Longshot mcu hopes

Know nothing about her but this suit is cute. Based on this information I'd enjoy an Ironheart mcu movie.

Attached: 257b4750-714c-46b7-9b50-e7f52d52ed6d.jpg (1280x720, 160K)

I feel you, but they really need to lean in on the mad scientist angle. Riri is utterly bugnuts insane, but Marvel refuses to acknowledge this even though it's blatantly obvious.

Yikes and fuckoffpilled.

I'm gonna stand over here quietly chanting "Alpha Flight" to myself.

There are no longshots.

Even in 2006 a movie about fucking Iron Man was beyond the veil. Now Ant-Man, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Rescue, fucking Howard the Duck and Cosmo the Spacedog are household names. Shang fucking Chi gets his own movie. Nebula is a breakout hit while characters like Vision and Quicksilver are superfluous jabronis. There are no rules. Anyone who tells you there are is a fucking moron and a liar. Anyone can be in anything. Why not Ironheart? Rhodey and Pepper are gonna need a new tailor so it might as fucking well be Riri. It doesn't matter.

>We're gonna be fine
>You can rest now
>Thor fucking off
>Tony dead
>Cap old
The MC2MCU writes itself. But deep down we both know we're gonna get Champions instead of A-Next.

They're using her story as Peter's in Iron Boy 2.

See the thing with that though is those characters have a rather Long history in the comics characters like RiRi and Sam don’t He’ll even Ms.Marvel has more mileage than Iron Heart

Her arc would translate pretty well into movies
>Make knockoff Iron Man suit and after being found out receive mentoring
>Be an overconfident hero swinging at people who aren't a threat to you
>End up running into an overwhelming enemy who lets her know it can kill her with the same kind of effort people put into killing a bug
>Get traumatized and wake up in a cold sweat and become obsessed with using the tech to protect herself

Also as pointed out make sure she's a whackjob.

Attached: invinc-iron-man-8.jpg (2500x1286, 2.46M)

and just as a point the overwhelming moment I'm referring to for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Attached: RCO013.jpg (2079x1597, 1.08M)

that's still nothing. Into the Spider-Verse and Shazam were jam packed with expies who barely ever existed, Peni Parker chief among them. Miles himself had only been around for 5 or 6 years when Spider-Verse was greenlit. Negasonic Teenage Warhead is a thing that people recognize now.

>End up running into an overwhelming enemy who lets her know it can kill her with the same kind of effort people put into killing a bug
Who? I dropped Iron Man (Riri) after the third issue.

You know who's a longshot? Longshot, because I doubt Hollywood execs will be into Mojo.

Zub and Eve Ewing actually made me like Riri, if she appears on big screen they deserve way more credit than bendis

Movie goers don't give a fuck about a character's long history
For them, Tony was the same as Riri: litterally who.
All that matters is effective marketing and good casting. They can pull an original character like Hancock and still make it work.

Attached: Riri.jpg (1289x1200, 1.07M)

>Getting PTSD from fighting thanos and probably end up being molested by Viv

Being Riri is suffering

Attached: f94ff07183c4b5859723a468c3609c18.jpg (774x1033, 137K)

This. If you'd told me twenty - hell, ten! - years a ago that Rocket Ghaddam Raccoon would be a major player in a series of Marvel movies, I'd have looked at you like you were growing another head. Life can go to strange places. So can movies.

Viv is for auntie Nadia!

Attached: 288fc3c1-9097-46d9-9af3-8f06e11a86b9.jpg (750x718, 222K)

I like new suit but bring back the afro

Attached: tumblr_pmvilbabRj1s803s6o1_400.png (400x502, 271K)

Really hope they just Segway Shuri into this role. Would probably be a smoother transition.

How incestuous is the Pym family?

A Bendis OC being a better character in the hands of other writers than Bendis?! Sir user, why I disbelieve such a claim! It is perhaps unfathomable and in no way absolutely consistent with how these things usually go.

Fuck off. Stark had a good ending, all things considered. He’s already got Spider-Twink taking care of his superheroics, Harley ready to Don a suit, and his daughter. Not to mention Arno if they do a far-future thing. Fuck off with BENIS’ negress.

Attached: FBC51CE3-9FD6-4A75-8BBE-A33B976C6FAF.gif (498x206, 3.33M)

>Longshot movie
WE'RE GETTING THE MOJOVERSE BABY

Attached: longshot00.jpg (276x300, 29K)

I think you're overselling things. The characters you listed are in movie that are popular. Is anyone talking about Howard the Duck? Is anyone talking about Cosmo the Spacedog? Are they really "household names" if no one is thinking about them until they appear on screen again? You have to come down from that dopamine high of yours and think about these movies for what they are: movies. They aren't cultural phenomena because they don't really impact culture outside of social media and nerd communities.

Hell, I'm down for some Riri! I'm also so down for some more diversity, but I think we've got enough of it currently with War Machine, Wakanda to a degree, and Falcon. On second thought, it would just complicate things. Lastly, we've already got a problematic female in Captain Marvel, love her or hate her, Riri wasn't fully accepted by the fans. So why test the waters? Just stick to the formula.

>t. Bendis

Is she autistic?

Attached: Ironheart ps4.jpg (1080x485, 228K)

The MCU is increasingly sjw, so keep your hopes up.

Attached: 1525841853914.jpg (1199x533, 93K)

Seconded.
She's more believable, background-wise.

Attached: 1497626819380.jpg (583x468, 242K)

>iron man balls.png

Attached: vermintide.jpg (1080x1002, 666K)

Attached: owo.jpg (1080x403, 290K)

It makes no sense that Mojo ISN'T the most relevant supervillain right now

So does Riri have a heart monitor on her armor or is it just a paintjob?
Kinda weird that she got a pretty cool costume out of an asspulled name back when she was just a girl inside Tony's armors.

Ultron's wife is based on his mom.

I'd prefer no legacy characters, just use others. It cheapens the original. I don't care for falcon cap either, but they already did it. I don't understand why comics can't let characters be their own people. No one else will ever be Captain America, Iron Man, or Thor for me.

They'll just make him a reeing misogynist MRA fedora fanboy like in that recent comic. Captain Fungus will put him in his place.

>watching MCU after EndGame

ISHYWDTG

>See the thing with that though is those characters have a rather Long history in the comics characters like RiRi and Sam don’t
>Sam
>Doesn't have a long history in comics

Attached: 8cf9343e1518d8f543a8e4c6c83d0889.jpg (773x1000, 174K)

MCU Shuri has never even met Tony, she has no reason to be his successor.

I imagine Spider-Man: FFH is about Peter trying to be the next Tony Stark and his arc in that movie is realizing he should be the first Peter Parker instead, and then the idea will be dropped until phase five when Morgan Stark and Riri Williams suddenly appear as the new Iron Girl and War Machine

I feel like Captain America is the only title that "means" anything beyond it being Steve's code name, and that the idea of America being represented by different people has more thematic value than Iron Woman would.

Of course, the actual reason for legacy heroes is that they sell better than new ones. If Riri were just Robot Lass or whatever, no one would care at all.

Because that's how life works. Niches are filled by similar things. If crocodiles never evolved, any other animal would've filled that niche of river carnivore. It could be literally anything. If crocs never happened, we could have monstrous zebras snapping up antelope in the rivers of Africa. Legitimately niches in the world must always be filled and if it wasn't what we have now, it would be something else doing the exact same thing. We've seen it here. Animals and fossils that unrelated but look and lived the same because they filled the same niche.

It's just nature. It's natural and how things should be. So someone must always take up the mantle. There must always be a spiderman. Not all spidermen are good but there must always be one. 2099 is very well liked and nobody would acuse him of stealing the mantle or lessening the importance of the original. He's something else filling the same niche in his world. It's why miles and gwen and all the other queers suck in comparison. Spiderman is still around so they just muddy up the role.

Also you're a fag

>If Riri were just Robot Lass or whatever, no one would care at all.
That's retarded, you CAN make derivative heroes like Gwenpool, Spider-Girl, Stinger, Ms. Marvel (Carol), etc.
You don't NEED them to take a hero's name to draw attention. That'll just make you have
Captain America (Steve)
Captain America (Bucky)
Captain America (Falcon)

I wouldn't even say Riri is a longshot. Iron Man is a hugely popular franchise to continue, and she's a great PR mascot to have. Any issues with her characterization could be fixed in a movie (like what happened to Miles in Spider-Verse).

The Riri Williams comics were never intended to sell well, or even be that good, they were intended to first draft a concept for the MCU to use.

Nothing about it is natural, aside from maybe cap. There is no real reason there should be another Iron man or spidey. No one else is Tony Stark, and if they are smart enough to replicate him tech wise they should just make their own shit instead of piggybacking off Tony's success.

Its just marketing because they can't be assed to make an interesting, NEW character that doesn't steal the mantle of a successful hero.

Let’s not. Riri’s Current hairstyle is much better than them giving her a generic afro just because she’s black

This is actually kinda cute

The Russos always say the Secret Wars storyline is what would bring them back to Marvel. Do you have a project like that, which could pull you back?

Markus: There are all sorts of characters that would be fun. Joe and Anthony keep saying Secret Wars and I keep going, "really, you want to take on another giant multi-character [crossover]?" I would personally be more drawn to setting up a single character again and taking them from the beginning.

McFeely: I think House of M would be awesome. But you've got to earn it.

Ten years from now.

McFeely: It might take awhile. And it seems hard.

Markus: It doesn't really seem within her [Scarlet Witch's] skillset.

McFeely: We took her skillset away. She had mind control stuff early.

McFeely: Somewhere there's a great Moon Knight movie, but it's complicated.

You don't need to, but on average it'll boost your sales a bit.

The first 2 issues before it goes to shit.

isn't that kind of tony's arc until Iron Man 3?

Also, that comic is cute and hilarious.

Riri NEVER wore an armor made by Tony.

I think the heart thing on her armor is just ornamental; her heart is fine.

Oh?

Attached: Endowment.jpg (2500x1286, 3.16M)

Wasn't her second armor made by Tony?

It looks exactly like the armor he was wearing before Carol knocked him into a braindead coma

Attached: 06c9c522f5bae682b0adfbb0d9a4d874.jpg (691x1049, 138K)

Who would even be handsome and charming enough to play Longshot?

Yeah, but it needs to be classic Alpha Flight and not Captain Marvel-led Alpha Flight. Paul Gross as James Hudson?

Nope. (And damn you for making me search through a Bendis comic, by the way).

She built the Mark 2 herself, although the Tony Stark AI was already around at the time.

>It looks exactly like the armor he was wearing before Carol knocked him into a braindead coma
The thing you have to understand about Tony Stark is any high level Marvel genius with access to the proper raw resources could do his job (except Banner because Banner has a very particular set of skills). Spider-Man reverse engineered the Iron Spider from scratch without even getting a look at the blueprints and then improved on and miniaturized the concept for his Spider Armor Mk IV. Peter doesn't even have any formal education in mechanical engineering or programming. Peter has also hacked Stark more than once. Stark is a joke.

She is gonna be carol best friend daughter.

I wonder if mcu miles and uncle got snapped?.

>Stark is a joke.

Unfortunately.

...She's going to be Monica Rambeau?

Remember when Gamora fucked tony.

How did they get away with this.