Deathstroke

Wasn't Joe Manganiello set to play him? Why is the DCEU such a complete clusterfuck?

Attached: 20190510_222339.jpg (1080x1533, 643K)

Other urls found in this thread:

movieweb.com/amp/the-batman-screenplay-ben-affleck-serious-problems/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That was for the Ben Affleck directed and Geoff Johns directed Batman movie that was cancelled.

Which is good because Geoff Johns hates Batman more than Adolf Hitler and is the worst Batman writer.

It would have been the worst Batman movie ever made.

Lol, seething

I think they mean Deadshot

>Rumor

I can't wait for a second white hitman played by a black actor that won't wear the mask that he's known for.
And both in Suicide Squads, too.

Nope they decided not to get rid of Smith

Elba is either Deathstroke or Sportsmaster

Only if she can be Terra

Attached: 1554025152-elle-fanning-joins-teen-spirit-co-stars-at-tiff-2018-premiere-06.jpg (980x700, 391K)

He'd be perfect casting imo. Lovable asshole thing.

>not Bronze Tiger

Attached: [palpable disgust].png (337x334, 172K)

It seem pretty simple to me, they're getting rid of all of Snyder's shit.

According to sources, the script was really really bad

So it’s the opposite of this?

Attached: E806CFB6-6C0B-454C-9688-5D31D0ABFC0F.jpg (250x200, 16K)

>defending Cereal Lord
the absolute state of 2019 /co

Attached: stupidjohns.jpg (375x295, 76K)

Smith agreed to accept less cash than his original deal, it's not like a lot of people are lining up for his 'unique talents' - even with his 'huge' hit that's about to come out

Say "Thank You Based Marvel"

Attached: Benico Del Toro Eyed For Villain Role In ‘The Suicide Squad’.png (640x726, 445K)

What was it like?

I still believe he's playing Bronze Tiger. Deathstroke doesn't fit the character's description.

They're probably just giving him an OC daughter since he was originally supposed to be Deadshot and they changed it so they can pull Will Smith back in eventually.

Attached: Bronze Tiger.jpg (1200x591, 125K)

He could be playing Sportsmaster you know

Delicious

Well, stark contrast is a theme of the character.

>Benico Del Toro is in the top choice to play one of the villains of the film, currently under the codename “The Mayor.” Not much is known about the character other than he is an “irascible old warrior who lives for war.”

I hope he's the digital genie guy from the first story arc.

Nope, either Eiling, Brother Blood, or Vandal Savage

WB execs are desperate to put out something in the hope that they won't get purged by AT&T's ongoing house cleaning.

Nah.

There's been zero evidence pointing to Savage being in it, and even Brother Blood is dubious at best.

A little late

Attached: Screenshot_20190318-140700_Chrome.jpg (1079x1196, 444K)

Vandal Savage?

>Benicio Del Toro is in the top choice to play one of the villains of the film, currently under the codename “The Mayor.” Not much is known about the character other than he is an “irascible old warrior who lives for war.” Antonio Banderas is another name that came up for the role at one point.

Don't bother, he's lying.

None of this is indicative of Savage.

Why are you so angry lmao

Why do people still have a hate boner for Earth 1 Batman?

>irascible old warrior who lives for war.
You lost get over it

Earth 1 was actually a pretty great book so your Hypotosis is flawed

I'm not.

That could easily apply to other characters as well. Some, like Eiling, which have already been rumored for the movie.

But delude yourself if you prefer.

Is Idris Elba the only black actor in Hollywood?

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but he's like the only one that comes up nowadays.

>even DC thinks Deadshot and Deathstroke are the same

Idris Elba should play everything

Rumour was that the film was about Deathstroke being hired by the Legion of Doom to take down Batman.

I heard nothing about the quality of the script.

Either way, I'm glad that's not the Batman movie we're getting. Sounds like it'd be too much about Justice League synergy than being a Batman story. And "assassin gets hired to kill Batman" seems like the most basic, boring plot, and would make the story about Batman defending himself rather than being a hero and defending third parties from a threat.

>Why is the DCEU such a complete clusterfuck?
They want to be the MCU but they don't wanna put the work in.

Wesley Snipes doesn't get good gigs anymore after his tax evasion conviction. Probably also to do with his notoriously difficult personality.

>don't wanna put the work in.
More like don't have the talent

There's a reason they keep hiring Based Marvel's scraps

>Why is the DCEU such a complete clusterfuck?
Someone needs to answer this. Its not source material, both Marvel and DC have plenty to pull from. So what is it?

movieweb.com/amp/the-batman-screenplay-ben-affleck-serious-problems/

>no gareth evan's Deathstroke movie
who cares at this point?

SeeThe script was shit.

It was so bad that Reeves had to scrap it and start over.

They sat around and table and discussed their options. Do they want to make six or so films leading up to their team up? They had to be worried about the bubble bursting, and I figure they also were just "Well its super hero movies, everyone likes those, we don't need to work for it", missing the fact the build up in the MCU is why anyone outside the comic crowd gives a single shit.

Judging from what we are seeing now, it looks like they are trying to clean the slate and work back towards having some worthwhile universe.

Marvel had Iron Man and just floated on that for 22 movies.

Oh so they're going to pull an Arrow and make him Wintergreen?

But a lot of their films don't even have Iron Man in it retarded shitposter.

They started off with an actually good movie (Iron man) so people were willing to look past some of their shitty/mediocre movies.
Maybe try not being so defensive over soulless corporate movies made for Chinese slave labor.

They need to get Snipes back. Im sure he's nicer now after being in Jail. He seems cooler on twitter anyway.

Marvel already locked down all the other relevant ones.

Attached: MCU.jpg (1080x1074, 162K)

But that movie isn't cancelled, it's shelved. Matt Reeves is still attached to the project.

Damn he is perfect for the character.

>Hypotosis
No wonder you think Earth 1 is a "pretty great book"
Your brain is retarded

Idris Elba is the black Tom Hardy.

>They even got the actor who played Perry White in MoS and BvS

Attached: 1510439891630.jpg (480x360, 16K)

Idris is a pretty good actor so whatevs, I'm kinda numb to long standing comic characters changing races at this point.

Reeves movie is now completely different. He did a full rewrite.

sure hes on the CW show but anyone besides Michael Jai White playing Bronze Tiger seems a step down.

What about that black guy in jew jew overlord film

page 1 rewrite, Johns script was considered GARBAGE. The studio hated it, and that includes the same people that was ok with his shazam and aquaman pitches. page 1 rewrites are not normal in this kind of stuff, specially if the writer happens to be a producer and consultant in other movies.
The fact you think that started with earth 1 means you havent been around for long, the Johns hate batman thing started back in his JSA run, when he had batman being an asshole towards the JSA.

MJW was too good for the show

>page 1 rewrite, Johns script was considered GARBAGE
That most hurt (specially considering he has a living as a comic book WRITER).

He sucks writing Batman, but apparently Aquaman, Shazam, and GL are his better works.

His JSA was good but Yea Forums hate it because it was too ''comfy.''

Now I'm sad

There was a time before you were born when superhero movies typically came in trilogies, and when they ended they would begin anew, with a new continuity, new actors and a new status quo. Disney has fooled you into believing that capeshit can only exist as a connected universe. Each solo story is not longer a solo story, with it's own identity and meaning. Instead, each movie is just a Saturday morning cartoon episode spinning its gears for the next mindless episode to excrete itself from Hollywood.

Benicio del Toro and Oscar Isaac.
I want to believe they're going to Santa Prisca.

This is the books that johns gave to the deathstroke actor. The only batman batman comic he recomended? his own book. That is one of the things, he wanted ROYALTIES, so is unlikely he would use other writers stories. Deathstroke as a batman villian is already retarded, but i can see where it was going, just Earth one + batman getting his ass kicked by deathstroke for the entire movie. Johns greed and ego crippled him as a writer, disliking batman ended up killing his paycheck. But i doubt he is that mad, after all he will get a lot of money from the Watchmen series.

Attached: deathstroke johns joe.jpg (630x840, 230K)

>Identity crisis
It was gonna be shit from the beginning.

He is getting royalties for that shitty Watchmen spin off?

From Mime and marrionette

God lord I hate Johns OCs.

What Skwad character would Snipes be a good fit for?

Are you saying that a movie with the wholly fresh and original idea of a special ops guy fighting his own clone is not going to be a hit?!

Maybe take DC's dick out of your mouth if you consider Iron Man to be anywhere near as good as some of the later films, or the reason why MCU doesn't suck ass.