ITT: stories that are just edgy for edge’s sake

ITT: stories that are just edgy for edge’s sake.

Attached: 0E91F850-02AB-45B1-BA54-4A2782195316.jpg (250x387, 30K)

If you actually read it for the story, kind of frustrating

Attached: RCO001_1466529326.jpg (1039x1600, 504K)

Most of Millar's indie line of work. Wanted, Nemesis, the Unfunnies...

it was a comedy, a parody of edgy 90s trends

I like to think the Gentry is the reason why Ruins exists.

Where's the joke then Fuckley

Ellis is such a hack

>edgy for edge's sake

There is no such thing. Forced edginess is to help manbabies who still like childish things feel less insecure about still enjoying childish things.

It's dark humor, I'm sorry it's too "mean spirited" for you. I think they still make Barneyshow comics though.

It's actually a dark satire of Marvels, you dumbass. It's not meant to be taken seriously.

I'd rather binge read the entirety of Crossed than read one issue of Bomb Queen.

Crossed at least has some nice spank material

Doesn’t stop it from being edgy, Ellis just scribbles up a bunch of shit that is just pure shock value.

This was just edgy beyond belief.

I do gotta give the artist props though, this is one of the most visually convincing hellscapes I've ever seen. It does convince me that everything is just fucked.

Attached: deleted.jpg (290x446, 78K)

Yeah cuz everybody was laughing and we still do...

the collective works of garth ennis

The violence in that is drawn by someone who knows how to run, hit things and break things. That Marvel 'floating shitheads talking and swinging' or the more current horrifying injuries all looks bland. This one isn't even edgy, it's meant to be the time leading up to the Flood, where God just says 'fuck this, i'm wiping these things out'.

I have to disagree on this because while edgy as fuck half his work isn't edgy for shock value like Johns.

95% of his work is edgy for shock value

What about the entirety of punk/goth/etc ?

Same, I could maybe suffer Bomb Queen if it was well written or the art really good but as it is I find it sad that it keeps getting published.

This. Take away the psychotic revelling in gory horror factor and his stuff is empty. At least Frank Miller had a kind of heaviness to his fascist shit. You could be forgiven for being impressed by the nest-level of violence when his stuff came out. Ennis is just pandering to that shut-in middle schooler wearing joker makeup.

A lot of What If? starring Deadpool or the Punisher.

The only good joke was “god found dead in space” the rest of it was boring. It’s should have been more far out, more body horror and less drama. They should have included Venom as a slime mold like creature that feasts off the oxygen in a human blood stream, slowly killing the host while causing the victim to hear voices. Or hell, just have a modicum of fun.

It’s so bland, every “dark end” feels canned.

b-but what about the scene where the big man looks sad

Attached: jrfg.jpg (975x1500, 590K)

I never understood the praise this got.

Marvel seems to have a lot of those types of stories.

Attached: C720AC92-5C2C-416B-B07A-F549A253A85D.jpg (550x799, 251K)

Dark Reign:Young Avengers had about two main characters that were white supremacists and one guy melts an old lady on accident.

It wasn't. Even Ellis admitted he was just being edgy and going overboard with it.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and defend "Ruins" by saying I think it's just supposed to be a "What If" horror story. I don't know if it qualifies as "edgey". But that's just my thoughts.

>obama
>having sex with a woman
el o el

This would be more fitting if it was in the DC universe instead.

KNOCKED BY BARACK

yeah this thing was gold

All I've learned from this thread is that Yea Forumsmblr thinks that anything darker than literally Barney is "edgy".
Make way, you fucking plebs.

Attached: d6609c79f679c8173ba8aec45930b2c6ba3a2902f4244a6a214c04e4f3eadb72.jpg (2154x3156, 1.23M)

The art was nice though, I can stomach it at least.

>mistaking gay for edge
pls

inb4 someone says The Boys

i mean i said
so you should probably read the thread

Pic-related

Attached: 8146IsZebNL.jpg (1028x1580, 347K)

yes, but you didn't say The Boys specifically now did you
fuck you

>The art was nice though, I can stomach it at least.
Oh, of course. It knows exactly what it is, and makes no apologies for what it is. The author was going for "Edgiest, gothiest shit he can manage", and passed with flying colors.

Faggot.
The Boys is wholesome.

I think MM suffers the most in that book followed immediately by Butcher and Hughie.

the reader suffers the most

That was pretty good though and it sucks that what made those characters interesting was largely lost in their few other appearances (i.e. that Enchantress wasn't even remotely villainous for example or that Executioner was more Punisher Jr. and wanted to kill villains).

Unironically this

I read this thing years ago, but I can't recall most of it, except sometimes the art was kinda neat

get better standards

I mean even with that in mind, it's clearly pretty edgy

Also Noah gets ripped apart by tigers so that kinda puts the kibosh on his ark

*Bush

Monkey.

Cates' "Death of the Inhumans" had a strong "Ultimatum" vibe, down to the mischaracterizations, continuity issues and pointless killing.

BTW no one mentioned Crossed? Or is that included in Ennis' body of work?

I never understood the criticism this got.

Because it was hella dope, dude! Thanos wins! Hulk just becomes a cannibal, Cosmic Ghost Rider is a character that exists for some reason, Thanos kills The Living Tribunal inexplicably, Death has the two Thanos fight for her then the other guy just begs to be killed and the other is like "kings do not beg" because whoa that's so cool and badass! Oh and don't forget the Silver Surfer becoming "The Fallen One" and using Mjolnir for some reason before getting his head impaled on it.
Just pure badass, dope fun!

Sure it's almost pure edge, but it's a different take on the Flood that I've never seen anything quite like.
Like Judas was written by reading in between the lines of the Gospels, but it just features three character, Satan, Judas, and Jesus.
Noah is another flood that also reads in between the lines and adds a period accurate antagonist in Tubal-Cain, but that's the biggest change it makes.
The Goddamned flips the script with a death seeking Cain and a dubiously blessed Noah.
I'm waiting for the next book for sure.

Double dubs of truth checked. I'd go as far as to say a lot of the brits that went to murca during that time slowly shit up comics way worse than the fuckwads that wanted to do storylines like CoIE and what the later boomer fucks did when they wrote the Ultimate Universe.

On that fucking note, what's with bongs being edgefags during the 70s up until the 00s where they suddenly became ultra-fags in real time and still do it while being jewtube stars? I get that punk was a thing during that time but this fucking thing is going into overdrive at this point. Most of the things beyond Judge Dredd either had superior american cartoon adaptations or were just utter shit and never even helped the medium despite what post-modernist faggots want to say.

Attached: snek_cheggem.jpg (700x512, 99K)

Isn't this supposed to be a parody? I don't know why this much effort was put into one and why it isn't funny.