Does Yea Forums share the same dislike towards captain marvel as Yea Forums? I don't think she's that bad...

does Yea Forums share the same dislike towards captain marvel as Yea Forums? I don't think she's that bad. what does the rest of Yea Forums think?

Attached: pic.jpg (800x1000, 133K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CtVyl402W5s
youtube.com/watch?v=TZyl-21DgPo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

other than a punchable face and a terrible arse
i care little about brie and the character

I think most of the hate towards her is really directed at Brie Larson. She's just an unlikeable cunt and was horribly miscast for the role

Brie is a cute and perfect and Captain Marvel is the best.

Shes a poor actor but the actress seems nice at least. Yea Forums and Yea Forums just has a super hate boner for her because people can't leave /pol/ shit in /pol/ and have to have it infect their entire lives

Not even counting her actress, her character is just extraordinarily dull and boring

She can't act "tough" very well and her body is shit. Actually laughed at some parts of her fight with Thanos because her facial expressions were so fucking bad.

Attached: d0jkrcymr3y11.png (541x681, 468K)

The character is unlikable right now.
Used to be fun to read.

I don't care one way or another about Brie Larson. Sure she is annoying, but bitch ain't staying in my head.

While I’m sure a percent of people do have /pol/ reasons, her actress has a extremely huge ego and walks around with an attitude that is pretty abrasive. She certainly lacks the charisma that her fellow stars have

I like her. Triggering conservatives is a bonus.

Attached: CapMArveL.png (1280x1804, 2.19M)

>Dat forehead
Lol at least the artist is accurate there.

>, her actress has a extremely huge ego
Opinion dismissed, Brie having views you dislike has noting to do with CapM.
Leave your /pol/ butt hurt out of this.

>Leave your /pol/ butt hurt
Oh the irony!

Captain Marvel got a very obvious push in the comics, which hardly benefits any character really, especially not if it's pushed on a virtue-signalling agenda.

Carol Danvers as a character is fine, but they really wanted to make her into something that didn't fit the character's arc and progression, which made her unlikeable. You can't force an audience to like a character, they need to be popular first and then you can go an push them.

As for the movie. Brie Larson's performance was rather flat, and while it might have been the script that didn't allow her to emote and show range, she walked around with clenched fist during the entire movie.

But then Endgame came around and she turned into a deus ex machina, but extremely unlikable in the personality department, which made people just not care for her.

At this point the people who are really defending her, are defending her because of the image she represents, they're defending her because she is a symbol of a political agenda.

Same for Black Panther, a fun movie in and of itself, nothing spectacular, but the movie got hyped and tied to political ideals and all of a sudden Black Panther is a commentary on racism and black representation in big budget cinema.

I just don't find Brie attractive or a good fit for CM.

never particularly liked her as a character, Civil War II pushed it hard into dislike. Brie Larson made that worse.

I am convinced that if Marvel had not started that pounding advertising campaign saying that C. Marvel is the most powerful marvel hero, thebetter, the first, and that everyone must venerates her, fans in general would not be so triggered. The film was enough to say how powerful she was, but many fans perceived Captain Marvel as an imposition and clearly this thing did not please those had already become attached to the "Mcu veteran".

The situation went out of control and they then moved the thing about sexism as a self defense. Certainly trolls exist and Yea Forums/Reddit brings them together, but everyone finds Carol Mcu irritating while Wanda is respected and also very much loved.
Perhaps because Wanda has grown, a minor one, sure, from villan, to an awkward heroine, to a badass witch that more than anyone else has terrorized Thanos. People love this shit.

Also yes...I don't know how real is this, but Captain Marvel actress seems to be a wild horse. This doesn't help.

Attached: elizabeth-olsen-avengers.jpg (640x320, 158K)

Not all of us. Some of us have had sex.

Found the liberal /pol/ dipshit.

Attached: 1556137328386.jpg (468x895, 216K)

>Some of us have had sex.
And some of us have had sex with people outside of our family. Quit playing this game, child.

Attached: whoa-there.png (600x539, 258K)

Well said, completely agree.
I didnt watch CM before Endgame an i was just going: "ok... well this character seems OP"

Her views have jack shit to do with her ego. People who don’t even listen to her political ramblings have said she has a huge head

Random clickbait youtube channels don't count user.

I don't get why she gets the spotlight when the MCU already has a few (not a lot) good female characters.

On the plus side, making her overpowered means she won't be called for every engagement because it makes for poor drama, so there's gonna be a lot less screentime for her. I bet Brie Larson didn't think of that when they decided to make her the most powerful hero in the MCU.

>Movie
Boring and unlikeable. She has no comedic qualities and no character arc. Pretty much the worst qualities of Superman as in being an invincible deus ex machina. It's really no surprise they put Fury in her debut movie since SOMEONE had to actually emote.

>Actress
Unattractive and out of touch. There was no need for her to push race politics into Marvel movies.

Overall, she's probably one of the worst MCU females. Best being Black Widow, Scarlet Witch and Mantis.

Attached: 1550173505416.png (941x866, 514K)

I love her

>Dat forehead
that is clearly a fivehead and a small one at that

You sound like the writer of America.

Attached: aEZUGoX.jpg (1073x1650, 347K)

Agreed. She's a treasure.

>even hideous in her "attractive" fanart
OH NO NO NO !

Attached: 59f.png (548x428, 131K)

She's too dull to be disliked.
She's basically every complaint Superman gets by non-superman fans
Too boring
Too strong
Too contrived to be where she is
Too contrived to not be where she should be
Too stupid to contribute anything smart or witty
Not stupid enough to be funny in juvenile way like Hulk.

I was willing to give the character, dull as she was, a chance in endgame until she had to take a brunt of a power stone to be remotely phased.
I used to dismiss people complaining about how weak MCU Hulk is which I chalked up to having some tension in the film, but with captain marvel around I don't see any logical reason for the Avengers to lose, ever.

Attached: 1551848636440.jpg (208x242, 9K)

What glass dick are you sucking on??

Attached: dindunuffin.jpg (1328x1421, 56K)

I came in to say my peace why Brie Larson is an awful person, and how her sudden inclusion in the "end game" of the MCU but I think the thread did that for me. Captain Marvel is stupid as well.

I was a huge fan of Carol as Miss Marvel. Soon as DeCuntnick got her hands on her I was instantly repelled. Got turned from one and only Ms Marvel into 6th Captain Marvel, lost all personality to become a mouth piece and a tool of progressivism. So unlikeable she's bombed god knows how many runs and gotten a new #1 each time.

I'm actually impressed how the MCU followed to a T the shit job Marvel did when it tried to make her into the next big thing. You'd think they would have learned something.

And then of course there's Brie Larson who could not be more insufferable and unlikeable. It's like they were trying to make people hate Carol.

She's literally Roman Reigns. The character the company wants you to love at all costs even no one cares for her.

>She's literally Roman Reigns.
Could've said it better myself.

Jesus.

Don't compare us to Yea Forums. We are way bigger fags than they are.

I had a good laugh for her underuse in Endgame despite all that buildup

>has a extremely huge ego
Do you mean the jokes she makes in videos where she's joking around like the rest of her costars or is it something else?

Even her co-stars are put off, but ok, I'll bite.

Some critics dared point out flaws in one of her films. She retorted by saying she didn't need a 40 yo white man to tell her what didn't work for him on her movie because she didn't make it for him.

On Twitter, some normal dude with I guess some kind of blog dared write that her Directorial debut was meh. Not bad, just meh. Netflix retorted with full on damage control mode and listed all of her career highlights. Brie then retweeted Netflix's pat on the back to her.

Just off the top of my head. There's more around.

Oh, and Brie and Netflix publicly tweeting to that blogger caused all the SJW scum to attack said blogger until he basically erased himself from the platform.

For saying her movie was meh.

>reddit spacing
>fell for incel memes about best girl
You have to go back.

Is the American education system so fucked that you retards were seriously never taught not to write in huge blocks of text?

I don't mind her but they really should've introduced her after Endgame. Her last minute stand alone movie and her cameo screen time in Endgame gave her a really anemic start to her time in the MCU

She’s better than her comic version

No ass
One emotion
Shit personality

But enough about brie Larson, Captain Mommy can take the infinity gauntlet from my hands anyday

Pretty much this.
In the movie I had problems to understand the character, she was cocky without a reason (since she thought her powers were given to her but she couldn't use them freely), she was supposed to be super attached to Mar-vell but we don't really know why. For some reason they decided that is was more important to tell us that a pilot told her she wouldn't ever be a pilot which is completely irrelevant than telling us why the fuck she is attached with Mar.vell why she cares so much about her, which is core to the plot.

Haven't seen Endgame yet, but from her own movie: the character wasn't bad, but they made a pretty bad movie for her to be in. I feel like she was undermined by the side characters. Goofy Fury obsessed with the cute widdle kitty, preachy "best version of yourself" Rogg talking like an entrepeneur coaching scammer, incompetent Skrulls with idiotic lines like "he's my science guy". It's like they made everyone an idiot in order to make her seem better, but that just sabotages the main character. She can't seem cool and competent when everyone around her is a bumbling moron waiting for her to save the day.

Only character that didn't suffer from this was Maria Rambeau, but she's in very little of the story and by the time she enters the film it's already too late to save it.

And Jesus Christ is the feminism heavy-handed in this movie. I'm all for equality, but there was no nuance, no subtlety, just the most obvious black and white bullshit like I was watching a two-hour long He-Man post episode talk.

Based though honestly when aren't conservatives being triggered on here? Feels like every other thread is them whining about some new attack on them

only on Yea Forums can you be called a fag for liking an attractive woman.

>inb4 MuH ToE FuNgUs thO

Yeah, and Megan Fox had toe thumbs or whatever, that's irreverent. They're still lightyears out of any user's league here.

Brie is to skinny play the strongest character in the MCU
You look and say, uh?
And Captain Marvel is a character with no soul, no life.

Attached: 5777ca2d3bcafaf3616f9cc946d710a.jpg (198x255, 10K)

This page shows how Disney kill Marvel comics.
the dialogues and the art are everything that the readers do not want
and they keep making even with sales falling month by month

>DeCuntnick
I bet you're real proud of this one.
>She's literally Roman Reigns
OHHHH HE SAID IT, HE SAID THE THING!!! Now call her Gohan, I bet no one has said that one before either.

They sold more comics when it was Ms Marvel.and the art was of the highest quality.
And Ms Marvel was never a Mary Sue.

Attached: Captain Marvel - Carol Danvers - The Ms. Marvel Years Vol. 01-114.jpg (1988x3056, 2.23M)

>Literally the author in the bottom left panel
Embarrassing.

Not really. We've been hating on Carol long before she was pushed for a movie. I'd say it was around the time Marvel decided to dyke her out and threw away the leotard.

>And Ms Marvel was never a Mary Sue.

Ms.Marvel was great. I really like her at that time.

no, Carol is Yea Forums's queen

Attached: Carol Hawkeye.gif (500x247, 957K)

I cant fucking stand her

ya give me any source on that besides her just saying she wants the press tour to be more inclusive.

This and we had a few pages of similar for Carol, where it is just telling us "this character is awesome and you should like them" which doesn't play well with many people.

>miscast in the role
But Carol is self centered, arrogant, unlikeable, loud and flies head first ignorantly, Brie nails that perfectly. Problem is people weren’t aware that Carol is supposed to be an unlikable cunt

She's a forced and unearned addition to the MCU.

youtube.com/watch?v=CtVyl402W5s

Yes
All of her comics as CAptain Marvel have been bad or have failed. She's been rebooted six times and can only seem to do well on issue #1s after a new writer promises that they won't fuck her up.
Then they fuck her up, her comic tanks, and a reboot is on the horizon. She's yet to be successful in the medium in which she came from.

>Carol is supposed to be an unlikable cunt

No she isn't...

Okay, people need to stop 'a new volume' a 'reboot'. Marvel has NEVER had a real reboot.

This, Carol is Yea Forums's favorite character
Anybody you see hating on Carol is not Yea Forums

Attached: D4SOjQyUIAElM70.jpg large.jpg (433x650, 60K)

>Yea Forums and Yea Forums just has a super hate boner for her because people can't leave /pol/ shit in /pol/
If I remember right, didn't she bring up /pol/ shit by telling white guys not to see her movie?
It's not like people hate on, say, Scarlett Johansen for /pol/ reasons because, to the best of my knowledge, she doesn't bring up /pol/ shit.

even being ironic you are retarded

Imagine having an origin story film to introduce a deus ex machina character right before the end of your decades long franchise is about to come to a close and by the end of the film nobody knows who the fuck Captain Marvel is, least of all herself or the actor playing her.

She's just a big dumb superweapon there to ensure the good guys win by pulling whatever power is needed out of her flat ass.

She has said several times that she considers white men worthless and that she "doesn't want to listen to advice and opinions from white guys".
So you can assume she never listenened to her personal trainer, her dietician or her acting coach, and it certainly shows.

I like this Carol. She's really fun, and Brie delivered the role perfectly

>the actress seems nice at least

Attached: 1553390157619.jpg (576x432, 30K)

She has always been a complete bitch any time she deals with any other hero and even in her own ongoing she’s only a good person in her own head.

This is the SJW ethos in it's purest essence; force 'X' - which is supported by a minority - and act as though the majority overwhelmingly supports/loves 'X'. In fact the only people who don't support/love 'X' are a "tiny vocal minority of racists".

and yet her whole run is getting reprinted. cry more faggot

Attached: carol sells.jpg (823x785, 246K)

she never ever said anything like that. All she said was that she wants the press tour to be more diverse. THAT IS ALL. Quit feeling so threatened by that

>She has always been a complete bitch any time she deals with any other hero

Bullllll-shit.

This. Yea Forums bitched about carol before it was cool. That being said, i do think brie is fine as carol, but carol is so fucking unlikeable there isnt a way to make a great solo carol movie

upgrade with curves

Attached: kyliejenner.jpg (1080x1080, 193K)

This! people don't care if Wanda is powerful for example.

Nice legs
the curves complete the magic

Sponsors are not supposed to sleep with their clients, Tony!

I thought Rivera was brown, why her self-insert is white?

This

you are retarded kelly

>Now call her Gohan,

it has nothing in common.

My biggest exposure to the character was through Civil War II. It wasn't a positive experience.

She is basically like a wrestler that doesn't know how to sell a punch after being "punched".

Attached: hulk thumb up.png (237x224, 17K)

That is a mistake you have done, and one of a number of character Bendis has made a bigger mess on

I've always found Carol as a character incredibly dull and uninteresting, in the last decade or so Marvel's hamfisted attempts to build her up as the most important character have only served to make her presence in everything obnoxious. Also Brie Larson the actress that plays her in the MCU seems to be a bit of a narcissistic brat so all together this recipe makes for an boring obnoxious character that I have zero interest in.

You're forgetting the stupidity that was the hate train against it, which was overkill in response. Hours of political shitflinging and youtuber stroking the fire the movie did not deserve that boosted it far higher than if those idiots had for once had some restraint. No sympathy for that nonsense.

So this is the power of being brainwashed by Yea Forums and tribalism

Yea Forums is only for normies, Captain Marvel is the best superhero in the last 50 years, she's Goddess, perfection pure perfection, she's Christ in his, no, her real form, perfection

Attached: goddess.jpg (750x430, 39K)

yeah, apparently the movie went entirely over your head

>Captain Marvel is the best superhero in the last 50 years
Miss Marvel and Moongirl are both better

I actually really want to write Captain Marvel, but I'll never be allowed because my editor knows what I'd do with my run

Real Talk, Unstoppable Wasp is the best character created in the last 10 years

Attached: unstoppable wasp4.jpg (1987x3056, 1.15M)

tell me more

I can't really argue that either way since I haven't read it yet but I've only heard good things and it's been on my to read list for a few weeks

Dislike towards Captain Marvel? No, she's just boring
Dislike towards Cheese Larson? Yeah, she's a right cunt

I don't really care for her because my only exposure to her outside of Endgame (Which didn't leave an impression beyond spider /ss/) are guest appearances in comics that didn't do anything for me and three broadly awful issues of Civil War 2 that I'm still not sure why I read.

nice try but no, Carol/Brie is the best

Attached: PERFECTGODDESS.jpg (640x959, 99K)

On the off chance I get my wish I won't spill the whole thing, but
>Drunken hallucinations of Mar-Vell calling her on how she and the Avengers/Alpha Flight aren't really being heroes anymore, just attacking threats the government tells them to go beat up.
>Mind Adventures with Dr. Strange where Human Carol and Kree Carol kick the shit out of each other
>Space Vampires that eat stars coming to eat our sun

Seething Disney mom

you guys hate on male characters for being unattractive too, right?

Like who for example?

Yes, but what people don't realize is we hate on characters for having unattractive souls.

Sixpack is an ugly fucking mug, but Yea Forums loves him because he's a good boy and gives his life to save innocent people.

Captain Marvel is a bombshell but Yea Forums hates her because she's a needy self-obsessed control freak who keeps destroying the lives of her friends and tried to murder a 16 year old boy for POSSIBLY committing a crime in the future according to a psychic whose visions 60% of the time work every time.

She's a character nobody knows what to do with and prove that female fans only care about shallow traits instead of actual character beats.

RDJ is an arrogant douche but nobody dislikes him
Not even a feminist but the double standard is obvious

Who gives two flying tin fucks what the worst boards on Yea Forums thinks about ANYTHING? fuck them in their stupid fucking faces.

He's cool and funny

uh, user, I'm a Carolfag and I think you should reread what I posted.
I like those first two, can make her government cooperation very complicated. Kinda like EMH did but really extrapolate it

I think she's a lolcow, you can't just say that Cap. Marvel is stronger than Superman with a straight face. Normalfags claim to hate Superman for how powerful he is, yet she goes ahead and says that "muh character is even stronger than that one because I said so". She's baiting us, and she loves it.

Attached: Barret bored and withdrawn.png (306x350, 163K)

>yeah, apparently the movie went entirely over your head
Are you seriously about to claim that Captain Marvel was "2deep4u"?
I find the character flat and uninteresting it's an opinion, If you like her good for you.

I'd argue the biggest problem with the movie was that the hero was in an entirely different power class from the villains.

"Hero lost her memory, spent years being trained and molded by the villains, slowly realized that she was on the wrong side" is a decent enough story, and Carol's an all right character in most aspects.

But good grief, she's a character that can one-shot-kill Thanos' flagship, and she was up against a dude with a gun and a dude with some stun batons.

That's just not good for an action movie.

apparently too deep for YOU. not for most people

a model like Gadot did not deliver
an Oscar-winning actress was expected to
deliver but not delivered
easy money

Attached: 1557026537320.jpg (273x766, 39K)

Marvel didn't need superman when it was the Sentry or Hyperion and Marvel doesn't need superman when it's Captain Marvel either.

She was more interesting as a well-meaning but underperforming second-stringer with a drinking problem (e.g. her Warbird days with SHIELD) than she's ever been as Super-In-Charge-Not-A-Clinton-Metaphor.

I'm more interested in conflicted characters and personal struggle than I am in a character that almost literally has button that says "I win" sewn into them. I like Jessica Jones a lot, for example.

so you hate Superman?

Attached: 1080full-anna-nyström.jpg (1080x1252, 164K)

Should have just made it so any Kree can hit that powerlevel if they overcome their own mental blocks, and then after letting Carol run wild with her full power have whoever the fuck his name was overcome his so the final battle is one with stakes.

Captain Marvel was a man. Why do they always genderwash shit? Brie Larsen fucking sucks as an actress and the
>"you go-girl-ism"
...of the fucking Disney MCU needs to die. Disney is fucking up the entire brand.

Genderwashing is fake and gay. Make movies about female Marvel characters that already exist.

Attached: main-qimg-bb2f62b263501e64b267b816288d5b43.jpg (400x620, 149K)

>Superman fights three opponents better-trained than him with the same powers
As shitty as Man of Steel was you're full of shit and you know it.

>>coworker at work
>>Said she saw Shazam but was bored during it
>>"Superhero movies aren't really my thing"
>>LOVED Captain Marvel though cause of "Girl Power"

God no, Yea Forums has good taste and rightfully worships Carol.

Attached: fearless2019001_cov.jpg (1317x2000, 294K)

perfection

>Human Carol and Kree Carol kick the shit out of each other
>Kree Carol has the powers but human Carol rams her with a space shuttle

Attached: MI-new-Irish-American-Uncle-Sam-Census.jpg (710x450, 63K)

totally

Attached: carol danvers.jpg (630x891, 346K)

RDJ has charisma and acting ability

and he totally phoned it in during IM2 and Homecoming

Whatever dude

Attached: 1552242762999.jpg (680x383, 25K)

>i do think brie is fine as carol

That is... completely wrong.

Why though? Her run - sad though it is - is being reprinted. Can't imagine why, but there it is.

>Half Kree, half human
>Female at that, with all the complications it entails
>Has the memories of Mar-Vell somewhere inside her
>Is she a superhero or a soldier?
>Six or seven completely separate traumas
>Intimate connections with both the X-Men and the Avengers
>Cosmic hero; fought Deathbird, Super-Skrull, Brood and Master of the World
>Alcoholic
>Hate/ love relationship with Tony Stark that never gets sexual except in Ultimate Marvel
>Was a badass well before she got her powers
>Lost her personal memories on two separate occasions

Obnoxious? Yes.
Boring? Not unless the writer is extremely incompetent.

Good argument.

Horseshit. I know it's deliberate but I still want it on record. Her comic is the blandest thing this side of My Little Horses. It actually makes Squirrel Girl look dark and edgy.

I want her to go into heat for the first time because she finally hit Kree puberty.

Like who?
I mean, Jeremy Renner MAYBE.

She was literally a different character here.

fuck you, Unstoppable Wasp is one of the best looks at mental illness that the big two have ever done.

Attached: unstoppable wasp5.jpg (1987x3056, 1.04M)

>tried to murder a 16 year old boy

She wanted to take him into protective custody. She was written horribly, but let's not weaken our position by peddling lies.

The concept of the series was in essence strong and every aspect of the execution was an unquantifiable disaster.

The actor is arrogant?
I mean, I wouldn't know, but is he?

>Superman
Lex Luthor very nearly murders Superman with a shiny rock. He is saved by a woman.
>Superman 2
Three Kryptonian villains, each of whom is stronger than Superman, are finally defeated through trickery.
>Superman 3
A sentient supercomputer nearly murders Superman but is defeated through trickery.
>Superman 4
An imperfect Superman clone nearly murders Superman but is defeated through... um... I forget.
>Superman Returns
Lex Luthor very nearly murders Superman with a shiny rock which is much bigger than the last one.
...Okay, he simply survives that one.
>Man of Steel
Superman is up against someone who is a superior fighter in every way... and breaks his neck. Hmmm. Maybe this is not such a good example.
>Dawn of Justice
Superman is up against someone who is a superior fighter in every way and dies.

In short, Christopher Reeve FTW.

youtube.com/watch?v=TZyl-21DgPo

>Genderwashing is fake and gay

Gender is fake and gay.

Go to bed, Margaret.

>Why do they always genderwash shit?

Because it's been ten years and twenty movies and this is the first one with a female lead.
It;s too bad this is the one, but there you go.

I don't need a good argument to counter a factually false claim.

I agree.

That does not mean it's a worthwhile superhero comic.

I dug her solo film well enough. I think that if the only variety we're ever going to get to confident, headstrong witty MCU protags is that this one's a beautiful woman with cosmic god powers I'm cool with that. I like that she's brought a significant powerlevel boost to Marvel Cosmic heroes, since before this all we had were tactical Novas and the Guardians. Can't wait to see them all interact and the universe at large's reaction to Thanos, it's gonna be like reading post-Annhilation comics all over again.

But I really dislike the OP costume. And it sounds dumb for this to hinge purely on aesthetics, but when she changed her uniform in Endgame, that's when I finally got it and Carol as Captain Marvel made perfect sense. That's Captain Marvel's uniform. It's Genis and Phyla and Mar's outfit. Her solo costume just looks like a biker jacket, it's one step above CW-show tier.

Attached: DELETE.jpg (640x320, 29K)

good, Superhero comics are trash unless they try new things

I didn't see Captain Marvel. She did that thing at the start of the movie where the newcomer walks in and then just smugly acts like they own the place but whatever. She had a nice butt in one scene early on where she was wearing black pants. I don't think any of the hate is really warranted

Attached: 1398638079314.gif (500x355, 711K)

>this is the first one with a female lead.
that's Ant Man AND the Wasp, this is the first one with a female solo lead.

>She wanted to take him into protective custody.
Until he resisted and people tried to speak on his behalf.

And sometimes even when they do.

Like "The unstoppable Wasp".

And then Carol was going to murder Miles? Care to back that up with a page, user?

>try to save as "Anna Nystrom"
>"this file already exists"

I've never liked the character of Carol Danvers. The most interesting thing about her is that she lived in Rogue's head for years. Otherwise, she was not interesting as Ms. Marvel, Binary, Warbird or Captain Marvel. She is a generic white, blonde woman in her late 20s to early 30s and has basically been the worst example of that stereo-type of each decade I've tried to give her the benefit of the doubt in. Now she is the ANSI standard feminist THOT that really does not deserve everything being pushed on her, when there are so many better women in the Marvel universe.

I dislike any character that's forced on me this hard.

Well I do know to dislike her by proxy purely because of Dobson gushing over her, shitting on anyone who may or may not have legit dislike towards her.

SHE TARGETED US WHITE MALES

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: Hamblyface.png (427x570, 544K)

Nice tits though.

Some people have sex.

But not us.

Not us.

She is boring though, she could have the longest backstory in the world and it wouldn't change the fact that for the vast majority of her existence her character has simply been around but not doing much of interest, and more recently she has been little more than Marvel's version of Poochie.

But black panther literally was about racism in America.

Carol is supposed to be this tough super girl but she comes off as an insufferable cunt to me. Sam Jackson made her movie bearable I guess.

I mean, I wouldn't make a Superman movie where he fights Intergang (i.e. mobsters with lasers).

Superman has plenty of villains that are in his weight class.

In Captain Marvel they pitted someone that can take out star destroyers up against what was basically a handful of stormtroopers. There's just no threat there.

Attached: captainmarvel01.jpg (1200x675, 227K)

>I think most of the hate towards her is really directed at Brie Larson.
Carol always sucked in the comics, though.
There's literally just nothing likable there.

>She is basically like a wrestler that doesn't know how to sell a punch after being "punched".
I think it's significantly worse than that.
It's not merely "a wrestler that can't act". There are tons of those. What makes this different is that not only can the wrestler not act, but it's like the WWE telling you over and over again "OH LOOK, IT'S YOUR FAVORITE WRESTLER! YOU LIKE THIS WRESTLER THE BEST! THEY ARE BETTER THAN ALL THE OTHER WRESTLERS", when literally everybody hates them.

She had her fans even though Civil War 2 damaged her pretty hard, but it's still mostly the actress. Don't get how her in particular sparked this much shit storming since she's not the only white dumbass actor to say dumbass things. You had assholes trying to use Alita to make a political statement, which was fucking embarrassing

>Don't get how her in particular sparked this much shit storming
Because no other character has even remotely been shilled this hard by the Mouse, despite having absolutely nothing to like.

>There's literally just nothing likable there.

I mean, they've done a good job in the past taking characters with little in their favor in the books and making them likable on the big screen. M'Baku has actual fans now.

Carol being the Roman Reigns of the Marvel Universe is old news.

I really wish more storytellers got this.
Strong isn't conveyed by how effortless something is, but by showing how there's a great effort but also successful.

There's a vast difference between turning an obscure character into a likable one by giving them more attention, and taking Captain Cancellation and thinking that all the shilling in the world will change anything, while doing nothing to make the character likable.

I agree, and him phoning it in as Tony Stark is still not only leagues more interesting and entertaining than Brie Larson's Captain Marvel, but still better than most of the MCU actors in general. RDJ's just got that magic that Brie Larson doesn't in the improv/comedy department.

Then again, I don't know how much of that has to do with Brie Larson's chops as an actress or the script, because her lines, arc, and overall script seem to be built around the idea of crafting the dullest superhero ever.

That is completely false. Elsa, BP, Sparrow, Malefinct, there's tons of Disney characters in their history that has been shilled harder.

Even Tony was shilled so hard they changed Spiderman's origin to wank him further. Captain Marvel has nothing on that.

I hate Zack Snyder's version, which is the closest to Carol. Right down to the failed attempt at generating empathy via flashbacks.
But of course, much like Carol, Snyder's Superman is lionized by contrarian fucks here that hate comics but love shitposting. Incels here, Comfyfags there. It's all the same shit; assholes and autists excusing characters that lack charisma because it justifies their shitty personalities.

All of those characters were likable.
Even new characters like Elsa caught on because, oh look, people liked them.
Captain Marvel has been nothing but a complete failure since she took "the mantle". As far as the actor goes, didn't Brie just recently have another movie come out that completely and utterly bombed?

Because literally everyone likes Tony. He’s arrogant, but he’s funny, not annoying, cool in the sense of his technology use and personality, has actual emotion that really shows at times, isn’t a one man army yet at the same time needs the help of others sometimes in battle, etc. He’s just really popular so no shit he’s shilled so much.

>Boring? Not unless the writer is extremely incompetent.
Then Carol has the worst fucking luck because amnesia and time travel are baby's first steps.

Thats after he paid his dues carrying the franchise

i dont read a ton of comics desu but this has to be up there with some of the most embarrassing shit ive ever seen
i hope someone can post something on the opposite side of the spectrum that is just as bad but i cant even imagine it

This.
Fucking retards are putting the cart before the horse.
Iron Man was put at the forefront because both the character and the actor proved to be popular. He wasn't "shilled", he was utilized, because everyone had said "Yes, we want to see more of this."
Captain Fungus was the complete opposite. For reasons unbeknown to us mortals, The Mouse decided that this was going to be their "New Main Character", despite the fact that nobody has ever liked the character, and nobody actually likes Brie Larson.
The former was a reaction to fan input. The latter was literally The Mouse trying to tell everyone "YOU MUST LIKE THIS CHARACTER", and failing spectacularly. I can't help but feel like this was some kind of failed experiment in social conditioning, just to see how much they could try to influence people into liking something.

I've never liked Stark just his technology and concepts around him. He's a horrible person and most people think that.

> fungus
Pol/ please leave

Maybe in the comics. MCU Tony is pretty well liked

>He's a horrible person and most people think that.
He's a multidimensional character, instead of being an over-powered Mary Sure.

>He's a horrible person and most people think that.
I’m sure that his technology was the only reason for people liking him and causing three movies in his name that were all hits and why so many people got sad when he died saving everyone.

Being a shitty person at least gives him a redemption/screw up cycle. Carol's got nothing. Even less than nothing ever since the brain tumor thing. Marvel can't even decide what her origin is yet because now her mom is a kree?

Likablity doesn't matter. You claimed the mouse shilled her harder than anyone when she's nowhere near as much as the ones I've mentioned. If anything her haters promoted her more than the mouse with all those hours spent screeching about her to the point you couldn't throw a rock without hitting an youtube video bitching about her.

Found a conservative /pol/ dipshit

I dislike brie Larson. Captain marvel is meh.

Is this the MCU version of "if you actively shit on readers, they'll buy your comics", despite the comics selling like shit?

Attached: 1C4D6A32-B73C-40DF-B6A5-EB056D4F8BEC.png (1372x789, 1.24M)

Attached: 0EF22A25-D704-4AA8-80F7-A98D66E3CD0D.jpg (366x473, 73K)

kek

Yeah, and most moviegoers aren't used to that trick plus Disney is a hell of a lot better at selling that trick that Marvel.

didn't see her movie
thought she was fine in endgame

Underrated post

The most interesting thing of Carol's career is being in a coma and having an X-man use her powers more memorably.

Carol was never in a coma, leave casual

This is a case where the hate is mainly because of her so-called "fans". Because otherwise, I think she's just undercooked as an established hero.

I know for a fact that Dobson thinks she's the greatest female hero ever created says all you need to know about her fans.

It's becoming clear to me that the best way to parody her is to show her for what she is, minus the sugarcoating. No need for embellishments.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Ms. Marvel was more a more interesting character as eye candy than Captain Marvel has been in an attempt at making a leading woman fighting for something. Current Carol's been eager to strap on the jack boots and trample everyone in her way the minute someone told her it was the right thing to do.

Ms. Marvel had flaws, some humongous ones in fact that she would have to deal with, but she could usually be counted on to do the right thing until Civil War.

Captain Marvel has top billing only because that's all the character is written as, her flaws are never even addressed on the pages even though they're glaringly evident, and god help you if you have a different opinion than she does.

She's fucking terrible since Marvel kicked her old character out the door and introduced the new one. She used to be a tortured alcoholic who was legitimately interesting to read about. Now she's a snarky Hal Jordan type that bosses all the other heroes around because editorial wants her to be front and center. Brie is ironically the same as nu-Carol personality wise. Her costars even seem to dislike her. So yeah, Yea Forums largely holds the same opinion as Yea Forums regarding Captain Marvel.

>She used to be a tortured alcoholic who was legitimately interesting to read about.
I'll agree she was -more- interesting, but lets not get ahead of ourselves... pretty much every other character with the "alcoholism" arc did it better.

RDJ is an ex-con who did hard prison time. You're really comparing him to brie arson?

>because people can't leave /pol/ shit in /pol/ and have to have it infect their entire lives
SHE can't leave "/pol/ shit in /pol/", you fucking cocksucker.

You've got countless actors, directors, and media producers vehemently insisting that their content be a reflection of their political leanings, and the moment I say "No, that's stupid, stop inserting this shit", suddenly I'm the one being too political? That's fucking retarded. Why is it that the only time I'm allowed to discuss their leanings which VERY EXPLICITLY influence their work is when I demonstrate unwavering support for their philosophies? It's professional shitposting.

>yfw you are less likable than a heroine addicted felon

>ctrl + f "/pol/"
>1 out of 20 displayed

RENT FREE

Neither can a lot of actors and actresses. There is always some actor or actress mouthing off about trump or politics. Hell Gunn had his career threatened over dipshits mad about his trump comments on twitter. Yet Brie is the line in the sand that gets this much of a shitstorm? What makes her special?

>Yet Brie is the line in the sand that gets this much of a shitstorm? What makes her special?
Nigger, who the fuck said she was the line in the sand? That line has been crossed countless times with similar controversies.
Do you really think my distaste is unique to her? That this shitstorm is "one of a kind"? How daft are you?

Attached: 1333933723943.gif (400x225, 1M)

>How daft are you?
He's a Brie/Carolfag. I'd say pretty daft is the obvious conclusion

>shitting on education while thinking a paragraph is a huge block of text

She's a garbage politically pandering character.

Captain marvel stinks, brie has just extended that stinkiness.

>Reddit spacing
Reddit spacing isn't a real thing.
It's never been a real thing.
If you think it's from Reddit, it's because you're from reddit.

Attached: cookie dough.jpg (931x639, 62K)