Could it work as a cartoon?

What does Yea Forums think? If it was a cartoon, could it work? And would you watch it?

Attached: 0c848e694f88c4415a630fc90ff0c653.jpg (638x824, 608K)

MOTHER 1 and 2 would be the same show, and I can already imagine MOTHER 3 appearing in all the tops of "the darkest, saddest and most disturbing children's shows in history".

Attached: 1545133944556.png (303x419, 57K)

how about "Earthbound: The Motion Picture"?

Could the show be broken up in to seasons?

Like the whole series in named either Earthbound or Mother, but each season deals with the 1,2, and 3?

Only if it's made by the Japanese (and maybe the French). Westerners love to change things for the sake of doing it and Mother fans are really easy to piss off.

>French
Maybe the people behind Wakfu?

Not after Wakfu S3.

I'd watch it, but I don't know how it's going to work as a cartoon series.

Why? What happened?
I figured it would follow the games stories, which were rather simple

A to B type of deal, with the various moments in between.

Obviously it would work better as an anime, like practically any Japanese property.

Animes are just cartoons though.

We already had Peanuts tho.

Attached: 1431288331417.jpg (1600x1200, 616K)

Based.

I was just thinking what a Mother 3 comic would look like. Don't know why they are sitting on this franchise.

The South Park Coon and Friends trilogy is the closest we'll ever get to an Earthbound cartoon.

The problem with Mother 3 is that it both builds off the source material in a way that feels like a side story barely alluded to in Mother 2 (Giygas is dead, Pokey runs away), and it's too different from Earthbound in terms of flavoring that it would alienate the audience.

I still say that works to its credit, since you don't need to have played the previous games to utterly hate Pokey.

Plus the game itself does clue you in on the important bits like Pokeys conflict with Ness' group.

Ah Jesus, you're making me sad about all the early 10's fancomics that were inevitably given up on (except Chosen Four because it's too powerful to be stopped.)

This, Mother fans have been split up by "people who like Mother" and "basically fujos who like Homestuck" as far back as I can remember. You normally wouldn't be able to make everyone happy anyway, but no one's more persistent about getting what they want than these fuckers.

Anyone remember when Fangamer was a pariah with a handful of Mother-themed T-shirts and not a developer diplomacy project?

Attached: 1525478381185.jpg (900x360, 57K)

Itoi’s project only does things when Itoi wants it to. It would be like if you had Rocky without any input from Stallone whatsoever

How is South Park like Mother?

>Peanuts characters with PSI abilities
So chuck is the healslut paladin, Lucy and Peppermint Patty are the offensive PSI girls, Marcie is the tech Nerd and Snoopy is the support dog.

Kids fighting eldritch horrors?

Fucking hell, I miss Memoria.

Mother 1 and 2 are, bizarrely like the first 2 Evil Dead movies. They pretty much tell the same story but the second does it a bit better.

My initial inclination is to muse about Laika doing some kind of stop motion story, but honestly, they seem better for Undertale if anything.

I think you could get something slick if you had the studio who made Pucca or that Shuriken School cartoon that was on Nickelodeon for all of 3 minutes and did cell shaded interpretations of Earthbound's Americana vibes, but holy fuck, I'd like to shake hands with what producer and animation staff could get away with faithfully adapting M3's story.