To offset this decade's spree of disappointing villains, post great antagonists

To offset this decade's spree of disappointing villains, post great antagonists

Attached: 1557348458189.jpg (2099x1998, 774K)

>mfw he interrupts homelanders monologue to beg him to kill him

Attached: trump3.jpg (992x744, 70K)

This guy was the biggest Chad in the history of the medium

Do you think he’ll be toned down in the Boys show. I think Seth Rogen is producing

They gender-swapped him, Stillwell will be played by Elisabeth Shue, so I think she might be a bit more charismatic than the comic counterpart

>Stillwell will be played by Elisabeth Shue

If she can pull off the corporate snarkiness that's Stillwell pulled off in the comics, then I am on board

Judging from the first teaser it seems show-Stillwell is actually the public and affable face of the company, and not the behind-the-scenes overseer that comic-Stillwell was. Maybe when not in public she will be cold and deadpan?

Hmmm. That's the guy who had a villainous BSOD and went "Bad product, bad product" over and over again?

Suppose they manage to create a Homelander who actually is what he seems? Superman?

they can create anything they can except what they actually want: super soldiers that enable them to get those sweet and mighty DoF contracts.

But the pure stuff, Compound V, that does turn people into exactly that.

the only guy who could make it is dead, there's just the reduced stuff that may or may not activate (and may or may not kill the subject when it activates)

Or gives you cancer.

Dude had balls of adamantium

Been a while since I read this, a question though.

Why did butcher kills his team again?

iirc he originally intended to keep them in the dark about his whole operation and they would just drop dead along every other super in the world. but with MM making sure Hughie met Mallory, Hughie looking into the original V creator and the death of Love Sausage, it complicated things. He killed The Legend because he knew too much. Then he went in to delete information and wasn't expecting to find MM there. They fought and MM died. Then I guess Butcher figured Frenchie and Female could fo after him so he left the bomb to kill them, and thus couldn't stop him. also when the bomb exploded he was also worried that he saw Hughie approaching the place, so his plan wasn't to kill them, it was just an unintended consequence of how events transpired. But yeah, they all were going to die anyway, including Butcher.

I'll never not wonder what a crossover JLA / The Boys would have been like.

So the plan was to get rid of all the sups for good by that chemical trigger thing that makes them all explode with a keyword, and since they too took those drug enchantments to fight supes they were supposed to die when the trigger was pulled, but since it never was he went to erase the info?

But he wasn't the real villain

Yes, when he activated the trigger thing every single person who had V in their system (even if they weren't superheroes and just had it dormant in their genes) would die. Butcher wanted a world without superheroes, and that included him and his team. Deleting all the info and getting rid of the key players was part of the plan, though. When Hughie confronted him at the top of the Empire State Butcher was setting up something like a wifi booster so the death signal would travel further, so his plan was still a go then.

At the end we don't know where the trigger is, or if it still exists, or if the wifi-like connection still works. But the knowledge that Butcher got it working was enough to extort the VA guy. Butcher definitely would've killed everyone if Hughie hadn't stopped him.

It gives you a human being with superpowers, costs a billion per shot for the actual good result and even then there's no telling if you'll just have another complete fuck-up in a long line of fuck-ups.

And the Pentagon doesn't want Superman anyway. They don't even want Captain America, more trouble than it's worth. Yet VA keeps pushing the same stupid shit over and over again.

Because he's a psycho.

Are you talking about Homelander, who was the victim of severe grooming and abuse his whole life or the other dude?

The Boys do normal recon. Nothing of value comes up for anyone but Batman, and everyone but Butcher ends up starting to like one of the heroes they're watching. Butcher gets pissed about it but doesn't let on, then starts trying to manipulate things to get a fight going.

Batman is Batman, so he knew he was being spied on and replaces the dirt on him with details on the bad shit Butcher has planned, set to swap the exact moment Butcher tries to leak anything.

The big fight happens, but no one but Butcher wants to fight. Supes stares him down, says something goody-goody that pisses Butcher off even more, and then Butcher goes fucking mental and beats himself to a pulp against Superman.

If you need to boost sales, maybe kill a Flash right before the end.

They all had the juice in them. Can't ave that.

>Annie January breaks Steph's record for shortest time as Robin

Post the part where Homelander was at the superhero retreat, about to do a RISE UP speech, then this guy just walks in and stares him down

He wanted to crash the Superhero train with no survivors. Wipe out literally everyone and everything with V in their systems. That included himself and his crew.

At the same time he purposely made a way for someone to stop them. Enter Hughie. He respected Hughie because he reminded him of his kid brother who similarly stopped him from doing crazy shit when he was a kid. Probably the reason why when it became obvious they were on to him (and the possibility of his other plan of being stopped now actually coming into play), he took out the others first

>Stillwell

He has a NAME?? I thought he was just "the executive" for the longest time

Attached: RCO019_1469611195.jpg (1280x1999, 829K)

Attached: RCO020_1469611195.jpg (1280x1999, 936K)

They unearth the name Stillwell in some secret Vought documents at some point, but it's literally until the near end that the exec guy finally introduces himself by that name

Attached: RCO021_1469611195.jpg (1280x1999, 745K)

I had this dream last night about a fanfic for The Boys

>Mind swap between the Real Seven and Comic!Seven where the latter have to deal with everything and vice a versa
They'd likely help the boys once Maeve has to do more mole work. And I wonder how Noir would handle what Real Noir has done.

Attached: Me+whenever+brielarsoncaptainmarvel+is+sexualized+_0b395a7133b5b72b0ef8974559ff784d.jpg (309x175, 20K)

For anyone who hasn't read this series there's absolutely nothing abnormal about this guy. He's just a regular, possibly sociopathic person.

Attached: RCO022_1469611195.jpg (1280x1981, 759K)

>They unearth the name Stillwell in some secret Vought documents at some point

No, he introduces himself on the phone to butcher, when he is trying to talk him into a ceasefire to stop Homelanders epic insanity.

Absolutely based

>Successful corporate figure
>Sociopath
Safe bet

i misremembered it, it wasn't the boys who discovered it. but it was there long before the proper reveal. issue 29

Attached: Capture.png (799x607, 674K)

I really hope they dont fuck up the tv series

Seth Rogen is involved that's all I need to tell you.

But if he wanted hughie to stop him, why couldnt he let the team live and just take his own life?

I hate his DUDE WEED movies, but Preacher is a mixed bag. First season is basically its own thing separate from the comics and doesn't work too well—but still wasn't far from terrible, and I actually loved shit like the motel fight with the angels (and how the respawn thing is brought up again when one of the angels becomes a magician, kek). But from season two and onwards they started introducing more and more stuff from the comics. Still the show sometimes doesn't work, but when it works it's pretty enjoyable.

So with that precedent it seems The Boys won't be a straight adaptation of the comics. But not sure it'll be terrible either. Also AMC are wankers and basically force all their shows to keep seasons contained to one farm due to budget. Maybe with Amazon it'll fare better.

Is the Boys, saints row with superpowers?

Just how Butcher is. He's fucked up and its just how it works to him.

His team didn't remind him of his brother. They were all nuts totally fine with killing and stuff. Hughie always remained himself and never fully embraced the crazy psychopath side of The Boys. Like Butcher says, Hughie is like how his little brother was. Just a decent fuckin bloke who can't help but be reasonable

Mmm...I'd say Saints Row 2 with superpowers. Even got the VAC esque antagonist corporation fucking with ya

Not that easy.

iirc it was Mallory who said he wanted a team of people who really had it in for the supes so that they took the job seriously. Butcher jumped in at the chance of having his revenge, but became rather disillusioned when he realized Mallory's plan was ultimately control, not extermination.

I still can't believe The Deep survived.

I can't believe he was made to look like a klansman

I can, Vought is run by 99% retards that somehow fail upwards.

He was one of the only ones who saw the shitstorm coming and was smart enough NOT to piss The Boys or Homelander off before he bowed out

I want to add on that there's intentional parallels between Butcher's squad in the Falklands and The Boys.

>tv version being made
>the boys arent full of compound V

What's even the point then

So why does the exec intimidate him so much? Is it literally just because he's not scared of him?

The dude is unshakable to the point of being unnerving and is representing the people who run the shit he is a part of.

He also probably has contingencies out the ass to fuck him over even if he does kill him (at least he thinks so). You saw what he did to the G guys

he is the father figure

This is actually fucking hilarious. Imagine the rage this fucker must be feeling not being easily able to destroy a normal guy dressed in slacks a polo shirt.

>Homelander gets cocky and thinks his uppity supers can take on the actually army
>never even thinks about laying a finger on Stilwell
Man must have anti-material snipers tailing him 24/7

Only one reason: so they can end it with Butcher pulling off his plans successfully without changing the ending of any character.

That's homelander user

He's the chosen representative of Vought-American, who control everything that Homelander and his allies do, and by proxy this means he owns them. This means firstly that he controls their financial and social situation, which means it doesn't really matter who they are because the second The Seven stop acting the way that he wants them to, they lose all their shit. Presumably, this also means that VA can fuck them over with incriminating evidence if they ever try and act out of line or stop working under VA, and in issue 65 we find out Black Noir was essentially a killswitch for Homelander if he ever snapped so laying a finger on him is out of the question.

What throws them off is how Stillwell honestly doesn't give a shit about any of them. He's above it all, it's just business to him. He sits in a room of people that could rip him apart in seconds and dislike him to varying degrees and his blood pressure never goes above 80/60. He even occasionally takes a jab at them, like telling Homelander to grow a pair in one issue. Everything about his character is a constant reminder to them that they're fucking property. Given the status of the superheroes, it would naturally be incredibly unnatural and/or jarring to be around someone whose general presence is enough to knock you down a peg.

Attached: RCO0011.jpg (1280x1926, 593K)

I don't understand what you mean by "owns them", what's stopping them from just forming their own group with it's own headquarters.

They're basically a bunch of idiots. The whole book is just a big metaphor for celebrities on top of the military and capeshit satire. Most Supers are brought in pretty young, they're made complacent and dependent. Even if they were smart enough to realize how to start up their own cape organization, they know they could never really compete with something like Vougt and that's if Vougt doesn't literally own their identities.

How the fuck can they kill supes then? God I hate Seth rogen

little miss mind your own business has superopowers plus theres a scene with someone exploding aqnd a hand detonator so im guessing the explosive V compound stuff is being used from what ive seen in the trialer

He has compromant out the ass:

DU ammo?

>There's a Tick in the Boys universe

NONONONONO

So it's just Saint Rows 3

What a dick