Are you ready for the REAL Mandarin?

Attached: 664D822C-A7B0-4CB1-8E45-7D0B87431CF4.jpg (750x616, 387K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YbsRfRmL5Kc
youtube.com/watch?v=mceyJxMuYFE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Guess if they make an IM4, they’ll use Harley? That’s be cool I guess

>introduce real mandarin after Tony is dead

Attached: 913.gif (581x327, 3.5M)

And if it bombs they'll go "uh, no that was not the real, real Mandarin"

They can replace Fu Manchu with Mandarin in the Shang Chi movie.

>Real Mandarin
>without his arch nemesis

Attached: carol 7.jpg (1464x480, 426K)

youtube.com/watch?v=YbsRfRmL5Kc

>everyone has just been waiting for a movie to have the Mandarin in it

Only if it's Ben Kingsley again.

That's what they're doing

>giving a shit about comics Iron Man
How are you this contrarian?

Attached: 1453521691982.jpg (1280x720, 161K)

Mandarin should have been real in Iron Man 3 and using Chitauri powered rings. Keeps his alien ring origins in tact while also dealing with Tony having to overcome his PTSD and the fallout from Avengers. Killian could still be funding the Mandarin. Instead we got another boring businessman with none of Kingsley’s charisma

>Thanos' infinity stone shenanigans show that they're willing to get creative
I'm excited to see what they can do with 10 rings. That said, he needs a good hero to fight.

Gee, if only the MCU had gone out of its way to establish another superhero as heir apparent to Iron Man.

Attached: spider-man-iron-man-marvel-1151906-1280x0.jpg (1280x705, 86K)

Much like the Infinity Gems, Mandarin's rings are way too OP if used smartly, so expect him to just shoot a lot of lasers out of them and miss.

Sounds cool. Would probably work as a decent foil to Strange now that Iron Man's out of the picture.

Attached: Mandarin's_Rings_from_Invincible_Iron_Man_Annual_Vol_1_1_001.jpg (1199x1188, 502K)

WHY? Marvel has so many villains that they could use instead

It's too late though. It's going to be stupid if they try to add him as a random villian for some other movie or hero without Iron Man. Like they did with Ghost. They can't stop fucking things up...

Maybe they should learn to stay loyal to source material instead of letting Hollywood Hacks make up their own stories and slap someone's else's label on them?

You mean they go out of their way to completely destroy characters? Yes, yes they do. They're literally incapable of asking Hollywood to read a comic before it does whatever the fuck it wants to do.

They are going to make it Shang-Chi's dad. The are going to keep the international criminal element but without the Fu Manchu trappings.

I mean, I'm okay with this but it would have been way better if he had been real villain of IM3 and already established

>It's going to be stupid if they try to add him as a random villian for some other movie or hero without Iron Man.

See and It condenses the lore, gets rid of any potential outdated racially charged shit, better integrates Shang-Chi to the MCU and will set Mandarin to be a big bad.

I agree, and I was actually hyped for the terrorist Mandarin we were sold in the trailers. The movie's curveball was so disappointing.

Now I'm gonna be mad when they do anything but this, thanks a lot user.

I have read every issue of Invincible Iron Man right up until Bendis got a hold of it.

I think that was never going to be a chance. The IM movies were addicted to using the evil business man trope. If they had a mandarin he would probably have been another evil corporate type like Stane or Hammer.

Hey, that remaker ring could reassemble the atomized infinity stones.

Watch It be RiRi rather than Harley

Who’s supposed to fight him? He’s an Iron Man villain and Tony’s dead

Tony may be dead, but his wife, child, and two twinks

>REAL Mandarin
>Already wasted Sir Ben Kingsley

Nah, I don't fall for this trash. You trick me and give me garbage, and then you expect me to be excited when you say the real thing is coming?

Maybe try doing things right the first time.

Shang-Chi

What is the whole Iron Man and Mandarin dynamic suppose to be like? Chinese warlord mythic (but really using alien tech) seems a random fit for Tony but so does a clown for Batman.

If Shang-Chi is the hero, surely that's the only real way to get the Mandarin without the Chinese sperging out? Chinese villain, sure, but the noble hero will also be Chinese and the Mandarin is leading an international ring of criminals rather than a Chinese one.

Back in the day Iron Man was all about Yellow Peril. He was an American industrialist fending off China in the late 60s/early 70s, get it?

They retconned Mandarin to be half-white in the comics, and I think chinks dislike those, so just do that for the movie.

>Soon.jpg
Riiiiiiiight.

Why? His nemesis is dead.

Ben Kingsely was a better fit for fake Mandarin than real Mandarin, really. His pretending to be the Mandarin bits were way over the top and made him look closer to Osama than to Mandarin.

Oh yeah, and he got kidnappes in Nam initially too, right? But surely the dynamic evolved by the 80's-2000's when the Mandarin stopped being less of an absurd Fu Manchu stereotype?

Yes, over the years they shifted Mandarin to be more of an enterprising crime boss with occasional magical chicanery, and without the political climate to support their connection, interest in the character as "Iron Man's arch-nemesis" died down. Which is why a lot of people were disappointed when the fact they updated him to be a Middle Eastern terrorist to reflect the current climate turned out to be a ruse.

I assumed the basic thing to do would be to make his rings more magical in nature and him more about nature and balance with it. Have a man of science, technology, and steel vs. a man of faith, magic, and nature.

Tony is dead
BUT RHODEY ISN'T. MCU IS GETTING BLACKED

I'd see that for, if nothing else, a smug pepe version of Rhodey surrounded by adoring Chinese waifus and a seething Mandarin wojack in the background.

I like War Machine's dakka over Iron Man's pew pew anyways.

Speaking of which, there really should be a smug pepe version of Holland's Pete by now surrounded by the superhero mommy gf's. 'We have a Hulk' is so outdated. It's now 'I have a haram'.

Rhodey thicc. Dem thighs. Dose forearms, Delish.

Dakka is nice but nothing can come close to the sexiness of the nanotech suits

War Machine's thicc suits are the 80's action stars. Big, roided motherfuckers. Iron Man's nano stuff are the ottermode/twink looks that has become increasinly popular.

I legit thought Mandarin would be a Shang Tsung style announcer for Contest of Champions so they could quickly introduce all the Chinese heroes, martial arts heroes, and jobbers all in one quick leg sweep

I don't know much about Shang-Chi but how would it be if he was groomed by his father to be the head of the Ten Rings after he passed only for him to rebel or fake his death or some shit, become a noble hero or something, and then be brought into conflict with his father during the course of the film? Father-son dramas can always be great so I'd be eager for Shang-Chi to pull it off excellently.

Well we already got a perfect analoge. It is called Tencent

Tencent = Ten Rings, damn it would make terrifying sense as Mandarin operates a Tencent style conglomerate while financing terrorists in improverished countries to have buyers for.

Eh not the same

they made 2.5 billion off a movie. I think they know what theyre doing

Nice observation!

Imagine if that was a plot point. Mandarin was going to resemble them for his own gain and Shang-Chi had to stone him. Probably won't though as everyone is getting tired of the stones, that saga is over, etc. Just make the rings something magic based and on a single ability that has been magnified ten fold by the Mandarin.

>get Ben Kingsley to play the Mandarin on IM3
>completely waste both the character and the actor
>no you guys the real mandarin is out there
>use him AFTER his archnemesis dies
What they fuck are they smoking?

Congrats Feige, you turned Spider-Man into a legacy character to Iron Man.

This shit is specifically China-pandering. They won't raise hell if he's in Shang-Chi since it'll be Asian hero vs Asian villain.

If he was introduced properly into an Iron Man movie, that shit wouldn't have flown there since it would be the noble Chinaman presented as the villain while the filthy Western imperialist is painted as the hero.

Fraction's Invincible Iron Man #500.1 (I think) is one of my favorite comics of all time. I absolutely love his backstory on the Mandarin, including that the rings are advanced alien engine tech rather than actual rings gifted to him.

But, I do think they should be straight up magic in the MCU. MCU magic is really disappointing. In Thor it was Science AS Magic, and Doctor Strange really didn't develop it as its own thing because all the Magic talked about was mostly related to the multiverse, the time stone, or an unimpressive relic (The Living Tribunal name-dropped for a simple staff).

I would probably pay multiple times to see an IMax Doctor Strange vs Mandarin fight.

Iron Man 3 and Doctor Strange are my #1 and #2 favorite MCU Films. IM3 is such a smart political thriller that I kinda like the reinvention of the Mandarin.

His mom was a white prostitute, I think that'll assuage any of their racist concerns.

That's one of the reasons I was so against IM3's twist. You could easily use Mandarin in place of Fu Manchu for a Shang-Chi movie, or Yellow Claw in Agents of Atlas. Of course, everyone back then said there'd probably never be a Shang-Chi movie, but now...

Self-styled modern knight in armor vs self-styled evil wizard. Honestly, it's better thematically than most comics rivalries.

Yep. It's an old strategy that works. Marvel used it as far back as 1956 with Jimmy Woo fighting Yellow Claw.

Attached: Yellow_Claw_Vol_1_1.jpg (1104x1656, 822K)

>advanced alien engine tech
That actually goes back to the Silver Age, but agreed. That was a great story.

That is only in the Fraction run.

The Mandarin resurrects Tony just so he can kill him again.

You had one chance and you blew it for a twist with no pay off.

Attached: ben-kingsley-iron-man-3-the-mandarin.jpg (721x540, 45K)

yeah, you do that and you kiss the chink market goodbye

Based. I brought up that story all the time back when the hackjob that was IM3 came out and people defended the Mandarin twist.

I felt like the nano shit came too fast in the overall series. It was really jarring to just suddenly see the shit he pulled out of his suit in IW.

Jimmy Woo already appeared in Ant-Man & The Wasp. Will he appear in Shang-Chi? They could also merge Yellow Claw with Mandarin; it’s essentially the same character.

I speak as someone from China and I can say this.

We won't mind.

We know the world hates us for shit like EGS taking away the precious exclusive PC titles people are hyped for and so what? We are swimming in cash and influence. We own most of the condos on the West Coast and is the reason why housing is so unaffordable for the middle class.

China had sunk billions of dollars into Africa and developing countries around the world. If you want an excuse plot where Wakanda is invaded by 10 Rings, there you go. We got a semi-realistic real life writes the plot story.

Hell the quality of the TVB drama went up since Tencent started pouring money to writing decent crime dramas.

So relax, if 10 Rings is run by a conglomerate in secret in China it would make perfect sense.

We really needed one more team up movie, just my opinion. Not sure who the villain would have been but I feel like one Avengers with everyone on the same team would have been nice.

they planned to use it before they got fox. Fox stuff probably won't be in film for like 4 years still. They have 6 movies in the works atm.

>Donnie Yen as the Mandarin (Zheng Zu)
>Ludi Lin as Shang Chi

Thoughts?

Attached: mandarin shang.jpg (1142x341, 80K)

Why not

Rhodey becomes Iron Man to battle Mandy; calling it.

Could Tangerine face or defeat The Infinity Stones?

Shang Chi

The 'real' Mandarin works way better with Shang-Chi. Iron Man made more sense with techno business villains in the modern cinematic setting

>They're introducing the real Mandarin now
Fuck that.
>He'll probably be Shang Chi's father
Alright, that's fine. Only thing is how annoying it's going to be to have to constantly explain to newfags that they're not actually related in the comics, until eventually some equally newfag writer comes along and retcons that without realising.

what if we told you that IronMan will come back? like in all comic books?

Do you have to explain to newfags that Ghost is neither a woman nor related to Egghead in the comics?

>Norman Osborne is the Mandarin

Attached: 1557015112232.jpg (698x672, 26K)

>There are actually anons who think there will be a movie called "Iron Man 4" where a child actor who played some OC no one remembers will headline the movie

>real Mandarin
>he won't be full Chinese to get Chinabux

I've been wanting a villainous Chinese in the MCU since Mr Negative in PS4 Spidey so bring it

>Tony Stark from another universe is The Mandarin

HES IN

Attached: kevin feige.png (750x616, 652K)

He was hinted to being real real before luckily and not happy with fake Mandarin

youtube.com/watch?v=mceyJxMuYFE

>kill off Baron Strucker & Crossbones before they do anything interesting.
>Not only introduce Ultron as Iron Man's creation instead of either Ant Man's but also kill him off before the 1st Ant Man movie.
>Kill off Hela and Skurge in one movie.
Kill off both Klaw and Killmonger.
>Bring in the real Mandarin after Iron Man is dead.

Why does the MCU have such a hard time with the super villains?

It's a different universe. Things are specifically not meant to be 1:1 to 616. It's more like Ultimate in terms of doing things similar to 616 and then deviating.

The only bad one here is Strucker, I blame Whedon. I think Ultron will return one day

They made the mistake of always killing off their villains instead of keeping them around. In the origin movie i think that works, but imagine if they had kept Whiplash Dynamo from IM2 around, he could have easily ended up being worked into an ersatz Doctor Doom-esque villain and paid off great in a future movie. Same thing with Ronan, Yellowjacket, a whole slew of villains that could have been kept around for future stories.

Hell, they even proved that they're capable of doing something like this with Nebula, they actually didn't kill her off immediately and she ended up becoming a major character later on.

>People don't realize that Real Mandarin waited for Iron Man to get killed and The Avengers to be dissolved to get back into his evil plans.

Is he the most Based villain of the MCU already?

>Venom film without Batman = awesome
>Joker film without Batman = amazing
>Mandarin film without Iron Man =
ARE YOU BATSHIT INSANE THATS IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

All you Yea Forumsfags are a fucking joke. I came here to shit on DC, but this whole board is retarded.

>Venom Film without Batman
Well, I don't think Venom and Batman are exactly buddies

>”People of New York! I come from distant China to put an end to that thorn in my side, Tony Stark!”
>”He’s dead”
>”What? No! No, that cannot be! I had this whole evil plan to emasculate and deconstruct him as a person!”
>”Tony’s been through that like 5 times already”
>”HOW”
>”Also, dude? Too soon”
>the rest of the movie is about a furious Mandarin trying to bring Tony Stark back from the dead so he can kill him with his bare hands

Everyone was and still does shit on the Venom film.

>yfw Ironman 4 takes place in between IW and EG

Why else did tony build 30 armors in those 5 years?(hopefully not for spiderman far from home)

Attached: oh snap.jpg (480x360, 10K)

The Dark Knight Rises: Bane's mask injects him painkilles instead of the Venom drug