Is she the best normal human love interest in comics in terms of personality and the way she interacts with her hero?

Is she the best normal human love interest in comics in terms of personality and the way she interacts with her hero?

Attached: loislane.jpg (790x1200, 272K)

Easily. MJfags need not apply.

Yep. Unfortunately non comic readers just see her as a damsel in distress. Lois Lane takes no shit. In fact they’ve tried to duplicate her and failed (Vicki Vale, Iris West)

That's what I love about Lois: she actually challenges Superman. She's a career woman with her own life, ambitions and convictions outside of supporting her hero. Yeah, she meets all the criteria of the typical love interest in that she's the hero's supportive female partner, but she always speaks her mind and there's a sense that Supes really had to try to win her over.

I'd say early Lana Lang(and Superman 3 Lana) and MJ are easily better.

In the latest JL run, her alt universe counterpart is literally the leader of a whole police force that have pretty much beaten down the majority of the planet's villains and locked them up permanently.

Fuck not with Lois Lane.

>MJ
kek, no, MJ is devoid of any personality or character motivation/development outside of Peter.

>Normal human
Didn't she literally defeat all the Female Furies of Apokolips by herself in hand-to-hand combat?

Not him but I wouldn’t go that far. MJ was a party girl that kept bottling up her problems/emotions and eventually learned to confront those issues through helping Peter after Gwen died

I like MJ more but Lois is pretty cool as well

Attached: 1540388743946.png (600x930, 913K)

that sounds conveniently nice for Peter

>Clark himself admits Lois has a sharper mind/is a much better reporter than he is
Makes for much better dynamics than "Oh I love you so much babe." Real, lasting relationships are built as a solid partnership rather than some lovey dovey crap that burns out after a few years

Yeah it was mutually beneficial, what’s your point? Lois is still better though

Personally I think MJ and Lane would be friends once it was made clear that they both love their respective man.

Attached: 1555111842225.png (368x485, 352K)

That's just the thing. With Spider-Man and MJ the relationship feels like pure wish-fulfillment with this 10/10 model gf standing by her man through thick and thin, rarely challenging him and seemingly existing only to motivate or support him as both a partner and a damsel. I think part of what helped distinguish Lois early on was that she loved Superman for superficial reasons, but was always rivalrous towards Clark. The fact that Clark had to dance between saving her as Superman and having to compete with her as Clark really made for a unique dynamic which hasn't really been matched by any other human love interest in a cape setting. Hell, even after they got together, Lois was still a feisty, outspoken firecracker who was committed to her role as a reporter.

No, that's Linda

Attached: linda_park_vertical_1200_2979_s[1].png (1200x2979, 854K)

literally a Lois clone

Miss Pauling looks weird here

>t. butthurt Wally hater
neck yourself

I fucking love Wally, faggot, but how is Pepsi better than Coca Cola?

Some people like the sweeter taste

She's still not on Wallers/Oracles level as "THE" badass regular woman of a superhero world.

Because one is attached to good books, is a well-developed character and works with a based male lead, and the other is Lois Lane.

No she isn't. Wally and Linda never had needless love triangles or break ups. They actually loved each other. Linda is a hotter less bitchy Lois

You could have just said you've never read a Superman comic, you dumb dickheaded dickhead

>Linda is a hotter less bitchy Lois
so less interesting and more of a generic "ooh I love you so much" love interest?

Also she has fucking huge tits and is nicely toned. Basically perfect waifu

based

Well, I don't know if I'd put them in the same league, since Waller and Babs are hardly regular women both in terms of their roles in the superhero community and their skill sets.

>people actually like MJ

Didn’t MJ challenge Peter to have a life outside of Spider-Man? I doubt rent would ever get paid on time if she wasn’t there. Renew Your Vows has some funny family stuff

>Less interesting
I'm sorry, I didn't know you found characters breaking up and getting back together and cheating on each other every few months interesting. I personally prefer a relationship that slowly develops over time and doesn't go through editorial required resets.

Yeah, it was made pretty clear that she loved Peter and not Spider-man, they had some decent drama about it.

Only boomers like these women.

Lois has had the same thing with Superman, though. Only reason Wally's been allowed to be uninterrupted is because no one cared about him enough after a point to meddle with his status quo.

Also I was referring to personality. Lois' "bitchiness" makes her more interesting than the average love interest

That’s not entirely true. She’s had moments of love both sides of Peter’s life, especially in the current run with Spencer. Felicia was kind of the opposite, loving Spidey and not Peter Parker. A lot of the MJ drama and fan annoyance could partly be Slotts fault

Only boomers like women.

OMD wasn’t written by Slott.

>Bitchiness makes her interesting
You mean annoying. Also the fact that Lois has the tendency to break up with Clark every few months is something that harms her personality. As a love interest Linda is far better.

>You mean annoying.
Nah, I meant interesting.

Lois wins by virtue of still being alive while Linda is mcfucking dead lol

I wasn’t referring to that. I mean shit like MJ breaking up with Peter only to date a fireman, then going to work for Stark even after her reason for the split was her sick of the hero lifestyle

>Breaks up with you for the 1000th time
HOW INTERESTING

They're regular enough to blow Lois out of the water in being super stars amongst the entire hero/villain community without being insane or high trained peak humans.

Waller faced and shit talked Darkseid and lived, Lois beating anyone up out her pay grade is okay since she's pretty much plot armor incarnate and had prep, but the black lady fought with no armor or fucking powers with her disposable villain team and beaten squads of supervillains on her own.

Linda isn't dead. She just had her memories erased.

You keep rehashing that point when it really has little to do with what I like about her personality or individual runs. Only autists care about overarching canon.

Best answer. Everything good about Lois with nothing bad.

Iris maybe but Linda was way better than either of them.

We are talking about love interests. As a love interest she is shit.

I disagree.

Nah, there's still a lot of tension and build up in their relationship. But it's actually part of the story instead of just being obnoxious love triangles and some weird, editorially mandated hatred of his human persona. Which Wally didn't have because he was a public hero.

>Breaks up with you again
Now how do you feel?

So Linda has no character flaws?

that's what manchildren want from their love interests: flawless supermodels who exist only to stroke their self-insert's egos

She ain't that normal. That said, she is the best mainstream love interest without powers but the bar is insanely low on that front. At this point, the only spouses better than her are AU Mary Janes like RYV and MC2.

>Ha, I bet Linda doesn't even fuck other men behind Wally's back!
>Unrealistically perfect!
Fuck off Didio.

What? Yeah shit writers do stupid shit and everyone moves on to ignore it, what’s your point? I got nothing against Linda, she just never stood out to me that much. It’s fine if you feel different

>She ain't that normal.
I mean, comparatively she is. She's just a really intrepid reporter with some martial arts experience.

Absolutely.

She's one of my favourites overall, nevermind just normal humans or love interests. I like her more than I like Superman.

>Moves on and ignores it
That's the issue because they do it all over again the next issue.
The point is is that you are defending horrible writing and saying a healthy relationship is somehow bad writing.

And has had a ton of times she has gotten super powers and magic.

That's just a consequence of being in a superhero setting. All of New York got Spider Powers at one point, remember?

Yep

Attached: LoisClarkinks.jpg (798x630, 83K)

I never said that? Don’t put words in my mouth, user. I find the lack of healthy relationships in comics frustrating. MJ and Peter on good terms right now, and I’m happy. All I said was that I can’t recall Linda and Wally having a rough patch, but you’re welcome to correct me

Lois is an embodiment of luck in the dcu, more so than fucking Batman. The fact she's able to survive every superhuman disaster and situation that she's caught up in means she's literally not normal.

She's actually a new God personification of luck.

Yeah she was the best. There is a reason why there are so many Lois ripoffs (all inferior to the real McCoy). Shame Bendis ruined her.

Mary Jane is fucking based.

>Gets dicked down by Superman
Maybe you're right

Oracle's role is a significant for what she was doing as Oracle and she also had a different skill set and background than Lois - you can't compare one to the other. It would be like comparing a Burberry to a smartphone, both can accomplish some of the same things, both both do different things and when you need certain things, one may be a far superior option than the other.

That said, Lois' skill as an investigator was considered amongst the best in the modern (post COIE) DC main universe.

Waller is a totally different thing - Waller's whole thing is being a nasty bitch boss lady, that would never ned to be Lois' role

nope

Lois supported her own series, which sold in the hundred of thousands; there are plenty of good stories in the 80+ years she's been around.

Lois has never cheated on Clark.

Clark hasn't cheated on her, you can blame Byrne's nastiness towards Kirby and stupid editorial inaction for the outlier

She use to be.

But then DC ruined her (again).
Now she’s a horrible human being that abandons her son in space with a crazy person (who tried to kill tons of people) and exposes the secret mental illnesses of the superhero community for clickbait. Not to mention not telling her husband she came back from space and telling her father that Superman cucked Clark Kent and impregnated her.

Way to go, Didio.

what's her character?

She never told Sam that, she simply neglected to tell him Superman was Clark. It's supposed to unfold into nothing more than miscommunication with him

Lois hasn't broken up with Clark though, she has a modern marriage with him now

Damn right.

Newspaper MJ, RYV MJ MC2 MJ , pre-OMD MJ, and Spencer MJ all>Mephistoverse MJ

Fake fan

My main "fan annoyance" with MJ is people pretending she has depth. She's fine but I hate that people pretend she's more than she actually is.

That’s not an argument unless you can back that up

I don't know why you would think I was trying to make an argument, retard.
Also
>prove the absence of something
Good luck with that

This board is hugely DC comics based. In fact there is group of DC fans on Discord who plan and go around shitposting about Marvel every chance they get.

You spoke in hyperbole with absolutely nothing to back up your argument.

T.gwen stacy

That's not Steve Trevor

Again, I have no idea what you think an argument is, but I wasn't arguing.

So you confirm you’re just speaking out your ass about shit you don’t know about? I’m not surprised, Yea Forums doesn’t read shit

Give me Mary Jane Watson over hyper bitch Lois Lane any day of the week.

No, that's not what not arguing means. You're struggling mightily there champ.

I'm the guy saying MJ lacks depth and I'm a Marvelfag.

>Makes a stupid comment
>”Okay, could you elaborate and back that up? Help us better understand why you feel that way”
>Instead keeps dodging the question

She is so bad ass to send herself together with her 10 year old to a SPACE TRIP with her psychopathic father-in-law.
Then She left her 10 year old son with the psychopathic grandad ALONE IN SPACE.
Then She came back to Earth, restarted to work with a pseudonimus; She has done all this shit without telling his SuperHusband.
#MOTHEROFTHEYEAR

That's Bendis, everything that happens in Superman/AC now is non-canon

Attached: 1546416824175.jpg (1988x3056, 717K)

Bendis going to stay for a Long time and his writing is gonna change the character forever

I will not believe that

Attached: C3naN3_UoAE0hd_.jpg (1116x864, 266K)

Everything Bendis writes is basically not canon

user, people have no duty to explain their opinion to you. I've had this argument before, I didn't convince the other guy and he didn't convince me either. I have no incentive to do this again with you.
Take a break from the internet, you need it.

While I can respect knowing to walk away from neither seeing eye to eye, you’re just being a cunt right now.

You said that but Byrne did draw one of the best looking Lois in his run.

Attached: RCO064_w.jpg (985x1516, 687K)

Attached: RCO022_1495031066.jpg (1041x1600, 462K)

To be fair, Linda did not exist in a time when comics were selling 100k. Since Linda existed Lois hasn't done anything like that until, like, right now and we'll have to see the sales then.

But obviously Superman is waaaaaay more popular than The Flash so any spinoff is going to have more success. Bart Allen is a lot better than Tim Drake but his comic got cancelled first.

it was until King and Bendis turned Lois into a ruthless nightcrawler willing to sell out Clark and the heroes for a scoop.

She doesn't have no character flaws, her flaws are well written and interesting in the premises of the comic. When I say better I mean better character. Better developed, better handled.

But they never had to retcon or fuck with or ignore any part of Wally and Linda's relationship because it wasn't a garbage pit of hackneyed drama.

It wasn't drama free, mind you, but it wasn't awful bullshit like Lois frequently does.