What went so wrong? And would The Mouse even let Capcom make another entry again?

What went so wrong? And would The Mouse even let Capcom make another entry again?

Attached: CC6EBB4A-61E7-4649-8A7B-0E00A7D5C10C.jpg (590x331, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RTqmaQHzd3I?t=120
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

shouldnt of moved to 3d

Ike is a shithead

1) It looked very bad;
2) Same roster from UMVC3 but without some fan-favourites like the X-Men;
3) Gameplay was average but dumbed down;
4) Story was an absolute shitshow

It was bad.

No marvel zombies/dead rising crossover.

Yea Forums question but was this the wake up call for Capcom? They got much better since than, did they realise that they can't make subpar games and can the franchise when it underpeforms?

Attached: d16fb308c9f78ad67a09ddc7753361ac.jpg (800x1027, 200K)

>No X-Men, Doom or Shuma Gorath
>Clearly made to promote the movies
>Have the best character be DLC
>The story is bad, most of the appeal of a crossover is seeing character meet each other, here they skip that part.

let them make an Ultimate version or just make it into 4
They have X-Men and FF now
the game still has die hards that will defend the game
and giving it that extra development time would be best suited towards making the game look good

fucking do it you cowards, and don't forget to put Magik in while you're at it

A mix of this, SFV, and some new executives.

>What went so wrong?
Incompetent MCU pandering.

>

Attached: MvCI-DmC-Dante-DLC-Skin.jpg (1920x2755, 338K)

Perlmutter trying to throw X-Men under a bus forcing Inhumans down on everyone's crawholes and Capcom's corporate apathy

That too.

>

Attached: roster padding.png (123x123, 30K)

Standard contemporary fighting game issues at its finest

It's been 3D since MvC3.

Not helping matters were DBZ "fanboys" claiming that Fighterz is a better game. Now they bitching about too many "Gokus"

1) Looked really awfu
2) Same roster from UMvC3 but without the fun additions, actually making Spencer come back and at the same time making him WORSE (that's pettyness on the next level), and making the Capcom roster only have 1 (ONE) [UNO] newcomer in the form of X, who btw wasn't that well balanced.
3) Gameplay was ok, but then we had Spidey's infinite combo, and some more stupid shit.
4) Music was hit or miss, but they absolutely ruined some themes, like Dante's one or Cap/IronMan/Spidey.
5) Story was a shitshow
6) Ike the Kike was really a jewish kike.

I don’t think Disney “let” Capcom make the game. I think it was more of a Disney made Capcom make the game. This game is so much more Marvel than it is Capcom, Disney/Marvel had to be pushing for a lot of the terrible decisions.

Roster padding? Probably. I'll allow it because it was the only source of kino in this game.
youtu.be/RTqmaQHzd3I?t=120
tbf they would have probably added more combo super later but it clearly was too little too late.

Don't remind us

>would The Mouse even let Capcom make another entry again?
It's the other way around: would Capcom, who finally became the AAA developer they claimed to be thanks to Monster Hunter World, RE2 Remake and DMC5, would let themselves go this low again for a juicy Disney paycheck?
Probably not. Lot of internal shake up happened following this game's debacle. But at the same time, Disney probably wants to cash in on the MCU more than ever now as well as the juicy """e-sport""" pie they probably know nothing about but want money from, but would this happen this time it will be on Capcom's conditions.

Attached: Capture.jpg (606x767, 92K)

>KEEP YOUR PUNY PEBBLE

I thought the majority of the issues were disney's fault? They specifically wanted to shoehorn in the MCU-relevant characters, and then the debacle with no x-men.
MvC:I didnt even look or feel like a MvC to me so it's hard to blame it on Capcom

They should have just made it MvC2 with a larger roster. All fighting games that start 2d/Pixel and transition to 3D are shit because the mechanics and speed get fucked up, and the supers are just cinematic distractions from the flow of combat. Look at Street Fighter. Has there been a better one since Third Strike? Guilty Gear. I say X2 is better than Xrd. the industry ruined fighters by wasting money on shit no one asked for, like long ass cutscenes.

Bump

Disney wanted a $60 interactive advertisement for the MCU, and Capcom probably didn't care enough at the time to fight it.

After this fiasco, either the IP is dropped forever (I can imagine the relationship between Disney and Capcom is a bit sour now, especially after even EVO didn't even consider the game), or MvC4 is going to be the most ambitious entry in the series in an attempt to heal the damage done to it.

Capcom being incompetent and Disney/Marvel being impossible to work with

Reminder that it was Disney's fault the roster was ass

I highly doubt Capcom will ever seek the Marvel license any time soon not to mention they plan on milking SFV as long as possible before bothering with making another fighting game

that skin looked better than his default

SFV is running on fumes now

>or MvC4 is going to be the most ambitious entry in the series in an attempt to heal the damage done to it.

Ha Ha Ha Ha, No, the whole UNCANNY Marvel vs Capcom was just a shitpasta done by an asspietard, even if it came out it would just have the Xmen added and 3 new characters from the capcom roster nobody really likes, aka, an expansion pack.

Also with Kathleen Kennedy and Disney being full SJW and PC, i doubt they would have add female characters like Rouge from Power Stone or Felicia from Darkstalkers, Morrigan is only slapped in every crossover game to give the false sense of ''SEE GAIS WE DU CARE ABOUT DANKSTALKEKS, even tough we really dont LOL'' heck fucking SNK vs Capcom Chaos had the balls to not use morrigan and used Demitri instead.

>no doom
>no wolverine
>no magneto

That's like announcing a new Smash Bros without Mario, Link and Samus

>Kathleen Kennedy
>he thinks The Mouse will keep her after Episode 9

Partially but Disney had most of the control on what the game can have so it's largely their fault.

I'd argue SFV horrible launch is what made them change gears.