You now remember Galactus cloud

you now remember Galactus cloud

Attached: Galactus_Cloud.jpg (562x291, 16K)

>People got mad about it not being a giant purple man

I always thought the design choice was brillant.

It's boring. It'll rather have a huge purple man with a bucket head when he's basically a non character and more like a plot point.

this, with the exception of being Silver Surfer's 'boss', which could be plausibly written out, Galactus might as well have been a meteor or some other non-conscious world ending event

>non character and more like a plot point
he was a force of nature, made sense for him to not have a fucking monologue

N.B: Saw the movie in the theatres and i remember it looking pretty menacing.
Also we are talking about decades ago, giant purple man would have looked like total crap with that cgi

Sad it was so formless. Giant face in the sky Parallax was creepy at least (there's a whole phobia abou looking into the sky and seeing a face).

but it wasn't formless, inside te cloud you could see Galactus' face

> unpopular opinion
a cosmic horror is much better than a purple dude

You're right that a cosmic horror is much better than a purple dude. Too bad even a purple giant in a funny hat is still better than poorly presented clouds.

>Parallax was creepy at least
Parallax was composed of evil diarrhea. That is always going to be disquieting on a basic level.

In theory. A badly done horror is just comedy.

Attached: 1531171752887.jpg (541x1224, 155K)

i liked those movies better than the mcu

I liked the helmet shadow.

Okay, that’s actually kinda creepy.

>you now remember Galactus cloud
No I don't.

How confused are people going to be when both Galactus and High Evolutionary make it into the MCU?

Groot?

If you're going to do that at least try to give him a more memorable design than just "space cloud"
Ellis' Gah-Lak-Tus was a far more inspired take on this idea

You now remember “”Mandarin””

Attached: A0095022-85CE-4C7B-9A80-EC18E0085675.jpg (480x479, 30K)

You thought wrong

Who did that?

>dude what if galactus was literally a force of nature

Pretty good this one.

We are reaching contrarian levels that are off the charts

You now remember the prison scene where it's revealed that there's a real Mandarin who isn't happy about his name being used by a con artist.

You now remember that literally nothing ever came out of this and it was just an asspull to silence any kind of criticism

>evil dark cloud
>cosmic horror
An impossibly large man looming over the world hits way more cosmic horror points than a fucking cloud.

I take less issue with that than with how little they managed to do with Silver Surfer. I'm serious, if SS's pathos and coolness was well done this movie would move up from okay to bretty gud.

If they ever end up making a Rhodey movie it'd make for an excellent villain, to connect him to the Iron Man movies while facing a more terrorist-y villain that fits with his airforce job. Then again, idiots would probably get confused and think they're already rebooting Iron Man.

Pretty good. This is Galactus concept art.

Attached: F4_Galactus_Arrives_HF_v002.jpg (1055x609, 124K)

If they kept him somewhat concealed behind that mist/smoke it would work really well for the more grounded approach they were going for.

THIS is how you do cosmic horror. Not a fucking nimbus cloud.

I'm not going to consider anything a reboot as long as it's legacies rather than shit like parallel universe Tony/Steve.

I don't know if I would call Tim Story's FF grounded.

Attached: chris-evans-michael-chiklis-fantastic-four-rise-of-the-silver-surfer-BPT6HP.jpg (1300x951, 221K)

Grounded in the sense that they obviously didn't think a giant purple man would be taken seriously

Which is weird because the movie really doesn't take the source material all that seriously regarding the FF themselves or even Doom, but SS and Galactus are treated like they're in a completely different movie.

>chiklis: haha, now i get to be captain america!

I'd heard a rumor that he may be in on the Shang Chi movie

Whoa cap, what happened to you?

It looks like a prolapsed anus

I heard a rumor that Mickey Mouse becomes a Jedi in the last Star Wars movie and then he gets invited to the Avengers in a post-credits scene

You have autism.

I got orangescale

Galactus's true form can't be comprehended and sentient beings interpret him in the way that most makes sense to their species. I guess the space cloud was ok but I would have liked to see the giant purple space man.

Attached: chadlactus.jpg (1920x1374, 209K)

People like you are why superhero movies were such shit in the early 2000's. Why Batman had a shitty tacticool armor in most of his movie incarnations and why the X-Men wore shitty black leather instead of actually looking like they do in the comics.

So how high up are you at WB or Sony?

>Chadlactus vs the Virgin Thanos

Galactus/Eon/Epoch?

A giant-ass brightly colored man is more unfeasible and upsetting than space gas. It should have been a plain, pale, purple humanoid figure.

Galactus is my favorite Marvel villain so on the one hand I'm disappointed to have never seen him in film. On the other hand I'm glad his only theatric appearance wasn't in such a bad movie. The first Fantastic 4 was passable, I can see people liking it, but the sequel was just bad.

Attached: galactus.jpg (1920x1080, 352K)

It's a shame too because it had the best and most comic book faithful Stan Lee cameo ever.

there is something about spider/insect eyes that triggers some old humanity fear I swear. I wonder if there is any reason that was lost with time.

Yes, but it would have been cool if the cloud showed up and materialized/could talk. Maybe something like in The Mummy where a vague sand face formed, you get a vague space face looming in the sky.

Attached: sandstorm-mummy-face.jpg (600x326, 24K)

Fpbp

Sadly I do and I never even saw the movie.

You now remember Smokeseid

Attached: 1483253551154.jpg (1280x720, 233K)

look at him, standing so menacingly in the middle of spess
what is he standing on?

We were never meant to know why the many black eyes of Galactus strike such fear.

What is the Earth standing on?

it's obviously hanging from a thread
duh

real question is what is the thread tied to?

What was Smokeseid's origin? Didn't he just possess people? Was he a New God?

You now remember Dummy Doom

Attached: DrDoom2015.png (419x504, 362K)

>(there's a whole phobia abou looking into the sky and seeing a face).

One of Philip K. Dick's best novels was inspired by an experience like that.

>In those days -- the early Sixties -- I wrote a great deal, and some of my best stories and novels emanated from that period. My wife wouldn't let me work in the house, so I rented a little shack for $15 a month and walked over to it each morning. This was out in the country.. All I saw on my walk to my shack were a few cows in their pastures and my own flock of sheep who never did anything but trudge along after the bell-sheep. I was terribly lonely, shut up by myself in my shack all day...

>...There I went, one day, walking down the country road to my shack, looking forward to 8 hours of writing, in total isolation from all other humans, and I looked up at the sky and saw a face. I didn't really see it, but the face was there, and it was not a human face; it was a vast visage of perfect evil. I realize now (and I think I dimly realised at the time) what caused me to see it: the months of isolation, of deprivation of human contact, in fact sensory deprivation as such... anyhow the visage could not be denied. It was immense; it filled a quarter of the sky. It had empty slots for eyes -- it was metal and cruel and, worst of all, it was God.

>I drove over to my church, Saint Columbia's Episcopal Church, and talked to my priest. He came to the conclusion that I had had a glimpse of Satan and gave me unction -- not supreme unction; just healing unction. It didn't do any good; the metal face in the sky remained. I had to walk along every day as it gazed down at me.

I don't think the Parallax version captured this either, but I do think there's something fundamentally terrifying about something both recognizably human and incomprehensibly bigger than you. It speaks to an infantile sense of fear and helplessness. The main challenge for a movie wouldn't be design, but establishing the proper sense of raw scale.

I don't remember, it was all left very vague by the (probably lazy) writers. I mean, Orion's entire presence in the show was a fucking bow, because they'd rather reference a constellation than the actual comics.

>Galactus's true form can't be comprehended and sentient beings interpret him in the way that most makes sense to their species

That's a concept that hasn't been used nearly enough with him.

Attached: Many faces of Galactus.jpg (551x820, 248K)

Turtles.

I'll never not remember that Chris Evans has been in tow separate Marvel universes. One of which went on to be the most successful franchise ever. Talk about 2nd chances.

Attached: rise-of-the-silver-surfer.png (640x270, 380K)

Well yeah but that's because we mostly see Earthling POVs of everything.

Galactus is always standing. Even if floating, even if lying down, his posture always assumes he's standing on solid ground. He thinks it looks cool, and nobody is going to tell him he looks like a dweeb.

Attached: Galactus Rising.png (442x558, 465K)

Attached: mountblade.jpg (800x500, 28K)

You now remember Samuel Sterns

Attached: 974580AB-91F3-439C-9616-E02D259612B1.jpg (1280x545, 57K)

No top hat

Now I'm just imagining Galactus "walking" in the vacuum of space because he forgot his ship

Four elephants

He should have gotten an extreme unction in the rectory

No Jack either but hey, you take what you can.

I liked how he looked when Beta Ray Bill first fought him.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (992x778, 88K)

Dick was a great writer but he had some serious mental issues.

Dick was a great writer because he had some serious mental issues.

>Talk about 2nd chances.
How many of them Ryan Reynolds had?

The "original" Deadpool and GL.