Why did Dan Slott have to ruin all the cool Invincible Ironman character progression and have him instantly switch back...

why did Dan Slott have to ruin all the cool Invincible Ironman character progression and have him instantly switch back to mega villain dictator?

Makes no sense and feels like such a waste of an opportunity to do something different with him

Attached: doom.png (703x608, 848K)

>Wah! Why are comics impermanent?

That's you. That's what you sound like.

Was Invincible Ironman even that good to begin with?

Status quo is god

A smart person?

After a while status quonis retarded imo

Doomfags are cancer

Not really.

no, but Iron Doom outside his book was quite nice

Because otherwise the assertion that Doom would inevitably become a villain again from Gwenpool would be incorrect, which would result in a paradox and destroy the space time continuum.

>which would result in a paradox
Why? Marvel isn't even supposed to have time loops.

Fuck's sake one of Spider-man's powers is to change the future.

>Why?
SHE'S A WOMAN, user.
sHE CANNOT BE WRONG, IT WOULD BE SEXIST

She knows how comics work, status quo can’t change

Retarded autist.
It's not about time-loops. It's about not subverting expectations.

the main problem was all his character growth and personal development was just ignored.

I don't mind he eventually reverting back to statusquo doom but at least pretend to explain it somewhat decently

Attached: 1557204642813.jpg (600x886, 156K)

>>>Wah! Why are comics impermanent?
Comics arent impermanent, Marvel and DC are impermanent, and thats a bad thing.

Because he had to. The status quo is god.

Blame Bendis for being a fuckboy and wasting an opportunity to tell such an interesting story and blame Alonso we’re giving him Doom.

Still don't understand, if Doom is perfectly capable of giving herald level cosmic powers to someone then why doens't he ever upgrade himself? Why is he always content to be knockoff Iron Man?

That's not a fucking paradox.

That is the exact number of meows in the meow mix chorus

Attached: marvel retreat.jpg (383x622, 66K)

>why doens't he ever upgrade himself?
Cause he has to sacrifice loved ones to the demons that give him his powers to do that and he's fresh out after he skinned his ex girlfriend.

Someone should magically revive her so Doom gets shlorped to death.

Nice bait thread, Tommy. It’s really weird you don’t like Slott’s Doom considering he writes him like a 1d villain. Oh wait you don’t actually read comics, you just shitpost.

Not everyone who talks about Doom is that guy

Agreed.

Yeah I liked it inb4 liking one particular Bendis story is just not the cool kid thing to do. .

Not when he can give people cosmic powers.He does not need to deal with supernatural anything to accomplish that.

Even then for a guy that is supposed to be on Reed's level of supersmartt guy that builds portals and time machines on a whim, plain old armor seems a little small scale for him. You would think he might have things like Nega Bands, or kree universal weapon figured out. Especially since his main interest always seems to be cosmic level stuff like Galactus, Watchers, Celestials, Heralds, that kind of thing. Nega bands seem like a perfect technology gizmo that makes someone into a bargain bin cosmic powered person easily.

At least Victorious is cute

What did you expect Slott to do? Not force his own ideal status quo regardless of whether it makes sense? Give a shit about continuity made by another writer who also often ignored continuity and left for the distinguished competition anyway? If you expected anything else, it is your fault for reading his shitty comics.

It’s a combination of an adherence to the status quo, and arrogant/incompetent writers I think. Look at what Ewing (a continuityfag) did for Loki and Thanos and look at what Aaron did immediately after getting to use them.

I will never not be mad about how Duggan squandered the Lifebringer

I hate how Doom seems to always get away with his narcissistic douchebaggery. I want to see him pummeled and suffering.

I thought he was listening to the nyan cat tune or something.