With Disney acquiring full control over Hulu, this means upcoming series like Hulu's Ghost Rider will be canon?

With Disney acquiring full control over Hulu, this means upcoming series like Hulu's Ghost Rider will be canon?

)Also, shouldn't we be worried about Disney and it's monopolistics actions? Are there no anti trust laws in the US at all?)

Attached: file.png (572x410, 74K)

There are anti-trust laws but Disney has good lawyers and weaseled there way around them. Technically they haven't infringed upon any, despite owning something like 40% of all media in the US.

NO
EVERYTHING MADE BY JEPH LOAB's Marvel TV is NON-CANON and will ALWAYS BE NON-CANON

The only MCU canon stuff will be on Disney+

they own 5% or less
disney
nbcu
warner brothers
paramount/viacom
sony
cbs
amazon
netflix

smaller
lionsgate
stx
mgm
criterion
apple (coming soon)
+ more

Before the buyout 90% of all American media led back to
>Disney
>WB
>NBCU
>Viacom
>Fox

And now Fox and Disney are the same.

"I am inevitable"

Attached: md7l1bsyzqz11.jpg (720x900, 76K)

Cool, the green stone can be Hulu

FUUUUUUUUCK!
MY TV PROVIDER IS HULU! IT'S GETTING DAMN NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO AVOID THIS MONOPOLY

>shouldn't we be worried about Disney and it's monopolistics actions?

Yes. Yes we should.

But no one does because "muh X-Men in muh MCU".

You’re pretty retarded. For one thing, Criterion doesn’t produce or even own movies, they just redistribute.

Shut up Boco

Yes sir...

Better that than the Muppets. I like the Muppets and all, but they're a relic now and aren't about to make a comeback.

A monopoly needs to own 80% of a market.
Disney doesnt own 80% of any market in america.
>Theme Parks:
Cedar Fair
Six Flags
>Media Groups:
Warner
Sony
Disney

Disney doesn't own 80% of anything, and they never will.

Did the Muppets do anything marvel related as of late or no

This, pretty much.

Once the X-Men are firmly in Disney's grasp and a staple of the MCU, don't expect much else beyond the most recognizable IPs to be utilized by Disney.

Best case scenario, Disney sells Fox minus those money-making IPs to the highest bidder.

This
Marvel TV/Loeb = not canon
Marvel Studios/Feige = canon

Comcast:
>Xfinity
>NBC
>Universal
>Dreamworks
>Illumination
>Fandago
>Telemundo
>PictureBox
>Focus Features
>Sky

The Walt Disney Company:
>Pixar
>Marvel Entertainment
>Lucasfilm
>ABC
>ESPN
>20th Century Fox
>National Geographic
>Buena Vista
>The Muppets Studio
>Hulu

AT&T:
>Warner Bros.
>DirecTV
>DC Comics
>New Line Cinema
>Otter Media
>HBO
>CNN
>TBS
>Cartoon Network
>Six Flags

National Amusements:
>CBS Corporation
>Viacom
>Paramount Pictures
>Showtime Networks
>Nickelodeon
>MTV
>BET
>Comedy Central
>Pluto TV
>VidCon

News Corp:
>Fox Corporation
>Dow Jones & Company
>HarperCollins
>New York Post
>The Wall Street Journal
>MarketWatch
>Big Ten Network
>Move
>Barron's
>Zondervan

Sony:
>PlayStation
>Columbia Pictures
>TriStar Pictures
>Starz TV
>RCA Records
>Epic Records
>Funimation
>Aniplex
>Screen Gems
>Adelaide Productions

That's over 90% of all media. The other companies don't come close.

Sony bought out EMI and their back catalogue about a year ago, too.

What’s the point of Disney+ if they own Hulu? What’s the point of it when it will undoubtedly compete for the same pocketbook of many of the same viewers? I was already considering cancelling Hulu and ordering Disney+ for a while instead. Choices like that will just hurt one part of Disney to benefit another.

>and they never will
Disney lobbyists would like a word with you.

Attached: smugerma.png (261x269, 43K)

Disney are pushing Disney+ as the family-friendly service, so they're not putting anything above PG-13/whatever equivalent in your country on there.

Disney+ is for stuff owned by Disney. Hulu is for licensed content.

I swear if Disney fucks with whatever is already on Hulu I'm going to riot. They better not removes all the WB cartoons.

I don't think Murica is THIS cucked to let a business increase 5 times and turning into a monopoly just by merging

>Choices like that will just hurt one part of Disney to benefit another.
No it doesn't, in fact this BENEFITS Disney now that they have two ultimately different streaming services so they can get more money out of you. They can have Disney+ which they can stream their safe family content. They have Hulu which they can stream their more adult oriented shows/movies from FOX and other licensed properties.

Attached: ExcuseMeWhatTheFuck.jpg (636x335, 22K)

Retard here.
Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Sadly no, with the Disney+ happening, they'll pull everything from it except adult tv shows and promote their streaming app. Of course, this won't happen immediately, but over the course of a few years.

In my eyes, this is bad for consumers. Disney owning two brands means that they can divide content on two separate platforms when they can just dump everything into one cheaper streaming service.

there's no way they own that much given that youtube exists and 'media' includes more than video media.

why shouldn't disney own their own streaming service when netflix and amazon own their own streaming services?

>I don't think Murica is THIS cucked to let a business increase 5 times and turning into a monopoly just by merging
Boy, this country has been being cucked by corporations for years now that we can be called the United Cucks of America™

Attached: Cseit1yXYAIWdek.jpg_large.jpg (800x401, 89K)

The problem isn't Disney owning a streaming service but rather buying another one when they already have a streaming service planned to release.This is to consolidate more market share and therefore are buying up the competition which is bad for the consumer. They could be buying it to merge the two services together to have a larger catalog but may result in this . Ultimately this is bad.

Pretty sure Disney's plan is to control 79.9% of anything at any given time. Gives them almost complete control without having to deal with the legal issues of actual complete control.

they should just use Hulu instead of Dinsey +

>shouldn't we be worried about Disney and it's monopolistics actions?

Hulu is a really good example of where Trump's DOJ is full of it since some of the same arguments it was making in general about the stuff AT&T already owned (e.g. Direct TV) and the tuff it wanted to buy (TBS/TNT, HBO, CNN, etc.) where Hulu is going to end up being anticompetitive and more expensive to end users, and be a monopoly of a format.

It's the only real competitor to Netflix and was shoestrung because it's owners (Fox, Universal, Disney with WB having been a small essentially tie breaker kind share-holder) could never agree and underfunded it and treated it like a dumping ground for some of their shittiest back catalogue.

Notwithstanding their lawyers, if Facebook is force to unwind and divest/spin-off/sell WhatsApp and/or Instagram (or both), you can bet that people could go after Hulu and force Disney and Comcast to sell it to someone.

The problem is to whom. If Apple didn't want it, there's no big pockets save for maybe Verizon.

A monopoly does not need to own 80% of a market.

Also, streaming is three things: Netflix, Amazon Prime (a closed system) and Hulu.

The anticompetitiveness issue would be that Disney would own/control Hulu and could keep competitors out or pay them less to license their stuff.

>Dinsey getting hulu
So I'm confused. Does that mean Hulu will lose Cartoon Network? Because that is literally the only reason I use it.

Nah Branding is everything. They're got their stockholders all in that basket so they gotta provide.

Well Cartoon Network is trying to turn Boomerang into its streaming app.

don't ask questions, just consume

Yea, but I get all of CNs stuff without commercials on Hulu for a dollar a month. I don't want to lose that.

Probably not for a few years more, at least till 2014 where they are bound to buy or sell the whole thing

Turner has been rumored to start their own streaming service which owns networks like Cartoon Network. So most likely all non-disney content owned by other big media outlets will eventually be featured on their own streaming service outside of Hulu.

That's a big nber to pull out of your ass.
Take a gander at AT&Ts aquisitions then come bitch to me about antitrust

>whataboutism

Disney cant make, only take.

Does this mean they’re gonna take the “family friendly” content off of hulu?

Better than straight making shit up faggot.
Time Warner is bigger and Viacom is way stupider. People only shit on Disney because they are the most visible.

based

fuck Jeph Loeb

they already owned part of it. they are probably just going to buy the rest of it if universal wants to sell it. disney is creating another streaming service called disney+. universal can make another streaming service if they haven't already.

Youtube probably gets more people streaming on it than all 3 of those. Plus there's Facebook, twitter, instagram, and even reddit has videos now.

They're not big and claiming they're a monopoly is laughable.