Okay Yea Forums, get that joggin' noggin'

Okay Yea Forums, get that joggin' noggin'.
>You're hired by Nintendo and a streaming servce (Netflix, Prime, whatever)
>You're to write the bible for an adaptation of The Legend of Zelda
>Last time Zelda had a cartoon it was WELL EXCUUUUUUUUUSE ME
>Castlevania is a pretty strong competition

How do you do it? What art style? A particular game adapted or take elements? Take into consideration you'll have to balance both the fanbase and potential new viewership.

Attached: LinkEponaTP.jpg (800x589, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sys.4channel.org/co/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=107607692
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Calarts, adapting the first game

>Calarts
You fucking blew it. Zelda 1 should be akin to Ghibli.

First season should be a pretty flat adaption of Link to the Past with the second season being Link's Awakening with the Twin Peaks influence played up.

Now THIS is an activated almond, I like that for LA.

Jesus Christ do we really need several "what if vydia was a cartoon" threads every fucking day for years on end. We get it, you kids like video games so much you think the shitty stories they tell are good, but considering 90% of these threads are thinly veiled discussions on the game's lore, I really wish you'd take it to your preferred video game discussion board. We got enough shit clogging up the catalog with all the borderline Yea Forums stuff.

Attached: MCDUFFIE1-obit-jumbo.jpg (1024x737, 185K)

yeah guys
a thread discussing what star butterfly's feet taste like died for this :(

Mini series following Tera and Link after the events of Wind Waker.

Sailing around, having adventures, fighting the remaining Moblin pirates etc.
Last epidsode is them discovering New Hyrule (no trains).

Attached: 1557778810923.jpg (500x501, 44K)

Strawberry ice cream.

You don't there isn't enough to work with since Link can't talk.
Request Metroid, Xenoblade, Kirby, Kid Icarus, or Star Fox instead.
Fire anyone who suggest its 3D or live action.

This is the only correct answer

Twilight Princess, slight focus on the injustice the Twilight Realm endured. The darker universe can lead to a few spoops and there's a natural emotional bond with Ilia
Bonus round : since it's Netflix make it about a metaphor of dindu nuffins

live action B)

I feel a lot of TP's story might not work to weel as a cartoon.

What segements would you could/emphazise more?

Attached: Tetra Link life.jpg (1351x1088, 1.21M)

But LA is set after OoS and OoA

False dichotomy, faggot.
You shitheads always do this, there's other options besides shitposting and shitposting.

Yeah it's not that much of a light hearted cartoon but I see 3 arcs
1 : set up the kingdom of Hyrule, the characters, then the invasion
2 : "getting to know each other", with exploration and bosses in a Scott pilgrim kind of way
3 : arbiter's ground and dive into the Twilight Realm. This is the "the new generation shouldn't make the same mistakes as the old farts" part and the reconnection

What can be ditched : the Peak

The forest and timetravel would be a good episode

Hmm, would you change Zant?

Attached: Link Midna high Five.jpg (637x900, 144K)

No, he could be a good antagonist for part
3. The tragedy about his path can help redeem him before his death
I wouldn't make him appear in the final fight (as opposed to all the friends who can fight against random bokoblins) thought, too weird

At least a thread discussing how to implement a video game into a cartoon is more constructive than the majority of threads running right now.

Literally go through the catalog and it's mostly waifu shit, political bait, some live action capeshit, or just plain shit posting. Get off your high horse you simpleton

Completely straightforward adaptation of either Ocarina of Time or Link to the Past using promotional art from both as a baseline to develop the style. Plays it entirely safe and banks on both familiar properties and nostalgia. Also the promotional art for both of those games was fucking great and even just holding to the backgrounds would be wonderful to see.

Attached: Peach consider the following.png (400x400, 127K)

>Castlevania is a pretty strong competition

Attached: 5344075B-9A7C-4DAC-A29D-BC3A3CCEDCDF.jpg (284x256, 18K)

You know what I mean, user. It's very popular with it's target audience and normalfags who give cartoons a try seem to enjoy it.

Every episode is in a different style, made by a different cartoonist.
Most episodes are a new Link in a new era, but a few may return as old men or as victims of time travel.
Most episodes have new unique villain.
Episodes are self contained, but loosely connected.
Every Link has some gimmick about what makes him effective.
Most Link's don't speak, unless it happens to be that one Link's gimmick, in which case he won't shut up.

>Most Link's don't speak, unless it happens to be that one Link's gimmick, in which case he won't shut up

"COME OOON!" -Wind Waker Link over an over for a whole episode

There will be a repeating formula with every episode follows two intersecting plots. The primary plot is Tetra and her crew doing pirate stuff, and interacting with the various islanders (humans, birdmen, fishmen, gorons). The pirates are unlawful good - unlawful neutral, but never fully evil. They'll occasionally be heroes, but rationalize it somehow, that it's really in pursuit of treasure.

The B-plot in every episode is Link fighting the forces of Ganondorf. Link is mute (other than shouts like "Hyaa!"). Ganondorf or, one of his henchmen, does most of the talking in their confrontations. In the process of fighting Ganon, Link always, unintentionally, foils whatever pirate scheme Tetra's crew has cooked up.

Tetra has a one-sided crush on Link, but is always tsundere; she's mad at him for getting in the way of treasure.

Attached: 1507725979898.jpg (739x1082, 229K)

>CalArts DiC
No.

Maybe a Wind Waker - Spirit Track adaptation, that design is easy to animate and kino.
but if im honest i would probably make a Splatoon cartoon, adapting the manga

>Calarts style
>Turn Link into a dindu
>Link and Zelda have lots of mulatto kids
>Make Ganondorf and his people the victims
>Zelda makes a pact with the gerudos and now they can live in Hyrule, without the need of following Hyrule's rules
>The story will focus on the gerudo fighting against the oppresion of the hyruleans

I think it would be a success.

>No, he could be a good antagonist for part
I meant would you keep the him turning full clown crazy part.

A prequel to Breath of the Wild, showing the adventures Link and the other guardian dudes had before Ganon appeared, and showing their relationships develop from the beginning. That way they can create more or less an original narrative instead of trying to make one out of a plot that was designed to be experienced as a game, alone.

Or an OOT one, done mostly from the perspective of the Sages, just showing pieces of Link's story instead of focusing on him.
The first episode is from Zelda's perspective as a kid, showing what Hyrule was like at first, then Ganondorf showing up, her meeting Link and conspiring to stop him, but then Link not arriving in time.
The second episode is from Saria's perspective, showing her growing up with Link in the woods, the Deku tree dying, Link leaving and the horrors that befell the forest, and her being trapped in the Forest Temple before finally being saved by Link.
Then each episode would focus on a different Sage, show what they were like before Ganondorf, how they fought against him, and then ultimately how Link freed them.
Penultimate episode covers Zelda's story after Ganondorf, becoming Sheik, and helping Link, and then the final episode is a big action fuckfest of Link fighting Crenandorf.

Attached: 61891279_p0.jpg (3024x3024, 1.05M)

>A prequel to Breath of the Wild
I'd be honestly super curious about Link's, erm, link with Mipha and the Zora in general, since a lot of them remember him.

Always figured his family were traders dealing with the Zora Domain or something.

You could even have an episode set after the events of the game with Link asking some of his old friends to tell him about his past.

Attached: Sidon Link flex.jpg (894x894, 129K)

Make it like the Rakin-Bass Hobbit.

First off, We'll have to define Link's personality. the problem is he has little to no personality. We can make him a man of few words like Samurai Jack or Max from Fury Road. But I think as long as we don't go EXCUUUUSE ME PRINCESS" we should be fine.

Most of the talking and character arc will probably be carried by a second protagonist. This could be Zelda or any of Link's companions. A new companion is an option too.

As for Story, the ones that I see more easily to adapt are Twilight Princess or Wind Waker, but we could also come up with a new story as long as we respect the lore.

TP would be more attractive to investors since it is the most "dark" and "gritty" of the saga.

Wind Waker would be the cheapest to make, in case they want to go with a safer bet with low investment.

or, as mentioned before, a new original story with the traditional elements of a LOZ game (ganon, triforce, master sword, consistent lore, etc)

MM, while a good idea, wouldn't be the best choice to start since it is a spin off with little to do with the main canon.

One thing I would unironically make sure is that you never ever hear Link talking directly. Whenever Link starts talking, cut the scene away to the bad guys doing something, and then when you return the attention to Link again, have the allies traveling with him like the obligatory little fairy companion or whatever indirectly repeat what Link apparently said.
The only sounds that the voice actor of Link would do are grunts and heyaaa screams.
But he never ever says anything.

Except perhaps in the very last episode.

Take Breath of the Wild's concept, make it an episodic action adventure series where Link gets in a different adventure each episode while he wanders Hyrule in search of the princess he lost all those years ago.

Potentially ping Genndy to animate it as well.

>First off, We'll have to define Link's personality. the problem is he has little to no personality. We can make him a man of few words like Samurai Jack or Max from Fury Road.
Thankfully you have stuff like Hyrule Historia to help, you can use the personality of the First Link in the prequel manga that's included in Historia, or the Hero's Shade for a refference point.

Majora's Mask could be the sequel season to the OoT Season.

>"Uhh... Hey, Steve. Pull the fucking timeline shit again."
>"Okay, so it starts with... And then goes to... But then it doubles down and takes a turn... And here it branches into three..."
>"Yeah, fuck it. Let's just copy Ocarina of Time."

Attached: image0-6.jpg (607x1794, 179K)

>Always figured his family were traders dealing with the Zora Domain or something.
BOTW Link's dad was a knight IIRC. It's why he was almost entirely subscribed to the idea of being a perfect representation of knighthood in the game.

It's not that hard. It's just Back to the Future logic, and that movie was aimed at children. 1985 A and 1985 B. Besides, before OoT, the timeline is linear. All we need toto choose a particular branch after Ocarina and choose which to go first. Adult Timeline is the natural progress of Adult Link's ending, ditto Child Timeline. For ALttP timeline though there would have to be an alternate finale to OoT season where Link dies on-screen.

IIRC, his Dad was the Knights' captain, making Link one of the lower royalties, unlike his predecessors which were all commonners.

Anywhere from 95% to 100% of the time a "what if a non Yea Forums related thing was a Yea Forums related thing" thread is created, it's for the sole purpose of discussing things that are neither comics, nor cartoons.
Yea Forums is not a refugee board.
Go back to Everyone else, report the OP for breaking >>>Yea Forumsrules/1
sys.4channel.org/co/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=107607692

Attached: rolling my eyes.jpg (345x194, 19K)

here's your (you).
now, go be a fag somewhere else.

First Series I’d do would be with Link Classic after the First Legend of Zelda, even though AlttP Link is my favorite. Why? Because his saga has the least exposition and thus gives the most room to work with and expand upon.

You could have so much that could be done with that. Like with Zelda herself. Hyrule has only just barely survived Ganon’s war, and now she has to take charge of her people at such a a young age, and lead them in rebuilding their crumbling civilization and bringing order back to her Kingdom, dealing with all the corruption, criminality, and logistical problems that went unchecked when Ganon happened. Such a daunting task would have to weigh heavily upon her shoulders, and who would she have to turn to? Her most loyal subordinates and ministers would likely be dead, leaving her court with only the new and the self-serving, possibly plotting her demise or waiting for her to fail so they can seize power for themselves. The only other person she could trust to not be secretly working against her to besides Her nursemaid Impa, would be this “Link”, trying to figure out what to do what to do with this wild wasteland warrior would be challenge of it’s own.

He’s a complete enigma, who seemed to appear out of thin air. By all accounts, he’s just a strange little common-born wild child, with little to no education or experience in living in society, probably having spent a large portion of his life hiding in a cave like the rest. And yet he not only accepts the near suicidal mission of stopping Ganon, but actually succeeds where even the most staunch and unwavering of soldiers and knights failed. He must have a noble heart, otherwise he would’t have risked life and limb for the sake of kingdom as he did, but would he be willing to go beyond if asked? It’s hard to tell how he even feels when he seldom talks or even smiles and with how little they share in common trying to talk with him would be difficult.

Attached: 35539042-1B27-4609-86C6-F454A94F3EA8.jpg (590x1051, 65K)

And as for Classic Link himself, what about him? He didn’t set out to fight Ganon, merely having been traveling. This is an Era where civilization is in decline, the old faith and lore are long forgotten, aside from the mythical Triforce and ever present looming threat of the demon king Ganon, and monsters and brigands run rampant, yet here he is, this young boy, probably no more than 12, traveling alone in such dangerous times. Why? Is it courage? Ignorance? Desperation? What are his motivations? Perhaps he’s searching for someone, maybe his family?

What even drives him? It’s obvious that
He must have a strong sense of justice, righteousness and compassion, as little else could possibly motivate him to face such insurmountable odds for a stranger, a faith not in prophecy but in his fellow man (Hylian whatever) to try do so for a practically doomed kingdom that seems forsaken by the Gods. But what motivates him in life? He always carries this stoic solemn, stoic expression, not matter what. Does he never feel joy, or has his solitary lifestyle made him out of practice at expressing himself?

Most other Links have some sort of nice quiet village background before an existential threat forces them to fight, but this is an age of decline, where even small hamlets are few and far between. Classic could very well have been traveling for months before he came across Impa being attacked, and even if there had been a village close by, it’s likely that they wouldn’t have had much in the way of Commerce. To merely survive on his own like that, even before his quest started, would indicate that he was knowledgeable and experienced in living off the land. He’s like a cross between Peter Pan and Tarzan.

How would he even react to suddenly being the center of attention of all these High society Types, who are either seething with jealousy, ashamed of having to share the court with this lowborn, or want to show him off like some strange novelty?

Attached: FA20AF2B-FB24-456E-867F-C38E6275125B.jpg (1082x1920, 309K)

I would subvert all your expectations and make it as awful as possible. Funny animal mascot, talking quipping master sword. Get the lore wrong on purpose but you guys have to respect my vision.

Attached: 1552645131790.jpg (220x229, 8K)

Art style should be close to Breath of the Wild. Start by adapting Ocarina of Time. Future seasons follow individual games. Don't bother with too much "timeline" nonsense, make references to previous games as opaque as they are in the series proper.

Boom. Super safe adaptation.

Make an adaptation of TP and the only change I would do is to have Link jump at the very end.

Attached: midna caressing the royal sybian.jpg (730x1000, 108K)

>I would subvert all your expectations and make it as awful as possible. Funny animal mascot, talking quipping master sword. Get the lore wrong on purpose but you guys have to respect my vision.
This sounds like Dave the Barbarian. I'd take it.

Go wild with the visual design of the 8 ancient labyrinths. Make 'em crusty, dank yet distinctive

Joke's on you, loser, that actually sounds like it can work.

>He’s a complete enigma, who seemed to appear out of thin air. By all accounts, he’s just a strange little common-born wild child, with little to no education or experience in living in society, probably having spent a large portion of his life hiding in a cave like the rest.
I might be wrong, but didn't the NES manual imply Link was from another nation? This could be a plotpoint to be used. Why would this child aid the princess of a kingdom that isn't his home?

>It said he was a traveler, but as to where he was coming from and where he was going, it’s up in the air. Traveler isn’t necessarily a term only used for foreigners.

I’d gladly take a Yea Forums thread over a fucking Cape thread.

>You don't there isn't enough to work with since Link can't talk.
You know just because something about game limitations became a meme, doesn’t mean you have to keep it if it detriments the story.