trying to make us look bad

Both of you faggots cram it. Or in all likelihood, the single shitposter responding to themselves can kindly fuck off.

sadly the one thing they successfully accomplish is proving that we're kinda bad at recognizing that shit because we fall for it so easily.

No, I'm the quote in the middle, this guy.

Are you sure they aren't just bored shitposters?

same thing.

You want me to fuck you?

weak bait

Every Tick show is unceremoniously cancelled. This is fate, I guess.

the original cartoon made it pretty far, was it canceled unduly?

It got 36 episodes and changed networks to show the finale. The standard for cartoons in the 90s was 52 episodes. Yeah, it got canned.

The ads made it look horrible

>changed networks to show the finale
that has never happened in history. what the hell

The final episode premiered on Comedy Central. They used to run the cartoon during the late 90s.

Maybe if it was on a service people actually fucking used we could have had more.

Season 1 was good but Season 2 was crap. The fucking lobster storyline should have been a SINGLE EPISODE and not stretched across the entire season. Its clear they had no idea what to do going into Season 2, the budget was probably slashed to hell too as everything looked even cheaper than the first season.

Kinda reminds me of the Walking Dead season 2. Stretching the storylines way farther than they should while reducing the budget. I liked the show but it only got shittier over time. Its for the best the Tick gets cancelled, it can only go downhill from here.

Amazon's got a billion dollars to invest in LOTR, but they can't throw a few cents The Tick's way? This is bullshit.

comedy central existed back then? was it not viacom yet? did viacom just not hate fox that much back then? I know rivalries were looser back then and fox and WB had a surprising amount of crossover of properties

I disagree on every single thing you said. i don't know how anyone can think the budget looked lower, or that they looked less like they had a solid plan

They couldn't even afford a full costume for the lobster monster.

Well it was one of many that the President of Fox Kids took a chance on Margaret Loesch. Damn I wish she was still in the bussiness.

Sounds like an Orville situation.

It's good it's got that Venture Bros feel to the writing with many of the jokes feeling similar due to Jackson working on the animated series and the Fox series years ago.

Comedy Central sort of just bought properties that FOX didn't want anymore for syndication purposes. The Tick did not sell toy and thus it was a failed advertisement.

Hope Netflix gives it a chance. They could use some new comic stuff since they've canned all the Marvel material.

Exactly. Say what you want about Trump, the man's got a rockin' pair of tits on him.

Yea Forums doesn't save things, they bitch about them before, during, and after they happen.

All i could remember was some office guy talking to arthur about fake news media during season 1.

riiiight..

wait what?

That was it. And if you reach the Alex Jones type dude on their Superhero ESPN equivalent.

Him and Superion were some of the best stuff in season 2.

I wanted to see how far he'd crack.

One of the actors tried to do an AMA on both Yea Forums and Yea Forums yesterday to drum up support for a third season. The Yea Forums thread went okay, but the Yea Forums thread delved into shitposting and mods deleted the threads, giving him a global ban for "LARPing".

Dude that played Frank the henchman did a AMA on Reddit yesterday and then tried to get something going here.

Yea Forums acted like Yea Forums so you can guess how that went.

>"LARPing"
Oh great now I would have loved an episode of The Tick where they had to deal with people calling them LARPers. Probably too close to Arthur's stigma of being too normie anyway.

Tick and Arthur have to make their way to one of the big Metropolis all they see are the A list heros and everyone just considers them to be posers

>victim and prosecution complex

So what can we do to help get a season 3? Shows have been uncancelled before and other networks may want it.

they're already in THE CITY i mean..

They put trashbags over its legs

looked like normal lobsterhuman legs to me
The only part that bothers me is they continued calling it lobstercules after finding out it can talk, and never like, asked her real name

No

Attached: Amazing Lobster Legs.jpg (524x641, 33K)

oh that's right, she's wearing pants
sometimes people wear pants.

The Tick comics have always had a huge stake in nihilism and existentialism. You have no idea what you're talking about.

yeah the comics were a fucking trip. The new show actually has a lot in common. Had, I guess.

Trashbags

Look at Mr Fancy here, trash bag pants are too good for him. He probably wears clothes made of some kinda fabricated material

This show was the closest they've ever been to the original run of the comics, and not the Karma Tornado stories. It was fantastic in the first season, the second season sort of lost the punch.

Live action Freakazoid when?

I really don't think that's possible to pull off, but...

I think Freakazoid is more specific to a time period.
Just think about his origin. Got sucked into the internet, and became a crazy super-powered embodiment of it. Now think about today's internet, and try to mesh the two concepts.

how great would a period show be

>Got sucked into the internet, and became a crazy super-powered embodiment of it. Now think about today's internet, and try to mesh the two concepts.

It's actually a great concept because Freakazoid back then was just a fun freak and Freakazoid now would a be a literal God and one of the most powerful beings in existence.

This insane creature has access to all the information we put online, it knows everyone, it knows everything, it references everything. It can recite all the words to all the movies because they're all uploaded online.

Freakazoid in today's world would be freaky over powered and insane. The government would be trying everything they can to shut down the Freak.

He was banned for advertising...

Makes sense. The only good part was the Tick himself, who was ironically heavily underused. Arthur, his sister, Overkill, the tranny boat, they were pretty dull and I never cared about them. They should have made the Tick the protagonist instead of focusing on Arthur so much.

that's not fun and that's not freakazoid

I love that they expanded Arthur's character, am glad he is a better character than before, and I don't think it diminishes The Tick's role at all. All the Tick really has to do is act heroic and dumb, and say something funny. There's no point in having them both be simple, one-dimensional characters.

I will say that with them having incorporated Arthur's entire family into his crime fighting world by the end of season 2, I was a little worried with where things might be going in the next season, but I guess I don't have to worry about that anymore now do I?

your opinion is wrong and your face probably smells.
no but seriously serafinowicz's tick is subtly great but he would get stale if he was yammering nonstop.
I love that they got based Townsend Coleman in for a voice. I wonder if Rob Paulsen will make a guest appearance. He's starting to look like the Terror, poor guy.

The Tick should be a protagonist like Goku. Somebody simple and doesn't change himself but inflicts changes upon others. Arthur went WAY too hard on the weak nerd bit, to the extent he was completely unrelatable instead of the everyman he was meant to be. For every neat moment he had ten where he was insufferable.

Turning the comic relief clueless asian foot doctor stepdad into a hidden badass was a brilliant move and pulled off fantastically. By the time the truth came out, I had forgotten what he did while blindfolded at the end of season 1

It's like you never understood what the Tick was about at all. Or Goku for that matter.

But Arther here is less of a weak nerd than I was expecting. Often, being reluctant and nervous is all the character has.
Now he is more in his element in the super-world. Even while fan-boying his way through it, he helps establish the hero connections that he and Tick make, and helps plan.
I was expecting the undercover scene to a painful cringe moment I'd have to force myself through with Arthur bumbling through role, and then he actually gets through it rather competently, only failing due to outside forces. They even give him that solo fight against a badguy.

I watched the pilot for it a couple of years ago and I wasn't all that impressed. I liked the Patrick Warburton version better.

Yeah he has a Midoriya Izuku quality to him that's just fucking Italian chef kissing fingers perfect. It works so well in the show in so many ways and for so many reasons. He's the dork the world needs right now.

Give the rest of the show a shot. They ease up on a few of the pilot's issues, such as the intense darkness and the shitty original suit.
God, the way they work in the suit change... I love this show. I kept just pausing to say how much I love it, as I watched. It was probably STUPID expensive for Amazon though.

Didn't know that larping was advertising....

Not enough of ms lint in season 2 So fuck them.

Well they got a tax break filming in New York.

Least until Amazon was chased out of New York.

Bet that was a factor. That and Edlund takes a long time to perfection of his work. We'd be lucky to have another season by fall 2020 with him.

Never watched TV and I have a growing disdain for superhero tv shows. They're always dragged out sometimes.

If they had any more of her, they'd have to rename the show.

you shut your whore mouth, Overkill is amazing

I can't take Peter Seranfinowicz's American accent seriously so it was unwatchable, same problem with Hugh Laurie and House.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

His tits are saggy are as saggy as his face now Taft, that man had immaculate knockers

get woke
go broke
get cancelled