Spider-Man Life Story #3 preview

It's that time again.

Attached: 758972._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg (1280x1969, 164K)

Attached: SMLIFESTORY.jpg (756x1148, 363K)

Attached: SMLIFESTORY-2.jpg (756x1148, 445K)

Attached: SMLIFESTORY-3.jpg (756x1148, 449K)

Oh fuck, he really is doing Secret Wars.

Attached: SMLIFESTORY-4.jpg (756x1148, 344K)

Attached: SMLIFESTORY-5.jpg (756x1148, 344K)

Aunt May senile, Ock fighting on the side of the bad guys

I wonder if these two things are related

Oh fug

Crap, why did Otto relapse?
Cap is still there
Other than Spidey and the FF, Wolverine and Cyclops are dressed differently.
She Hulk seems to be wearing the same colors as Ben

Aunt May's going senile.

Chip did a good.

Maybe Ock is going senile too.

I'm guessing it's because he couldn't find a way to prevent May's Alzheimer's

so he heard "oh YES, Ben!" one time too many and turned full villain again

Maximum kek.

Something I wasn't clear on in the last issue was whether or not Reed knew Peter was Spider-Man. But it looks like he did know, just never said it outright?

>Iron Man
How's that fucker still alive at this point?

Through the power of alcohol.

Maybe it's Rhodey like in the original

We don't know who's under the armor yet, but in the original Secret Wars it was Rhodey.

We also don't know what happened with the Vietnam War until this issue is out, I think.

Twins huh? Are we doing a Mayday and Benjy or Mayday and Annie?

NO I WANT MORE. I WANT MORE UGH

>Secret Wars with Peter getting the black suit
>Cover is clearly a reference to Kraven's Last Hunt
>Symbiote Spider-Man doing Last Hunt
Oh fuck bros this is gonna be pretty fucking hype.

Attached: SUBARASHII.jpg (720x779, 67K)

We don't know that yet, didn't they say this would take place in 1987 as well?

I wonder when they got married, this also might've meant that Peter might not have been in a relationship with Felicia.

Well if she's 9 months pregnant, then presumably they've been at least married since 1983, so Peter would have been a pretty huge piece of shit if he was dating Felicia during that time (about when it happened in the comics irl.)

How old is Otto? I never got the impression that he was May's age. I figured he was about 50 when introduced, so only ~70 now.

So Reed is showing his age and Ock does look like he's greying. I assume Johnny would also be Peter's age at this point (even if we can't see it due to him flaming on), but I really wonder what's keeping Doom and Magneto going.

Magneto would only be a little over 60 at this point, about the same age as Ian Mckellen in X-Men 1/2

doom could have put his mind in christoff's body or just a clone

>Peter is 37
>May is 90
Is the 53 year gap canon? That would mean she's 81 in the 616 universe, right?

On one end, I really like this series, on the other hand, I really feel like each decade could be spread in 3 or 4 issues.

It's really a love letter to the fans, as it requires to know a lot about 616 Spidey to really figure what is going on.

>I really feel like each decade could be spread in 3 or 4 issues.
I believe that's what Zdarsky wanted, but Marvel shot him down

Consider this, user: Magneto is one of the very few characters that isn't tied to the sliding timescale. Him going in current comics makes a lot less sense then him going here. He'd be only in his 60s here, 70s at the absolute latest. Conversely, he's actually in his 90s in current comics.

It's a real shame but the mini series is still fantastic even if its fast paced.

>but Marvel shot him down
Well, fuck.

Didn't they do some magic de-aging process to justify it? Of course, that only introduces more problems like him being a close friend and confidant of Xavier, a man half his age. It would also mean that he sat around doing nothing for 50 years until the X-Men showed up

>Didn't they do some magic de-aging process to justify it?

They did. I don't know if Zdarsky would include that in or not, though.

I doubt he would get into it. 7 issues is already barely any time to fit all the shit he wants to; he's not going to waste time on the clusterfuck that is X-Men lore.

I'm not talking about the comic itself, I'm talking about the universe he's set up in general. He said he initially planned it to be miniseries about a Marvel Universe where the characters aged in real time, right? So I don't know if he would've acknowledged something like Magneto getting de-aged.

Doom is magic and Magneto went through a bit of deaging before Secret Wars.

>no Franklin or Valeria ever
This makes me suffer for a reason, and because of it i cry

It depends on when Zdarsky decided the separation happened, if it happened in the 60's before Franklin was born (he first appeared in 1968), then yeah Franklin wouldn't exist.

In around 1973-1974 though there was a time when Sue separated from Reed, because Reed shut down Franklin's mind to save the universe in Fantastic Four #141. They didn't get back together until #149. If Zdarsky counts that then Franklin exists.

>Didn't they do some magic de-aging process to justify it?
Yes, but the deaging didn't happen until a few years ago in-universe, by which point he'd already be in his 80s. 616 Magneto would be older, physically too, in Secret Wars than this Magneto would be here.

>that’s why there’s no sliding timeline

Attached: 79B98B71-E090-4EF7-95C1-A507698178AC.jpg (1242x2688, 623K)

Marvel loves revealing Chuck's secrets from the past.
At some point they'll tell a story where he and Eric stole some of old Nick's infinity formula or have been cryozenized by Mr Sinister or whatever