Animated Film of the Year?

youtube.com/watch?v=iLufPM45Ols

Attached: 7FDB34F4-97E7-4DA7-9BD5-C941DEE03707.png (1334x750, 2.18M)

Other urls found in this thread:

cartoonbrew.com/feature-film/first-english-trailer-see-the-incredible-hand-drawn-animation-in-cannes-bound-the-swallows-of-kabul-173989.html
youtu.be/RPggzqG2mqQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

cartoonbrew.com/feature-film/first-english-trailer-see-the-incredible-hand-drawn-animation-in-cannes-bound-the-swallows-of-kabul-173989.html

>get whipped in the back of the head
>react like its a mild inconvenience
The animation and style is interesting the expressions are a bit stiff

I'm not saying it doesn't look interesting, but what is this movie doing that The Breadwinner didn't do two years ago?

nice

It seems to be more for adults.

hand drawn is good but everything else either doesnt interest me or i actively want to see less of in media

Breadwinner already did that, and probably better.

>I'm not saying it doesn't look interesting
Well I will say it doesn't look interesting. What is it doing that almost every movie made by that region didn't already do?
I am honest here. If you watch foreign films, this is very cut cookie cutter except animated.

But this one made it to the Cannes Film Festival, so there must be something special about it.

is that kind of art just common in france? reminds me of bastien vives

>things picked for awards always deserve it and got that far purely on quality

It was made by the same studio as pic related.

Attached: 22E78605-621B-4997-A348-035300F6F422.jpg (315x445, 26K)

How many of these fucking movies need to be made?

This.

Attached: 63C804FD-41E7-4206-BA34-15FA2B874E71.jpg (750x1090, 291K)

Looks bretty gud.

Serious adult-oriented non-genre animated movies about real life issues aren't too common.

I'm still waiting for:
>Wolfwalkers
>The Prince's Voyage
>Bunuel in the Labyrinth of the Turtles
>Tito and the Birds
>Dilili in Paris
>Funan
>Another Day of Life
>The Wolf House
>Chris the Swiss
>The Thousand Miles
>Louise by the Shore

forgot link
youtu.be/RPggzqG2mqQ

I’d watch it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see it. So I’ll probably never see it.

God fucking damn it I just read Kite Runner. Kabul is just so depressing, I feel si bad for those people. Where/when can I buy this film?

>Incredible Hand-Drawn Animation
Whoa... hand-drawn animation in 2019... amazing...

It's beautiful. And I like the subject matter.

>The Swallows of Kabul by Yasmina Khadra

>Yasmina Khadra is the pseudonym of a former Algerian army officer named Mohamed Mou-lessehoul. He was still in post when he wrote his first novel, so published under an assumed (and feminine) name to circumvent the military censors. Now retired and living in France, he continues to write about the battles he left behind. His intense, elegant, despairing prose is very much in the tradition of Camus, but there is no posturing here: this is a man who has lived the curse of Sisyphus.

Damn. I need to read this book.

>man in muslim country has to pretend to be a woman to do something he wouldn't have been allowed to do otherwise

Attached: pottery.jpg (500x335, 29K)

If breadwinner wasn’t for adults then no animated movie is

It's pretty funny how Europeans keep making movies about muslims.

I'm sure if you used most any 5 qualifiers for a movie it wouldn't be too common.

that explains the artstyle