You are hired to write the story of the next avatar series...

You are hired to write the story of the next avatar series, keep in mind the next bender is an earthbender and probably the time setting will reflect the 90s at most but the latter is optional.

Attached: benders.gif (500x302, 353K)

Other urls found in this thread:

io9.gizmodo.com/a-budding-badass-finds-her-footing-in-this-excerpt-from-1834583787
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I hire the best r34 artists on the internet to do an episode each.

Set in the not-60s during a Cold War.

Thos would be far more interesting. The Avatar trying to mediate two nuclear powers so they don't shitcan the balance of the world could be tense as fuck. Bonus points if it features some kind of proxy war

Korra utterly butchered the avatar world with its highspeed Industrialization+MECHAS and spirit world bullshit. No reason to make anymore, just bury it and let it be a nice memory.

post apocalyptic world, like blade runner but not too futuristic.
>"fire, air, water, earth. long ago, people used to say that we were able to use these elements in our daily life until we lost that power to use them, are those story true or just a myth?"
benders no longer exist, they become just a myth. story focuses on a boy who reads books about the benders and the stories old civilization remembers about them, one day he tried to move a rock, after many tries the rock nudges and discover he is a bender. wanting to show to his family he fails and everyone thinks it was probably a tremor happening, he connects with korra who teaches him how to bend earth and uses that power to become a vigilante causing his actions to call the attention to an organization who want him death. that organization is revealed to exist for centuries killing the avatar so they can put a stop to the cycle causing humanity to lose their bending powers because they believe a world without benders is a more peaceful way to live in and can stop be dependent on the avatar

Yea Forums already did this it was called Legend of Shen

>90s
Super rad earthbender. Hes a battle rapper with heelies that have rock wheels he can bend to go super fast and also he wears JNCO jeans.

Just go back and focus on an earlier avatar. Ignore the weird steampunk bullshit Korra introduced.
Make it about Kyoshi stopping Chin or something.

>heelies that have rock wheels
i actually like this idea, earthbenders can simply get to anywhere by stepping on a stone, a rock is basically goku's flying nimbus but for earthbenders

>Make it about Kyoshi stopping Chin or something.
i don't want another lesbiatar series, we already had enough with korra

kyoshi is getting a book or two this year, so she wouldn't get a cartoon too.

Considering the Avatar can live for more than a century and Aang was an anomaly because of the iceberg, shouldn't the series takes place in the equivalent of our near future?

Granted, Korra is capable to get herself killed early, but still.

either that or civilization is in shambles for some reason

>the time setting will reflect the 90s at most

I think the imperial chine setting fit the show much better, specially for earthbenders, so I would work on a way to devolve the technology, maybe at the end of Korra's time there was a spirit apocalypse, that set back humanity in a few hundred years, and now the world looks like a mix of renaissance and mad max. But they would be asian again, seriously, fuck the western look of everything in Korra

>Considering the Avatar can live for more than a century and Aang was an anomaly because of the iceberg
Not really, a lot of people in Avatar can live for more than a century (see Pathik and Bumi) and Kyoshi was the anomaly, Roku died in his 70s-80s and Kuruk at even younger.

i was thinking maybe nonbenders took it to heart about living in a world without benders, organized and create a cult waiting to kill the avatar in every reincarnation because they believe the world could be much better without benders and the lack of presence of the avatar has caused the bending to disappear. the world is pretty much dull and without culture, almost globalize.

>next bender is an earthbender
If it starts in Earth nation and in more modern times, I would want it to have elements of a Hong Kong action crime movie. Hong Kong = Ba Sing Se

In that case, would it not also be a rad subversion if the next incarnation of Avatar was born in a Triad?

Attached: Triple Threats.jpg (640x360, 99K)

have the avatar be born to a pair of innawoods earth kingdom non-benders (now possible with the spirit bullshit). parents see his/her bending ability and try to teach him/her not to use it from as early on as possible, making it so none of them know he's/she's the avatar until much later in life.

Fellas, It's time to let go

>now possible with the spirit bullshit
Toph and Katara were born to two non-benders.

Bending has been obsoleted by technology to the point where bending is only really taught so people can defend themselves against the spirits. The current Avatar is a supernatural cop who goes around getting rid of spirits because they keep disrupting the peace.

avatar born to a lineage of proud non-benders that goes back many centuries and most of the plot revolves around family drama

>Earth Kingdom/Fire Nation proxy war in the swamplands
SOME HOTMEN ARE BORN
MADE TO WAVE THE FLAG
OOOOH THEY'RE RED RED AND RED

Attached: 1496433380_13249744_1546248605671439_475132892_n.jpg (640x657, 93K)

they can live in a world were bending is non-existent due to how technology made everything more easier and even simulate certain bending attributes until a group of terrorist plans to take those things way by causing the malfunction of all devices, the reason behind it is because dependent on technology lead people to ignore their bending traditions as the world slowly dies

Not necessarily an Avatar thing but I read this comic that was basically "fantasy world Vietnam" about a guy who gets captured by these two guerilla fighters and struggles with stockholm syndrome as they attempt to ransom him off to his family. It reminded me of Avatar because of the Asiatic setting and use of elemental superpowers. Can't remember the name of the comic, but I liked it a lot.

Anyway, I want this to be a thing.
>"Bullshit! You didn’t convince me! Let me see your real war face!"
>"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!"
>"You didn’t scare me! Work on it!"

Attached: 06841F43-4966-498F-926C-621628B36B72.gif (500x260, 519K)

Have it focused on an Earthbender who doesn't care about the being the Avatar and doesn't do his duties like he should. The world around him has evolved to the point where he feels he's no longer needed and thus stays out of the affairs of people. Of course a threat would arise and prove that the Avatar is needed, forcing him into his responsibilities that he never cared about.

> Korra? Who's Korra? Never heard of her.
> We have an avatar who banished the spirits after they tried to fuck shit up, another who restored the old avatars after some retarded avatar let them get destroyed, and another who raped that dumb bitch straight.
> but there's no korra. there has never been a korra. to imply otherwise would upset our glorious overlord kuvira.
> and we wouldn't want that, no?

If only things were so simple...

>and another who raped that dumb bitch straight
which one?

I write about a fire nation Avatar in a society that has been torn apart by a vast catacylsm, and is finding its new way forward. The technology of the previous age allowed for war on a scale never before seen, and is largely blamed for the cataclysm. Lost of people want to retreat to the 'old ways' and are demonizing technology, while others claim that the technology itself is fine but human nature is to blame.

As the show goes on it gets revealed that we skipped an Avatar. It was during the previous Avatar's reign that the cataclysm happened, and a lot of people believe that the Avatar caused it on purpose. Whether or not that is true is for the new Avatar to decide, but for obvious reasons a lot of people are inherently distrustful of the Avatar now.

a bookworm earth avatar will be nice

I'd rather have an unscrupulous crook type be the avatar, using much more underhanded and tricky things that are still for the benefit of the world.

What happens if an Avatar is just a bad person? Or wants to use their powers to rule over people? What is there stopping them from ever doing something like that?

avatar was a pacifist, korra was reckless, an avatar that doesn't behave similar to neither would be great

1) Instead of Avatar being main character, the main character is some stupid kid (somewhere between the ages of Aang in the first series and Korra in her series) who seeks out Avatar to learn how to be strong bender

2) Avatar is even more OP than Korra but is past prime, jaded drunk in 40s who has pretty much given up on the whole world balance thing this spirts and humans alike are total assholes and Korra jacked up everything up by combining the worlds.

3) Current Team Avatar are a bunch of "reformed" criminal who respect avatar despite his drunkenness because they all got the shit beaten out of them by Avatar when he was in his prime.

4) Series will focus on main character getting the Avatar to being a proper hero, taking requests to investigates shit thats gone wrong, eventually finding out everything is conspiracy or some bullshit by some upper class Earth Bender to take control of spirits/people/

5) Avatar must deal with problem of Vaatu dwelling within their spirt because when Korra destroyed Vaatu it caused him to regrow within Raava (because one can not exist without the other) who is connected to Avatar. This allow Avatar to go into the Dark Avatar state (red eyes = more violence) aswell as the Regular one. Also spirit Korra constantly annoying Avatar for not getting off his ass via force ghost like visions to him, he can make her go away by drinking more.

lame and cliche

>90s
>Hong Kong

There's already been a story where the Earth Kingdom invades Republic City, claiming it as their rightful land.

And it was great until the soundbenderfag joined in
>Those kino Shen and Kaizo escape scenes

Attached: 1550862395694.jpg (964x964, 248K)

Roku died because plot, he didn't die of natural causes. The creators have said that the avatar can live much longer than normal people because of their spiritual bullshit. Aang just powered through his while frozen.

Why not use this to put Korra's death at, say, 2120 and go full with weird futuristic settings. Have space travel be a big part of it.

Earth bender bending space rocks in space.

It's never a bad time to remind you all that this guy called himself a Dark Avatar with a straight face and not a hint of irony.

Attached: VXcLIAGj.jpg (512x512, 21K)

retarded concept from the start because you should skip the earthbending avatar and go straight onto the fire avatar to create more backstory

one of the many reasons korra sucked was because of the setting where it went from medieval asia to gay steampunk 1930s america. with skipping an avatar you can play around with the setting development

It could be about curing the world of the horrors unleashed upon it by the prior avatar who only had Korra to turn to for advice

the earth avatar has no useful advice except for don't listen to her

And the new avatar is already better off

the first excerpt of that book was released a couple of days ago

I'd rather just rewrite the Legend of Korra.

The Avatar is the primary antagonist.

The new Avatar assumes their duty and quickly becomes worried about the world's rapid development. Technology is reaching levels of mass destruction the likes of which only an Avatar should be able to possess, and the new Avatar believes the world will permanently lose its balance and fall into endless strife if this is not rectified. Their solution is to become the world's secret dictator, and use their power and influence to keep the populace in line and, most importantly, stable. All the while, they keep on the facade of being a neutral and benevolent Avatar. And, in their opinion, they very much are one.

The protagonist is someone who knows what the Avatar is really up to, and has made it their life's goal to reveal the truth to the people and stop them. Even if it means ending the Avatar cycle in the process.

Attached: Conflicted Avatar.jpg (1024x576, 42K)

Sadly, a villainous avatar can't work now that the avatar was rewritten to be the incarnation of the spirit of all that is good

The Avatar would act as the antagonist for most of the story. Starting out as a low level gangster and moving up the chain of command as he discovers his capabilities as Avatar. Sort of like a reverse Zuko.

Remake Korra but keep the psuedo-medieval setting of Airbender. Maybe add early guns and such.

Oh yeah, Rupublic City would make for a better Hong Kong

It will be countless cycles in the future. The planet is now little more than a meteor due to Vaatu winning or some great war or some other bullshit. Humanity uses broken shards of the planet like lion turtle space ships and constantly orbit the dead rock that was most of the planet. Many benders are used as little more than parts of the 'ships' in order to maintain their movement/atmosphere/power lest everyone crash and die. Seeing as this isn't sustainable the Avatar and crew go out to find new worlds to inhabit. Breakdowns of the way the spirit world(s), elements, and general lore abound. Questions brought up include 'Can a water bender do shit on a liquid methane planet?', "What happens when an airbender tries to fuck around with/on a gas giant?", "Why can automatons suddenly bend/have chi pathways?", "Do aliens and alien worlds have similar bending abilities?", "How can we sustain ourselves and not become and empire that takes over other worlds?".

Basically Avatar Star Trek.

Attached: 3533154-picard.jpg (1280x720, 162K)

Yeah, and in terms of personality I'd still like him to be somewhat fitting for an Avatar incarnate.
Like at least consistently principled, capable of being ruthless, but probably hiding a softer side.

I give it the TTG treatment. The Yea Forums salt would be fucking delicious

>setting where it went from medieval asia to gay steampunk 1930s america.
Avatar was feudal asia with a heavy industrial/steampunk lean, mostly from the fire nation.
In Korra, only new, contemporary cities like RC and Zaofu where clearly modernized, most of the Earth Kingdo didn't change much over 70 years until Kuvira built her railroad. Hell the upper ring of Ba Sing Se was like a time capsule.

I write a story about Yangchen instead. If not that I choose Wan's successor.

I had the same idea but with a swinging sixties spy-thing going on. I just couldn't figure out what L.O.T.U.S would stand for.

Attached: jtljqelue1i4qo5dv0dk.jpg (900x1350, 959K)

Water tribe girl harem episode

Attached: 1517205983512.jpg (820x820, 223K)

World has gone to shit making it resemble an era before Aangs. Korra fucked it up badly, died offscreen to a bender villain and ensuing chaos fucked it back to that age. The new Air Nomads have fucked off. The Earth Kingdom is mostly ruins.

Earthbender twins born with Raava and Vatuu, and both are Avatars. One only has Koraa and the other Unalaq for guidance.

Red Lotus is back as Not Hydra to the White Lotus' SHIELD. The Avatar Twins and the WL mainly deal with human and spirit realm conflicts. While the 6 nations of the republic, south, north, earth, air and fire nations enjoy peace between themselves.

In the spirit world a darkness is rising. A faction of spirits that want to end humanity and reset the world. The WL hopes peace and coexistence can be had. While the RL stirs trouble to push for closing the portals and spirit holocaust.

The setting is a late 1970s analog. Starting at kiyoshi island. Where the teenage twins are set forth on their training across the globe.

>let's take away all the magic and cool world-building for some modern edgy bullshit
worse than bryke

>future avatars as part of their spiritual training hatefuck Korra's spirit
imagine

>the time setting will reflect the 90s at most
fuck this

completely modernizing Avatar was the worst thing that Korra did and it has irrevocably fucked the universe

Attached: korra.jpg (486x535, 109K)

And this is one of the many reasons we want to hatefuck Korra.

one of the side characters is my old avatar oc.

this could be good. one male/one female?

The avatar is the bad guy. There are now spirit benders that use the spirits like Pokémon and they don’t like it. The lotus are secret again and are trying to take the evil avatar down

Prequel series or decanonize Korra. Avatar doesn’t work in a multicultural industrial setting.

>Avatar doesn’t work in a multicultural industrial setting.

I wouldn't even call it multicultural.

It didn't even have the sensibility to be 50s Shanghai, instead it's just shitty rip-off New York.

Sounds more like Avatar 40k, with the grim dark imagery of most benders toiling to keep the ship and its inhabitants alive.

it's hong kong you tard

Have it be vaguely reminiscent of Captain Planet. The Avatar would have to lead the fight against Sato Corp and its polluting mega-factories.

granny asami the villain?

More than one city in China was rapidly modernizing, fuckface and Hong Kong is barely appropriate given how in the 50s it was still being occupied by the fucking British.

Or the person that took over the corporation. Maybe Korra let her love blind her to the damage Asami's company was doing. Have the pollution fuck with the spirits and have the hippies all upset the spirits are leaving.

No order of the Jade Lotus stuff either. Have this kid be some orphan/thief no one knows where he came from with a gang of criminal kids they formed. They go around ff7 style blowing up reactors and the MC finds out he/she is the avatar after encountering the rival (A Sato-Corp wunder kid who leads their security team) who captures the avatar's gang and takes them to Ba Sing Se. The avatar escapes and follows them to Ba Sing Se learning Avatar stuff along the way and encountering new companions.

Maybe have the series start with Sato Corp taking over Varrick & Ju Lee's company many years after their deaths and forming a mega corporation that basically rules the world.

Why does the Avatar world need to follow our societal progression? In my eyes if someone can pinpoint an exact decade or real life place they’ve already failed.

20s.

this. a nation that can create a giant drill is basically industrialised anyway

Katara's grandmother was a bender though

i don't remember that. was that a comic thing?

nethertheless he's probably right, there's a pair of identical twins in the series and one is a bender and one isn't.

90s is unnecessary, we can have it for later time.
The year is totally not 1930, fire nation suffers economy crisis and feel looked down upon and abused by other nations. The new fire lord manages to convice people to split from other nations.
MC is a strong firebender who fights with glory for their nation. Avatar is the strongest enemy that needs to be defeated to let fire nation prosper or they will go down.

what happened to earthbending avatar?

has there ever been an avatar who died as a child/baby?

A Sandbender from an isolated tribe coping with the rapid technological advancement taking over his desert, fighting for his people and learning about tech as he travels to the other nations after discovering his power by bending a canteen of water. The big final threat is a Desert Spirit angered by the land being tamed.

You mean GranGran? She wasn't.
Benders can be born to non-bending parents and vice-versa.

io9.gizmodo.com/a-budding-badass-finds-her-footing-in-this-excerpt-from-1834583787
just found the link

Feels weird to have bloodshed referenced in an officially licensed Avatar spinoff.
Rest of it isn't bad though, wonder what this Fifth Nation is all about.

I retcon all of Korra, set it in a realistic time period compared to the original, and stick with what made TLA so good while expanding. I keep Zaheer, and Amon, but modify them heavily. Vatu is the over-arching villain of the whole show (only two full seasons), and Aang remains a prominent side character having just as much a relationship as Aang had with Roku.

Oh, it's an actual book? That's a bummer. I assumed it'd be a comic.

from what I've read it'll have black and white illustrations so there's that

The new avatar and his Spirit teach are going to the spirit world via astroprojecttion blah blah, The avatar being an immature little shit doesn't heed his master's warning about avoiding certain spirits. Boom, the Young lad crosses the ancient and annoyed Spirit of time. As a punishment the Spirit throws the avatars spirit into the past, usually this is only a minor inconvenience but because of the destruction of the avatar cycle he embodies a a past avatar. Boom fixed the future bullshit

The moon and the sun are pretty big influences on fire and water bender's powers. How about there be some space travel to the moon or orbut in general where you would be closer to the sun in general. Some dudes want to either use this to gain great power or even terraform the moon to impact water benders. Becauae of moon terraforming, weather on the planet becomes fucked amd the avatar has to fix shit. Why? I donno.

OH I guess this needs a plot, the Avatar must solve the past avatar problem and find a way to get back to the future by finding the spirit that sent him in the past! Of course he didn't master any of the elements he only has earth bending and spirit bending (spirit bending will be his non violent way of stopping benders, I don't want a child murderer or a incompetent bafoon like korra)

guns
rap
drugs

>turning Avatar into a very special episode
why

Any links? Pics? Can't find it on Google.

Based and kinopilled

I just want a cute tanned tomboy firebender whose really shy and not batshit crazy

and a bum, lazy avatar earthbender.

>all those waifufag arguments

Earthbending avatar would be the enemy

What if we just retconned the entirety of Korra and instead of paralleling history we did something actually creative with the setting's development?

Korra would not die of old age. An ancient sect, with records of the time when the world was first shared between spirits and humans, wanted nothing to do with balance. They wanted the spirits to one day return and overtake the world. Korra's actions gave them their chance, but she desired balance. Late in her life, they would kill her. The Avatar cycle would of course continue, but because of the temporary separation of Korra and Rava, as well as Korra not dying a natural death, the life energy of the avatar would take a long time to manifest again. Too long, in fact.

Without an Avatar to guide the world, things fell into decay. The Earth Kingdom, which never fully restored itself in the wake of the fall of the "Great Uniter", is overrun by bandit clans.

The North and South poles, with their portals to the Spirit World, were completely overrun, forcing the water tribes to abandon their ancestral homes. They would try, of course, to make a home in Republic City, but that's where the Spiritual War between humans and spirits broke out, and the spirits chased everyone who survived out.

The burgeoning air nomads would embrace their pacifism and attempt to broker peace with the spirits, but would constantly fail.

Only the Fire Nation held up at all, owing in part to their island home. But a mixture of hopelessness and a lingering guilt over their previous imperialism lead to them not intervening on behalf of the world. They gladly accepted what refugees they could, but without the vast resources of the rest of the world, the strength of the Fire Nation rapidly decayed. While a central government still exists, it can do little to curb the rampant crime of its people, let alone mount an offensive against the spirits.

(cont)

But at last, the new Avatar has been born. A young boy named Xing, born in one of the bandit clans of the Earth Kingdom, spends his days exploring the ruins of the lost time, remnants of the technology enjoyed during Korra's day but has long since been forgotten. He's a curious boy, and enjoys the mostly carefree activites of his daily adventuring.

Except, of course, when a stranger is found. The clans don't take kindly to anyone entering their territory, be they rival clan or just a cast away with nowhere to call home. Even as a young boy, Xing couldn't stand to watch as these castaways were stripped of their belongings and battered, starved, and then finally released to their fate. Now as a young man, he's been getting progressively closer to taking a stand on the matter. What's more, lately he's been having strange hallucinations. Randomly the image of a young woman flickers before him, but only for a moment.

Due to the abundant power of Rava, previous Avatars manifested at a young age. But the reduced energy has caused Xing to manifest much later in life. Soon, Korra will at last be able to speak to him, and impart his destiny upon him. he must master all the elements, as have so many before him, and use his strength to restore the world of man by pushing back the spirits and establishing a true, lasting peace with them.

The world may have fallen, but as long as there is an Avatar, there can still be hope.

This is Avatar: The Fallen World

>OOOOH THEY'RE RED RED AND RED
kek

Please don't ignore me

WW1

The Next avatar is more a figure head and less like an actual important figure. This is due to the events in Korra where benders and nations are becoming increasingly independent from the Avatar.
Being the avatar is equivalent to being the hot rockstar of the decade. Due to the influx of spirits to the world technology has improved alot (1910's type). But due to this evil spirits now run a mock and a new industry is formed: Spirit hunters.

New Avatar is a broke 15 year old who wants to become more useful instead of being a figure head.
He travels the world with his Squad. Hunting down evil spirits that corrupt the hearts of man. All while trying to reduce tension between all of the superpowers of the world. As the world is engaged in a ideological and cultural war ala cold war

>having to drink to make Korra go away
Honestly sounds like I can relate to this guy.