Even Howard the duck was invited to the battle . lol

Even Howard the duck was invited to the battle . lol.

Attached: inside-defenders-marvel-netflix-show-9e7ebd36-dcb2-42a5-8279-2d5f54fc39c7.jpg (1600x1156, 532K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=djAhwNzf8Qs
digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a27440595/marvel-agents-of-shield-ming-na-wen-confirms-series-departed-mcu/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

didn't they namedrop the defenders somewhere?

One of these days, I'm going to watch through the entirety of Netflix Marvel. S1 of DD and JJ were both comfy, even for all the latter's flaws.

Aside from Luke and Matt, I don’t see what the others can do that sets them apart, isn’t Jessica just strong?

That's kinda moot when the final battle had Hawkeye and a ton of other characters there who were basically just human, like the Wakandan forces.

Marvel just fucks over it’s connected shows so much... it’s really baffling.

Like if you don’t want the shows connected to the movie verse don’t connect them to begin with

He was invited, he just didn't notice that a portal was opened.

It has me worried that The MCU will just ignore the Disney+ shows so why even bother paying for the subscription if they aren’t going to be in continuity

Face it, it would've been jarring as hell to throw 4 street level heroes into this cosmic battle without time to build it up properly. And they had no time with a cast this huge and a story this long. It's still canon though. A martial arts guy, bulletproof guy, a blind guy with sonar, and a strong flying detective would not have made a huge difference in the battle anyway. There has been no backstory for Howard meaning there's nothing to ruin and he fits in a larger than life setting so he can be thrown in without seeming out of place.

Wasn't Foggy at the community meeting with Cap where that man was talking about going on a date.

Yeah but they fit in larger than life settings, Wakanda is a sci-fi land with flying saucers, Hawkeye has fought Loki and Ultron and Thanos. The Defenders have been more grounded, you can't just throw them in without it feeling weird to fans of the show and confusing to non-fans.

Fuck those shitty shows. Only Daredevil was watchable.

Not canon

She is a flyer. but poor flyer. Dont have much training.

They were never connected

I can't see the appeal.

Now imagine what there two can do to the army with Movie CGI.

Attached: quake_and_ghost_rider_by_mayfuite_dakga3e-pre.jpg (981x815, 107K)

Doesn't she just jump good?

no he wasnt. Wouldnt have been nice.

I can't see the appeal of those shows in general. Drab, boring, drawn out and unsatisfying. Going from True Detective season 1 to Jessica Jones season 1 was like eating shit after a lovely meal.

Interviews have stated that the Disney+ shows are 100% going to affect future films.

Yes. thats only because she has the power of flight. She is just lazy/ uninterested to try that.

How does that work? Did strange send them an Invite and they had to RSVP? But it wasn't in braile so Matt had no idea what he was given? Is that what you mean by invite? I know Matt can read regular writing by "feeling" the ink on the paper I'm just saying a joke no need for autism

Disney+ is overseen by kevin. It will get connected.

Nope the Defenders are non canon.

They can continue to be non canon.

It's just a one-way relationship.

I'll just pretend my man Daredevil was there. The rest I don't care about.

Every one of them was good, except maybe Iron Fist, but it wasn't terrible either. Punisher's conspiracy angle was a poor choice but it was still entertaining. Compared to the CW superhero shows for example they were much better.

You have low standards.
They were all shit.

>movies-senpai just won't notice us

that's because howard the duck is canon

Compared to what? Compared to other cape shows they were good.

Daredevil and Jessica Johnes were good.
Name a better superhero show.

Compared to actual good shows they're garbage.
>being better than CW trash
Wow, what an achievement.
>Jessica Jones
>good
Fuck off.
Legion is much better and has a vastly better villain than Boregrave.

Attached: farouk2.jpg (1400x700, 65K)

Underrated

wow imagine the sensory inputs he gets after the portal and how confused he will be.

Legion is good too, but seems only vaguely related to the comics. The Netflix shows did change a lot but are still much closer.

>Like if you don’t want the shows connected to the movie verse don’t connect them to begin with

But that's exactly what's been the case from the beginning. The Marvel Cinematic Universe was always made exclusively by Marvel Studios. Whatever is made outside of that company doesn't count. Even if other companies, such as Marvel Entertainment (who are the ones who produce the TV and Netflix shows) insist otherwise. The MCU is not, nor has ever been, obliged to be beholden or influenced by anything that was not made by Marvel Studios.

The shows were never going to be relevant. I mean, telling people watching films "To understand this character, watch 24 hours of this long and filler stuffed show!" The Netflix shows didn't only isolate their younger audience cause of their content, but their content was way too long to be coherent and got worse as they went on. The Hand went from mysterious ninjas to suddenly an evil business that used goons with guns.

Like, Netflix Marvel is what the MCU would have been if Feige didn't oversee everything. They had no plan and they made up shit as they went. It was a game of telephone except the future players didn't know as much to keep things going.

>dude’s just sitting down doing paperwork
>suddenly a loud ass spark circle opens up behind him
>a literal warzone too
>he hears the engines of spacecrafts and yelling in African languages
>picks up briefcase and runs the fuck home

Not being influenced by it doesn't mean it's not canon. If it was a different continuity they had plenty of time to say as much, and would have.

Who cares if they're closer to comics? As shows they're still dull shit.
I wish I could go back in time and convince myself to never watch the boring shitfest that is Jessica Jones which retards all over the internet found "tense, interesting and scary" for some unknown reason.

Killgrave was awesome. The way he can casually make people kill themselves for his amusement. He doesn't know any better since everyone has done whatever he told them for so long. He was very interesting to me. What didn't you like about him?

>Not being influenced by it doesn't mean it's not canon.
Maybe, but it certainly helps to establish that it is.

>If it was a different continuity they had plenty of time to say as much
Indeed. Thing is, they shouldn't have to because anyone with a ounce of intelligence can tell how easily they aren't the same continuity.

Though there have been a few statements over the years by people who work on the MCU that the shows aren't canon. I think even Feige himself said that if they ever used characters that were used in the shows that they'd totally recast them and change their stories beyond the essential beats to distance them from the shows. Hell, I even recall hearing that Clark Gregg was pissed at one point because his show wasn't accepted as canon to the MCU.

Do yourself a favor and don't do that. Just watch Daredevil. Season 2 of JJ has no direction and Iron Fist lacks both direction and budget. You never even see K'un-Lun despite the fact that season 1 is supposed to be an origin story.

How is it any different from comics?
Not everything needs to be part of the big ebin crossover in space. Allowing characters who work best on a small scale to stay in their corner rather than fucking them up sending them to fight aliens is a good idea.

I mean, it'd be cool for Cap and DD to meet, but they operate in entirely different worlds, on entirely different scales.

>I think even Feige himself said that if they ever used characters that were used in the shows that they'd totally recast them and change their stories beyond the essential beats to distance them from the shows.
Source: Your ass

Kilgrave was dogshit. Just a whiny spoiled manchild, that's not interesting. I've already seen Dandy Mott.
>The way he can casually make people kill themselves for his amusement.
Is boring. Hell, I can easily think of hundreds ways of making mind control actually unsettling and they don't even involve retarded gore (speaking of which, his father's death scene was hilarious).
>What didn't you like about him?
Maybe the fact that he was a boring obsessive psychopath and I didn't find him interesting in the slightest. Making your villain pure evil is always boring.
Maybe the fact that we wasn't scary at all.
Maybe the fact that I already seen "psychological abuser/victim" relationship shown in more interesting ways on Hannibal so it seemed stale and dull.
Maybe the fact that it's hard to take him seriously as a thread given how stupid he is and how easily he falls for obvious traps.
Take your pick.

Agents of Shield just confirmed its non canon by not showing the snap.

No it's just part of a splintered timeline, still canon

He wasn't pure evil, he was, like you said, a manchild. If any one of us grew up with the ability to make anyone do whatever we told them to we would not develop normal morals, we would be like him. If just asking a girl to have sex with you would make it happen you would have trouble wrapping your head around the point of getting consent. If you could just ask someone at a restaurant to give you an expensive meal, it would seem like a waste of time to work for a living and pay for things. Although his actions were awful I had some sympathy for him because he never had a chance to learn right from wrong. His powers are scary because of how casually and nonchalantly he can destroy someone without even thinking about it. He can tell you to stay in a closet and be quiet and he could just forget about you while you starve to death and piss and shit yourself, unable to call for help because your body is not under your own control.

I haven't been watching it so I'm not sure how clear the timeline is on it but could it not just have not reached the point in time where the snap occured? Couldn't the show end before that stuff even happened?

He was pure evil. It doesn't matter what the intent is (which you don't fucking have to spell out, I know it without you), the end result is a cartoonishly evil villain with no chance of redemption which is boring.
>His powers are scary
No, they're not. You don't understand anything about actual horror.

Agents of Shield and Agent Carter got a shout out though...

It finished right before the snap and it's a year later(?) It's an odd situation, but they knew some aspects of Endgame beforehand but couldn't ref it on the off chance their air date changed.

Neither can Matt

Why does he need a chance at redemption to be a good villain? His powers are scary if you put yourself in the shoes of someone under the sway of his commands. Scarier than most cape villains like Vulture or Loki or Bane. But it is a superhero show, not a horror movie, so it's not trying to be the scariest thing ever.

Maybe because it offers actual complexity? And not just "he's a spoiled brat so that's complex" bullshit.
Nope, still not scary. Making someone retardedly powerful is not scary no matter how it affects the victims. Freddy Krueger is insanely powerful and it'd be much worse to be in his clutches and he hasn't been scary ever since the first movie.
>Scarier than most cape villains
No. Purple Man is and always will be a joke.
>it's not trying to be the scariest thing ever.
Except it's trying (and painfully failing) to be a psychological horror show. If you can't make that scary then of course you'd end up with a boring product. So yes, maybe it should have tried to be actually scary.

>Agent Carter
Agent Carter did and Feige produced that. Shield did not get anything.

>splintered timeline,
so non canon from the movies. It's the same shit.

Some people commit actions that are too bad for them to be redeemed from, and have powers that make them too dangerous to just imprison. Redeemable villains can be good too like in Raimi Spider-man, but do it too much and it gets boring. You don't give any good reasons why you don't find him scary or what would make him scarier. It didn't work for you, fine, that doesn't make it shit.

No it's still fucking canon, just like Loki escaping with the tessract is still canon

I'm fully aware that Iron Fist is supposed to suck, user. It's the only one I was thinking about skipping.

>it gets boring.
No, it doesn't. You know what gets boring extremely quickly? MUH PURE EVIL assholes. Even psychopathic assholes in good movies have redeeming moments which make them more interesting, case in point pic related.
>You don't give any good reasons why you don't find him scary
I gave you a reason. I understand horror and you don't. "LOL KILL URSELF XD" is not scary. There's no tension, no suspense. Fucking nothing that makes horror horror. Here, have examples of what is actually bone-chilling and not just some dumb faggot in a purple suit giving people commands.

Fucking X-Files episode with a mind-controller had more of that than the entirety of Jessica Jones.
>or what would make him scarier
Gee, I dunno. Take some cues from Legion which actually had scary moments.
> that doesn't make it shit.
Everything I said in makes it shit.

Attached: Henry.jpg (1200x675, 86K)

Shit, my example fell off.
youtube.com/watch?v=djAhwNzf8Qs

Doubt it

Eh, the whole thing with Netflix Marvel was that it was supposed to be set in the MCU anyway, and they reference the Battle of New York like constantly, at least in DD and JJ S1, so we know that the Netflix shows were connected to the MCU, if not the other way around. Fans of the shows would know they were (supposedly) set in the MCU, so it wouldn't really be jarring.

Jesus, are you the guy that always fucks up my shonens by giving the villains forced redemption arcs?

"Complexity" is not the end-all be-all of character writing you seem to think it is, particularly when it goes so completely against the character concept. It would also fuck up the dynamic between the characters in JJ beyond recognition if Kilgrave decided to become a responsible adult out of nowhere at the last second

All of these shows should've beenset n the 70s so they could've been their own thing and. When New York was actually super dangerous

Getting SOUL BROTHA Luke Cage, complete with the afro and the tiara, plus a general 70's martial arts meets blaxploitation vibe like the comics would've been fucking amazing.

Honestly, I'm cool with what the Netflix shows were trying to do just on a conceptual level...except for how fucking badly they fucked Iron Fist. Literally the one with the MOST potential there and they fucked it up so goddamn hard.

Redeeming qualities =/= actual redemption. You can be a monster and still have semblance of standards and humanized traits so you're not just some moustache-twirling cunt.
> against the character concept
If complexity goes against the character concept it's a shit character.
>changed the dynamic
You mean, would've made it actually interesting and would've kept the viewer on the edge of their seat guessing if the show even tried to pretend that he has a chance of becoming a good person in that episode?

>just like Loki escaping with the tessract is still canon
but that was an alternat timeline. This show followed Infinity War and made the snap not make sense. It's non canon.

No it's canon. If it's shown on screen it's canon

It's non canon. It makes sense. Beiung shown on a screen means nothing. If it's one year later and has no mention of the snap then it's non canon to the movies and the MCU.

Canon fags seething since Endgame, lmao.

>lmao

Attached: svfos9.jpg (1024x1451, 309K)

How can marflix even compete?

Attached: chloe ass w9Vd5yD.jpg (1080x1080, 142K)

>No Ghost

She's dead.

Attached: sad_keanu.jpg (307x409, 32K)

Were the AOS there?

Also, do we have a complete list? I didn’t even notice Howard the Duck, m-maybe some more show characters appeared

>the frat YouTuber has nutted inside of this
Feels bad man

God, the costume looks so bad under full lighting

hahahaha

Attached: 800full-chloe-bennet(2).jpg (800x1200, 167K)

Howard was part of an army shot that goes by for like one second. You wouldn't be able to spot him unless you slow down the film frame by frame.

Howard the Duck was at the Endgame battle?

He showed up with the Ravagers in one of the Sling Ring portals

Sure was, and who knows, maybe he didn't go back to space and is now wandering New York.

Attached: 1557409106512.jpg (537x393, 23K)

They said the same about the Netflix show back when Daredevil got its first season. And with Agents of shield. Never believe them.

>Why bother watching an entire TV series if it's not going to crossover eventually

What? Why not just watch something because you fucking like it. That's like not watching B:TAS because Green Lantern never shows up.

Daisy's choice in men are bad even in real life.

Kinda impressive considering Thanos destroyed Knowhere.

The difference is that Kevin Feige is involved with the Disney+ shows but not with the Netflix shows.

Agent Carter was the only ABC Marvel show he was credited as producer on, which is probably why it gets a nod and the other shows don't.

That portal was to that Hooker robots panel.

>When you shit your pants while waiting for the toilet at a house party.

except Thanos snap doesnt effect the old marvel shows at all.

As much as the cucks want to believe it.
The TV shows aren't part of the MCU

>They said the same about the Netflix show back when Daredevil got its first season.

Yeah, but difference is that the Disney+ shows are being produced by Marvel Studios, the company that makes the MCU. Marvel Studios had/has nothing to do with the netflix shows and AoS.

The Disney Plus series are going to be produced by Marvel Studios with movie budgets, so of course they will be connected.

digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a27440595/marvel-agents-of-shield-ming-na-wen-confirms-series-departed-mcu/

Earth lost its best defender .Ironman.