Marvel Comics Reaches 50% of Market Share

bleedingcool.com/2019/05/10/marvel-comics-50-april-2019-marketshare/

Hulk is now out-selling Batman, what a time to be alive.

Attached: 1537245809794.jpg (1250x662, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/industry-news/comics/article/79818-what-we-know-about-2018-graphic-novel-sales.html
marvel.fandom.com/wiki/House_of_Ideas
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cool I guess

Immortal Hulk issues have been absolutely insane on the speculation market.

I'm a DCfag but Marvel has been on point lately. Hopefully it causes the idiots over here to wake up and stop being edgy fucks

Congratulations Marvel, you now hold 50% of sales in a dying industry.

Now how does this compare to Manga sales?

That's funny because up until a few minutes ago you losers wouldn't shut up about how "DC is still winning in comics"

And they only had to publish twice as many books in comparison to DC to do it!

SEETHING

Attached: 1466487954631.jpg (640x794, 163K)

Enjoy this shitty thread.

Attached: 49129E85-9399-4E32-8682-15C530AF0245.jpg (1600x2460, 1.97M)

I know it hurts but if it makes you feel better there won't be a DC for much longer so you won't feel like you're a giant loser for picking the wrong side

>implying I care about DC either

Not shocking. DC has always been the inferior company

That's what I was referring to, yeah. Fuck DC for doing Wally that dirty

INCOMING CRASH.

>actually having 'sides' between two major companies
Is there anything more pathetic

I don't read DC, but you have to be a massive faggot to cheer Marvel. And no, I'm not an indiefag, or yuropoorfag. I actually am a marvelfag, it just that it makes me worried that marvel despite being complete garbage still manages to be on top

Well they're Based Marvel for a reason

but are they really based, or is it just another variant, just another gimmick?
because I feel really flabbergasted

They admitted that they started overshipping again for a few titles in March (Invaders and Daredevil), so who knows what they've done for April.

This is mental.

I've not been following comics week to week since late 2017/early 2018 now and I remember DC killing it at the time and Marvel putting out literally nothing worthwhile.

What happened?

so it's the former I see
I mean, some of their books are all right, but don't go to LCS tomorrow

Marvel shipped out more titles
DC cut Batman and shipped less titles

I meant latter, I wanted to say latter, but it seems like some algorithm prevented me from saying that

quality-wise nothing changed t b h, it's probably some marketing thingy

Meh. Other than Spider-Man, Marvel hasn't really been good or impressive.

Kind of in a similar boat. I've been reading Bat comics forever, but the whole line has been such a mess for a while now that I've been reading Marvel instead.

You remember wrong

What the fuck does unit share even mean? I thought DC sales were higher but maybe I'm just out of the loop. It's literally nothing if unit shares only mean how many comics they shipped to retailers

>It just that it makes me worried that marvel despite being complete garbage still manages to be on top.
The numbers don't really mean what they mean on the surface. The direct market is contracting and everyone is handling things differently.

DC and the indie publishers have seen it coming and are contracting along with it. In DC's case, they've said they foresaw it a long while ago have lowered their title count to focus more on the book market, which they saw the most potential growth in. Hence their new Zoom and Ink imprints, which have reportedly been pretty successful. They're still publishing the same volume of books overall, but they've just shifted focus away from the direct market. Which is what these numbers represent.

Marvel is the lone player not only heavily investing in the direct market but actually increasing their investment in it. For some reason they've doubled down on the familiar short-term strategies like #1s, events and variants to flood the market while everyone else is pulling away. I don't exactly know what the endgame they're seeing here, as for me personally it feels like they're just trying to do a quick cash grab while things start to deteriorate around them.

I'm more worried for the indie publishers, since the only option they have is to contract. They don't have the sheer breadth and financial backing of DC to adjust their business model like DC is right now.

Attached: icv2-comichron-2018.jpg (720x2273, 628K)

We're entering an edgy decade soon according to solar cycles. DC just has to hold the course and they will be rewarded.

DC has never been higher in sales DC fans just refused to accept reality and started making excuses

How many books is DC double shipping still?Batman, Detective and JL?

Once again:
OP is technically too late.

>it feels like they're just trying to do a quick cash grab while things start to deteriorate around them
That's literally what they're doing with the MCU. They're churning out garbage-tier movies 90% of the time while ensuring that mainstream viewers have lower and lower expectations toward the entire medium

>fans
It's never proper fans who do that. It's allways fanboys. Same with Marveldrones. They're not proper fans, just mindless sheep who will literally like anything as long as it gets them likes and recognition. Try visiting shelf threads once in a while, there you'll find proper fans

This

/shelf/ is Marvel county, we shit on DC every thread.

Marvel crushed DC in the bookstore market this year for the first time.

Based

>What happened?
See The direct market is slowing down and DC is slowly pulling out.

>Marvel Comics
>Comics Shipped: 106
>Graphic Novels Shipped: 37

>DC Comics
>Comics Shipped: 52 (heh)
>Graphic Novels Shipped: 32

DC was CLOBBERING Marvel during the Rebirth era.

Then they decided that people DON'T want the stuff they were buying, and ACTUALLY want the stuff that DC was doing during the era where nobody was buying their comics. So now we have "Rebirth's continuity with New 52's edginess". And sales are shit again. And only DC seems to be surprised about this.

>75 (SEVENTY-FIVE)% marketshare is all capeshit
And Yea Forums wonders why video games are more appealing to outsiders.

marvel hs diversified their investments, while DC always tries to not let anyone overshadow batman or superman

These numbers I don't think tell the real story about how individual publishers are doing. Looking at the bookscan numbers from 2017 you see a major shift in the book market. That image indicates that the book market has been growing, which it has been, but looking at individual publishers in 2017 DC saw a huge collapse in its GN sales.

Year - Units - Sales
2015 - 1,074,304 - $21,701,088
2016 - 1,234,047 - $23,203,071
2017 - 827,544 - $15,234,525

In 2017 DC lost nearly a 3rd of its total sales from the year before in GNs. Image and Marvel had similar situations.

>Marvel crushed DC in the bookstore market this year for the first time.
They released a $25 Infinity Gauntlet trade and a $500 Infinity Gauntlet boxed set to coincide with the movie. So they should, yes.

Attached: This is $500.jpg (2560x1489, 1.15M)

>DC was CLOBBERING Marvel during the Rebirth era
No they fucking weren't, DC still wasn't pulling ahead despite all the double shipping and marvel fucking up.

nobody in shelf reads comics

They... were though. Like they sold more to customers. This isn't open to debate. Sales were FAR higher per book.

Fuckface, the numbers are there for you to look up. They were doing similar numbers but DC was still lagging behind 2-3%. Stop arguing against facts.

>bleedingkek and their sensationalism

>And only DC seems to be surprised about this.
They don't seem "surprised" though, considering how they show no signs of changing directions. It feels like Warner has already embraced comics as IP factories and is just letting DC do whatever they want with them, even if the sales tank.

This

Why is Marvel trying so hard to kill/crash the market?

Well, that's where Ladderbro used to live.

2017 was just a terrible year for comics all around.

>Bendis goes to DC
>DC dies

One of his fans also made this very thread

Another bankruptcy period for marvel incoming.

I'm a Marvel guy but only thing worth reading from there is Hulk. Over at DC I'm reading Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter while also waiting on Creature of The Night. Comics just suck now, we should be demanding better instead of picking a side and singing it's praise despite the below average output while shitting on the other that's doing a similar below average job.

DC hired Bendis and gave him control over Superman and teen heroes. They gave King the license to be as edgy as he wanted in the worst ways possible. Doomsday Clock, their big Watchmen 2 limited series that they've been hyping up since 2016, has been in delay hell with every week a new delay announced. Meanwhile, DC has been hemorrhaging talent, and replacing that talent by either giving Bendis another book or by hiring someone from Marvel, like KSD or G. Willow Wilson. Meanwhile, a lot of the hemorrhaged talent is actually going over to Marvel now instead, so a lot of Marvel's bad talent is going to DC while a lot of DC's good talent is going to Marvel. At least The Green Lantern is great, but one amazing Green Lantern book isn't enough to right the whole ship.

The promise of Rebirth ended up being a big fat lie which has deflated interest, while Yoshida has been making an earnest effort to fix the mistakes of the terrible Alonso-era. That said, the pendulum always swings back and forth, give it some time and Marvel will be shit again and DC will be back on top. That's just how it goes.

Sure but without 2018 sale numbers we don't know shit about the actual scene.

Didn't we just get 2018 numbers?

>DC's good talent is going to Marvel.
I once asked for examples, but no one answered.

What Ink and Zoom titles have been released now? They look cute and I have I'm going to have time to catch up soon. I know the Super Sons, Mera and Catwoman books are out. Am I missing anything?

Attached: top-10-dc-comics-zoom-ink-cover-1123945.jpg (655x330, 31K)

>DC will be back on top
They never were

Fuck off. There's plenty of people who love DC there. People mostly suck Marvel dick because they are able to properly release Omnibi which is 100% true and legit

You wish. 90% of the people there know more shit about comics than almost everyone else on this entire board
>tons of shelves filled to the brim with comics (foil-free) and in used condition
>t-t-they don't read comics!
Everytime

Sh-shut up!

THIS
H
I
S

>What the fuck does unit share even mean?
Unit share is how many issues sold. Retail share is how much money made.

>I thought DC sales were higher
Over the past 10 years, DC has only had higher sales for about 5 months total. Three months at the beginning of the New 52 and two months thanks to Rebirth.

Quality wise, they always were.

Patrick Gleason

Prove all that.

It really is Marvel country. That’s mostly because DC sucks at promoting their back catalog. Right now someone at DC is deciding which eagerly awaited line of reprints to cancel midstream.
The answer: all of them

DC will be closing it's doors in a month.

/shelf/ is npc central

LOL. Nope

>just one artist

There's literally a shelf thread going on right now. Look at the discussions yourself, you lazy dick

You still butthurt that Wally is now a Villian bc of PTSD?

Jesus, grow a fucking pair, the characters are not yours to play in your canonhead.

So there is only DC or Marvel? How old are shelffags?

I'm sorry that the truth hurts you.

That's a bit much, but it is likely there will not be a 2020 for DC

It doesn’t help there is nothing to be excited for.

I mean who cares about Year of Villains aka Forever Evil 2 Electric Boogaloo?

The last thing people were excited for were Doomsday Clock and the Bat Wedding. The former is delayed fifty times and the latter was a fake-out.

What is there to care for?

>We're entering an edgy decade soon according to solar cycles
Please let it be true! I miss the 90's-2000's edginess so bad.

Attached: 3845461348_2f1c2ccd9e_z.jpg (640x628, 72K)

So you can't prove it. OK.

Imagine actually believing this

How so? In my opinion, every thread but /shelf/ is filled with NPCs who act contrarian just because
Meanwhile, you have actual discussions going on in /shelf/ threads where people actually explain why they like or dislike something and share their love for the medium as a whole. Also, people there actually read the more obscure stuff as well, that's hardly an npc-thing. Also, fuck you for using that shitty twitter-buzzword and making me use it

>discussions

>Is this good
>Yes
>Okay thanks

Fuck that, I trade every day for a publisher that does minimum events/crossovers to one that does 1 every 6 months that envolve more than 20 tie-ins and pushes some of my favourite books to the trashpile that is EVENTS:.. But yes a publisher wide storyline would be great.

Imagine being a marveldrone.

Responding to your own post doesn't make it more legitimate

Just...ignore the tie-ins and the events? That's what I do, and it's right back to normal after

Marvel is a hive mind.

>contrarian
Opinion discarded

Says the guy making a comment an NPC would make

That's rich considering this place is a DC echo chamber . Just look at the Damage Control going on in this thread

How when they push their best books to that shit?

Why the fuck you gotta say something reasonable on Yea Forums? Now I gotta call you a faggot for not engaging in company war bullshit. This is not how I wanted to start my day, I hope you are happy, faggot.

Don't lie, Tommy Ladderbro.

Shelf doesn't give a shit about comics. They just want to own stuff they'll never read.

Imagine being this scared.

>Meanwhile, you have actual discussions going on in /shelf/ threads

>Is this good
>Yes
>Ok thanks

Can you blame them the outside world is so scary and full of Ladderbros so DChads need a nice safe space like this where we can still pretend it's the late 90s/early 2000s and DC is still winning at everything despite the massive and ever growing mountain of evidence to the contrary

So they're movie casuals. I knew it.

That's why you have to make company wars.

>Ladderbro
I still don't know who the fuck this is. Does this place call anyone critical of DC that?

lurk more

I ignored infinity wars just fine

It's just one fag pushing his meme. He's also falseflagging.

Me too... by ignoring Marvel altogether.

>Does this place call anyone critical of DC that?
Pretty much

Expect DC to pump out at least five more Batman led titles to compete

Percy and Seeley have moved over, but I don't know if I'd call them "good talent"

>pretending to be some innocent user
I think you tried this before and it didn't work.

>You wish. 90% of the people there know more shit about comics than almost everyone else on this entire board
How true is this?

And here we go

Attached: theONE.jpg (480x360, 50K)

Seeley was fun. Percy disappointed me.

the big number breakdown that Brian Hibbs does every year hasn't come out yet.
One reporter from Publisher's Weekly did reveal some stuff
publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/industry-news/comics/article/79818-what-we-know-about-2018-graphic-novel-sales.html
>When you combine Diamond's unit numbers with those of NPD BookScan, which tracks sales in the general book market, the graphic novel market is up by 11.7%. This is a marked difference from the 1.3% increase seen across all print publishing (not just graphic novels) in the U.S. and it indicates healthy growth for the category.
>This double-digit growth is driven largely by a big jump on the juvenile side, which saw a massive 56.2% increase last year. On the adult side, there was a 7.1% drop in sales for adult graphic novels. What we’re learning from this data is that graphic novels aimed at kids and teenagers are dominating the graphic novel market even more than generally assumed.
Hence DC's focus on teen/kid titles in 2019

>Marvel overtook DC in both units and dollars in 2018. Marvel, which frequently trails DC in graphic novels sales, made a lot of great moves last year, capitalizing on a very successful Marvel film (Black Panther). DC, on the other hand, didn’t have any breakout movies, shows, or animation in 2018 (the Aquaman movie hit too late in the year to have a big effect), and so saw their unit sales dropped by a massive 34% from 2017. DC’s movie slate seems to be turning a corner, so hopefully this problem won’t continue into 2019.
DC already dropped ~30% in 2017 from 2016

Way to prove my point that most people here are just bitter assholes

How on earth are they able to talk about almost all the comics they have then? Obviously, people have some stuff in the backlog when the collection gets too big but otherwise, people know what they're talking about

>implying that's how it goes most of the time
Why are you lying?

DC lures back oldfags with Rebirth, puts out comics on time and manages to outsell Marvel for a couple of months. Rebirth ends, comics get delayed again and again and Bendis comes scaring away every oldfag who came back before. AT&T really has a lot of house cleaning to do at WB.

Meanwhile, Marvel stops shilling Inhumans, begins to stop deliberately shitting on X-Men more than normal, gives the boot to the legacies so that they can bring back the original status quo more or less and even puts out a decent book in god knows how long. After that, all they needed was to not get in the way of the MCU luring casuals to the comics to get a short term boost in sales.

They actually cut Batman titles

>H-he's paranoid

Sounds like he's correct about you.

Not true at all.

Someone needs to do something about Didio and Tom King. They are burning DC to the ground.

>manages to outsell Marvel for a couple of months
Literally never happened

Very true. Just ask for a recommendation AND a reason for the recommendation there. What scares me the most are the few people who know minor fucking details about some 70s comics

>I'm a Marvel guy but only thing worth reading from there is Hulk
And Doctor Strange...

You're too good for this board, you mean?

Seeley didn't move over, he wrote a one shot or something that's going to be Gleasons last project at DC before going exclusive with Marvel. Apart from that he doesn't have anything at DC or Marvel as far as I recall, he did that Shatterstar mini that nobody read recently though. Guy isnt a "talent". Percy is trash and was recognized as such.

Those are the worst.

King is also destroying the DCU by making Wally a serial killer (the figurehead of Rebirth and Nostalgia) and literally makes everyone in the universe have a mental illness. Not to mention putting the Batman run on a ten issue filler (five of the issues weren’t even written by him) because he is so lazy. Even Immortal Hulk and Snyder’s Batman who Laughs is selling more.

Shh, let him live in his delusion.

Still butthurt about him leaving that shithole Marvel?

When the fuck was I talking about myself? Hell, like to discuss cape movies once in a while so I'm part of the fucking problem. /shelf/ definitely though

> comic book stores: We will not be fooled again by Marvel's carny ideas
> also comic book store: 100 copies of each of your war of the realms comics, please.

Attached: 1540146827474s.jpg (125x92, 4K)

Seeley's literally writing another one of the Age of X-Man miniseries right now and is one of the rotating writers of Marvel Presents.
and is doing one of the Warps books in July

Tried it and it wasn't good. Dr. Strange hasn't been good in 3 decades.

So is Hulk actually good or nah?

Prove him wrong if you can.

>know minor fucking details about some 70s comic
Prove it

I’d say Marvel lucked out in that case

I think marvel fans should read more classic runs. Thus they wouldn't be shilling nuMarvel.

It's mediocre at best.

>always
No user. There was such a thing as "the Marvel Age", aptly so named.

If you only read the first issues, I understand your disappointment because it was sort of a retread of "Strange losing his powers and working to get them back", but currently it's been the closest to classic Strange, precisely in DECADES of shitty runs by the likes of Aaron, Hopeless, and even Cates (Bats be damned). There's a lot of continuity callbacks in it too, it feels a like DeMatteis run.

>oh, he never was good actually
Now this is damage control.

/shelf/ lurker here, explain yourself.
So why is it popular?

>it gets b-better, I swear
Never again will I EVER fall for this bullshit

Why did actual adult real fans allow Yea Forumsirgins and underage faggots to destroy this board?

No, he was, but sorta went downhill around a while ago, it happens

A DeMatteis run on Strange would be SO good... alas we get suck with a sperglord like Waid

Well don't, it's your money and time. But I am being earnest in the praise.

Attached: doctor_strange-16.jpg (922x1400, 253K)

Prove that you're not a dick-craving faggot

July and August 2016. March and November 2017.

Because retardation is a disease that spreads fast and because there are more dumb people like who just spout nonsense than there are people who engage in civilised discussions

It already happened twice.
Back in the Defenders/New Defenders days, and one of the 1990s series. Plus Into Shamballah, but Marvel seems embarrassed of that because they've never reprinted it

There's always a Marvel comic that gets shilled like crazy every year or so. I guess it appeals to people that like a comic more concerned with referencing continuity than telling a good story.

>minor fucking details about some 70s comics
This could be me, actually.
Like did you know Ghost Rider once fought a biker called Big Daddy?

Attached: Big Daddy Dawson.jpg (1041x1600, 593K)

>implying they read comics for story instead of nerd cred

Did you know that Ghost Rider was once Nicolas Cage?

No, he didn't have a proper run on the character. His work on Defenders was cool and into Shamballa was fantastic.

>adults
>reading comics
That's a big Yikes from me, dawwg

>implying they read
You think they don't just look at the pretty pictures?

This. Marvel lost all its fans decades ago. Now only shills and casuals remain.

>once
Twice.

DC really needs to fire Bendis.

This of course. Just never let Benis or his fellowship of evil near a comic book ever again.

But Bendis is so popular though!

You guys seem to have some idea about sales numbers. How well is the comic book industry holding up against manga?

>manga
It's niche as fuck and literally dying, it's not worth talking about.

It's not lmao.

Manga are comic books silly.

What's the point of a book without pictures?

Attached: 220px-Alice_in_wonderland_1951.jpg (220x167, 15K)

You wish.

Comic books are manga, you mean.

It lets you pretend you're smart.

This. His Superman sales are through the roof!!

>You guys seem to have some idea about sales numbers
user...

>106 COMICS
Holy shit. How can that even be a thing. I can't even name 10 comics published by Marvel right now.

Marvel probably has over 100 books that are shit going on right now. Should be a record.

>flood market with books
>90+ titles in publication
>relaunch #1 issues over and over again
>overship all book orders
>charge comic shops for shipping the "free" extra books
>no refunds whatsoever
GEE I WONDER WHY THEIR NUMBERS ARE SO MICH GREATER

>charge comic shops for shipping the "free" extra books
Fucking bastards.

>Yoshida has been making an earnest effort to fix the mistakes of the terrible Alonso-era.
LYING.

>also waiting on Creature of The Night
I completely forgot about it. When it supposed to come out again?

It is actually good and the praise is earned, unlike Cates' Venom who coasted off the movie, then decided to insert his own OCs and basically do a whole run of Venom without Venom, all the while introducing bullshit retcons all over the place.
Meanwhile Ewing's Hulk is starting to feel like one of the classics like PAD's run.

It's doing great. Capeshit outsold all the full color manga released this year in the USA.

Proofs?

Marvel/DC crossover movie when

Fucking why? More likely that Marvel buys DC at this point

Would it be adapting that 90's comic where the anthropomorphic DC and Marvel universes were at war and then Thor beats up Captain Marvel and Silver Surfer beats up Green Lantern and Aquaman beats up Namor and Batman beats up Captain America and Robin starts banging Jubilee and all the coolest crossovers didn't even get to happen and then it was Amalgam?

Pfft. What manga has full color? I bet one piece alone represents like 10% of japan's budget surplus.

One Piece has been losing sales.

V69: 3,147,224
V70: 3,039,487
V.71 : 2,890,263
DROP
V.85: 2,400,524
V.84: 2,393,553
V.83: 2,435,076
DROP
V.92: 1,776,868

Never. Busiek gave up on it and it doing more Marvels-related stuff these days

Comic books and manga are bande dessinée achtually

Do you know how many people would kill themselves if that came to pass?

What was Creature of Night going to be like?

>at war
Oh boy, someone didn't get the talk about the birds and the bees.

90% of this board and that would be a good thing

Hopefully DC gets the message that Bendis should be fired along with King and Didio. Celebrate your hollow victory marblefags you have not earned it

B-but they were brothers...

No punctuation. I think I know who just came to the thread...

Well, aren't you edgy

and Aaron's Conan book and the Black Order was good too.

>Black Order
The hell? They made a comic about Hickman's edgy team of Thanos fanboys? Tell me about it.

Fuck no.

Fuck off faggot

Holy fuck, you are deranged

No punctuation again. Hmmm...

Derek Landy's Black Order was indeed one of the best cosmic books that was coming out around the time Cates took over the GOTG (which is terrible). However, it's a 5-issue miniseries whose 5th issue is done by a fill-in artist that rushedly forces itself onto the greater continuity Cates was working on, and it definitely suffered for it.

Attached: black-order-4.jpg (921x1400, 309K)

>and Aaron's Conan book and the Black Order was good too.
Imagine being this retard.

BEWBS

Marvel taking their B-list characters and using them to usurp fucking Batman and Superman in under a decade is going down in history as the biggest act of revenge since image comics was created.

Attached: 67c2e3f8-cfe1-4bb1-b4a0-bbbfdbf01f58.jpg (1250x625, 128K)

And we all know what happened to Image, don't we Todd?

>the MCU is SJW shit now, like Image
Yeah, DC will never recover from this...

So what faggot? You wrong anyway my post does have punctuation aftet first sentence seeYou are an idiot and did not even respond to what I wrote which is true, this shit is a hollow "win" for Disneyfags.

Which Marvel B-List is selling well?

Hulk

Hulk?

Hulk!

Hulk has never been a B-list

Why is he in the Avengers then?

Superman is boring as shit and Batman is a fucking Mary Sue. DC has such shit A-Listers

Manga sales in the West are included in these numbers. It has actually rebounded after some really bleak years and is trending up in the US again. Reaching around where numbers were in 2009.

>A-List is Superman, Batman, Spider-Man and X-Men
Yeah bro he's B-List.

Thanos

There's something to be said for the level of cynicism wheer you can't unironically enjoy Batman anymore.

Attached: batman-returns-batman-michael-keaton-3.jpg (1170x660, 83K)

>confirmed for not reading either

Maybe if he didn't have 20 books a month, I could

>REEEEEEEEEE Batman has too many books, DC is awful
>BASED MARVEL, releasing 106 different comic books in one month. MAKE MINE MARVEL!

Maybe if you didn't lie about claiming to read comics you would

Based dcbro

Based and marvelpilled

Yeah but Doomsday Clock is going to be the Watchmen of our generation though!

>no punctuation
>bot tier posting
Hmmm...

The same people that complain about Batman being a Mary Sue are always praising Marvel for writing a 3 years old toddler defeating omnipotent beings due to "muh prep-time".

You would be wise to ignore them.

Attached: 11185.jpg (480x640, 37K)

>I'm a DCfag but
Sure you are...

I know isn't it beautiful

What an absolute retarded comparison

>who just came to the thread...
but your imaginary bogeyman has been here the whole time.

DC fags are a little testy today. : )

when AT&T finally has enough of losing money and sells DC to Disney

so August

they're finally starting to realize that they aren't actually beating Marvel at everything except movies

>n-no the comparison is retarded!!

seething

>Superman in the MCU

Am I the only one genuinely feeling a stabbing sensation in my heart?

How much is Marvel paying you for today's work, Ladderbro?

Half of the posts you pointed to as having no punctuation have punctuation though. If you're going to be autistic, try to not top it off with a retard cherry.

>there's people ITT that actually go watch capeshit movies
>these very same people bring consolewar faggotry to comics
>these people don't even read comics

They just need to stick him only on Action Comics. He's doing fine over there with his only issues being his usual retarded dialogue.

Confining him to one book could be fine but I want to read and enjoy Action Comics and I can't do it with him there.

Imagine not watching infinity war or endgame

Please tell me you were busy having sex or developing the cure for cancer and not just shitposting your brains out

Imagine trying to shame people for not watching Marvel movies.

I don't read shitty summer events, why would I waste that much money on watching one instead?

What money?

The cinema ticket money.

I just want Batman to solve a crime per issue. I'm tired of MUH PTSD and wacky gigantic battles with the batfamily all over the place.

Pirate then. It's less shameful than never seeing another movie again.

I'd still be wasting time.

Yet Marvel copies DC all the time

>Still pushing this shitty meme

IW is garbage, not going to bother with shitgame.

All that would do is end capeshit faster.

You can argue whether or not he's been successful at it, but you can't deny that he's trying to fix things.

Yeah, that 5th issue feels like it was completely rewritten or something. Art mistakes all over the place, shitty fill-in artist, and all of a sudden all of the Black Order are talking about how they're family and children of Thanos and brother/sister this and that, which at no point in the prior four issues did they do.

It was just embarrassing.

Attached: children_of_thanos.jpg (1607x1952, 1.21M)

>marvel shipped more titles

Attached: 1549917823432s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

These are products though. DC is now making something their own readers don't want to buy.

I mean, they did.

They shipped 106 titles, compared to DC's 52.

106 is, in fact, a higher number than 52.

Given how happy Marvel fans are right now, I suppose those 106 book must be very well-written.

Facebook normie leave

toMMY IS A FAGGOT

Always this shit. You realize Franklin and Valeria are nerfed to hell and back and rarely use the full extent of their abilities beyond specific events like Secret Wars?

He doesn't know, because he's Tommy Ladderbro

DC can't collect any of their good comics ever, they fucking suck and should be called out more

Marveldrones except all the shit they get shoved too

>dc
>good comics
....what?

>IT'S DIFFERENT WHEN MAHVEL DOES IT!
It will be forever a source of amusement that the same guys that call Batman a Mary Sue for being less capable than Black Panther also praise Marvel for making a three-year old toddler defeat omnipotent beings due to "MUH PREP-TIME".

I wish you Marvelfags were smart enough to see the irony.

Looks like Tommy Ladderbro is seething, let's see how fast he loses it in this thread.

>marvel humiliating dc in sales
>hulk outselling dc's most profitable title
Now i understand why dc fans are so utterly sensible and defensive. I wii try not to harass them

A Mary Sue in one company doesn't negate the fact that Batman is one too, user. I say this as an impartial observer

It's the same argument every time regarding Valeria, as if she was used as a deus ex machina often enough to be a problem. Meanwhile, Batman's prep time is a FUCKING PREDOMINANT FEATURE.

late 80s early 90s stuff

>It's the same argument every time regarding Valeria, as if she was used as a deus ex machina often enough to be a problem
"How the fuck are we going to defeat the Celestials"
"Dude the toddler already has a plan LMFAO"

"How the fuck are we going to survive the end of all Universes by the power of an army of omnipotent beings?"
"Dude are you dumb the toddler has already worked on it LMFAO"

t.Marvelcuck

And then you see the plan actually executed instead of you being told off-screen that Batman suddenly has an artifact that can deal with the entire situation, as it usually happens. Therein lies the difference, you fucking numbskull.

>Batman suddenly has an artifact that can deal with the entire situation, as it usually happens.
Name 3 stories in which that happened.

Loving ever tear

Attached: 1458782561541.gif (500x237, 958K)

I don't care enough about Batman to keep reading beyond that, but in New 52's Teen Titans #0, that very first issue had Batman setting up a series of failsafe precautions entirely off-screen to prevent Tim from tracking his real identity even after basically uncovering his whole identity by himself.

>I don't care enough about Batman to prove what I said
Of course.

Only time dc was actually good

>"THIS SHIT KEEPS HAPPENING IN BATMAN STORIES!!!"
>"Name 3 stories in which that happened"
>"A-Actually I don't read Batman, so I don't know".
How very surprising. I suppose you are too busy reading a toddler defeating omnipotent beings to read anything else, right?

tbf I like some early 70s too

Okay, but I just named one. Why are you ignoring that?

it was fine until didio got in.

>Hulk is now out-selling Batman
Oh course it is. It's Immortal Hulk by Al Ewing.

>I will write a full stop so no one finds out I'm Ladderbro

DC had good shit even last year but they seemed determine to ruin all the good will they've built up

Sure marvelpleb

Facts dont care about your feelings

>It's by a literal who, Of course it is.

An opinion about what books are good or not isn't a fact regardless, user

>marvel 2019 event
Let's do a big celebration of what everyone loves for both new and old fans
>dc 2019 event
Let's kill off all these characters we kind of forgot about and make it all the fault of a beloved character. Also we might do anther issue of Doomsday Clock, maybe.

I'll join your side if Marvel hits 60% of the industry.

That being said, I just want to enjoy a world where Hulk of all books outsold Batman for just al little longer.

>Marvel
>fans
>ever

It's okay, just because you're team didn't win doesn't mean you have to be upset.

Attached: what happened to you.jpg (387x918, 149K)

>marvel 2019 event
>most prominent character is Captain Marvel

>a literal who BTFO Batman by writing Hulk
This is a magical world.

>having sides at all and not just reading the good stuff or the characters from either side
I can't imagine willingly limiting yourself like this for no reason other then 'muh teams'

Attached: 1538230767748.jpg (320x320, 10K)

See? Marvel only has shills who cannot even distinguish between "your" and "you're."

So yeah, I'm proud not to read Marvel.

>dc 2019 even
>pic related

Attached: as good as batman.png (597x3199, 3.45M)

>Marvel 2019 events
Let's cooy Action Comics #1000 and detective Comics #1000, our readers will never complain about we stealing ideas for money.

>Marvel
>good stuff
>ever

>following characters
>ever

>House of Ideas
?

Spider-man has been great lately and I like the champions
Last thing I really enjoyed from DC (that wasn't a TV show cause Doom Patrol has been A+ and i'm super hyped for Swamp Thing) was the last run of Red Hood

>champions
Blue or pink?

Will this be the "Captain Marvel outsold Superman" for Marvel readers?

>"You know, when I was a lad, the 16th issue of a Hulk book sold better than the 80th íssue of a Batman book. It was a groundbreaking victory. Best day of my life."

>Let's cooy Action Comics #1000 and detective Comics #1000
No shame in doing it if you do it better.

I legit can't tell if you really have this opinion or are just shit posting.
Like you seem legit and god knows you spam it a lot but at the same time it's hard for me to even imagine a mindset where you just blanket hate so much stuff because of where it came from

Attached: 1527166671613.gif (460x345, 492K)

>DC cucks
Incoming ban.

user, ANYTHING getting over batman that isn't a #1-#3 or an event is a huge deal.

It means that either the book is selling too good or DC is dropping the ball harder than ever before.

It'll be hilarious to see how their mental gymnastics play out.

Attached: 1555529691814.png (970x626, 26K)

I told you, Marvel is Scientology tier.

If Marvel hadany shame in stealing ideas, there would be no Marvel.

If Marvelfags had any shame in praising shit, there would be no Marvel either.

Yes, they had a thread doing just that last week.

what?

>implying DC is any better

Attached: So smug.png (212x227, 46K)

I'm not implying. DC has never asked their readers to pretend that Lex Luthor becoming omnipotent every year is the apex of literature, have they?

DC fans wouldn't do it, anway. Praising mediocrity is more like a Marvel thing.

marvel.fandom.com/wiki/House_of_Ideas

>Praising mediocrity is more like a Marvel thing.
See You are guilty too, stop pretending we aren't the same.

Attached: Don't worry.png (364x354, 132K)

>Marvel
>having original ideas
>ever

Gee, when you put it that way

Good fucking luck trying to find DC fans praising "Heroes in Crisis" the same way that Marvel fans praise the annual "Mr. Disaster becomes omnipotent" story.

>what everyone loves
Not Marvel, that's for sure.

DC fans have been fucking PISSED about Heroes in Crisis. Then again Marvel fans get pissed about shitty Marvel books as well

Basically anyone claiming one side does something the other doesn't is retarded at this point

Nor will you about doom becoming god.

Sure, you will find people who like things like SW, but they don't like it for doom, but for what the story brings.

Either way, we are the same and that triggers you.

>Nor will you about doom becoming god.

Attached: sinestro_laughing.jpg (594x346, 44K)

Go prove me wrong.

Easy enough.

Do I gain a prize in money or something?

Attached: never tired.png (713x129, 8K)

Fire Tom King today it's not too late

So your proof that ALL or even most Marvel fans are doom loving cocksuckers is a post from reddit?

Attached: outrageous.png (750x567, 450K)

I’m still not sure what the point of Heroes in Crisis was

To push Harley?

If i posted more than one, I would be banned.

it was fine until Johns

Dont pin this on product quality. With the right marketing strategy, even the worst shit can smell like summer roses

Little sad

ignore tommy.

Based truthposter

this is sad

Delicious tears