I play Frank on Amazon Prime's The Tick and we could use your help!

Hello everyone. I am here to humbly ask your support for our amazing show!

To prove that this is legit Joshua Schubart who plays Frank on the show my twitter is @Josh_Schubart and here is a link to the AMA i just did in The Tick Sub:reddit.com/r/thetick/comments/bmbt5w/i_play_frank_on_the_tick_you_want_an_ama/
Here is what you can do:
Please take to twitter and use #SaveTheTick tweet at @sptv @TheTickTV @AmazonStudios and just get all up in their face about it!
Rate it high on Amazon and Rotten Tomatoes. It one of the only platforms that rates user reviews as important.
Tell your friends and family about it.
Keep posting. If your Prime membership is the reason you have the show tell them about it.
Use studios.amazon.com/contact-us and chose "For your consideration" to send Amazon Studios a message directly about why you want the show to get more seasons.
Thank you so much for all of your support! Let's keep it rolling!

Attached: The tick season 2 poster.jpg (600x900, 759K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/joe-lewis-head-comedy-drama-at-amazon-studios-1050126
youtu.be/ctlC0x2eeww
youtube.com/watch?v=ikNc5YIq01w
twitter.com/Josh_Schubart/status/1128900575016443904
youtube.com/watch?v=ToRcMUR7sNg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was a good revival of the series. I hope to see more. Cheers.

I don't have a twitter, and I used a free trial of Prime to watch each season.
Sorry. Good show though.

I haven't actually watched this but I've only heard great things on Yea Forums and I love the animated series. I think I'll binge it tomorrow. I hope everything works out man.

Attached: 1544928036447.jpg (398x500, 23K)

I'll help, but I want to see Chairface god damn it.

If this is fake, I don't know what game you're playing, but I'm intrigued.

If this is real, for the love of all that is still pure in this world stop! Posting here can be a boon to you, but it can also be like sticking your dick in a hornet's nest and shaking it side to side. Have you learned nothing from the THQ Nordic insolent?!

If what you're saying is true, that's impressive. I sadly haven't watched your show (yet) since I don't have Amazon prime.

Attached: 1557804892420m.jpg (1024x576, 50K)

Best show. The only thing worth watching on Amazon Prime.

It's real

he also posted to reddit and joined a fan made discord. The actor who played Arthur went on a bunch of random podcasts without Amazon sending him. The actors love this show and they're trying to support it all in their own time because Amazon is barely promoting it.

This is not fake. I know that It's risky to post this kind of thing on here, but I'm trying my best to gather support for our show.

And yeah I want Chairface too.

Bump

Feel free to ask me questions. I'll do my best to answer as many as I can before I go to sleep. I'm also going to post in the TV section when I can.

I was afraid of that.

I don't want to see them burned by posting on 4channel, but I guess it could be worse.

Why isn't this pinned?

Joshua, what was the most fun you had on set

Joshua when you go to Yea Forums ignore any posts that have the word "Sneed" in them
Trust me

You didn't watch the old Warburton live action Tick? Not to take away anything from this new adaption, but that has some great moments.
"His autobiography didn't say anything about him being dead".

>I'm also going to post in the TV section when I can.
Just a piece of advice, Yea Forums isn't that bad but Yea Forums can be pretty awful at times, so just be warned. Also, will we see some of the more zany Tick villains like Chairface? Or have the Tick finally go at the speed of lint?

The most fun I had on set S1 was the fight I had with Overkill. Scott and I did the whole fight ourselves and it was crazy fun. It was cut down for time which makes me sad.

S2 has to be my first scene in ep 2. We shot the chair bit a ton of different ways, and I am happy with how it turned out.

i hope you guys get another season man, give my regards to griffin

Is this show accessible to newcomers? I wasn't even born when the cartoon aired.

I feel bad cause i know everyone worked hard on this show but this show is not as good as it could be. I’ll just wait till another tick cartoon comes along. Amazon should hire the guys who make Venture Bros to make a 2D Tick cartoon. They used to work on the tick and they are super good at making parody characters. Please tell amazon this

Darn it Frank threw hands and we missed it?? I wish they'd release more deleted stuff.

What do you imagine Frank's relationship to Ramses was like? Best buds? Mentor? Lover?

I hope The Tick can pull an Expanse and get renewed.

Hey Joshua, what kind of prep did you do for the role? Did you go through the Tick tv show or was it more instruction on the part of the writers and director?

Mr. Schubart, to directly reply to someone, click on their post number.

I watched the tick on reruns in the 2000’s and i loved it. The cartoon is better than this show. This show remakes everything from scratch so its not required viewing.

I mean I don’t have Amazon Prime, but as soon as it came out on iTunes I bought the first season, it’s a fucking great series

Yes!

Thanks for that advice

Did the firing of Joe Lewis make things awkward on set? According to this

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/joe-lewis-head-comedy-drama-at-amazon-studios-1050126

Yara Martinez got the role of Lint thanks to Lewis reworking the character for her.

Yeah for sure. It is it's own thing, while still living in the world of the old stuff.

Im being serious. Watch The Venture Bros season 6 in particular. It becomes a show about new york city and its many comical parody super heroes and villains. This show has masterful style, acting, cinematography, and direction. Please tell amazon to make something like that for the Tick

I didn't know it was on iTunes, see? They never advertise it properly!

Sweet, it's always nice to see actors posting here. What do you do to get in the 'acting mood' for The Tick? Any reference you go off of?

Alright then. I'll scrounge up some pennies and watch it then.

Attached: 1557753273400.png (800x450, 383K)

Go to bed doc

haha It's there in season 1 just really shortened. It's just Frank getting his ass beat in the current edit.

As for the Ramses relationship. They were really close. Like a mentor/father figure.

You're talking about a show made by virtually the same people as the tick...

Well to be honest I've been a life long fan of The Tick. I've watched the cartoon, read the comics, and the original live action. Ben was on set and writing the shows.

Frank is an original character that was pretty much written for me as the show went along. So I just tried to stay as honest as I could to the vision of the current show, while still understanding where the show came from.

Heres a trailer for the venture bros season 6 to better understand my point. This show is just so funny and clever and snappy and well paced. The tick is perfect for something like this. The amazon show is just so dry. It was hard not to fall asleep watching the whole first season. youtu.be/ctlC0x2eeww

Thanks this is my first time using Yea Forums.

Please fuck off

No not really. We briefly talked about it in the beginning of S2, but I'm gonna be totally honest with you here.

Yara is fucking amazing. Like hands down an incredible person and a wonderful talent. I've never working with anyone more giving and in the moment.

I know the media likes to imply shit for their narrative purposes, but Yara got that shit, got upgraded to a series reg based on her talent and merit.

Yeah it was a shock, and As soon as I saw it I purchased it, really hoping for a full on Blu-ray release with Deleted scenes and commentary

I've watched all of the Venture Bros. Love that show.

It's got a ton of the same people behind it as this new Tick.

Attached: 1512532786464.gif (500x281, 615K)

Yeah I didn't get how they ignored her awesome performance and made her sound like she wouldn't have got the part otherwise or something.

Alright i hate to be the bringer of bad news. I just want the tick to actually live on instead of the tick just having a couple of short lived shows that are as stiff as dry wall. Im sorry for being the only tick fan who objects to this show. Im not saying im a comedy or writing expert but this show was like watching paint dry im sorry if that offends anyone. Have fun getting canceled again

That's good. No offense meant to Yara, she definitely kills it.

Did you guys actually know you were getting a second season while filming the first? Seems like there was an intentional cliffhanger there

I already told you to fuck off, we get it, you don't like it. We do. Go away now. Make a Venture bros thread.

No we didn't. We ended shooting and waited to get renewed, much like now, only this time we left the end of S2 with a tie in for S3

I mean, not the person your responding to, but it sounds like you have bad taste.

Also this series has a slow burn into the insanity that is Superheroes and plays with that very well. It’s a really good parody of modern Cape shows

Can you do me a favor and punch the writers for copping out with Chairface?

>Introduce villain called the Duke
>Keep mentioning that his head was chopped off, and was a master of genetics
>Has an obsession with furniture

>Nah jk it's the scientist

I like the show but that almost ruined season 2 for me. They better rectify with some Chairface soon.

Yeah you were right. They are just straight up trolling me right now. lol

Honestly didn't even know there was another Tick show after the Warburton one. I'll give it a watch.

I think the show works on its own, but for the full experience I would start with animated, then Warbuton's show, then this one, and read at least a few issues of the comic. You'll get an even better experience.

>Chairface
Adding to this, Red Scare and Barry. In fact, bring Patrick Warburton on and have him play Barry. I know he has some producer credits so he'd probably be into it.

Yea Forums will also from time to time have people make threads similar to this claiming they work at Warner Bros and answer questions. So do not be too surprised if they do not believe anything for a while.

lol no the writers are amazing!

I wan't Chairface as well. We will just have to see how we get there.

I follow the official Twitter already. Season two was really good, by the way. I hope you guys get renewed, because I'm enjoying the series so far.

Barry could be a perfect character for the show. Make him the Snyder version of a superhero, where he's like the Tick but unnecessarily violent and with twisted morals.

Not only a cocktease, but a waste of John Hodgman honestly. Would've been a fine Chairface.

Edlund said he wants to get Chairface in the show but at least we got Throkkorzog confirmed so that's something

Okay, I went to a QnA little over a year ago where Griffin Newman said he had a lot of problems with the dogs that played Midnight. And was terrified of one. But he didn't want to elaborate on that at all.

What happened there?

Poor Josh made the same thread on Yea Forums and it's going exactly as you'd expect. Yea Forums is full of nothing but shitposters. Yea Forums is one of the few nice boards.

Love the show. I have Prime and will send them a message and rate it. Ask for Dinosaur Neil please. Also if you ever see Griffin Newman tell him his opinions about Doom/The FF are 100% correct.

The Duke was literally the perfect way. There's no way they did that not knowing everyone assumed they set up Chairface.

But before I sound like a retractor I'm a big Tick fan, and your guys' show has been a very good installment. The Tick has always been about touching on certain angles in the superhero fiction, and this show does a good job covering the new ground that has come from the recent trends. You all are great on the show, and the new Tick actor is definitely doing great following up Warburton.

I already, rated it highly after I watch it a while back, been a fan for a while. I'll tweet about it and send the "For your consideration" message. I really hope it helps!

Thanks!

I'm ashamed at my lack of Tick knowledge and having to be told that was an established character. Still excited for what they'll do with him though.

Griffin didn't, Scott the guy playing Overkill. The dogs wanted to kill him

Yea Forums can be a pretty terrible board, I'm not gonna lie to you. And a lot of people probably won't believe you if you post there. But if you want to, give it a shot anyway. Good luck to you, man. Amazon really don't know how to promote their shows, do they? A shame, because I can tell this show is made with a lot of love by you guys.

hey he said he'd answer questions

is Ben nice in real life

Making a Q&A on Yea Forums? pretty ballsy if i'm honest with you buddy

>the new Tick actor is definitely doing great following up Warburton.
This. One of the biggest challenges in getting people to try this show out is people who are too hung up on Warburton not being the Tick or thinking that no one can play him better. I think Peter's doing a great job of making the character his own, while staying true to what makes the Tick tick.

Props to you all, of course!

Yeah its not going well over there.Ben is amazing!

It's not like it's the first time this happened.

What's the weirdest thing you've heard Edlund say?

I heard the biggest challenge was that there just are not that many people in the world who can actually play the tick. Needs to be a mix of very tall, built, comedic, and can run through his insane monologues and still look generally confused at everything while he does it.

Been a fan of every incarnation solid show will give it the support that I can.

Been such a nice show to watch that I've been punching up a spec script to use as a writers submission.

Will boost as much as I can on the twitter.

Great to see good Villain and Hench writing.

Tick wishlist

>Chariface Chippendale
>Dinosaur Neil
>Barry
>The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight
>Deadly Bulb
>Sewer Urchin

Is there a studio reason they changed the Tick costumes several times in the show? Budget, or camera issues, something?

I like that Arthur gets more into the hero business in this adaption. Maybe it's been a while, but I remember his bumbling reluctance being a bit too singular, and encompassing the entire character in other versions.
In this he plans, has relevant hero knowledge and helps establish those connections for Tick, gets to have a one on one fight.
They even go an extra few steps further by getting his entire family involved in the action. Though that could be a bit much, if there are more episodes. I'd have to see where they go with it.

Gotta do what I can.
Uh. It's not weird it's just Ben. If that makes sense. He's a genius so you just go along for the ride.
Thanks. I feel the same. The writing is so good.

Didn't Shatner post here at one point?

I think we got the giant guy instead of Dinosaur Neil, and the Break room sort of works for the Superhero club so doubtful there will be a Midnight Bomber episode.

Attached: SPOOOOON.jpg (1200x1022, 1007K)

Warburton played the Tick more dry and straight up idiotic, whereas the new Tick has a more childlike innocence to him, with a bit more excitement.

Even just an opening where he's putting bombs in weird places while talking to himself would make me happy.

Edlund has rights to all his comic book characters but if the character premiered in the cartoon he doesn't have the rights to it.

It was really just trying to make the suit work. The pilot was shot a year before we went to series, as Amazon used to do a "pilot season"

So it was really just trying to make the suit better and better.

Turning into a running joke.

Whatever it is, they handle the jokes about it well. Tick molting in season 2 was funny. Wonder if he'll get white eye lenses and freak out over them.

Any word on Tick saying SPOON?

If you're real. Please use an actual Tripcode.

Well fuck

Man this thread is going fast. some might say at the speed of lint. youtube.com/watch?v=ikNc5YIq01w

wuss

Attached: Untitled.png (1080x1350, 759K)

Nah man Dinosaur Neil would have the connection to Arthur's sister and everything. And he's a dinosaur so he's automatically more based.

Attached: Dinoneil.jpg (620x361, 19K)

It's legit, he posted on his Twitter account

twitter.com/Josh_Schubart/status/1128900575016443904

Something I'm hoping to see if things keep rolling. The true power revealed.

You mean I won't get to see my favorite couple Tuun-La and Stalingrad in live action? Shame...

Go back to shitting up your own thread, we're having a good time here.

Attached: 1476083110838.png (405x405, 153K)

Yeah, Yea Forums is easily one of the worst boards, but if you really want them to lose their shit you could try bane posting. Not sure if other anons would recommend it though.

As a follow up, can you list some of your favorite superhero movies like Shazam and what not?

Yea we get drop ins on occasion. Used to have a good run of industry folks. Still do I'd wager but they keep it anonymous.

Are the mods gonna sticky this?

Vampires and Ticks both suck blood so I have to ask, are you looking forward to Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2?

Attached: 1412606015594.jpg (429x512, 196K)

Who knows if he's even here anymore, he didn't use a tripcode.

Go back to Yea Forums

If some Yea Forums mod does not think he's a larper and bans him or something

Mods, can you sticky this?

Rolling in fresh baked bread

>Amazon has a Tick show
That's the second show from Amazon I'll be watching. I'll have to tell my dad, he was the one who was big on the Tick cartoon. Hope you get renewed, Frank!

>savethetick
Why the fuck isn't it doing well?

>he didn't use a tripcode.
That's not gonna end well, I'm already seeing the ramifications on Yea Forums

Tick looked flirty in that scene

Still its something that's worth promoting. Given that only this and Doom Patrol are carrying really good comic books shows right now.

Last I heard Doom Patrol was in danger due to AT&T wanting to assume more control and not have the DC streaming service as its own thing.

Hope the whole New York Amazon HQ fallout doesn't end things

it's getting real on Yea Forums right now so

He can post on twitter if he uses a code or not, so that at least makes that easy.

New CEO.
also no one watches Prime and they barely advertised season 2.

He's posting on Yea Forums right now. It's actually kind of funny, dude just said he'd fuck the Shad edit of live action Sonic

As much as I loved The Tick as a kid, I can't believe I forgot Amazon has a revival. I legitimately hope it gets renewed, even if the show ends up being "meh" to me, The Tick deserves more success. The lovable blue retard.

Pretty sure that's one of the larpers

The Tick is very niche comic stuff not super visible like the other hero properties.

And Amazon doesn't handle Prime very well anyway. Which complicates things.

This is the only post stood out to me because it's pleb central. Bosch is amazing.

what if we just spam Jeff Bezos' twitter account with Tick memes?

God Yea Forums is literally söy central. Everyone pretending to care about some side character in a failing amazon show.

Attached: 1557984013069.jpg (1024x683, 53K)

You're right, just did a mass response. Josh, in case you come back here, I'm posting this for your sake

>How do I use a "tripcode"?
>Tripcodes can help verify a user's identity to others, and are a type of pseudo-registration. To use a normal tripcode, place a hash mark ("#") followed by a word or short phrase after what you've entered into the [Name] field (ex. "User#password"). Upon submission, the server will generate the hash unique to that particular word or phrase. The previous example would display "User !ozOtJW9BFA" after being posted.

Didn't think rating would do anything, but I'll be sure to do that. Also, gotta say that watching this version of the Tick has been one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had watching a superhero show in a while.

Thanks

They most likely never believed it was him on Yea Forums. They do get a lot of threads from LARPers that they just don't believe in anything anymore

>Wanting attention this hard

Does mom not give you enough?

Hey of all people shouldn't a real actor be using a tripcode? Somebody teach him how to make one.

Schubert, a tripcode would be like creating a screen name so people would know it's you and not a rando jackass posting using your name.

Also ignore assholes here. Like, don't respond at all.

>Like, don't respond at all.

Attached: 1515365508574.jpg (750x401, 29K)

What do you think of this video, Josh? youtube.com/watch?v=ToRcMUR7sNg

Okay tripcode up just figuring this whole thing out. It's on twitter now.

You also should post a timestamp in this thread >(a "timestamp" being a picture you take of yourself holding up a piece of paper with the current time/date written on it and a message saying something along the lines of 'hello Yea Forums this is Joshua Shubart' to prove you are actually here).

There are just the typical requirements to be take seriously on this site.

Hey Josh, I haven't seen your show yet but I'll be sure to check it out tomorrow afternoon. You seem like a nice guy and I hope the show is good, and that Amazon gives you another season and stuff

It's really cool that you're doing this, and I want to wish you good luck and good health.

Attached: Tony_Stark_Iron_Man_Vol_1_8_Textless.jpg (1200x1815, 190K)

Once they knew it was really him they got worse, but as soon as he left someone took his screen name and started impersonating him

Put # or better ## after whatever in the Name field e.g. Anonymous##moot

moot is like your password, use whatever

For what it's worth I've been considering watching the Tick, bit just haven't gotten to it. With a real dude risking this idiot sites exaggerated reputation, I'll knock a few episodes out by the weekend.

They're still pretending to impersonate him

Yeah, he used to come here sometimes, maybe still does. Andrew WK did a Q and A here too. There's probably all sorts who have come here out of curiosity, and maybe even posted on user.

>you could be posting with Shatner right now

He did, he figured it out.

Yea Forums was never good, but man has it gotten bad.

>all of these faggots treating Yea Forums like leddit

You have to go back.

Josh my dude, we ain't your personal army, please don't come here and assume you can mobilize us like a fucking social media platform, we don't exist for you media stooges to manipulate and weaponize, it's anonymous for a reason.

imma do it.
just to spite this faggot
and letting him know he can't do anything but cry.

>le edgy Yea Forums
it's one thread, relax, i doubt you're anal about other content on the board

Were you a fan of the tick comics before you got the role on the show? And what do you think of it now?

I'd rather have an actor from a Yea Forums property come by and bumble his way into learning board culture than see sneedshit for the 1000th time in a row.

Dude isn't asking for, or doing anything nuts. Calm down. Not everything should be an epic user sneaky mask meme moment.

>Yea Forums related creator comes to talk his show
>you tell him to fuck off
For what purpose?

You know, being on Yea Forums doesn't mean a group of people can't mutually like something or want to see something good happen.
We're not a "personal army", but as individuals we can say "fuck that, let's try to get something we like to keep going".

Attached: elo.png (700x720, 412K)

Yeah, why have a thread about a comic book related show when we can whine about the womens ruining comics for the umpteenth time?

Oh hey, an immigrant from the Yea Forums thread.
How's it going?

Answered my dude.

He's just looking to let people know. If you don't like the show don't help. It's not that deep

This has to do objectively with the things that differentiate us as a community and site from social media sites that exist to be pandered to and led in support of projects that make people money. I don't want Yea Forums to be a landing place for media industry shills and neither should anyone who likes it here.

Ignoring the shitposting, I have never interacted with a Tick property.
What's your show like and why should I watch it?

I am a big fan of the comics. My fav was the animated series, but that might be because It was a big part of my life growing up.

I love this version. I feel like it sits well in the modern landscape that we have today.

I may be a though biased because I'm on the show, but I really do love it.

the only way Yea Forums will become this terrifying nightmare of yours is with substantial changes from Hiro. An actor publicly coming to Yea Forums will not be the death of the site's culture. Relax.

This board so goddamn pozzed, why aren't you niggers on reddit

have you ever had an idea for an episode, or some other kind of writing idea, and you're like "oh I should bring this to the writers"

Are there plans in the work to give LGBTQ and PoC better representation on this mostly straight average white guy show?

Shut the fuck up. You can still be epic user shitposter king here, can't you? Nothing is being sanitized because an actor is chatting here.

Hell, it's the real reason we have tripcodes.

Go back to Yea Forums and or Jr high

The Tick is an IP that is truly trying to poke fun at other super hero IP's. It's a breath of fresh air in a landscape that is wildly saturated at the moment.

Not only that but it promotes love, friendship, positive male interactions, and talks about metal health in a real way.

It's also a shit ton of fun.

user, this is part of why 4channel exists

>he doesn't know

There are plenty of sites with more traffic that are designed to utilize their user base as a publicity commodity for the use of commercial enterprises whether officially or otherwise. This ain't that, chief, it's just another astroturf on a chan hurting from them.

Lieber, Filyaw and Sugar were posting here long before you, filthy /pol/ secondary. AMAs are shit and the stupid Tick show is horrible cheap garbage, but drop this "us" shit when you're clearly a post 2012 tourist.

Maybe we are.

Wwwwwooooopooo spooky.

Can you imagine being this much of a whiny faggot

>Overkill
>Sage
>Ms. Lint
>Dangerboat

Stfu because your shit is tired and boring

Go have a nap now.

Is Valorie Curry a nice person? Does she smell nice?

Also have you played DMC5 yet? It's a good game you should play it if you like action games.

Attached: kub.png (270x210, 93K)

>positive male interactions
Could you expand on what you mean by this?

Go back to Yea Forums

Attached: D3LPWqJVYAEi98l.jpg (900x1200, 118K)

No he isn't answering questions on Yea Forums. I wanna know!

Fuck off you bitter cunt. Go get some fucking friends instead of stewing away your day in a fucking trailer in the middle of nowhere.

I've been here on and off since 2004 but not much on Yea Forums since the comics community developed terminal cancer and this board developed an umbilical cord to Reddit.

Nobody gives a shit about literally who self inserting webcomic artists, this is an industry shill from a major streaming service project who is just trying to drum up views for his contrived remake series.

Yeah, I get what you mean, man. How he's doing it is kinda against what's allowed here, but I'm conflicted since I'm genuinely concerned about a show I really like. To his credit, this is more from Josh's ignorance than anything else.