Was Mister Rogers a good puppeteer?

Was Mister Rogers a good puppeteer?

Attached: 06rogers-articleLarge.jpg (600x400, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6j0wh8e0Rig
youtube.com/watch?v=Xlow12sSdmc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pretty average, but he was a great person so that balances it a bit.
Jim Henson was great at both things though

He did his best which was all that could be asked for.

You don't need to be good at anything in particular when you're Mister fucking Rogers.

based mr. rogers

Attached: 1469051493135.gif (282x257, 1.8M)

But everyone's good at something, even if they aren't the best. So long as they enjoy what they are doing is what matters.

Grew up in pittsburgh where Mr Rogers lived. I remember my grandma taking my brother and I to his house to meet him. He was older in the early 90s and wore glasses so I didn't recognize him from his show. He had to talk and take his glasses off for me to believe it was him because I was a little asshat shit. Had some pics taken and got to play with some puppets. I think my grandma knew him from church or something, she passed in 97 so I never thought to ask at the time.

you think that your granny and rogers fugged?

I doubt it, but who knows. Maybe Mr Rogers was into group stuff or swinging.

No matter what, he never cheated on his wife.

Attached: 0.png (362x311, 20K)

Agree, but when I think about it it's really something that wouldn't have flied today.
>So where are you planning to take the boys
>Oh I was just going to take them to this old mans house to take pictures and play with his puppets

Weird to think how innocent things are now instant red flags.

The alt text for that one is phenomenal. It's also an obscure parody.

He had a very small budget when he first started so it's not surprising that the puppets weren't high quality.
Though he did do a great job with what he did have.

spbp

kinda like this
youtube.com/watch?v=6j0wh8e0Rig

context?

god I hope andy dick gets spectral raped by Phil Hartman

He was singing “Where is Thumbkin” with children and, when he got to Tall-Man, he proudly displayed his middle fingers…because that’s how the song played out.
youtube.com/watch?v=Xlow12sSdmc

His puppetry was pretty basic, but it's Mister Rodgers. Doesn't matter too much.

Wholesome Mr. Rogers knew what he was doing and couldn't help but laugh!

he's no Shari Lewis that's for sure

Trips confirms it

There's a scene in Won't You Be My Neighbor where he's talking to a group of children and brings put X the Owl tp talk to them for a bit.

When he does, you can tell by their reaction that X is a real person to them with distinct feelings and a different person from the guy sitting right in front of them that is moving X and speaking for him.

So, yes, yes, he was.

i think he was great at interacting with them which is more important than the actual puppeteering IMO

>letting people you don't know come to your house unannounced
I know he was a nice guy and all but this pretty risky, especially if you're famous, unless your grandma personally knew him

Like I said I'm fairly sure she knew him. I really doubt it was a cold call kinda thing. Then again I was 5 and my brother was 7, so we kinda just along for the ride. She did a lot of charity events so it could have been from that or from food drives or church.