The Might Grand Piton

How does this make you feel Yea Forums? It makes me hype as hell.
youtube.com/watch?v=v9hbmMkdPzo

Attached: TMGP_SH_210_C_74_e8e1ce839bd011c68a329d921ab7814c.jpg (1300x731, 205K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/TMNT/status/1099808519954591745
youtube.com/watch?v=3-z2zBI7QF0
youtu.be/CahiOsbriFw
youtu.be/8HYtnjTjKlY
youtu.be/lD8Z7GpR45U
youtube.com/watch?v=N7st-s83IFk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

don't date robots

Why's she so ugly?

because you're racist

looks dope as heck

who is the pilot for the robot guy?

or is it just the iron giant with a black girl?

Attached: 1533361035408.jpg (2589x1869, 649K)

>this is going to get Yea Forums seething about how britbongs managed to make cgi mechs look good and /pol/ bleed over for browned colored people

Attached: 1551197812547.png (1920x1080, 2.19M)

Yeah cool

a deep secret of pol is that the majority of pol users are mudbloods
which is why they are so obsessed over being "white"

Caribbean bois, where you at?

looking cool

Looks cool as fuck and stylish as fuck. From this, to Primal, is animation becoming cool again? Also I like the music.

I fucking love giant robots.

Dont let me down Piton.

Attached: symbionictitan.jpg (1000x657, 109K)

Kind of cool.

Here, who else got the feels with the people in the back of the toyota? That's my childhood right there.

What language was that?

It says "shortfilm" but did they mean that 1:30 video is the entire shortfilm?

jewtube description says they are trying to fund a series, and buying their artbook will help fund it.

racially exaggerated Goo from Foster's with poorly-designed american Mecha as drawn by talented japanese artists... okay, sure.

>fitting like 9 niggas in 1 taxi

Attached: 1526936199840.jpg (1200x675, 45K)

Racially exaggerated how?
Also, they're British animators.

What island you from

>a deep secret of pol is that the majority of pol users are mudbloods
More like an open secret.

Attached: average pol poster.png (826x561, 91K)

Damn that's good. I need more.

Yea Forums's idea of cool animation is just "violent" or "looks like anime". Not complaining, I think it's cool too, but it kind of peeves me how Yea Forums thinks that violence and anime influence are the "correct" form of animation, and that everything else is lesser

>burgers are actually ashamed of their country
Why surprised?

Violence is cool. Anime, in itself, isn't cool, but the anime most Yea Forums users probably watched or grew up on like Big O, Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, Trigun, Dragon Ball, and whatever else aired on Toonami is cool so it only makes sense that the Yea Forums properties that share those sensibilities and aesthetic are also cool. That isn't to say that cartoons not wholly derivative of anime and manga aren't cool considering Samurai Jack, Kids Next Door, Motorcity, Spider-Verse, Generator Rex, Swat Kats and etc.exist as well.
I, too, wish that the sentiment that only the Japanese can make cool animation dies out, but it does bear some semblance of truth in this day and age.

Looks like dumb nigger shit. No thanks.

What did he mean by this

My thing is, there's more ways to be appealing than just being serious and having action. I'd put ed edd n eddy just as if not higher than the shows you listed in terms of quality

Art style and the designs look cool, but not jazzed about the robot's actual animations so far. Looks way more vanilla especially in comparison to the human animations. Good angles though. Cool to see a giant robot on a tropical island, kind of gives me a Lilo and Stitch vibe more than Iron Giant.

Fuck yes more mecha with good animation, I am in.

No, she's ugly, but that's fine? Because most robot protags are ugly. Gangly, weird faces, skinny, you know the whole 'socially awkward' type that's been around literally sense the start, pic very much related. She's not pretty or good looking in the least, but why should she be? Would you ask a Tetsujin 28-go remake to make the kid look less like a dork?

If you think she needs to be pretty fuck off, this is mecha.

Attached: Sadly this protag isn't packing.jpg (220x325, 31K)

People say "anime aesthetic", when I had the opposite impression, it seems something that can be possibly made here and so.
Remember that animation influence each other. Same goes for Japan, as some artists and styles were influenced by the west and vice versa.

>Yea Forums's idea of cool animation is just "violent" or "looks like anime"

Or, you know, in the eight fucking billion anime out there, more detailed and fluid animation lands in a couple of them so its hard not to 'look like anime' without looking like blobfaces beans.

Also violent isn't an animation, its something that happens in animation, you dork.

You're missing the point of my post

If you say that then you watch too much anime and not enough shit that isn't anime. The anime look is broad, yeah, but if you go watch older american and euro animation and then look at anime you'll see that there's a ton of homogeny when it comes to the general approach they take to animation

Also, detail =/= quality.

I get you. Not that guy, but Americans really are starved for continuity heavy action shows.

I get that. I'm just afraid we're going to get stuck in a trend cycle like the music industry has been for a while, where there's only one genre allowed at a time

Those shows have consistently done poorly in burgerland though. The only modern example of success is Ben 10 and Teen Titans, and now both properties are slapstick comedy shows because somehow those pull in more ratings.

N

Your post is retarded. And fuck you action cartoons are a dying breed. I am tired of Star Vs and Steven Universe TTGO garbage. Give me back my fucking action cartoons!

Fuck off we had like 10 years of shitty comedy cartoons each worse than its predecessors.

>for thing to exist other thing must not exist
You guys are fucking retarded. A medium as broad and versatile as animation only appealing to a single demographic with a single genre would be one of the biggest wastes of potential I can think of

I have zero faith in the success of this.
It will come out and be forgotten in less than a week.

Attached: 1408918151349.png (158x160, 2K)

Yea Forums greatly overestimates how popular action cartoons are outside of Yea Forums

Most people watch live action and play vidya for their action fix, and those who don't watch anime

>a single ep of rtnmt is more animated action than 1 whole season of a single generic anime

>rtnmt
Literally what is that? The last good action cartoon that wasn't a miniseries was Symbionic Titan.

That music pisses me off and the colors are really muddy and bland. Why is it that westerners can never get down the japanese style of coloring when they try to imitate anime? It's not that hard; just use a combination of pastels and earth tones, none of this desaturated primary shit. And for the love of god stop with the potato noses

I like the anime style and I'm glad the west is finally embracing it, it's just a shame that everyone here sucks dick at it

That's the thing with Yea Forums. You guys don't actually want more action, you just want good writing and art. There's been plenty of action cartoons throughout the 2010s, but they've all had really shit writing and bland "realistic" art, so nobody gave a shit

I meant Rise of TMNT.
twitter.com/TMNT/status/1099808519954591745

Name 5 good action cartoons since Young Justice.
Oh I honestly forgot about this show. I will have to check it out.

That's my point. You don't want action you want quality

french from west indies probably

What's the point of having action if it isn't good? That is the same for any genre of show/comic/film/tv/cartoon

Now you're starting to see what I mean. The problem with modern cartoons isn't that there isn't any action, it's that they suck dick.

motorcity
tron uprising
ballmasterz
lastman
Castlevania

Why isn't anyone watching action cartoons then? They exist, but even the dwindling tv viewers don't give a shit.

>motorcity
Yes
>tron uprising
No
>ballmasterz
No
>lastman
No
>Castlevania
Yes but the animation/fps could have been smoother

>They exist
Not really

Non-Japanese are too sensationalist about the idea of having a giant robot rather than the world building or drama that's in it. They never grasp the form of what makes Mecha good, just get a boner for the giant robot and go from there.

Plus, if you notice this just black Iron Giant

Aw hell yeah

Attached: E64639E3-5718-4D0C-B53A-B8A7187D65A5.jpg (466x444, 44K)

There might be a lot of variety in the broader animation scene, specifically in the indie crowd, but it isn’t like there aren’t shows like Gumball pushing mainstream comedy animation to its limits, adult cartoons experimenting with writing and tone, etc. Muh anime cartoons get so much focus on Yea Forums because there’s really no reason why they aren’t more widespread in the States but for cultural preconceptions.

>missing the naturalistic setting and tone that is literally the entire first half of the short this badly
Are you autistic?

Uh huh.

Black Iron Giant though.

Unironically because shonen anime does what they do infinitely better. MHA Jojo and Dragonball are all really big deals in America

I think the issue is the opposite; whenever westerners try to make anime style shows they play everything way too straigh. Real anime is actually super cartoony and self referential.

>Black Iron Giant though

You say that like that's a strike against this. If it's anywhere near the quality of Iron Giant, even as a short film, that's a win in my book.

The fact that the MC is a black british loli also helps.

>ywn have an african childhood again
i know the country's government i grew up in was shit, but god DAMN if I didn't have some kino times back then.
surprised i didn't end up on bestgore.com though, considering where i lived and the ethnicity i was

Attached: file.png (679x740, 739K)

Yea Forums gotta bitch about the niggers in it for like three months.

Attached: 1552878129729.png (870x628, 540K)

that Irish studio who I forget the name of that did Secret of Kells and Breadwinner aren't anime at all and they're cool as hell

That's Cartoon Saloon, and yeah they do good shit. (WOLFWALKERS WHEN?!)

youtube.com/watch?v=3-z2zBI7QF0

>Commanding the Robot from outside instead of riding it like a vehicle
Fuck yeah!

Attached: Giant_Robo.jpg (461x640, 90K)

>Because most robot protags are ugly. Gangly, weird faces, skinny, you know the whole 'socially awkward' type that's been around literally sense the start

lol no they aren't.

Blew my mind and not just because I knew nothing about the series they were using. Loved the opening episode in particular.

The niggers in this one are particularly ugly.
To the point that I would think it was a parody if I didn't know better.

This isn’t even guaranteed as a series, look at the people making this, this could just be another portfolio piece.

yo what the fuck i wanna watch that, please tell me there is gonna be more

Looks cool enough. But I'll be watching cartoons from my own country.

youtu.be/CahiOsbriFw
youtu.be/8HYtnjTjKlY
youtu.be/lD8Z7GpR45U

This a a bit out there but I recently saw the new art piece for astral chain and it reminds me of the early 90’s Japanese VN style that I never got to be apart of when it was still around. The way they highlighted the scene and characters as well as that pale, almost flat colouring for the faces really makes me wish for something like that in a cartoon.

Attached: 63D22BCC-FB0C-40BD-923F-D2533C82EF07.jpg (1000x563, 196K)

>britbongs

This wasn't the work of the French ?

Would watch. Hope it gets made.

>micro ass

You're full of shit. Most robot protags are cute shotas.

Attached: giant-robo-featured.jpg (768x425, 136K)

I

>a retexture automata with scrapped vanquish 2 assets

I wish I could have such impressive disdain for a game I know piss all about.

correction:It's a switch ported retextured automata with scrapped vanquish 2 assets

>this is going to get Yea Forums seething about how britbongs managed to make cgi mechs look good
I blame conditions and lack of skilled people doing 3D
Games industry can do 2.5D better
Might as well, I'm starved for new mecha stuff that isn't gundam

That's who the producers were marketing towards, young boys they wanted to fuck!

The Line is a great studio actually tried to apply for internship there

>Ponyo run

>Because most robot protags are ugly. Gangly, weird faces, skinny, you know the whole 'socially awkward' type that's been around literally sense the start, pic very much related
What the fuck are you talking about? They aren't.

Oh from the same country that made Rimba Racer. Why don't Rimba Racer get a movie?

A mecha show that isn't a "piloted robot team" show? Count me in!

I couldn't say. There's no information that I can find, but from the description, it seems like they're aiming to just make a short film, and they're in the process of getting funding.

Brazilianime?

>long feminine socks and girl shoes
>booty shorts under a blazer flared out to resemble a skirt
What did they mean by this?

>What did they mean by this?

It was the 1950s you pleb.

Lance looks like a snarky youtuber avatar

That sounds like quitter talk to me

Feels kinda Giant Gorg.

youtube.com/watch?v=N7st-s83IFk

Attached: Giant_Gorg-TVA-DVD_Box_Inner01.jpg (1024x312, 128K)

>it was a different time!
And yet these 1950s boys managed to not look like faggots or little girls.

Attached: dd43c0f40e69072bef322eecef22610f.jpg (349x350, 34K)

Giant Rob was the exception, not the rule.

Does everyone have to look so ugly in this?
Piton looks cool but shit every human character is but ass ugly.

It's because westerners don't get the anime style. They think that all you have to do to draw animu is take a typical western action show and then draw the eyes real big. Actual anime characters are closer to something like disney or classic warner bros stylistically than action cartoons, just with very pose to pose animation and more subdued squash and stretch

The robot doen't look cool, is bland.
Tries to be an "anime" but it's not japanese.
Full of brown people.
The animation looks fluid I guess?

1 out of 4, not hyped.

Real people look ugly and gangly and bloated and shit. I like it, makes it feel grounded and a bit more real.

I don't. There's ways to make characters look real without being unappealing

There is a reason why most anime have a mecha artist and a character artist. Most mecha artists can't draw humans very well and vis versa.

I had a brain fart and thought that was Cyborg. DC should just go full toku and super robot with the guy.