Is he now the most beloved superhero?

Is he now the most beloved superhero?

Attached: 1557516629750.jpg (900x1102, 214K)

I think it's still Spider-man

>All those promo pictures and posters of IW Thor for Endgame
Then everyone sees the mocie

he was always the main hero as far as i remember every movie poster hes in, hes the largest and most centered of the characters

Is RDJ a faithful adaption of Stark?

can't say, but I was surrounded by bawling people during Endgame

Imagine being such a fucking slave to an imaginary character owned by a billionaire corporation.

id say so, minus the bourbon

Reminds me of something.

Attached: Jesus.jpg (531x710, 290K)

Probably yeah.

>putting down flowers for a dead character
is it cute or is it just pathetic

I told ya. Spics love capeshit.

>took a picture of it
LITERALLY just so that he could get hearts on instagram

His personality is completely different from the comics

dios mio

No, I think Batman and Spider-man still have him beat but i'd say he's in the top 4 or 5 now
No but that's okay because he's much better

My gf wept for the last 15 minutes over Tony Stark's death. Cried hard.
Superman's death: nothing.

Bravo, Marvel.

>character always managed to stay good and compelling with a full arc through ten whole years of movies
I'm not surprised people are upset over seeing him die at all, people get emotionally attached even to fiction. Plus, Tony Stark has always been sort of emotionally easy to access for people, especially if you were watching Iron Man in formative years.

So i'd at least put him up there with Superman, Batman and Spidey now.

Attached: rip.jpg (540x523, 42K)

the fact that people care more about him than Superman or Batman makes me laugh, remember when no one knew who the fuck Iron Man was?

Was it BvS? Because that was the most retarded death possible for Superman, Tony's was also retarded but it felt earned and it was awesome.

Knew a fucking idiot normie girl that thought the movie was based on the song.

Yep, BvS. What falls is fallen and all that shit.
>You can have all the cheeseburgers you want
Increased audible sobbing
>Love you 3000
floodgates fully open
My dude pals with kids got wet eyes at those last two too.

Tony Stark is probably more popular now than any superhero in existence, broadly speaking.
I don't know of anyone who much cares who Batman #7 is going to be.

Why? Batman and Superman haven't had a good movie in almost a decade. It makes sense that people would care more for Stark right now. Maybe things will change if DC can get their shit together since Batman is sorta timeless but right now it's not weird at all to prefer Stark when he had a complete and solid character arc and a great actor that basically defined his character more then the comics ever could

Batman wasn't what people cared about even when he had good movies.
>Superman
>Almost a decade
user I......

>You can have all the cheeseburgers you want
Man...

Longer for Superman I know.
What do you mean by Batman though? His villains? Cause I'm sure plenty of people also like Bats himself, it's a bit of a meme to say people only care about the Joker and what not

sorry mate but now after Iron Man comes Spider Man as the new lead and he will be impossible to dethrone

>Iron Man
>Spider-Man
>Batman
>Captain America

power gap

>Wolverine
>Superman
>Wonder Woman

>>putting down flowers for a dead character
>is it cute or is it just pathetic

people cried when superman died

The Batman franchise is Villains>Car/Notacar>>>>Setting>>whatever "actor you recognize" is filling the costume.

Attached: Sadfleck.jpg (459x459, 53K)

>people cried when superman died
Those were actors in a movie, user.

He wouldn't be nearly as popular if he was.

are you talking about the comics?
I don't think anyone but turbo snyder autists cried when henry cavill died

They cried for wasting their money on BvS.

Yeah, imagine being a Christian.

Attached: Oh_Snap_Bear.jpg (286x350, 29K)

You have to wedge Deadpool, Venom and Aquaman in there too.
>Wolverine
People were devastated when he died, girl behind me couldn't stop crying after it ended. Everyone was silent and left quietly once it was over.

> Batman is sorta timeless

The problem with Batman is that he is both overplayed and underdeveloped, movie wise. Every other movie they reset him to factory presets because its a reboot with a new actor, so he just has the same story arc over and over. Even in the Nolan movies, his character growth is pretty much a flat line, not comparable to the ups and downs of even the c-list MCU characters at this point.

Batman is rapidly reaching the same situation as the X-men movies: back in the early 2000s, these were inarguably some of the best superhero movies around. But the genre has moved on, and these franchises have fallen behind the curve. Yet another Batman reboot isn't going to instantly draw fans because we've SEEN Batman a dozen times already and while his basic story is a good one we fucking need more than that now.

At this point, I think what Batman needs is something like a HBO or (actually good) Netflix series, because that way he actually has the room to grow instead of rehashing the same narrow window over and over.

oof

>You have to wedge Deadpool, Venom and Aquaman in there too.
Why? Because their movies made big box office? Then YOU have to wedge Carol in there.
Honestly, Deadpool sorta wore on me a little bit by the end of the second movie. I deeply regret watching the supercut. Hardy was 10x more interesting than Venom. And Aquaman is just this dudebro having undersea Lord of the Rings adventures. His box office is deceptively large and puffed with Chinabux.

Now how does this chart take into account elements such as, "Hugh Jackman as Wolverine and not just Wolverine"?

People were emotional over Iron Man and Wolverine because they knew it was the actor's final role for that character that had been going on for 10 (or more ) years.

Deadpool and Venom have always been big for a while, but Aquaman is more debatable

Deadpool definitely because he's made it to pop culture. Aquaman kinda? Venom is still a no desu, I'd argue casuals prefer Thor or the Guardians to Venom.

Z i n g !

Stark is a whiny alcoholic pussy while RDJ is a badass who did actual prison time. And not those cush celeb prisons but a hard-ass prison where he was forced to join a neo-nazi gang and fought people for phone privileges.

Attached: prison_wide-67c6f3a91ee8efbec2441acbbac0bfc527331e8f-s800-c85.jpg (800x448, 94K)

Is it bad I didn't cry? If anything, I felt happy for Tony. He's spent most of his life trying to protect the ones he loves, failing to do so on many occasions, but with this one last stunt, he managed to save the entire universe and died knowing he saved the ones he loves.

Attached: Bobby hahaw.gif (500x375, 495K)

>13 episode season
>each episode is roughly an hour long, kind of plays like a mini movie
>different villain for each episode
>Joker shows up exactly once (maybe in the finale) but is mentioned/on the periphery quite a bit, you feel him as a presence
>Robin in s2
>Batgirl in s3

I'd love this.

>The problem with Batman is that he is both overplayed and underdeveloped, movie wise.
The problem is that he is an angry goon with a miltary arsenal and bond gadgets.

And that he's so corporately important to WB/DC that there's zero chance of him being developed in any interesting way whatsoever.

Attached: Mister Furious.jpg (500x517, 80K)

An improvement that keeps the key parts of the original character.

he's more quippy but the essence is still there

I'm pretty sure he's referring to mullet supes back in the 90s.

>he is much better
>no "devil in bottle" storyline
>better
Fuck off, MCUcasual.

Yeah, I don't think there's even anyone in this thread autistic enough to have sobbed over "Le Comic Hero Dies (for reals! This One Will Stick, no really!)"
At least I hope not.

I'm gonna be 100% with you guys. I never liked Iron Man in his own books. His best runs came in 2000s. He has some good stories sprinkled in there but overall he is pretty mediocre. His Matt Fraction is his best run. So, imo, I always liked RDJ Iron Man more than classic

Don’t ever underestimate Yea Forums. Or overestimate in this case, I guess

Saved for posterity.

Attached: 3DF8FFD9-A7C8-4F51-ACD4-E4376FEDE216.jpg (313x500, 23K)

>Calling anyone a casual
>When he can't even get the name of the arc right
It's Demon in a Bottle.

Name like 5 stories that even close to Demon in a Bottle in Iron Man's lineup. Demon in a Bottle is a major stand out

You sure? My 4 year old niece didn't watch the movie and still recognized a Venom toy I had lying around.

Shitty Bone-Hulk killing Superman would be like ROGAL ZHARRRRR! killing Supergirl next week, everyone would shrug, knowing that her character would outlive that terrible OC shit.

I remember the hype around Death of Superman, it was "collector hype" with some normie-hype (who weren't jaded to the idea that comics kill characters all the fucking time).

I cired tears of happiness that he was able to die with dignity before the franchise machine had managed to suck him dry of all charm and appeal.

He was granted a fine death. Luke wasn't so lucky.

>recognizable = popular
I guess Orange Man is the most popular person in the world then.

Poor Mark Hamill.
Imagine having the highlight of your entire life being destroyed in front of you like that. At least he still have his Joker.

I guess? They won't stop talking about him.

>but now after Iron Man comes Spider Man
I don't believe it

Butthurt Star Wars manbabby detected.

Were they jaded to the idea back in 1993? I mean resurrections became more frequent after the 80s, IIRC, I'd argue in the early 90s deaths could still conceivably 'stick'.

Not Superman though. Definitely not Superman.

>I'd argue in the early 90s deaths could still conceivably 'stick'.
Your lack of knowledge of old comics is showing, and its GLARING.

Superman has died at least 10 times in comics, newfag user.

Are we pretending the killing joke never happened? Because I'm 100% on board with that.

>Venom and Aquaman
Flavor of the month at best.

>Venom
>Flavor of the month
The movie maybe but he's been fairly big in the comics for a while. I mean we had what, three fucking back to back Venom themed events?

Yup, it was agreed by everybody like 2 hours after it dropped.

Conventional death is meaningless for A-listers but universe resets are more frequent than people realize. That's more than death; that's being erased out of existence.

>fairly big in the comics
Well whoop de fucking do.
So was Spawn, for a while.
Venom has reached Hit-Girl levels of public consciousness, WOW.

Oh right, forgot that moviefags didn't give a shit about comics.

What are you talking about? This is Venom's second time even!
First in the 90s, though that lasted way longer than a month but still applies, and now after the movie

>Captain America

I'd put him below Wonder Woman. Possibly even below Thor.

I'd argue that he's more then a flavor of the month at this point and has a legit fanbase but whatever.

Aquaman maybe, but Venom has been hot for a bit.

No, you forget that Comicfags are the ONLY ones who give a shit about comics.
I've read them for over 30 years, and that's been a constant the entire time.
A television show can put a character higher in the public's awareness/fondness than 40 years of comics. Comic books are amongst the nichiest niche.

Attached: HulkBixby.jpg (338x425, 21K)

I'm not counting Superdickery and similar nonsense storytelling. I'm talking about Bronze Age onwards, and I'm looking at deaths that weren't reversed in the span of an issue/arc.

Who were the major deaths of the period that fit these criteria? Jean Grey didn't stick, Jason Todd stuck, Mar-Vell stuck, Norman Osborn stuck (at the time), Gwen Stacy stuck, Barry Allen stuck (at the time), etc.

There were quite a few major characters who died and stayed dead. The ressurectionpallooza was far more prevalent in the 90s onwards.

Sure, but everyone knows Venom. I'm pretty sure that normies were more familiar with him than the green goblin before the sam raimi movies thanks to his memorable design and constant apperance on covers.

Attached: spidermanvenommaximumcarnage-1000x625w.jpg (1000x625, 99K)

Wasn't there a comic about Batman vs the Hulk? That wouldn't exist if the TV show didn't make Hulk as important as he ended up being.

The only Batman movie in living memory to have given the Bat any kind of emotional arc and character growth was the Lego Batman Movie.

Just let that sink in.

Each season 1 episode has a different "crime of the week" but there's an overarching story of Bruce trying to stop the Red Hood gang, last episode is him confronting them in Ace Chemicals, only for the masked leader to fall in to one of the vats. Credits roll and you hear a laugh start and get more and more deranged before it's full on Joker just as it cuts out.

Lego Movie 2 had him getting married. A movie about bricks and pop culture treats Batman with more maturity than the current comics.

Really? I remember that Batman Returns started one with Selena.

Batman has always been "well-known" but there have been entire decades when he wasn't "popular".
Which is where I think we are again; I honestly feel that the one-two of BvS and JUSTice League probably sent the character back to one of his lowest points. Those movies would have made Batman and Robin levels of money if the MCU wasn't keeping the genre red-hot.

Attached: Affleckbruce.png (2880x1200, 844K)

Of the MCU? Yeah. In general it's still a toss between Spiderman and Batman.

Is there a decent rip of Endgame yet? I don't even know where to look anymore.

Fred flintstone as preacher?

tony stark is now a pretty good adaptation of RDJ

>this is what comic book readers really think

Wolverine still has a huge holdover from like the 90's were he was fucking huge
I mean for a long time no one really gave a fuck about Iron Man, even Warmachine was mroe popular at one point

Attached: 1556789558297.gif (300x186, 446K)

What's wrong, does you city have laws against solo movie attendance?

and THAT's a GOOD thing

Batman was always the nerdiest fucking nerd shit on the planet.

Then a little movie called Batman premiered and literally overnight Batman was the coolest shit ever. People were dressing up as Batman on halloween.

Even if you ignore the comics TV shows are still a thing. I mean fuck, it wasn't too long ago that Cartoon Network was literally running Teen Titans 24/7 for multiple days in a row

people forget that before 89, the main thing batman was known for was the 60's show

It's not just comics, man. Cartoon adaptations, games, campy tv shows, multiple film versions, licensed manga and animu. Iron Man had a few of these, but the other two have been a part of pop culture for way longer. It also helps they have a great rogues gallery and arcs. Just look around the thread, most people prefer RDJ Stark to his comics counterpart, unless they keep making him closer to the movie version that'll be a problem going forward.

To add to this it wasn't too long that the Arkham games were pretty huge as well

Also he was always very prominent in Spider-Man games. I don't even remember if the Goblin appeared in the PSX one.

True, I can vouch for plenty of normies asking why Green Lantern wasn't black.

Civil War put Iron Man up there with Gambit as the most hated marvel character in existence. Matt Fraction's run brought him back but for a time it seemed like Iron Man was done.

>Gambit
Why? He had a long-running comic in the early 00s, he was in every X-Men cartoon, I'd definitely put Bleedball above Gambit, or if you want to go earlier, Teen Tony?

>most people prefer RDJ Stark to his comics counterpart, unless they keep making him closer to the movie version that'll be a problem going forward.
616 Tony doesn't exist anymore. Any Tony in the comics has been RDJ-lite without any of the charisma for the last few years and no one likes it.

>Is it bad I didn't cry?
Nah im on the same boat as you. I love RJ and Iron-Man was my favorite character of the MCU but when he died i didn't shed a tear mainly because I was expecting it and because I was happy with how they do it. If there was a time to kill IM it was now and they did him justice. Completely satisfied

Attached: D5K3-7pU4AIIwEY.jpg (676x1200, 162K)

*tips fedora*

To save money, time, and gas

Not anymore. The mcu spiderman did something to the character. I'm not saying it devalue him but, it changed the general perception of him. It's hard to explain

difficult to imagine

Your gf is a brainlet who worships cartoon characters as deities.

>it felt earned and it was awesome
You're a brainlet too for praising a capeshit cartoon for "earning" amything.

Your problem is thinking that movies define icons. But icons are icons because they exist within all avenues of public consciousness. Dr Strange has been in 3 or 4 movies now. Is he an icon? People are attached to Iron Man because they are attached to Robert Downey Jr.

Completely different, Tony is supposed to be more masculine, like a James Bond type but scummier because he's an American corporate capitalist. He's kind of impish, but not as jokey.

He's supposed to deal with corporate espionage, militant terrorism and fight the enemies of Americas economic interests

Attached: robocop2_05.jpg (350x192, 18K)

This makes me upset.

Attached: 1557423787190.jpg (620x938, 349K)

I've been saying this for years. It's good to see someone else sees it too. Now with the MCU being this popular, I wonder if they'll port him over completely.

Attached: 1557334990863.png (986x645, 844K)

Okay....doesn’t everybody though?

*Catholic

It turned him from a classical superhero into the everyman highschooler he started out as in the comics. It literally makes him smaller, less cool, in public opinion - but that doesn't mean he's a worse character or anything. He just needs to grow into the hero role to become as hype-worthy as the other stars. In 10 years, unless Marvel fucks up(which is not unlikely) Spider-Man will be back on top.

Man of Steel was nothing to write home about.

Dark Knight is still the best superhero movie of all time. Nowhere near as forgotten as X men.

Dark Knight is iver a decade old. Also, Bruce did not sacrifice his life

no

It turned him into a doe-eyed little bitch boy who dreams of having Stark's cock up his twink ass. Instead of doing what is right because of his feelings of responsility and wish to atone for his Uncle, now his hero work is seemingly motivated by barely anything but his idol worship. MCU literally destroyed the core of Pete's character and it's no wonder people don't like that.

>I've been saying this for years. It's good to see someone else sees it too.
It's a common sentiment in the fellow tonyfag circles I frequent outside of Yea Forums.

God I hate MCU Peter.

Faithful adaptions of 50 year old comic characters can't really exist, unless you're adapting a very specific part of the character's history. RDJ made the character likable and the writers didn't strip away enough of his defining features to make him unrecognizable, so he's about as valid as any other incarnation of Tony Stark.

I think he's gonna get two trilogies as well as being in all the team-up movies, they're pushing him hard as the face of the mcu now

Attached: 1474343090659.png (873x623, 133K)

Dunno that's exactly how I imagine a young billionaire would do.

>my dad used to work directly for sir richard benson in the 80s and he describe him as every bit crazy as you can imagine)

Attached: 1364925153131.jpg (251x251, 12K)

Seems like Far From Home is treating Tony like Uncle Ben. Peter's going to learn that with Great Power comes Great Responsibility in this movie.

Dunno. We already had that "with great power comes great responsibility" moment (in a slight roundabout way) when Peter met Tony in CW so that implied that Peter already had a dead uncle ben and Tony pretty much completes his transformation as a proper spider man

Still can't believe ironman went from like B-list superhero to Spiderman/wolverine tier

Attached: dance off bro.gif (429x343, 1.1M)

That's just a testament to its excellence, well remembered a decade out.
And he sacrafices his image, his symbol to save the city.

We'll see if it last now that he won't be in any future movies or if he'll fade back now. Personally I hope he stays, if only cause the top cape comic characters have been pretty stale for a while among normies

Well his villains aren't as popular in his own comic ,he'll just make a mark in comic book/superhero movie history.

no it didnt

>tfw when I cried at Tony dying because I always associated Iron Man with my father (like most kids, your dad is your hero)
>took me straight back to him telling me he had cancer and watching him fight it.
I don't really know why it hit me that hard.
Maybe I'm just an over emotional fag.

Attached: 1556840118704.png (792x593, 584K)

>"Would you ever be able to rest?"
>"It's okay, we'll be fine. You can rest now."
A very nice call back.

I didn't either, although I did come close when Pepper starts talking to him. Seeing people break down gets to me.

Come on, it was honest mistake.
None and that is why i hate that they did adapt it even Favreau himself wanted it.

I guess i am really the only one in Yea Forums who prefers original Tony Stark more.
How much times have chanced.

Attached: 1370024706127.jpg (339x326, 28K)

And where do you think you? You movie casuals should leave if you don't read comics.

Or he doesn't want to support disney.

Does the Catholic Church own God?

Attached: 1547171085678.jpg (1024x700, 64K)

> YOU HAVE TO LIKE EVERYTHING MCU HAS DONE OR YOU ARE BAITING
Jesus, you movie casuals are the worst.

Attached: 1351453097462.png (140x152, 26K)

I don't think that's actually the case. Iron Man merch has probably experienced a golden era of profitability, but Iron Man as a character in any other media is miles behind Iron Man as RDJ. The name's big now, but it doesn't have the fundamental foundation behind it.

Lego Batman.