Women Try to Break Cel Block Ceiling

variety.com/2019/film/global/women-animation-john-lasseter-metoo-1203215798/
>When animation guru John Lasseter was ousted from his post at Pixar last year, trailed by a series of allegations of sexual harassment and misconduct, it seemed like a wake-up call for an animation industry that was slowly coming around to its own #MeToo moment. Yet Lasseter’s controversial hiring by Skydance Animation just months later highlighted the challenges of reshaping an industry that many women say has systematically worked against them.

>“I do feel like there’s been a glass ceiling that I’ve been hitting up against,” Marge Dean, president of Women in Animation, says. “I feel like I have to justify myself and my position, or explain myself in more detail than my male colleagues have to. I think I have to work a little bit harder to prove myself.”

>Some of the most powerful positions in the animation industry are held by women, including newly minted DreamWorks Animation president Margie Cohn, Disney chief creative officer Jennifer Lee, Paramount Pictures Animation president Mireille Soria and Sony Pictures Animation president Kristine Belson. Yet industry-wide, the numbers are less encouraging.

Attached: John Lasseter bolt furry kiss.jpg (594x441, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HqyMacK4uPE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Women hold just 27% of creative leadership roles in the animation biz, according to Women in Animation. In the past two decades, just two studio animated features have been helmed by female directors. For all the success at the top, opportunities have not trickled down throughout the industry.

>Putting a finger on the problem’s source has vexed some of the best minds in the business. According to surveys of L.A.-based animation schools in recent years, roughly 60% of graduating classes are female. Yet few of those women are breaking into — or being retained by — an industry that has suppressed them in both obvious and subtle ways.

>The Lasseter scandal exposed a toxic culture that permeated Pixar, where women were actively sidelined. Few companies have strong support systems for new parents — a problem that can be particularly impactful on young moms.

>Hiring practices also need to evolve. “I think we all deal with so much unconscious bias that we’re not aware of,” says Belson, who helms a studio division heralded for its inclusiveness. “If you really want to instigate change, I think you do have to be thoughtful about it. You have to look around the room and say, ‘OK, what’s missing here?’”

Attached: Genesis Rodriguez John Lasseter.jpg (1361x2048, 1.01M)

>For its part, Women in Animation has launched the 50/50 by 2025 initiative to push for gender parity in the industry. Many female execs also take on important mentorship roles to groom the young women hoping to follow in their footsteps. “Without seeing women [in positions of power], it’s very hard to imagine yourself in that job,” Melissa Cobb, VP of kids and family at Netflix, says.

>Perhaps most encouragingly, the lingering fallout from the Lasseter scandal has also led to a cultural shift. “I do believe that the conversations that are going on now are making those sort of situations, and those sort of behaviors, pretty rare,” Belson says. “I think too many people are paying attention. Women have found their voices and can speak up.”

Attached: John Lasseter and actress Mae Whitman.jpg (1351x2048, 1.93M)

ok

just allow people to work remotely, more women can apply and can't charge you for harassment since they're in another state

Woman don't get hired as much because they don't work as hard. That's literally it and science proves it. Women really are lazy cunts that think they deserve everything don't they?

Attached: harley.gif (500x526, 225K)

Says the neet posting on a dedicated children's entertainment board on Yea Forums.

Women in the animation industry will never be half as lazy and worthless as you are right now.

Ok, but i'm just a faggot online, women are an entire sex of lazy bitches.

And?

see

You can't project your failures on others forever. At some point you just have to admit you wasted a significant portion of your life, and start over. The sooner the better. There's so much time left, so seize it.

Me being a complete waste of space has nothing to do with the fact that women are also complete wastes of space.

It has everything to do with that. Your perspective is warped by the walls you've built around yourself. You look around and all you see are mirrors instead of people. It's not impossible to escape though. But you have to admit your failures first. You have to reset your opinions to zero and start over.

>Perspective
Actually it's an objective fact. Women work less than men yet spend more money.

>expecting a roastie to understand basic logic.

You'll run out of chances for redemption sooner than you think. I suggest thinking about your future very seriously for the next few days.

Do boys outside Japan above the age of 7 usually even watch animated movies and tv shows anymore or do they just watch superhero movies and people playing video games?

Yes

Not as much as they used to, but yeah they still watch cartoons.

Videogames has just become an absolute behemoth from little kids alone.

>Y-you can't say this! It's not a good look!

>>Women hold just 27% of creative leadership roles in the animation biz
data completely out of her ass

>Many female execs also take on important mentorship roles to groom the young women hoping to follow in their footsteps.
that doesn't sound legal.

>we will behead you infidel! OBEY
yikes.

do you have the real numbers, then ?

First to drop numbers has the burden of proof, fanatic.
"the industry" is the whole world.

>. “I feel like I have to justify myself and my position, or explain myself in more detail than my male colleagues have to. I think I have to work a little bit harder to prove myself.”
Because women are fucking terrible at explaining things.

Original user acknowledges their shortcomings and isn't demanding to be placed in a position that they are not qualified for or have not earned through actual work. Creators should be hired based off of the merit of their own work and hard labor to hone their skills, not because there's a quota that needs to be filled.

I just read about how Women In Animation don't actually help women get jobs in animation, they instead blow the money on stupid shit like that High Guardian Spice that's become a complete train wreck (and it's not even out yet) and telling anybody who isn't in LA and doesn't attend their weekly get-togethers to fuck off, even if they're top donators to the organization.

Is that why white men Invented slavery?

Because that doesn't sound like a threat at all.
Don't worry, you both can always find love, forgiveness and redeption through Christ. Jesus loves you.

Pretty sure you're just trolling because you're also wasting your time on this site, and you're not addressing the actual point, just criticizing the person.
If you are trolling, then you're just as pathetic as the person you're criticizing, and if you're not trolling, then it seems safe to assume you're either an underage who doesn't know better, or a triggered roastie/tranny.

>MY VAGINA IS CLOSEEEEDDDD
yikes.

Was she supposed to include a citation with her quote? Look it up yourself and debunk her statement if you care so much, seething incel.

>all that projecting

Have you ever worked a job in your life? People in business, science, etc. do this all the time.

Women were a mistake.

Japan really is going to take over creative media, huh?

Who cares?

Trying to make an industry 50/50 is stupid because men and women are going to choose different jobs. Some jobs are going to be male-dominated, and that’s OK.
Also, funny how the only jobs where gender parity is important are the cushy white collar ones; there’s no push for more women to be garbage collectors or construction workers.

Slavery existed before white people did you stupid fuck.

>feminists ruin innocent men’s lives just so they can claw their way up to the top and force their politicized garbage for shows
The death of feminsim can’t come fast enough

Attached: 0DD1C755-A85D-4B3E-820B-2FC384926841.jpg (700x623, 24K)

women always blame men and "sexism" just like black people always blame "racism" for their own shortcomings
but the fact is that even completely on their own with one unfair advantage after another they still never manage to suparse white men
I know a few indie animation studios who have done great things all one their one which are 100% white men.
I can´t tell you a single female indie animator one the other hand.

no says decades of academic research papers
women work less hours and take more holidays then men

no that would be the ancient Egyptians who according to black israelites where kangz
also at the high of north american slave trade 90% of slave owners and traders where jewish

You see it’s articles like this that make me want to hang myself, I can’t stand this regressive feminist zeitgeist any longer, I just want my pain to end

How old are you?

We can only hope. The west is on life support.

>Muslims are far more violent and regressive in their delusional religious beliefs
>still white men are the devil
Way to hide that you’re not just mad at daddy, toots

Attached: 71FB75E2-6F8E-4EA0-8C9F-157B9B0E1DAA.png (583x436, 161K)

Instead of so many articles about how “there isn’t enough of this gender/sexuality/race in the entertainment industry,” why don’t we get a couple about “there is literally no one in the entertainment industry who doesn’t live in fucking California.”

Women tend to be writers instead of doing the heavy lifting of being able to competently draw more than a page a month.

They want privileges, not equal rights.

>“Without seeing women [in positions of power], it’s very hard to imagine yourself in that job,” Melissa Cobb, VP of kids and family at Netflix, says.

ABLOOOOBLOOOBLLOOOOO
if you don't have the imagination and drive to get yourself where you want to be don't blame anyone but yourself bitch

t.roastie

For same gender/same race employees? I don't think that's legal.

Women always pull the pussy card when they know they don't have a good argument

This thread is shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=HqyMacK4uPE
Now it's fun.

Why just 50/50? Why the fuck are white men deserving of a specific number position at all?

Coming from the same group of men that
>Enslaved a race because they did not want to work as hard
>imported immigrants because they did not want to work as hard
>shipped industries overseas because they did not want to work as hard
>

t. Adam

>I think I have to work a little bit harder to prove myself
What's wrong about that?
Everyone who's new in the industry or is a some soft of an outcast has to work harder to get something. Immigrants are usually more hard working than the natives to compensate their lack of language skills.
And what's about "I can't become an executive because i've never seen a female executive before"? Is it really hard to project your aspirations of a success that you need an actual person of the same sex to fantasise about?

Dont listen to women's words, they dont use language the same way we do. Just look at their actions and gauge their needs and dont worry about their "wants" as that shit changes with the fucking weather

Women are inherently jealous of man's greatness and resentful of their own insecurity and lack of self worth. They deny their own nature, which is to play support, not to lead--and instead mimick what guy's consider to be success, hoping that will in turn bring them happiness and fulfillment

They dont want to work as hard, able because they aren't tuned into rejection as much as guys are, they get frustrated when they don't get their way immediately and just scream sexism.

>>imported immigrants because they did not want to work as hard
>>shipped industries overseas because they did not want to work as hard
The last two are more about companies going cheap than anything

I couldn't care less about your stupid movements, do as you wish as long as the end product isn't shit. Yes Disney, wtf even was Wreck it Ralph 2?

No, but it's why the British Empire defeated it. Until it came back shortly after its end.

Not to mention it's fucking 2019, there's tons of female executives and heads of state and officers and every fucking thing under the sun.

>50/50 by 2025 initiative to push for gender parity in the industry
When are women gonna push this initiative in constructions, garbage disposal, sewer workers etc?

Women did that stuff too

See The sad part is is that western men are beta bitches and will accept it.