How do we save 2D animation?

How do we save 2D animation?

Attached: Walt_Disney_1946.jpg (220x330, 21K)

It doesn't need saving.

Attached: 2010s western animation renaissance.jpg (960x2377, 1.02M)

Pay overseas animators a living wage.

Bring back Walt Disney and/or kick out all the jews.

Communism.
Gas the rich. Class war now.

Attached: 1539507905894.jpg (651x960, 251K)

Imagine the smell

Exterminate feminism

Studios will always just imitate each other for profits. Encourage independent animators instead of large studios. Some independent work might be gorgeous, and some might be ugly, but it all needs to gain public exposure.

What a way to die.

By actually supporting creators who are doing independent 2D animated works.

Tales of Alethrion (The Reward) is currently trying to get funding for another batch of episodes.

Reward what you want to see more of, admonish what you don't. For example, if you don't go see Space Jam 2, you can stop bitching forever!

Make a Gwenpool - Tangled crossover.

Too bad most of those didn’t make any money.

Make like Japan and don't make animation just for kids with any adult animation being exclusively adult sitcoms

You make the most impressive, amazingly animated 2D movie your eye will orgasm to...AND THEN YOU PUT IT AGAINST FUCKING HARRY POTTER LAST MOVIE IN A FUCKING PLOY TO KILL 2D ANIMATION

Attached: WINNIES LAST MOVIE.jpg (509x755, 68K)

If only Disney had created some kind of educational institute for animators...

It's not just that, though. Winnie the Pooh was always about meandering, low stakes stories with life just continuing on at the end, and the stories are for five year olds and not 12 year olds.

Every successful Disney movie since The Little Mermaid has been high action, high stakes, usually with show stopping Broadway numbers, and aimed at 12 year olds.

bring back bloomers

Attached: minnie parachute.png (1360x768, 275K)

Reminder that this would've been Disney's next 2D movie if they were able to get the rights to it.

Attached: the-greatest-lines-of-terry-pratchett-5-1556673196-5zb7-column-width-inline.jpg (865x1472, 377K)

Dismantle the Disney empire brick by brick until nothing remains. Round up all journalists and workers currently in the animation industry and have them executed by gunfire. Leave the carcasses for the wolves.

Attached: Yen Sid.jpg (220x329, 29K)

Don't make me want to kill myself any more than I already want to, user.

Then what?

We start anew.

The answers literally a few threads over

Make our own industry with blackjack, hookers and inbetweeners . Start writing your bibles now Yea Forums. Only way to kill Disney is be better. Gotta break that stigma that cartoons are only for kids, kids arent dumb but the adults who fund their cartoons are, who do you think is to blame for everything being "safe and bland"? Why is animation funded by a dying toy industry when nerd culture has opened the door for companies to sell a wider variety of merch to normies? The truth is the industry isnt dying. It just has to evolve. Which would you rather buy: a kung-fu kicking action playset (some parts sold separately) ? Or a quality collector's figure of your favorite Regular Show character? Japan's got the right idea when it comes marketing their characters, they're more than just assets and IP's. They make sure those shits are household names. Theres a reason anime is popular in the west compared to western shows in the east. We can talk earnings all day long but you gotta spend money to make money and with Disney buying up all the biggest franchises it's obvious they're looking to make as much for as little as possible and they wont stop. Why compete with the competition when you can just buy them out? The diehard fans who wanna see animation flourish need put their money where their mouth is and start producing their own animated works. I should take me own advice but we REALLY gotta start supporting the indie scene. We need another animation boom and we cant expect it to come from the top.

Attached: morky_by_spotteebear_ultra_d6sfevv-pre.jpg (670x1192, 67K)

honestly I figure Disney will give 2D Theatrical Animation another try sometime in the next decade or so, and assuming they don't screw up the marketing it will probably do well enough to allow for 2D to make a comeback

Based Warner Bros. Saving us from this hellscape.

I was hoping to see an announcement when their lineup was put out. We'll just have to hope one of their "unnamed animated projects" is going to be a gamble on hand drawn animation.

By killing 3D animation. Let’s launch a smear-campaign against soulless, mediocre shit.

I mean, look at this crap!

Attached: CAE8B60C-D581-44BE-AD90-1357A49608A7.jpg (750x1090, 291K)

Animated films are bombing this year so far. TS4 will do great but for the others CGI's cancer is catching up to them
Just got to smear a CGI Disney film to fail

I'm doing my part. Besides Incredibles 2 (for Based Brad's sake) I Haven't watched a CG film in theatres since Wreck it Ralph 1, and the only one of those live action reboots I saw was Cinderella. Scoob almost made me crack but I'm staying firm. I'll be buying multiple tickets to Spacejam 2.

They'll get their home on the range one day. And we'll be there to shitpost it to death.

>kick out all the Jews
But then how would they voice all those classic cartoon characters without Mel Blanc?