I don't get it

I don't get it

I seem to recall some sort of controversy because Tiana was too fair skinned in the Wreck it Ralph 2 trailer, so they announced they will change it in the movie ?

But she looks exactly the same ???? They didn't change anything ????

What was all that about ???

Attached: 42189772_10156526080091067_7837910694920978432_n.jpg (367x444, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discrimination_based_on_skin_color
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Press Stunt or whatever it's called

Heartbleeders and tumblrinas have the same attention span of goldfish.

Publicity stunt.

Gesundheit

"Apparently" she was too light skinned, especially when compared to her 2d animated version, and Disney was accused of whitewashing.
>mind you, the difference in hues was very, very small and was mostly attributed to lighting and the change from 2D in a movie that was largely based in dark environments to a 3D movie where she's mostly in bright-as-fuck disney palace rooms

Also apparently a vocal minority in the black population are super critical of 'light skinned' black people. I'd call it racism except it's against it's against a lighter skinned version of the same race so... I don't fucking know?

Attached: 1460354397134.gif (300x254, 590K)

im surprised they weren't more outraged over chun li being white

Attached: Ralph-Breaks-the-Internet-TV-Spot-Features-Chun-Li-from-Street-Fighter.png (640x311, 249K)

it's called colorism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discrimination_based_on_skin_color

I hate people.

Attached: 1477685986869.png (480x360, 68K)

she has always been white

Attached: tenor.gif (498x402, 2.14M)

what makes you think that ?

That's a cute Satan

I learned how to distinguish colors in kindergarten

>Also apparently a vocal minority in the black population are super critical of 'light skinned' black people. I'd call it racism except it's against it's against a lighter skinned version of the same race so... I don't fucking know?

The fuck? Is this really a thing?

Chun Li is supposed to be Chinese and has brown eyes. In Ralph Breaks the Internet her face is closer to the white Disney princess than it is to Mulan's face and her eyes are blue.

Attached: princessmulan.jpg (900x900, 127K)

Chinese are white

Don Lemon calls it COLORISM. Eh...I think it's stupid.

Why are you uptalking, you titgrowing transvestite?

Type like a normal human being and I'll properly engage in your future threads.

>implying anyone wants an autistic grammarsperg to engage in their threads

Yes it is and it's a very complicated subject that isn't limited to just black people.

Yes. It's where DJ Yella from NWA gets his stage name. It goes back to Slavery, where lighter skinned slaves could work in the house and got whipped less often, or to the Pre-Civil Rights day where if you were light enough you could pass for a white person and reap the various benefits.

>if you were light enough you could pass for a white person and reap the various benefits.
Okay I'm calling bullshit to this post. If you are "white enough" in Pre-Reconstruction Era then you were practically white all around. Or an albino african with a smaller shnozz and unusually thin lips, and wore a hat.

Attached: 1459456935977.jpg (476x356, 53K)

She's lighter and has loose hair which wasn't in her original design.
We aren't critical dumbshit, we're mad that even though the vast majority of black people are dark skinned we have to water down our image to make sure we're perceived as white adjacent to make the masses comfortable. Inb4, not all black people are dark, obviously but most are.
Colorism is a complicated issue, not surprised the white people on here would find a way to make lighter skinned people the victims when it's been shown that the issue actually exists to their benefit. However it doesn't really exist in my country since the mixed people there are mutts produced from arab people/bantu slaves and are not ethically cushitic so they don't hold any power.
I think that instance is rare though, most black countries worship their mutt populations.

I don't get it, why the hate? Most african americans are lighter skinned compared to africans living in africa.

>too fair skinned
>Tiana
She's looks pretty dark to me. Also those were just dumbass niggas that has never seen "The Princess and the Frog" and don't know about the development of Tiana's character design and that she was to be called Maddie and looked more black than her final character design. What they should be more concerned about is that the black girl spent 80% of her film as a frog.

>She's lighter and has loose hair which wasn't in her original design.
Did we watch the same movie? Her hair was that 4a wavy hair. She was going to have the big afro textured hair but it was deemed racist by y'all niggas. Also there is the fucking lighting jack ass.

>he vast majority of black people are dark skinned
Since the fuck when? Unless your ass is 100% genuine negro which I highly doubt.

>Colorism is a complicated issue
No it's not. It's racism plain and simple. Niggas gotta hate on light skinned people because the have a inferiority complex. Y'all won't accept biracials when the other part of their heritage don't want them. I didn't know you have to be black as midnight and decedent from slaves to be considered black enough for you stupid ass people.

so all this time I've been a colorist and not a racist? LOL

Based

i'm female

They hate you more, loser

how do i get a caramel gf ?

Attached: BBM6BtP.jpg (381x400, 12K)

Is anyone else unable to open images by clicking on the image? I can do it by clicking on the filename but the other way keeps giving me the red 404 pop up.

Then congratulations, you sound like the very dumb caligurls trannies try to emulate with their constant speech patterns.

But the dark skinned black population is on a decline
More and more interracial marriage already has an effect in a couple

According to black nationlists in a couple genratons the black population in the UD would be bred out as the black rate is decreasing and just slightly above whites

They made her lighter when the character was originally darker skinned but not necessarily dark skinned,. It's like if they took Moana, who is also pretty brown, and made her pale or something.

It's about design integrity and correcting it is simple, don't make a big deal out of it.

>don't make a big deal out of it.
The "progressives" are the ones who made a big deal out of it.

Are you obtuse? Most black people are brown or dark skinned, not beige.

Tiana is definitely dark skinned

Attached: 77EBE01F-1F9B-4856-B301-3FC6DB1BEB63.jpg (300x300, 22K)

It’s funny that you think you even have to be 100% African to be dark skinned. Also, light skinned and biracial are not interchangeable terms.

Saying exaggerated shit like ‘we have to be black as midnight to be black enough!’ is wholly dishonest. Dark skin = dark brown. It never meant you had to be tar pitch black and you know it.

Claiming black people have an ‘inferiority complex’ just for pointing out the obvious (dark skinned characters routinely turned lighter skinned) is amusing considering you wouldn’t say this about white people who have also noticed the same thing.

Colorism exists in Asian, Indian and Hispanic communities as well. Hell you could even argue White communities have their own form of colorism (blonde vs brunette, blue eyes vs brown).

also people aren't going outside as much

Yes it is. There's a novel called Passing where that's the entire subject and even delves into the idea of colorism. It's a short and pretty easy read. I'm not much for African American lit but I teach that and Do the Right Thing every so often to switch up my usual routine

The main problem is that compared to her 2D form she's a completely different person. She looks absolutely nothing how she originally looks.

>how come your 2D version niggerer than you?