DC Horror Comics

With Swamp Thing coming out in three weeks, I wanted to read some of DC’s Horror Comics to kind of get in that mode. i’ve Read a little bit Mainly the first two showcase volumes of House of Mystery/Phantom Stranger and some Swamp Thing and Hellblazer. Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Also If Swamp Thing does well do you guys want to see other Horror Centric DC properties get a show?

And I guess DC Horror General

Attached: 9AABD107-70E6-4B6A-8C5C-DE122F3758E8.jpg (1289x1958, 133K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nD2l0-e2gPU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: BF4745CF-44EE-42CA-8CED-4F7B90902365.jpg (790x1200, 90K)

Plastic man sounds like elder horror God waiting to happen.

Attached: 7B0BA380-D803-48E5-B543-C363362C6C48.jpg (575x884, 111K)

The Spectre was fucked up man.
Made me hate and love Jim, the series is a grey mess and I love it.

Attached: I smell innocent blood.jpg (995x1565, 477K)

The Earth X plastic Man is pretty fucking creepy, it would definitely make for a compelling Short Story in one of their Halloween Specials

>witness the darkest chapter in the DC Universe
Are you telling me that New 52 and Rebirth weren't it? Now that's a frightening thought.

It’s a take on the Nun Poster

Attached: B2D978B4-299E-4170-AFBD-4AB8DC0A47F3.jpg (1382x2048, 488K)

What did you think Gotham at Midnight, I thought it started well and could be used to adapt into a police procedural

Attached: ABB9F260-D487-413A-926D-76C1BF22B491.jpg (791x1200, 189K)

I would love to see them Adapt House of Mystery into a Horror Anthology Show similar to Tales from the Crypt or Twilight Zone with a bit more DC flare and use some lesser known DC properties for some of the short stories

Attached: D9D76E40-4AFE-49AC-A3AE-2F2A09C83D83.jpg (1024x1520, 703K)

It started out good, but went to shit once Templesmith left. Fawkes even tried to turn it into capeshit.

Sinestro Corps were pretty fucked up I guess, like Kryb

This the two volumes feel very disjointed, I will say Fawkes did an Enjoyable Popcorn Flick take on Ragman

What are some essential Non Alan Moore runs for Swamp Thing?

Attached: 804C61AB-EBC5-4B5B-ACDE-A3BBD67F2159.jpg (480x600, 86K)

Has there been any word on the Elizabeth Banks produces Dr. Thirteen show? I would love to see it finally come out as I’m a sucker for a good Father Daughter Dynamic also I love the premise of A guy running around trying to Prove the Supernatural doesn’t exist in a world where supernatural shit happens all the time and the fact his Daughter has mystical powers

Not Swamp Thing, but read Steve Gerber's Man-Thing. It's the next best thing after Moore's Swamp Thing.
For Swamp Thing, read Veitch, Millar, Soule. Below that would be Snyder, BKV and Nancy Collins.

How well would the Joker get along with Pennywise?

>not using scarecrow for freddy

retards

New 52 Swamp Thing was great.

Animal Man was better imo.
I feel N-52 Swamp Thing was just a continuation of the Post-Crisis character.

Attached: 7038F295-1E4E-428C-8E71-B0976FD3D4DD.png (422x639, 606K)

Animal Man by Delano and Lemire
New 52 Swampy
" Dial H
" Resurrection Man
Maybe Books of Magic?

Not DC but try Vertigo's Flinch and the classics Creepy and Eerie.

Attached: 1025FB08-60E3-47C3-BF37-2D1EC25E4606.jpg (425x600, 133K)

I would love to see a Horror based pop up imprint from DC, with 1 or 2 anthology books, 2 lesser known characters like Dr. Thirteen and Stanley & His Monster, and 2 well known characters like The Spectre, Zatanna, or Phantom Stranger

I liked some of the Horror Elements from some of the Sinestro Corps kind of wish we delved more into that aspect

Bump

Attached: AC5B27BC-10AF-451C-85C2-F18C3B9C3389.jpg (648x437, 386K)

okay, i love this

>:(

Attached: 51mFPsMYdvL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (331x499, 36K)

DC being horrifically dark and gritty?
I C O N I C

Attached: dan didio iconic 7396694038_ae97752772_b.jpg (700x526, 146K)

Look at this chick, she’s fucked up

Attached: 08CE786B-D4FF-4A3D-AA91-BA20A4851A0B.jpg (593x900, 102K)

The 90s Spectre run had some great spooky visuals.

Alan Moore's Swamp Thing is fantastic. The run before his was also okay and has Phantom Stranger, but Alan Moore's run really sucked you in with the horror narration.

Also for Swamp Thing the N52 run to as good, and N52 Animal Man is connected to that and honestly even better.

Attached: AC071.jpg (500x777, 280K)

I really hope they offer a textless verion to frame

I miss Kryb.
Nothing says weird space horror like a woman who kills Green Lanterns and steals their babies so they won't be raised on green light values, and brainwashes people with mind altering milk shot from openings of the back inside her organic baby cage body.

I liked New 52 Swamp Thing and the Animal Man cross over

Maybe inside cover of the issues, or even online by their editors.
If nothing else it looks possible for someone to Photoshop it out

Right? Like if DC’s going dark with Tom King and Didio, at least have cool dark

Happy Hogswatch!

Lol fuck off. There's a difference between horror and edgy capeshit written by Johns.

Kryb's story was from GLC which was not written by Johns, retard.

Maybe the old Swamp Thing cartoon.

The whole thing was planned by Johns. Kryb is the most Johns character.

Can you just admit you were wrong and fuck off?

No you. Kryb actually debuted in the bookend issue which kick-started the event, and it was written by your cereal lord.

The last episode of Titans felt like a horror

Hey man I can see you clearly have issues, but this is a thread for horror comics not your Johns Hate wank

Might be a little off topic, but are there any more of these movie poster parody covers? They're pretty neat.

No not at all, the three DCeased are new and more will probably come out when more issues are solicited. The Beetlejuice one came out a couple years ago along with a Justice League/Magic Mike, Action Comics/Bill&Ted, Batman&Robin/Harry Potter

The Wein/Wrightson era in the 1970's
The Veitch run
The Millar run

I stopped reading Snyder's run while Rotworld was going on, maybe I'll get back to reading it get a better assessment of it.

Not DCeased related but back around 2015 DC used to do a special theme variant per month thing.
One month was movie poster parodies and another was monsters.

Pic related is monster.

Attached: aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8xMzIvMDAxL29yaWdpbmFsL2p1c3RpY2VsZWFndWUzNW1vbnN0 (843x1200, 180K)

And pic related and
were from the movie poster month.

Attached: aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8xNDAvMjQ5L29yaWdpbmFsL0dyZWVuTGFudGVybkNvcnBzLmpw (787x1200, 171K)

I think Snyder run stops after rotworld stuff, and a new writer comes in.
The N52 Swamp Thing after Rotworld was less horror and more mystical fantasy to my memory. Dealing with a lot of stuff with the Parliament of Trees and fighting less rot looking other avatars.

Cool. I might look into actually getting these.
What's Wonder Woman supposed to be?

A gorgon.

She doesn't have snake hair?

Considering the reptile tongue some kinda gorgon thing idk.

Cain is literally the only thing I have left from DC that hasn't been completely ruined. Please don't take that away from me.

Attached: Cain fuck.jpg (319x282, 117K)

You do realize he’s been adapted for tv before right? And he was pretty great in said adaption

Attached: 252D20C1-6C11-4C0A-931B-51874893C195.png (840x441, 437K)

>Post a fact
>Not the thread for facts

Best you could hope for adaptations is a DC Showcase short, like they did for Spectre and Jonah Hex.

Or maybe they use House of Mystery/Secrets to HOST a group of DC Showcase shorts all horror/supernatural/monster theme.
You'd get a Deadman one, a Swamp Thing one, maybe Phantom Stranger, maybe I Vampire, etc.

Attached: 6109498-house of secrets v2 #20 (1998) - page 1.jpg (419x640, 93K)

Facts have evidence, like a picture of the issue of her Tales of the Corps short story that shows the writer for the short is shown to be Johns.

That would be awesome!

I’m just saying if you want to bitch about Johns this is not the thread to do it in, start your own thread.

I could definitely see a movie length release, like the Superman/Shazam feature but instead of them all being separate have the House of Mystery stuff bee a wraparound

youtu.be/nD2l0-e2gPU
New trailer for Swamp Thing

Nice.

Other trailer looked like Rot stuff, so might we be jumping straight to Arcane rot vs Swampthing green?

Attached: 313C8D57-9BF8-4952-A011-C5034B90BB93.jpg (532x640, 120K)

Much like Doom Patrol it’s probably going to be a mishmash of all those classic runs with some added new stuff to keep it interesting

Attached: CBAB499E-D010-4B4F-BF90-8973C075B1B6.jpg (1082x1082, 438K)

>Sinestro Corps
Karu-Sil is top tier waifu material.

The Kelley Jones Deadman stories were great. Even the last part with its weird molestation subplot.
I wonder what kind of fucked up zombies DCeased is gonna give us. Zombie Plas would be a nightmare.

That Deadman Run is freaking great also I love the Skeletal look for Deadman

Attached: 7D159C98-1AD2-4E8D-987B-ABC10D21A188.jpg (600x772, 87K)

Starman is still good. Can’t ruin Jack at this point.

Fuck, I can't get enough of that artstyle. The Red Rain trilogy was also spookino, I love the way vampires are shown as being almost skeletal.

Attached: batman-crimson_mist_pg3pa91.jpg (651x1023, 207K)

Why is 13 so tsundere?

Attached: itsnotlikeilikeyouoranythingphony.png (1000x830, 1.85M)

He did a Swamp Thing issue involving the Garden of Eden in volume two.
Unfortunately it was when Doug Wheeler was writing the book.
To this day we don't quite understand what the fuck those stories were supposed to be about
Veitch and Collins for Post-Moore stuff. Wheeler was a mess (and is a mystery man), and Millar ran out of using Morrison's scripts, leading to a series of really bad issues

Oh fuck, the dark age of Swamp Thing where it was directionless and boring.
God fucking dammit, in a world where there's a crisis every tuesday and people fly through the air, you think he'd take a hint.

How can I use DC Universe outside the US? I already have a VPN on, but my payment won't go through, probably because my PayPal account and my credit card are not american. How do you guys do it?

Mr. Terrific was a better "I don't believe in superstitious crap" character. Was the first openly atheistic character I read in comics too.
Also isn't his Daughter magical too?

Attached: Mr.T Faith.jpg (1041x1600, 432K)

I loved the last series by Wein

Attached: BE9464E1-FD51-40FE-A719-0ACEF502B32C.jpg (325x500, 81K)

Anyone reading the Walmart 100 Page Giant Swamp Thing

Attached: 430442B2-0CF8-413D-BAFE-1F68FB2DDF3A.jpg (181x279, 25K)

Why's Mr Terrific an atheist when the literal Wrath of God convinced him not to kill himself in his first appearance?
Doctor 13's daughter came way, way later down the line. And there haven't actually been a lot of stuff about those two.

Lol yeah, Traci 13. The greatest of ironies.
Shit, I want to but I know any original stories will be collected at a later date anyway.

I would love a series where there relationship is actually explored where Terrance isn’t a complete asshole or the Story isn’t Super Meta with weird incest undertones.

Like they seem like it could be a good story a Paranormal Detective Who detests Magic because it’s the reason his wife was killed and his Daughter is one of the More renowned Magic users. That seems like it could be a fun dynamic to play with

>I know any original stories will be collected at a later date anyway
They might not. The trade department has been cut down with AT&T's acquisition.
Poorly selling books like Electric Warriors and Freedom Fighters have had their trades cancelled.
The latest trade collecting the LooneyToons crossovers also got canned.

>Sandman Mystery Theatre reprints will never be complete

Attached: [AHHHHHHHH].jpg (313x559, 60K)

It seems like they are collecting them somewhat, the Halloween 100 Page Spectacular Story is being collected in an upcoming Swamp Thing Book. Also the Superman and Batman stories are coming out as comics first

He just can't wrap his head around it.
That's all really.

Attached: Its MAGIC.jpg (469x737, 103K)

There's some evidence to support the theory that Terry is probably potentially magical too but he's suppressed it and become a raging skeptic out of subconscious fear.
Terry himself contemplated it before he started repressing those sort of thoughts.
I mean, half his ancestors were stoned to death or hanged or burned.

Attached: Untitled 2.png (945x477, 1017K)

And the new 52 version of him is a weird magic fanboy.

Attached: EDF4967C-0AA6-4774-B14B-75CEB7B3926C.jpg (750x3182, 655K)

bump

It would be nice to get a consistent Traci one of these days. Every time she appeared under a different writer she had a completely different personality and appearance

I liked her back in 2003. This was her first story
>Uncle John
Weren't the barred from mentioning Constantine eventually? I guess that never stopped Johns considering he used Dream in JSA

Attached: DC Comics Presents- Superman 002-062.jpg (1920x2951, 1.82M)

Right, she is one of the most wildest inconsistent character. It feels like no one has really any idea how to write her

I mean Daniel is literally partially the grandchild of two JSA members, so ...

(Not to mention the maternal side and the pre-crisis relatives of his mom.)