My character fights using magical chains that can get hardened and become a sort of metal stick, at will

My character fights using magical chains that can get hardened and become a sort of metal stick, at will.

Would this be a viable weapon?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1000x1000, 115K)

How does it work. Do they have to carry it, or is it like a Hellraiser thing where they pop out of nowhere?

Is that all it can do?

Not sure this belongs in Yea Forums, but what do you mean viable?

he carries them around his belt like a biker.

yes. At least they go from hard to normal instantaneously.

As in would people watch it and say "yeah that would work as a weapon if you could do that"

Attached: biker chains.jpg (474x363, 19K)

>Would this be a viable weapon?
For a street level character at most, unless they can do something else.

How hard are we talking here?

I mean technically anything can work. Does it turn into like a police baton? Does it go from like an 8 foot long chain into a 2 foot long stick?

So it's basically ghost rider's chain?

>At least they go from hard to normal instantaneously.
That's what she said.

Yeah my character fights against street thugs and biker gangs.

As hard as a straightened chain of metal can be.

No it remains the same size, though it could possibly get longer when its straight since all the chains together add length.

Yes but its limited to its maximum length.

Attached: steel chain.jpg (700x700, 25K)

Do they extend?

Could work but you could up the design. Maybe it can turn into hooks or an Anchor or what ever. Depends on how creative you are and the rules of the world

>"yeah that would work as a weapon if you could do that"
With the ones in the pic of this post no, it would be the equivalent of the slim rods shepherds use to whip cattle.
This one would though, but it would be unwieldy as fuck due to how heavy these chains are.

When they “harden” do they automatically straighten, or can they hold any other shape?

My character could add more chains if he wanted it to be longer.

I think its more interesting if the weapon is limited, the cool factor comes with how he uses it.

Yeah he's a tough guy so he has no problem carrying around heavy chains.

They go from normal to straight. He could use it as a whip one moment and suddenly hit someone with it like a bat.

I mean a 2 foot long chain just doesn’t seem useful at all. No real reach, I mean you can wrap it around people but seems like a regular baton wouldn’t make a difference

>They go from normal to straight.
So they can’t hold in place without straightening?

When I thought to ask about heating the chains my first thought was of Angrath instead of Ghost Rider.

Attached: Angrath-Minotaur-Pirate-Rivals-of-Ixalan-MtG-Art.jpg (1200x1648, 427K)

yeah its definitely a melee weapon more than anything.

No they only get straight when my character wills it.

Yeah something like that but shorter.

underrated