Doom Patrol

Is anybody still watching this show? I haven't seen the most recent episode yet but I'll watch it just for Flex Mentallo, but I'm kind of disappointed with how ultimately bland it is. Maybe I've just been spoiled by the comics and I was expecting too much, but anything they took from the Grant Morrison run has been watered down and everything original is just kind of uninspired.

Like I appreciate gay Negative Man and how sensitively they're handling that take of the character but poor Larry is barely ever a part of the actual narrative, same with Rita but worse since she gets even less screentime and less useful abilities. And I fucking hate how Cyborg is the focus of so much of the story, he shouldn't even be a member.

Ultimately, I've given up on expecting anything truly creative and weird from showrunners who think "walking butts who eat people lololol" is clever.

Attached: doompatrol.jpg (677x1000, 165K)

the guy playing flex is great

>I've given up on expecting anything truly creative and weird
You didn't like the manic street preacher cockroach?

That was... pretty funny, I guess? But much like the rest of the show it felt like a light sprinkling of weirdness on top of a conventional (if more character-driven) superhero show. Much like how they changed Mr. Nobody from a dadaist mastermind into... omnipotent evil Ambush Bug.

your the only person i have seen saying this show is bad therefore you are a fucking contrarian and should kill yourself

Nobody cares about this shit.

Fuck off Ladderbro

Based

He probably won't show up until the second season, but how do you think they'll handle Ultimax/The Brain in the show? I noticed one strange parallel between the chief and the brain. Both of them have lovers that is considered taboo. The chief from the tv show is in love with a canadian cavewoman, while the comicbook version of the brain is in love with a talking gorilla. This could turn out to be nothing, but with the way the show is playing out, I wouldn't be surprised if Niles turns out to be a son, clone, or someone that is related to the brain. Mr. Nobody is already a bit different from his comicbook counterpart, so they might do something different for Ultimax as well.

Attached: Brain_007.jpg (250x299, 20K)

Got bored and stopped halfway through ep 3. Just couldn't care.

Of all the DC shows to get incredibly successful, I did not picture DP being one of them.
That said, the show is pretty good if you’re looking for a more lighthearted superhero show.

Meme Patrol is bad

I don't even think it's "bad". It's just... not really succeeding at anything it's trying to do?

The show is surprisingly good.

Cry more, fuck face.

Attached: AndTheAwardGoesTo....gif (434x320, 3.17M)

ITT: All of the wrongest people on the internet trying to convince each other that they're not the wrongest people on the internet.

I dropped it after 3 because, as you said, it was just so damn bland. Watched the last episode for Flex but he was awful.

>And I fucking hate how Cyborg is the focus of so much of the story, he shouldn't even be a member.
I would agree but then I realized they decided to use him instead of Beast Boy. Beast Boy would ruin the entire show.

Watched up until 12 guess why? and I've been loving it. Diane Guerrero has some big ol' titties. That punk scene? Damn.

You stopped at 12 because you thought your dick would explode from seeing Flex in all his glory?

I enjoyed it at first, but it's wearing on me now. I'll stick around to see if we ever get Yankee Doodle or some equivalent of the Brotherhood of Dada/Evil, but honestly I feel no more enthused at this point than I did about Gotham.

the end of episode 13 was kino and this show is tones of fun

Attached: 1540335414559.png (836x1335, 1.07M)

mine did, can confirm its dangerous

>waited to see Flex hijinks
>got Flex feels instead
Fuck. He doesn't deserve this

Attached: 1551743028365.jpg (628x581, 30K)

Speaking of DC shows no one gives a fuck about on a dead streaming service no one wants here's your Madame Xanadu bro

Attached: D6uCA1kXYAECaJN.jpg (1000x1000, 156K)

It's rather weak, what episode is it on

For anyone who actually cares, this show is amazing. Out of all the constant shit handed out to us comic fans, this is a gem in a big pile of dookie.

The only reason I want to see the Brotherhood of Dada for is the Quiz. The rest are pretty forgettable.

Best show of 2019 easily

>there's people in this thread genuinly not enjoying this show
world full of wrong

Attached: Syrup Patrol.webm (1280x720, 1.14M)

im on episode 8. therapy patrol was good, i enjoyed it. its loads better than the cw DC shows and titans. sometimes it gets too weird, but you just gotta roll with it, ironically though, the negative man isnt as weird as he is in grant morrisons run. i cant tell if thats good or bad.

im just ready for swampKINO.

Poor Flex. He just wanted to watch his shows.

I'm really hoping that Larry's acceptance of his homosexuality arc is just the beginning. Then we get to Rebis who's straight besides also being a black woman, making the dualities even weirder.

this is the greatest super hero show in a decade go fuck yousrself

place where i watch it only has up to 12 haven't checked back, though

I like how much of a downer it all is. Morrison was mentioned, in thread and in the show, should I read his run? Is it also a big ass bummer like the show?
I also love Cyborg, because this how you write him going off solo, not being a TT, or even JL.

I love this fucking gif

This show is cool beans

>ultimately how bland it is
Stopped reading at this point. The CW shit is bland. Most of the animated movies are bland. Doom Patrol has been far better than expected (and after Titans, I expected very little). Yeah, the show isn't pure Morrison, but it's not supposed to be. It's pulling from almost every iteration to craft a story that hits home the message of what the DP is supposed to be about. Unconventional heroes facing unconventional threats. I'd say it's succeeded in that and by sticking to that it's become something far different than the usual cape offerings on TV or even theaters for that matter.

saved

more like SJW Patrol

Attached: 15545603896790 2.jpg (1211x901, 323K)

I do not think it is bad but I agree with your criticism. The first episode is very good and when it does character driven stuff it's exceptional, but the scenes that try to be comedic - like the scene where Cyborg meets Cliff to look for the goat. The Nirnhiem episode was almost ruined by this.

There's some stuff that is cool about Cyborg but it all comes at the cost of the actual Doom Patrol cast being shunted to the side, especially poor Cliff who feels like his character stopped developing after the first episode and left him as a jealous dork in Cyborg's shadow.

Larry and Rita are really good though

I like that this image could have either been made by a Doom Patrol fan or a Doom Patrol hater

Oh hell yeah bro, I'm 100% with you!

Attached: giphy (9).gif (217x199, 588K)

>I appreciate gay Negative Man

Sweet! I was hoping we got another LGBT character, this show doesn't have enough of that. Have you dudes seen the trailer for Batwoman? That's another show we should strap on.