Hey Yea Forums, would you watch a cartoon starring George Liquor, American Hero?

Hey Yea Forums, would you watch a cartoon starring George Liquor, American Hero?

Attached: george liquor.jpg (400x300, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dShsDp7CSv4
vimeo.com/187722817
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No. Now go home John K you're drunk.

No, but I would love to see a Virgin George Liquor vs Chad Hank Hill meme.

Nah I don't really need a cartoon based around John's weird daddy issues.

I never really found the character funny.

George Liquor sucks but I would gladly watch a show based on Anthony’s Dad.
Not that it matters we are not getting either. John K is a pedo hack.

I really don't even get why he was supposed to be funny either. He, um, gets mad a lot, is named after a burnt-out liquor store sign, eats meat and likes taking care of his lawn, hunts, and his nephew is retarded...um...

That's the type of thing a Chauncey Gardener-esque idiot or a foreigner completely unfamiliar with American culture would find funny enough to sustain a whole series.

Hell, I'd probably have greenlit a show about the dad from A Visit to Anthony. John wasn't even trying to hide his daddy issues there.

He's a pedo who sucks donky dicks at writing, but not a hack. He draws better than most animators working today, including anime artists

I already wait long enough between seasons of The Venture Brothers so I can only imagine how long it'd take for John K to make his cartoon.

Holy shit. We just posted that two seconds apart.

Attached: panicpepe.jpg (243x229, 40K)

He cute.

Just adapt the Spumco comic book panel for panel.

Are you kidding? Have you seen any of his more recent work? Cans Without Labels is never getting finished so it looks like shit, but even his couch gag for The Simpsons was God-awful.
youtube.com/watch?v=dShsDp7CSv4

That's a poor style, not poor skill. When he does styles that aren't his own, it looks fantastic. Dude could've worked for disney if he wasn't cursed with crippling autism

If John hadn't been pushed George so hard, he wouldn't have been fired, Games would not have existed and Ren and Stimpy might still be running today.

There's a good reason why the only George animation since Nick fired John is Flash shit and the Kickstarter equivalent of vaporware.

Given what John has been accused of, it would be downright hypocritical of the producers to pull Stark Raving Dad, but not the John K. couch gags.

>If John hadn't been pushed George so hard, he wouldn't have been fired
George was the last straw in a series of fuckups and unprofessional behavior
>Ren and Stimpy might still be running today.
No, John is a hack, see above
>There's a good reason why the only George animation since Nick fired John is Flash shit and the Kickstarter equivalent of vaporware.
Right, it’s not because of John’s laziness, terrible work ethic, and lack of skill, right? Excuse me if I’m wrong but I think 5 years is more than enough time to self-produce an animated short with backer support.

They let him keep the rights to George Liquor, one condition being that he could never be depicted as a serial killer.

Yes. I even backed Cans Without Labels. Unfortunately, this character is dead and so is John.

He's a caricature of hypermasculinity.

I guess the character is sort of therapeutic for John, but the rest of us fail to see any humor in him.

vimeo.com/187722817

I've never understood why John K is so fixated on such an unpleasant, unfunny character.

Aren't shows suppose to have a plot.

Even if they don't stick with it, it should be there somewhere.

This is one of the things that make me not respect John K and his opinions. I read his art tips, I learn from them, but when he insults every modern day cartoon and then pulls this out and is probably proud of himself, then it's like, trying to respect a heavy smoker who goes around preaching saying "Smoking is bad, don't do it."

John has a massive daddy kink after his dad emasculated him and his brother in front of their childhood girlfriends.

Which is why he idolizes Ralph Bakshi, why he has such a fondness for big ugly jerks, and why he drinks copious amounts of muscle milk while trying to get with little girls.

Go back to charging for lewds, Johnny boy.

Attached: 101B4146-4A83-42F1-B62B-B6D8831F68C0.jpg (750x711, 452K)

So basically the only valid type of animation design is Bob Clampett WB shorts, but with lots of nipples, butts, and grotesque close-up shots.

I can't speak for others, but I'd rather have a large variety of animation styles and designs than have everything hew towards one extreme or another.

wow you posted that right after me, freaky.
Also is it just me, or does Hank being a friend of George seem weirdly out of character for him. I could see him being friendly with him at first, but only for it to change in an episode's length. Kind of reminds of that guy Hank befriended in anger management classes. I think Hank is probably just another big tough Daddy that John loves. Mike voiced him for this cause Mike isn't actually all that concerned about the character of Hank, considering that bit of him saying "I huff propane" on The Cleaveland Show.

I'd value his opinion more if every single thing didn't go back to Bob Clampett. Clampett's cartoons (some of them anyway) were really good but John K acts as if his cartoons are the be-all and end-all of animation, as if everything produced then and now needs to live up to the handful of 1940s Bob Clampett cartoons that he thinks are masterpieces.

Sorry, John. There are many different types of cartoons, with many different styles, feels and personalities. If everything was exactly like "Falling Hare" cartoons would be insanely boring. I've never seen someone curse variety as much as John Krisfalusi does. It's hilarious to see him tear apart Disney cartoons for being "overdetailed" when all of his most recent stuff is some of the most contorted, over-detailed nonsense I've ever seen.

In a way I can actually see George reminding Hank of Cotton, so it's a 50/50 if he'd actually like him or not.

John always makes it sound like Disney and Pixar animators are slaves who are chained to a drawing desk and forbidden to do super cartoony stuff. Yet I knew a few animators personally who loved their jobs just fine. It's as if he can't fathom the idea that someone might have a different opinion or sense of aesthetics than he does. Or does he just think all Disney animators are like Kevin Duncan who has talked about preferring more cartoony styles.

I was just thinking that George and Cotton would probably get on well.

Who do people give John an audience? If everyone ignored him he'd stop.

Because there are lots of people out there who can't think for themselves and who easily get star-struck ("OMG I'm talking to THE John K!!") and think everything the man says is the word of the angels themselves. Some of what he says makes sense and is technically true and useful. But most of it is just ridiculous, especially because everything he's critical about he judges solely on how it stacks up against the work of Bob Clampett, who John is unfairly biased towards to an extent where he's obsessed. Everything he talks about goes back to Clampett, so it's just silly to take him seriously because he's comparing an entire film medium to one single human being.

George and Cotton would get on well, which'd make them nigh insufferable to anyone else.

I think a big thing that John K probably doesn't get about Hank (or a lot of people, to be fair) is that Hank is weirdly neurotic and awkward because of how he was raised by his dad, which is why he's awkward with Bobby. He doesn't always know what to do from an adult perspective, but he typically knows what not to do.

An audience for his cartoons? When's the last time he actually fucking made one? Or if you just mean attention, implying he made this thread (which I agree is entirely possible) then I think the Yea Forums is pretty much exactly the audience John deserves.

He said that Tiny Toons are a superbastardization of the original Looney Tunes, that the animation is bad and is dominated by bad writers pretending they emulate the original shorts but they don't because they can't draw and thus commits a lot of "sins", like stole plots from current movies, refer to other current cartoons all the time and explaining the jokes. Also says that if something have 'toon' in the title, is a guarantee that isn't a cartoon.

APC was just a lumpy, undisciplined mess. The loss of Bob Camp, Chris Reccardi and the other Spumco/Games people that didn't return for APC was deeply felt.

I physically cringe whenever I think of that shit baby episode, I remember watching it with my ex cause she wanted to "give it a chance". Needless to say, haven't spoken to her in three years.

To be fair some of his points on Tiny Toons are valid, with some distance from watching it, it does kind of feel like "check out my epic looney tunes OCs". Freakazoid aged the best of the Spielberg cartoons cause it didn't have to rely on "we are cartoons, we are trying to be the classic cartoons"

He also has a perverse hatred of The Real Ghostbusters for some reason.

Oh and I'm sorry, but Disney is boring. It's always been pretty boring. When compared to Fleischer, when compared to Warner Bros, it's just...boring. It's pretty...but it's boring. The only pure Disney movie that I actually liked was Aladdin. That was adventurous and fun and funny. The others put me to sleep.

Here's an old article from him in an Issue of Wild Cartoon Kingdom. Something he's apparently ghost written reviews for a lot. Listen to how smug he is. It's like when you're 16 and you think your OCs are going to take off into some multi-million dollar franchise.

Attached: 20190516_002142.jpg (4032x1960, 2.93M)

it's an animated story with a drunk John K rambling about his life while sitting on a therapist or psychoanalysts couch.

George would make a fine secondary or supporting character. He's the mean authoritarian, that's a good role for your real MC to deal with. But he's so one-note and grating that he'd be a terrible main star character.
It'd be like a show about Mr. Smitty from Rocko's Modern Life, or The Thing Upstairs from The Trap Door.

The people giving him an audience are far fewer than the people bitching and moaning about how much they hate him. It's the lowest-hanging fruit in any cartoon discussion.

Yeah, I noticed that too. What's funnier is that his parodies of it like the "Gagbusters" in Mighty Mouse seemed to have little to do with TRG itself, being more of an anime parody (I guess it's a joke about Asian animation sweatshops?).

While I hate cartoons that rely on constant pop culture references and episode-long parodies too, things like that, and his frequent use of the phrase "ripping off" to describe obvious parodies make me wonder if he fully understands the concept of parody.

Have you looked at Tiny Toons since you were a kid? The animation is often really wonky, and it retreads a shitton of corny old jokes from the '40s, especially when it comes to slapstick. Shows like Taz-Mania and the Timon & Pumbaa series had way more creative & funny slapstick.
I could happily binge watch those two shows, but Tiny Toons is honestly a chore unless you cherry pick the best episodes.

He already stopped when we WERE giving him an audience. We completely funded Cans Without Labels.

>Listen to how smug he is. It's like when you're 16 and you think your OCs are going to take off into some multi-million dollar franchise.
That's the joke, dude. He's describing a line of literal retards as though they're cool action figures.

I wasn't the biggest fan of his work, but he's right that most TV cartoons with script writers are shit. Rick and Morty is a fine example of just unoriginal autism, plagiarizing the entire FOX animation line-up, on top of Back to the Future.

Cans, without labels?

I think he design is pretty funny
maybe if it were like the animaniacs cartoons where its him and various others all made by animators with the same "animators making cartoons and not writers" style John likes, I'd watch a George Liquor cartoon

ha ha he's a short gruff old man with outdated values he hates vegetables he loves meat and objectifying women how original and funny i have never seen this comedic archetype before please shower me in your new genius jokes

Attached: latest[1].jpg (182x171, 7K)

I used to like John K's style but these days it's pretty ugly dbh