Immortal Hulk #17 Preview

In light of the recent reports regarding Immortal Hulk selling way above expectations, let's take a look at next week's preview, in which Banner tries to escape Shadow Base after the ambush.

>Bruce Banner is trapped inside Shadow Base Site A — powerless and hunted by their top assassin. He can’t run forever. He can’t change form. He can’t survive…without THE IMMORTAL HULK. But not the one you think.

IT'S FIX-IT TIME!

Attached: Immortal-Hulk-17.jpg (780x1200, 86K)

Don't worry guys, Doc Samson should be fine.

Attached: Hulk-1.png (787x1200, 364K)

And with the change of driver, it comes a new inner dialogue color scheme...

Attached: Hulk-2.png (787x1200, 358K)

Sneaky!

Attached: Hulk-3.png (788x1200, 447K)

Attached: Hulk-4.png (789x1200, 427K)

End of preview.

Attached: Hulk-5.png (788x1200, 411K)

That's literally the Starship troopers's bug aliens

Oh I hadn't noticed, but that's Bennet being lazy again.

>Make a cyborg who can alter his physical appeaeance practically at will
>Don't think that maybe they should give him to ability to protect his nuts too

holy shit
what's it selling

According to preliminar reports , it's on the 4th spot in the top 10 of April 2019, outselling Batman.

Did the second printing incentive variant come out soon enough to have an effect on those sales?

Oh, it's good to have some Joe.

Pocket sand!

Starship Troopers.

Attached: giphy[1].gif (450x253, 2.33M)

BATFAGS ETERNALLY BTFO

>outselling Batman
WHAT?!

How is Ewing this powerful?

Attached: I don't get it.jpg (753x830, 267K)

Yeah, Joe likes to include a lot of movie monster Easter eggs in this run. It was especially prevalent in the Hulk in Hell arc. Maybe that's a metaphor for something.

When was the last time Batman deserved to be a top 50 selling comic on pure merit of story?

It's very likely:
>Immortal Hulk #16 (Joe Bennett 2nd Printing Wraparound Variant Cover)
It came out on April 24th, unsure of the cut-off here but it's a whole 2 weeks before these reports are usually compiled.
It is a new era, a new dawn of enlightenment.

Attached: CO_incarnate.jpg (956x608, 73K)

I'd argue for the first year of Snyder's run. Maybe a few arcs in his run after that.

I'd argue that you are just way too attached to Batman.

I'm not a Batman fan. Court of Owls was just solid enough that it deserves to be somewhere around #30 or the high 20s.

so is it just me or the hiatus this time lasted longer than a month? I was hoping the twice a month thing would have been the new norm but probably Al was overwhelmed by work

Deserved, give him a fucking raise

It might have been on Ewing because of No Road Home and Marvel #1000.

>so is it just me or the hiatus this time lasted longer than a month?
It's supposed to be 18 issues a year, which means 6 months of 1 issue, interlaced with 6 months of double-shipping. This month is one of these.

>jay and miles
i used to listen to rachel and miles a long time ago, had to go see what happened, thought maybe they divorced and miles got a new partner, didnt expect his wife to turn into a dude

>its joe
How the fuck is Fixit taking banner's body? Is artificial sun bring him to the surface and thats why he was the vegas hulk?

The book has been shifted to the middle of the month instead of the beginning. from now on. This month we'll be getting 2 issues but with a 1-week gap now.

Yeah. Remember Savage Banner? It's something like that.

It's a DID thing. The Joe alter is coming to the surface to protect Bruce because he can't use the strength of the Hulk and his own smarts are useless.

He's been doing top job on low tier books (shit numbers) for five years straight. That's probably how in theory a comic writer is supposed to slowly raise to fame instead of being thrown on Batman or Avengers after one critically acclaimed mini that barely escaped midway cancellation

He writes good shit.

The 80s?

Morrison
T.marvelchad

I just read the whole run.

>mfw "Because I love you, you stupid kid. Someone has to."

Attached: udda6Df.jpg (645x773, 131K)

A combination of a high demand incentive cover propelling an already high selling comic even higher combined with King fucking destroying Batman's sales with how bad it is.

Yeah, from what little he said about Marvel #1000, it sounds like that was really hard to pull off. Very little sleep and a lot of missed meals.

kudos to the guy I foolishly dubbed Sales Poison

Ewing’s already working on the #20s for the series, he’s far ahead. We’re getting #18 right away too.

where is the copypasta

Tom King is just that shitty and Ewing is that good. Seriously though, Tom King has managed to do the impossible and drive even hardcore Batfags from the book with his shitty emo writing, slow pace, and just endless filler.

Batkeks btfo

How bad are Batman's sales, anyway?

According to March 2019's report:
>4) Batman #67 84,463
>5) Batman #66 83,102

And until then, Immortal Hulk was pulling:
>17) Immortal Hulk #15 53,120
So #16 must've gotten an extra push in April.

So I'm guessing that this issue will end with the reveal of the Rick-Blonsky Abomination.

It just occurred to me that Rick-Blonsky Abomination could be a callback not just to A-Bomb, but also a twisted version of his relationship to Mar-Vell and Genis.

This will be my final post on Yea Forums.

How can anyone think that this is scary for real ? How can anyone take seriously a horror book with the Hulk as a supposed to be frightening monster ? How can anyone see the Hulk as frightening for real in this book ?
"Ouh, the Hulk is smiling, so unsetlling, this is so scary guys..." why are you lying to yourself like that ?
You guys are just forcing onto yourself the new fade there will be in this hivemind of a board, with the blandest, tamest, most classicly safe comic book there can be, while your selective outrage is shitting on Bendis' Superman for things that would be praised if they were written by someone else, but NOOOOOOOOOOOO you have to shit on it even if it's good because the hivemind dictates you to do so !!!

No wonder you can't get laid, but guess what ? I got a girlfriend now. For the first time of my life after 24 years I finally got a girlfriend, and all that nerd fuss has become so irritating since.
I'm just leaving for good now, I had plenty of fun with that board but I'm done. I wish you to get girlfriends to, maybe it will open your eyes about the hivemind that is destructing your self, but sadly, the hivemind is probably keeping you away from being able to seduce anyone, so you're most likely trapped in a vicious circle, and sadly, there is no Savage Dragon to save you from it. I just hope that this message will maybe help you to think by yourself a bit more and to get a girlfriend to.

Enjoy your book.

>and sadly, there is no Savage Dragon to save you from it
Well good thing Erik Larsen is going to participate in the upcoming Anniversary issue.

This run has been such a pleasant surprise. Really loving it.

Nobody's saying it's scary. At least not in the classical sense. It's gory, somewhat, but it's mostly good in the sense that it's offering a new perspective on Hulk. And while i don't really love the whole hell/satan thing i do appreciate the art and the characters.

Also is this what bait looks like on Yea Forums?

It's copypasta. Enjoy your stay.

˙ʞooq ɹnoʎ ʎoɾuǝ

˙oʇ puǝıɹɟlɹıƃ ɐ ʇǝƃ oʇ puɐ ǝɹoɯ ʇıq ɐ ɟlǝsɹnoʎ ʎq ʞuıɥʇ oʇ noʎ dlǝɥ ǝqʎɐɯ llıʍ ǝƃɐssǝɯ sıɥʇ ʇɐɥʇ ǝdoɥ ʇsnɾ ı ˙ʇı ɯoɹɟ noʎ ǝʌɐs oʇ uoƃɐɹp ǝƃɐʌɐs ou sı ǝɹǝɥʇ 'ʎlpɐs puɐ 'ǝlɔɹıɔ snoıɔıʌ ɐ uı pǝddɐɹʇ ʎlǝʞıl ʇsoɯ ǝɹ,noʎ os 'ǝuoʎuɐ ǝɔnpǝs oʇ ǝlqɐ ƃuıǝq ɯoɹɟ ʎɐʍɐ noʎ ƃuıdǝǝʞ ʎlqɐqoɹd sı puıɯǝʌıɥ ǝɥʇ 'ʎlpɐs ʇnq 'ɟlǝs ɹnoʎ ƃuıʇɔnɹʇsǝp sı ʇɐɥʇ puıɯǝʌıɥ ǝɥʇ ʇnoqɐ sǝʎǝ ɹnoʎ uǝdo llıʍ ʇı ǝqʎɐɯ 'oʇ spuǝıɹɟlɹıƃ ʇǝƃ oʇ noʎ ɥsıʍ ı ˙ǝuop ɯ,ı ʇnq pɹɐoq ʇɐɥʇ ɥʇıʍ unɟ ɟo ʎʇuǝld pɐɥ ı 'ʍou pooƃ ɹoɟ ƃuıʌɐǝl ʇsnɾ ɯ,ı
˙ǝɔuıs ƃuıʇɐʇıɹɹı os ǝɯoɔǝq sɐɥ ssnɟ pɹǝu ʇɐɥʇ llɐ puɐ 'puǝıɹɟlɹıƃ ɐ ʇoƃ ʎllɐuıɟ ı sɹɐǝʎ 42 ɹǝʇɟɐ ǝɟıl ʎɯ ɟo ǝɯıʇ ʇsɹıɟ ǝɥʇ ɹoɟ ˙ʍou puǝıɹɟlɹıƃ ɐ ʇoƃ ı ¿ ʇɐɥʍ ssǝnƃ ʇnq 'pıɐl ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ ɹǝpuoʍ ou

¡¡¡ os op oʇ noʎ sǝʇɐʇɔıp puıɯǝʌıɥ ǝɥʇ ǝsnɐɔǝq pooƃ s,ʇı ɟı uǝʌǝ ʇı uo ʇıɥs oʇ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ oooooooooooou ʇnq 'ǝslǝ ǝuoǝɯos ʎq uǝʇʇıɹʍ ǝɹǝʍ ʎǝɥʇ ɟı pǝsıɐɹd ǝq plnoʍ ʇɐɥʇ sƃuıɥʇ ɹoɟ uɐɯɹǝdns ,sıpuǝq uo ƃuıʇʇıɥs sı ǝƃɐɹʇno ǝʌıʇɔǝlǝs ɹnoʎ ǝlıɥʍ 'ǝq uɐɔ ǝɹǝɥʇ ʞooq ɔıɯoɔ ǝɟɐs ʎlɔıssɐlɔ ʇsoɯ 'ʇsǝɯɐʇ 'ʇsǝpuɐlq ǝɥʇ ɥʇıʍ 'pɹɐoq ɐ ɟo puıɯǝʌıɥ sıɥʇ uı ǝq llıʍ ǝɹǝɥʇ ǝpɐɟ ʍǝu ǝɥʇ ɟlǝsɹnoʎ oʇuo ƃuıɔɹoɟ ʇsnɾ ǝɹɐ sʎnƃ noʎ
¿ ʇɐɥʇ ǝʞıl ɟlǝsɹnoʎ oʇ ƃuıʎl noʎ ǝɹɐ ʎɥʍ "˙˙˙sʎnƃ ʎɹɐɔs os sı sıɥʇ 'ƃuıllʇǝsun os 'ƃuılıɯs sı ʞlnɥ ǝɥʇ 'ɥno"
¿ ʞooq sıɥʇ uı lɐǝɹ ɹoɟ ƃuıuǝʇɥƃıɹɟ sɐ ʞlnɥ ǝɥʇ ǝǝs ǝuoʎuɐ uɐɔ ʍoɥ ¿ ɹǝʇsuoɯ ƃuıuǝʇɥƃıɹɟ ǝq oʇ pǝsoddns ɐ sɐ ʞlnɥ ǝɥʇ ɥʇıʍ ʞooq ɹoɹɹoɥ ɐ ʎlsnoıɹǝs ǝʞɐʇ ǝuoʎuɐ uɐɔ ʍoɥ ¿ lɐǝɹ ɹoɟ ʎɹɐɔs sı sıɥʇ ʇɐɥʇ ʞuıɥʇ ǝuoʎuɐ uɐɔ ʍoɥ

/oɔ/ uo ʇsod lɐuıɟ ʎɯ ǝq llıʍ sıɥʇ

As Above
So Below

Just a copypasta that got posted on the first issue's storytime. It's now tradition to repost it on every Immortal Hulk thread.

There's also the "as above, so below" version here

I'm kinda surprised THAT page hasn't been posted yet. You know the one.

This.
Tom King is just that bad. I keep telling myself that maybe this is a good thing and people will stop asking for super-autist Batman but then kingfags crawl out of hot-topic to defend him and I just don't know.

based

aw fuck. i need to lurk Yea Forums moar.

Page from #18 with another tiny glimpse at the new Abomination.

Attached: 57488028_416492898907905_3884029957303454314_n[1].jpg (1080x1080, 277K)

>the fingers flush grey after they break
>the blood stain on his thigh is turning grey
nothing stopping him from transforming on the inside? where the sunlight can't penetrate?

Pretty sure that's just bruising and the light respectively.

Check the pants, grey staining starts under the red blood and seeps upward (presumably as joe's blood covers banners initial leakage). The whole thigh is grey in the bottom right panel.

Looks more like an art error to me. There's no stain at all on the next page.

Attached: RADIOACTIVE ANT SURPRISE.jpg (521x345, 54K)

>Gray Banner
I still think this is fucking brilliant.

Can Bruce's DID be cured?

Not if he just out-sold the Batman.

It sort of happened before, but it didn't really take. So yes, but not really.

Attached: hulk377g.jpg (943x1266, 675K)

Has The Batman been killed?

Attached: 1616036-cover_playbuzz-1516703815-176-640x480.jpg (640x480, 48K)

Soon, Fren,
At the hands of The Immortal Hulk!

Would another attempt be successful or make things worse?

Doesn't Spidey outsell the Batman?

Attached: 1555643490125.png (468x484, 334K)

Kind of a toss up, because so far every time it's happened, it's either undone or leads to an even more dangerous and unstoppable Hulk. So the answer is yes.

It always goes badly.
Lurk more.
Banner is the most deranged protagonist ever written.

>Marvel Jews their way into 50% of comic market
>DC cuts back 25%
>somehow it's a surprise when sales reflect this
I know you're just comic readers and not real book readers, but come on, fellas.

Heck yeah. Brundlefly showed up in Hulk in Hell.

>Devil Hulk is a father figure identity for Bruce, but he never knew what a good father was like

Attached: 1519850716690.jpg (424x522, 66K)

I'd add on a certain level Bruce will never be able to truly integrate all his personalities, because definitively facing the fact that he's everything his father thought he would be and more would break him.

Oh, I'm well lurked. It's just that usually either circumstances ruin things, or the universe splits off and comes back together, he "dies" or otherwise gets reset to the Savage Hulk, or it's an alternate future. We never REALLY get to see an "integrated" Hulk for very long.

Attached: Incredible Hulk Epic Collection - Future Imperfect-260.jpg (1988x3056, 2.99M)

He never turned back into Banner. Artificial sun just weakened his hulk form and the joe Fixit personality took over. Everyone thinks he's transformed back to banner when its just the hulk form severely weakened.

Did they just use the starship trooper's bugs?

No he turned to banner for like five seconds before joe came out because banner couldn’t handle it

Well, now we know where they came from.

honestly I wouldn't mind them doing a Professor Hulk again, and this time have it be semi-permanent, pretty much everything involving Hulk after WWH till now besides Immortal Hulk has shown that the standard Hulk formula has gotten worn out, so hopefully Immortal Hulk will end with something along the lines of that

The problem is that starts infringing on Cho's shtick but if it leads to Cho going back to being a smart guy instead of male-She-Hulk the better

Would fucking a Hulk be healthy? The body fluid is probably radioactive.

Do Hulks have enhanced senses? Could they smell the sweat and farts from all those women?

>outselling Batman
this makes my penis the big penis

The relationship wont last and you'll be back to posting on Yea Forums soon after your little break.

You know user that the book will go back to spot #25 or worse again right? I mean does this month also have a crazy variant?

>pretty much everything involving Hulk after WWH till now besides Immortal Hulk has shown that the standard Hulk formula has gotten worn out

Hey, don't forget the Jeff Parker run was pretty good in a fun Saturday Morning Cartoon sort of way. But then again that wasn't exactly the standard formula.

Not so far. We've have to wait until next month for the next crazy cover.

Attached: Immortal_Hulk_Vol_1_19_Textless.jpg (791x1200, 133K)

Yeah.

DC cutting back on their book output doesn't excuse the fact that Batman still sold less than it should last month, since less titles do not also translate into less units.

I kinda want a warlord esque hulk (no not gladiator/Spartacus hulk which was planet hulk). Basically make it an alternate story where banner is some peewee scholar/monk in a medieval style world. Have a gamma bomb go off, and boom, follow the adventures of Hulk trampling the thrones of kings under his green feet. Oh and maybe have Conan, I don’t know maybe as a cameo or reference. Got this just from looking at anons pic.

No, this is comic books, mental disorders can't be cured or treated because then the character would be permanently changed on a fundamental level and we can't have that.

Wouldn't a "cured" Bruce mean that he'd just be something akin to Professor Hulk 100% of the time? It's been heavily implied and shown that his "human" form is just another personality that is the true id.

>We never REALLY get to see an "integrated" Hulk for very long.

Because every time a writer decides to merge the personalities the next writer decides they don't like that, they want the old Hulk back. Writing a long-running superhero is like playing an endless game of tug-o-war where people are constantly joining in and dropping out.

Theres only been a few writerse who have actually gotten away with long time changes or having there characters be left alone.

Neil gaiman with sandman got away with it by blutnly telling DC if anyone writes it after he's done he will never work for DC again, I think starman got a contract, what else?

>Wouldn't a "cured" Bruce mean that he'd just be something akin to Professor Hulk 100% of the time?

Pretty much, yeah, but getting rid of all the other personalities would piss off the writers who want to write stories about puny Banner turning into a big green rage monster. It doesn't matter if you say "all of Bruce's personalities are merged together permanently and it can never be undone", if the next writer doesn't like that they WILL come up with a hackneyed excuse to undo it.

The problem is that most superheroes have been written by literally dozens of writers and they all have their own conflicting ideas on what the heroes "should" be. Like I said, it's like an endless game of tug-o-war. Changes the last writer made being undone by the next writer, who makes changes of their own, which get undone by the next writer...

Yeah, most of the actual ones that gotten the changes to stick were never directed to the main characters and more to either obscure, original or side characters like shade or morpheus, batman is basically untouchable if its mainline, sure you can make changes stick in a alternate earth but that is irrelevent cause after the spinoff book you wont ever see this alt vampire batman again

Yeah, I remember people trying to defend Monstermen, but I think the real breaking point was the Wedding.

It was the ultimate fanservice story that almost everyone wanted or didn't know they wanted. the only reason I was able to withstand Jokes and Riddles was because the wedding was on the horizon

And that's the problem with western comics in a nutshell: all the really interesting stuff is non-canon.

Well less non canon and more irrelevant.

Like metaphysics in marvel and DC is actually rather interesting but since its 99% capeshit they dont go into it, like how Morpheus and his siblings are pretty much immune to any retcon DC had done and characters like brainiac became a multiversal god being and also figured out how to go timelines that shouldnt exist

Who cares about that, here's another story about Batman beating up the Joker for the ten billionth time. Fuck you, buy it. You don't deserve nice things.

It is a shame, I did like how bats was worried if gotham would send something worse at him if he killed the joker and gotham is like fucking a hellgate or something

If less people go to comic shops to buy other books, they have less incentive to go to comic shops to buy Batman. Meanwhile, Marvel keeps making that theoretical money buy overshipping books and pretending digital sales exist.

Everything has to remain easily recognizable for the normies and kids. Must rehash the same stories over and over again. No change allowed. Beep boop.

Welcome! You newfag, enjoy the stay!

I would love to have this series ink-only version, its so damn gorgeous

I...like that aspect of superhero comics. Different Writers coming in with their own take on a character. Sometimes it doesn’t work out but when it does it’s quite interesting. Moore’s swamp thing would never have happened if only one creator ever did swamp thing

Probably but there's a risk that he might crush you if he gets handy

Bennet is one of these artists who looks better in b/w, it's not that the colorists are bad at all (even though they HAVE made mistakes before in here), but it just takes away a lot of the punch some of its scenes have. His monsters are great, though...