"You know, I know this is mainly about undoing the Snap, but while we're at it...

"You know, I know this is mainly about undoing the Snap, but while we're at it, perhaps we should bring back the half of the Asgardians that Thanos killed aboard Thor's ship? It's not like there were a lot of them left beforehand. Also, maybe we should resurrect fellow Avenger Vision as well, who only died because Thanos personally gouged a rock out of his head? I mean, if we're going to use these reality-warping magic rocks to undo the damage Thanos has done, we may as well undo all of it, right? Go big or go home, as the saying goes."

They don't even bring it up and then dismiss it as being a bad idea because of comic book sci-fi technobabble. Not even Thor, whose entire motivation in Infinity War was avenging his people.

Attached: VisionLokiHeimdall.png (894x350, 719K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CX45pYvxDiA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Seeing that african play a scandinavian inspired asgardian always looks so stupid.

I'm disappointed they didn't bring Quicksilver back for the final battle, since he only died to sate Whedon's bloodlust.

Everyone is glad Loki is dead. But yeah, not bringing back Vision was a dick move.

For Loki and Heimdall, I'm not sure how they are going to revive them in the upcoming movies. As for vision, I believe that in the new "eternals" movie coming up, the infinity stone are going be remade, I don't know how, but its happening.

Hulk is after that red witch puss

>Everyone is glad Loki is dead
Not Thor and possibly Bruce.

He wouldn't have been the same without the mind stone. Given that the present day one was destroyed and the past one needed to be returned it's understandable why it wasn't brought up.

It sounds like they're going to address the issues of bringing back Vision in Wanda/Vision and I halfway suspect that the soul stone will be used in the mind stone's place since it's the only stone that really didn't need to be returned.

>He wouldn't have been the same without the mind stone.
That's not what they seemed to think in Infinity War.

>I halfway suspect that the soul stone will be used in the mind stone's place since it's the only stone that really didn't need to be returned.
Doesn't matter if it needed to be or not, it still was.

Now due to multiverse, he can be brought back

One line from Tony or Bruce giving a reason why they were unable to bring him back would have been better than Wanda being the only one who cares enough to mention him.

>Hey guys, we saw Thanos use the time stone to bring Vision back to life and restore the stone. Could we use it to bring back Vision, Loki and Heimdal?
>There's no time to explain, just get in the time machine

I don't think Bruce is going to lose any sleep over it.

Yeah but everyone was pretty much wrong about everything in Infinity War. That was the point of the movie. They all lost.

"We can separate the stone, whoops no we can't."
"We can destroy the stone, whoops time travel."
"We can defeat thanos on titan, fuck you Quill."
"I will never give up the time stone even if it means your life. Thanos, take the time stone, spare his life."

Seeing a pattern here?

Bruce had other things on his mind, Tony doesn't care about his mechanical creations and probably also blamed Vision for maiming Rhodey.

Wanda will use a fragment of her own soul, just like Chthon used a fragment of his on her (In CW, Vision literally refers to the mind stone being a part of him, and that gets a reaction from Wanda. In IW, we see a Yellow lamp next to Vision, and a Red lamp next to Wanda, implying Wanda may have something as well).

>We can make Heimdall white with the snap too

Wanda: "So, while I was gone, you were probably trying to get Vizh back up and running..."
Banner: "Umm...yeah...We...kinda put your bf on the backburner, cos we...well we didn't give a fuck... I think he's parts are on sale in a Wakandan yard sale."

on that last one though, he knew tony had to live so that he'd sacrifice himself later. he said that line before he looked into the future. strange is kind of a savage.

Wanda will create a mind stone to revive Vision. Doing this also makes mutants as a byproduct like how she got her powers in the first place.

>Bruce had other things on his mind,

Five years is a long time to have other things on your mind and not even try.

>Tony doesn't care about his mechanical creations and probably also blamed Vision for maiming Rhodey.

MCU Tony treats Peter like a surrogate child, but never attempts to explore Tony and Bruce being Vision's parents. A lot of wasted potential there.

Infinity War made a point of establishing that the Avengers all considered Vision a living person whose life mattered, this is why them not even mentioning him in Endgame seems odd.

>if we're going to use these reality-warping magic rocks to undo the damage Thanos has done, we may as well undo all of it, right?
So the other planets that Thanos and the Order visited first are automatically going to have to deal with double their populations, that's cool. Save that day.

All of those things were right, though. It's just that outside forces prevented them from happening.

>You now realize that in order to ensure the Asgardian's legacy, they will have to intermix with Humans in order to prevent inbreeding
>You now realize in 1000 years, there will be a group of people who unironically claim "We wuz godz and shiet"

Attached: I cant handle this anymore.jpg (437x431, 14K)

>Doing this also makes mutants

Can we not turn MCU Wanda into a plot device vehicle for X-Men stories? You have the choice to not be Bendis. Don't be Bendis.

Attached: 1557037738151.png (391x494, 326K)

The difference between those planets and the Asgardians is that the Asgardians happened, what? 12 hours before the Snap? Not to mention none of those other planets had a representative present when the Avengers had the Infinity Stones, like the Asgardians did.

>Infinity War made a point of establishing that the Avengers all considered Vision a living person whose life mattered, this is why them not even mentioning him in Endgame seems odd.
Also this.

>The difference between those planets and the Asgardians is that the Asgardians happened, what? 12 hours before the Snap?
I have no idea why you think this means anything.
>Not to mention none of those other planets had a representative present when the Avengers had the Infinity Stones, like the Asgardians did.
Or this. What the fuck?

Why didnt they just program his synapses to work collectively?

Tony should've been the one to rebuild Vision. Vision could've played a key role in siphoning the mind stone away from Thanos (if Thanos still needed to stones because the universe was still fucked) or messing with his guilty subconscious

If someone is right about something but it turns out it doesn't work, for any reason, it makes them wrong.

You don't think the Asgardians are more likely to be brought up by Thor going "HEY WHAT ABOUT MY PEOPLE I KINDA WATCHED THEM ALL DIE DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF ME" instead of some alien race nobody in the room has even heard of?

>instead of
"In addition to." Don't reply if you can't read.

>Correcting people because I know what they meant better than they do is fun!

Third time, what the fuck are you talking about?

why not use the time stone to bring everyone back just after the snap, or make sure it fails somehow. Bringing everyone back in the present means a planet that had spent 5 years adjusting to a lower population now has to accommodate for 3.5 billion people which probably caused starvation at least. and this happens on countless planets

Seeing a blonde Thor hang out with talking space raccoons was just as stupid

Not to mention, one assumes everyone reappeared where they dusted... What about people who were in airplanes or on freeways or in submarines? That's gonna fucking suck. What about people who didn't dust, but died because their airplane pilot or train conductor or doctor died? What about people who were in such terrible grief that their loved ones died that they killed themselves? To a lesser degree, what about people whose loved ones died who moved on and married someone else or moved away or something?

They really should have let Rhodey go back and kill baby Thanos.

I loved everything before the mission and everything after the mission, but it still bewilders me that their plan was "undo the Snap" and not "prevent the Snap."

Lokiverse obviously

When Banner calls Vision a superbot, Tony is irritated and says he is evolving. Tony knew Vizh was in love with Wanda and was turning a blind eye to Vision's trips. Rhodey, who remarked that Vision would not have been in Edinburgh if not for the Accords, also clearly knew.

Interestingly, it was one of very few things, perhaps the only thing Cap and Tony both had common ground on post-Zemo.

Tony would actually be pretty cut up about Vision, but all we got was "muh Spiderman".

It would have been nice if Clint at least, had said something to Wanda about Vision.

It definitely feels like the Russo's were glad to be rid of Vision.

Why did they go to 2014 to get the Power and Soul Stones when they could have easily went to 2015 and asked Xandar for the power stone nicely? They wouldn't have had to deal with 2014 Thanos learning about what happens in the present and Nebula linking with her past self wouldn't have mattered.

The post-GOTG movies seemed to REALLY NOT WANT to go back to Xandar for some reason. Shame, cause I was really hoping to see Thanos invade the Nova Corps for the Power Stone.

this desu

Attached: 1525722964607.jpg (780x629, 116K)

I hope they bring him back as Kid loki

Attached: Loki_Laufeyson_(Serrure)_(Earth-616).png (199x481, 85K)

>It definitely feels like the Russo's were glad to be rid of Vision.

They made the choice to keep the kitchen scene in Civil War, despite test audiences complaining about it, and in Infinity War they made sure that everybody except the villains treated him like a person. So in some ways they did good, but he was too powerful for the stories they wanted to tell, in every battle he either does nothing or they find a way to make him lose easily.

Endgame making a choice to avoid even setting up Vision's return does not look like a good sign for him making a full and lasting return in the Disney+ series.

My theory is that in the WandaVision theory, Wanda manifests a "copy" of Vision using her powers and doesn't realize it until the end and gives him a final tearful goodbye.

Putting my Vision fanboyism aside they set up his return in Infinity War with Shuri uploading him to the computer so it's very strange that that plot thread wasn't even touched on.

I really hope he comes back by the end of WandaVision, like most of Yea Forums i'm pretty sure some of the plot of that will be Wanda bringing back a wrong version of him with magic.

Attached: 2005-05-03_230750_wca044-02.jpg (500x780, 283K)

That's the worst possible outcome, they give Wanda "reality-warping" powers, potentially wrecking the character, and we don't really get Vision back. The way the comics mistreated them doesn't mean their story always has to end in tragedy.

They state in the movie that the dusted are only "half-dead" while the people who Thanos killed to get to the snap are full dead.

Attached: Flesh Wound.jpg (480x244, 17K)

Why didn't the test audiences like it?

>they set up his return in Infinity War with Shuri uploading him to the computer so it's very strange that that plot thread wasn't even touched on.

Once they revealed Shuri got snapped, they could have given a fast explanation for why nobody else could rebuild him (nobody can crack the security to access Shuri's computer? Vision was made with Wakandan vibranium and M'Baku won't hand him over to the Avengers?), and given her a line to set up rebuilding him.

>I really hope he comes back by the end of WandaVision, like most of Yea Forums i'm pretty sure some of the plot of that will be Wanda bringing back a wrong version of him with magic.

If the story ends with him alive again, it would be good to have a story where Wanda is instrumental in saving him, but they're both underused and underexplored characters in the movies, and this would mean he wouldn't be himself for most of the series as well. It would need to balance this out with a lot of flashbacks to show how their relationship developed.

does the average asgardian have powers or are they more or less human tier?

Its like using the dragon balls to revive a specific group of people, except some get left out on a technicality

Because you're a NIGGER

The commentary for the movie just says audiences were asking "Why are they cooking?" like they didn't understand the point of the scene, while the Russos span the audience reaction as "maybe they disliked it because Vision's CGI wasn't finished in the version they watched" and kept the scene.

Attached: captain_america_civil_war_vision_scarlet_witch.jpg (1200x680, 67K)

>tfw no robot husbando

>kill half asgardians on the ship
>snap, kill another half

Wow real fair there Thanos.

Did you hurt yourself reaching so far?
Thor and talking raccoons= Literally in the comics.
African Norse god= G Willow Wilson level SJW bullshit.

There's the door.

a lot of racists, paricularly muricans, have a weird fetish about norwegian mythology, they were probably trying to premptively ward them off

They're way above humans but not quite Thor or even Heimdall and Warriors 3 tier.

We see a Joe average Asgardian in AoS (yes yes I know non-canon). And he's strong enough to snap handcuffs block knives with his bare hands and rip the door off a jail cell.

Changing something from the source material just to ward off "bad" people you don't like and don't want watching your movie is just bad business. You want to get everyone's money, even if you hate them.

> Shy awkward English robot husbando for the female audience
> Sad protective Slavic magic waifu for the male audience

It's going to have something for everyone.

>IT'S IN MY FUCKING FANTASY BOOKS REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Xander might never believe them and part with it. Stealing from Quill would be much easier.

The better question would be why didn't they go to the 2014 date when the Guardians tried to give the power stone to the Collector, so that they could have both the power stone and reality stone that the Asgardians gave to him after the Dark World, and then have another group heading over to the soul stone place. They'd also then have 2 teams instead which would make things less troublesome.

Attached: 1532395592945.jpg (236x231, 11K)

They do
Hulk tries to bring Natasha back but can't.
I'm guessing the Infinity Gauntlet works by giving it extremely simplistic commands, like a very simple computer.
So every command you give it is part of the snap, and it takes more durability to try to give it multiple commands

>Hulk tries to bring Natasha back but can't.
How is Hulk trying and failing to resurrect Nat the same thing as nobody even bringing up Vision and the Asgardians? He doesn't say "I also tried to bring back Vision and all of Thor's people, but that didn't work either."

The only person who knew the Collector had the Reality Stone was Thor, the only person who knew the Collector almost had the Power Stone was Rocket, and they likely didn't know about the other.

Pretty sure Thor could say "After all that, we gave it to the Collector for safe keeping". But then again, I guess neither Thor nor Rocket would be able to know if he still had it by the time they tried giving the power stone to him.

It actually makes more sense now that they killed off almost every Guardian too since they would know that Thanos was able to retrieve the reality stone from there.

>get brutally murder
>w-why didn’t they come back
>REEEEEE MARVEL BRING BACK MUH CHARACTERS
fuck off you actually child. They’re fucking dead and Loki is gonna do multiverse shenanigans now.

Because it's eaiser to sucker punch Quill when he's alone and take the power stone, and have Thor and Rocket sneak into Asgard where Rocket's small and Thor is actually from there and could attempt to impersonate himself in a pinch, rather than try to steal from the Collector?

>They’re fucking dead
The entire plot of the movie is "let's make all the dead people not-dead" you fucking halfwit.

They got snapped retard. They didn’t get murdered by thanos

Because heaven forbid they use the universe-altering Infinity Stones to revive a couple extra people.

Feels like shuri might be able to revive him, now that she is unsnapped, and seeing as she was somewhat adept at removing the stone from His head
Let's just hope they kept him around somewhere

Still seething after all this time.

>In IW, we see a Yellow lamp next to Vision, and a Red lamp next to Wanda
So they are adding the red and yellow lampern cores to the MCU? Bold move.

>Also bring back the wakandian soldiers that died during the attack, and Coulson, he didn't do anything wrong, and Tony's parents, and the kids that died at Columbine!

Tony told Bruce the right thing: "Just bring everyone snapped back". A nice, clear and semantically unambiguous wish.

Tony specifically says he'll only help if they just bring the snapped people back to life, because he now has a child and he doesnt want to risk changing that.
Also with their time travel rules you cant prevent the snap without just making alternate timelines and shit (so when they go back to their future its still happened), its what professor hulk and nebula explained in the movie.

If the Yellow Lamp represented the mind stone, what does the red lamp represent? Something else entirely.

Apparently it's Wanda herself who imbues Vision with a new soul in WandaVision, hence the two names being one word. Shuri probably isn't even in the Disney Plus series anyhow, probably just a random Wakandan scientist dude.

Once the soul stone takes a soul, you can't get it back, and the very act of doing so forfeits your right to use the stone.

(Which is a plot hole, because the soul stone would reject Hulk as it gave itself to Clint).

You needed a soul to claim the soul stone.

There was no rule about giving that stone to someone else afterwards.

> "I'm still me, I think."

> Whedon planted the seeds from the start, with her eyes turning red when feeling negative emotions. Snuck it right past the creative committee clowns. Based Whedon.

WandaVision theme tune/trailer music:

youtu.be/CX45pYvxDiA