Thanos Thread

So, Yea Forums, what do you think of Thanos?
No really, after everything that's happened, it's just fascinating.

Back way, WAY when The Avengers came out, I remember people saying stupid stuff like "it's Hellboy!" at the end credits scene.

And now Thanos is a household name, literally. I've seen and heard of elderly people knowing who he is and what his deal is.
That's AMAZING to me. I remember fucking ages ago reading about the first iron man movie and thinking "Iron Man? Really? That sounds dumb." And not even knowing what that was. Fucking hell, it's just been a hell of a ride. I remember "Obama's Republic of Hitlerstan" and "Captain America is coming back to earth" and all the other stupid things about the MCU on Yea Forums.

I never thought I'd actually see Infinity War happen, I honestly thought I'd DIE before then, but Endgame is out and shit.

Did you know they made an official Thanos origin story novel? It's pretty cool, the last line in the book is "Fine, I'll do it myself." Some technical holes here and there but that goes with trying to convey decades in a single book of that size.
Personally, yeah, I do like his movie motivations more, hell I've seen people AGREEING with him:

forbes.com/sites/jvchamary/2019/05/07/avengers-endgame-biodiversity/#4cbeb989775b

But in any case, what do you think?

Attached: thanos art story.jpg (640x787, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uHN6x1P9TJQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Thanos

literally just Darkseid and Grape Ape fused together

he's clearly wrong, but i think making him sympathetic and basically the protagonist of IW was the best way they could've done it, if they were going with this new motivation and not tryna fuck death. he'll go down as one of the most culturally relevant villains of this generation, and the ride was amazing, especially with Yea Forums

Thanos was wrong
Past Thanos being the enemy is stupid as he doesnt know anybody or why they are kicking his ass
Anything after Thanos like Galactus will feel boring, compared to the universal threat Thanos posed.

RIGHT IN THE INFINITY STONES

Attached: 1529357438855.png (473x461, 274K)

I wanna fuck all three of his daughters

New generations love thanos and don’t give a shit about darkseid because dc can’t do a cinematic universe properly
DC will be lost forgotten in 20 years if they don’t start doing good fucking movies

>WOWIE ZOWIE
Why is it still funny no matter how many times you post it?

Kids love TTG and the LEGO Batman series. I don't see DC being forgotten soon.

You mean adults that masturbate to Batman figurines

Yeah and Hydrox cookies came out before Oreos but no one thinks an oreo is a type of toilet cleaner.

End Game kind of fucked up his character in the final act. He was so much less menacing than in Infinity War, so I don't really care about him anymore

That was a different Thanos though.

Time travel in Endgame was a mistake.

I really want a 3 part Farmer Thanos movie. Each installment will be at least 180 minutes. Also, I want to try that weird spiky fruit thing he was harvesting.

As far as I'm concerned the MCU ended with Infinity War. They butchered Thanos' character by bringing in past Thanos and his destroy everything then reboot the universe from the ground up in his image. It was basically a different character, more like Darkseid then Thanos. My canon is everyone continues through life after the snap, Thanos uses the stones to set the universal population to always be the number after the snap, then uses the stones to destroy the stones. He lives his remaining life as a farmer. No more MCU movies for me until Dr Doom is brought in. Thanos did nothing wrong, even Captain America agrees after seeing a pod of whales in the now clean Hudson River.

muh first morally ambiguous villain

>Thanos did nothing wrong, even Captain America agrees after seeing a pod of whales in the now clean Hudson River.

That's all I wanted to hear.

>file from fucking 2014

Goddamn I've been here a long time.

Attached: thanos enters avengers 3.gif (413x262, 918K)

THANOS WSHOULD HAVE WON! FUCK THOSE KEK WRITERS! Thanos literally did nothing wrong!

Attached: Do it faggot.jpg (295x296, 31K)

Honestly, I liked him as a character best in IW and I kind of see where they were trying to go with him in Endgame but I think they kinda botched it. This nigga sold every scene he was in with sheer force of personality and body language, and I dearly wish that alternate cut of his meeting with Gamora was used to give him more nuance/make the dismissive characterisation in Endgame more justifiable

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uHN6x1P9TJQ

See? THIS is how you make your villains sympathetic but still have teeth.

Now having said all that, for better or worse I do think of him as a wholly separate character from Comics Thanos. He just comes across as having a wildly different set of delusions and validation needs.

See, that’s the thing. BATMAN and everyone attached to him sells, while the whole damn well for Superman has been poisoned for a generation

End Game shat the bed by killing past him in the opening instead of having him around for both present and past Thanos to measure and reflect on what they did/are going to do.

post IT

I'm with you OP, I love everything they've done with Thanos in the MCU. Great character.

>Past Thanos being the enemy is stupid as he doesnt know anybody or why they are kicking his ass

>Literally watched the memories of his daughter show his master stroke plan finally achieved
>Now see some dickheaded Earth retards actually found a way to reverse it

Agreed that 2014 Thanos was a bit jarring but him declaring his original plan isn't gonna work and he needs to just restart the entire universe was enough justification to have him be the climatic final enemy.

>Thanos did nothing wrong, even Captain America agrees after seeing a pod of whales in the now clean Hudson River.

Yes a couple whales (that are still endangered because Thanos still halved their population) are completely worth everyone in the world except Tony Stark being broken and miserable.

>Past Thanos being the enemy is stupid as he doesnt know anybody or why they are kicking his ass
I see you didnt watch the film. Was this your bathroom break?

>And now Thanos is a household name, literally
So are the rest of the Avengers, on par with Spidey and DC's trinity. It's mind-boggling as a fan.

I challenged my family to name a single, actual quote from “Justice League”.

After an hour I remember the “Save one.” Thing Batman says to Flash, and that’s only because I knew that was meant to be their breakout deep/emotional line of encouragement and inspiration.

I though he was a Skrull in weird lighting at the end of Avengers and I'm still ashamed to this day.

>what do you think of Thanos?
He went from a chad to a virgin in the span of a single film, fuck endgame

>Anything after Thanos like Galactus will feel boring, compared to the universal threat Thanos posed
It will feel boring because Thanos actually won. They can't do that again because it will feel like a rethread of Thanos, but not doing it will result in a villain looking like shit compared to Thanos.

Thats because galactus doesnt have that kind of presence the way Thanos or Darkseid do, he is just that big guy in soace, and most heroes will deal with his heralds instead.

this but unironically

DC should give up on making movies and focus on video games

I don't AGREE with thanos. I don't think I've ever agreed with a villains actions even though I might agree with his motivations.

But I did like seeing thanos get what he wanted in IW. I read that weird comic with thanos vs. Future thanos and lady death and I guess i empathize with a character with some bit of an ego about pride which is cool.

Haven't seen endgame yet.

Thanos is probably one of the few villains whose psychology changed my introspective on the whole villain thing. He is a psychopath, yet he strives for what he thinks is the greater good. Even though his greater good will mean that in real life clean water won't be a privilege anymore and we will live like back in the 1870s or shit like that.

Before the MCU Thanos came and changed my wiew on the character itself, I only knew him as a power-hungry galactic warlord and didn't even know he wanted to LITERALLY court Death until the hellhole that is Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. The character was outright evil and probably, if not actually, one of the biggest threats of the ENTIRE Marvel Multiverse, not even Universe, MULTIVERSE.

Now, as IW and Endgame are out, his entire psychology was changed from trying to conquer the universe to "saving" it. Not that I am opposed to this, but it actually creates an entire and separate character whose mind is different than the original comic book. It's like having two incarnations of Thanos. I wonder what might happen if he meets the Earth-616 comic book version.

Back in 2012 I heard some schmuck at school who thought he was the Hulk