> 1. WAR OF THE REALMS #1 (MAR)
> 2. SYMBIOTE SPIDER-MAN #1 (MAR)
> 3. THE BATMAN WHO LAUGHS #4 (DC)
> 4. THE IMMORTAL HULK #16 (MAR)
> 5. BATMAN #69 (DC)
> 6. BATMAN #68 (DC)
> 7. THANOS #1 (MAR)
> 8. HEROES IN CRISIS #8 (DC)
> 9. WEB OF VENOM: CULT OF CARNAGE #1 (MAR)
> 10. AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #20 (MAR)

TOP 10 COMIC BOOKS BY DOLLARS INVOICED
> 1. WAR OF THE REALMS #1 (MAR)
> 3. THE BATMAN WHO LAUGHS #4 (DC)
> 4. DETECTIVE COMICS #1000 (DC)
> 5. WEB OF VENOM: CULT OF CARNAGE #1 (MAR)
> 6. THANOS #1 (MAR)
> 7. THE IMMORTAL HULK #16 (MAR)
> 8. BATMAN #69 (DC)
> 9. BATMAN #68 (DC)
> 10. WAR OF THE REALMS #2 (MAR)

>Among the premier publishers, Image Comics' The Walking Dead #190 ranked #31, BOOM! Studios' Buffy the Vampire Slayer #4 ranked #78, IDW Publishing's Marvel Action: Black Panther #1 ranked #115, Dynamite Entertainment's Red Sonja #3 ranked #136, and Dark Horse Comics' Neil Gaiman's American Gods: The Moment of the Storm #1 ranked #150.

Attached: STL112734.jpg (2000x1318, 388K)

Other urls found in this thread:

diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/597?articleID=150972
youtu.be/gIMo1WoHcfE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

TOP 10 GRAPHIC NOVELS & TRADE PAPERBACKS BY UNITS SHIPPED
> 1. THE MAGIC ORDER VOLUME 1 TP (MR) (IMA)
> 2. VENOM BY DONNY CATES VOLUME 2 TP (MAR)
> 3. GIDEON FALLS VOLUME 2: ORIGINAL SINS TP (MR) (IMA)
> 4. THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY VOL. 1: APOCALYPSE SUITE TP (DAR)
> 5. CATWOMAN VOLUME 1: COPYCATS TP (DC)
> 6. STAR WARS VOLUME 10: ESCAPE TP (MAR)
> 7. BATMAN: DETECTIVE COMICS VOL. 9: DEFACE THE FACE TP (DC)
> 8. THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY VOL. 2: DALLAS TP (DAR)
> 9. UNNATURAL VOLUME 2 TP (MR) (IMA)
> 10. JESSICA JONES: PURPLE DAUGHTER TP (MAR)

TOP 10 GRAPHIC NOVELS & TRADE PAPERBACKS BY DOLLARS BY DOLLARS INVOICED
> 1. INFINITY WAR OMNIBUS HC (MAR)
> 2. THE DEATH & RETURN OF SUPERMAN OMNIBUS HC (DC)
> 3. THE MAGIC ORDER VOLUME 1 TP (MR) (IMA)
> 4. INFINITY BY STARLIN & HICKMAN OMNIBUS HC (MAR)
> 5. AVENGERS: EARTH'S MIGHTIEST BOX SET SLIPCASE (MAR)
> 6. MARVEL MASTERWORKS: AVENGERS VOL. 19 HC (MAR)
> 7. VENOM BY DONNY CATES VOLUME 2 TP (MAR)
> 8. PAPER GIRLS DELUXE EDITION VOLUME 2 HC (IMA)
> 9. GIDEON FALLS VOLUME 2: ORIGINAL SINS TP (MR) (IMA)
> 10. BATMAN/SUPERMAN SILVER AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC (DC)

TOP COMIC BOOK PUBLISHERS
>>RETAIL MARKET SHARE
> 1. MARVEL COMICS - 45.50%
> 2. DC COMICS - 25.73%
> 3. IMAGE COMICS - 7.93%
> 4. IDW PUBLISHING - 3.26%
> 5. DARK HORSE COMICS - 2.89%
> 6. BOOM! STUDIOS - 2.46%
> 7. DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT - 1.71%
> 8. VIZ MEDIA - 1.07%
> 9. VALIANT ENTERTAINMENT - 0.76%
> 10. AFTERSHOCK COMICS - 0.70%
> OTHER NON-TOP 10 - 7.99%

>>UNIT MARKET SHARE
> 1. MARVEL COMICS - 50.70%
> 2. DC COMICS - 25.89%
> 3. IMAGE COMICS - 7.60%
> 4. IDW PUBLISHING - 2.76%
> 5. BOOM! STUDIOS - 2.75%
> 6. DARK HORSE COMICS - 1.92%
> 7. DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT - 1.53%
> 8. VALIANT ENTERTAINMENT - 0.91%
> 9. AFTERSHOCK COMICS - 0.71%
> 10. ARCHIE COMICS - 0.55%
> OTHER NON-TOP 10 - 4.68%

Source: diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/597?articleID=150972

>MARVEL COMICS - 50.70%
Nice!

Attached: D1b0DHqU0AApZeW.jpg (1634x1699, 210K)

Why does Thor have a gay golden hammer and a and even gayer golden arm?Who taught this is a good design idea?

>Immortal Hulk that high
It may be a trick but I don't give a shit. I'm just glad that they're pushing this book hard.

So, movies do help to boost the comics' sales.

RETAIL MARKET SHARE
> 1. MARVEL COMICS - 45.50%
> 2. DC COMICS - 25.73%

UNIT MARKET SHARE
> 1. MARVEL COMICS - 50.70%
> 2. DC COMICS - 25.89%

What happened DKeks? You guys kept telling us that DC was still winning in comics and only losing in movies and everything else

Attached: 1489759360762.jpg (855x496, 130K)

The April 2019 Diamond Comic Distributor stats are out, and they make rather interesting reading. As well as Marvel Comics getting a 50% unit share, Immortal Hulk #16 had higher orders than Batman #68 and #69. Since the New 52 reboot/relaunch, the twice-monthly Batman comic book as been the old reliable at DC Comics, constantly topping the charts, only beaten by the occasional first issue launch, event comics mini-series like Secret Empire, Metal or The Batman Who Laughs. For a regular issue of an ongoing series to top Batman is unheard of. Until Immortal Hulk.

I'm so happy for Ewing

Marvel Comics: 106 new titles shipped
DC Comics: 52 new titles shipped
Who knew that shipping literally twice as many comics would lead to strong market share?

this isn't true at all, kings Batman only ever breaks the top five when it's a slow month now.

I don't expect hulk to be above 90K in all honesty. Which I'm not knocking, but King has killed Batman sales. Maybe only a few issues have hit 100K since the "wedding".

That includes the True Believers $1 reprints.

Attached: 1457537626122.gif (600x589, 129K)

Thanks Bendis. Thanks King.

Attached: 1524530927546.png (255x285, 102K)

Bendis had nothing to do with it

He kinda does. It's why most of his characters are shit, and the only became better when a different writer took over from him

Holy shit, Ewing has fucking done it.

Superman didn't

I am surprised, I didnt know if readers cared about the book. I guess it helps it is a number one too.

>As well as Marvel Comics getting a 50% unit share, Immortal Hulk #16 had higher orders than Batman #68 and #69.

Because Tom King’s Batman is that really really really really shitty. He only survived so long because of the wedding promise, now he has literally nothing and is just literally procrastinating and drawing out his shitty run just so he can get to a hundred issues. And to make matters worse he is ruining the rest of the DCU and making everyone edgy and suicidal.

> 5. BATMAN #69 (DC)
BASED EWING

Attached: RCO025.jpg (591x620, 89K)

He also brought over a bunch of Marvel’s shit writers (Kelly Sue DeConnick, Willow Wilson, Matt Fraction) to help ruin DC and chased away Patrick Gleason.

>artists
>counting

He also writes.

A number one spider book with the word "symbiote" and Mysterio on the cover ahead of the movie's release. I'm still surprised it did as well as it did though.

>Kelly Sue
>GWW
>shit
Kys

You first.
Kelly Sue DeConnick’s Captain Marvel was shit and now she’s ruining Aquaman.

And Willow Wilson is boring as hell.
>But muh Muslim Waifu!!!
Her Kamala run wasn’t even good after Secret Wats and she couldn’t even give Kamala a rogues gallery. Wilson is a hack.

>Snyder’s book sells more than all of Tom King
Is Tom King even worth the destruction of the entire company? Is Didio so obsessed with everything being grimdark and edgy that he will kill DC just so?

Diamond's pie charts have a typo: "2018" must be "2019".

Also ignore/hide the later thread made by a superdupermegafaggot casual with an unarchived bleedingkek link without checking the catalog first. That thread is full of casuals and the stage 4 cancer known as "company wars."

Meanwhile, DC will not escape unscathed sales-wise this August with another Marvel event and this:

It's a combination of the book getting acclaim + an in-demand variant

is DC going to die?

The latest Immortal Hulk also got a boost due to a really good variant. But this is also combined with the decline in interest in post-Wedding King Batman.

AT&T won’t let it. But if things don’t change soon, heads will roll.

I thought they already axed a majority of the company and ongoings?

This to me is the most impressive thing... Immortal Hulk even managed to beat Venom, which was pretty much Marvel's new hot thing aside from Hulk, pulling 80K numbers consistently. You'd say it has been finally dethroned.
As an Ewing fan this is kind of like an unexplored territory. Who would've thought this new take would get this much acclaim?

The problem is Tom King and Bendis (mostly Tom King) and Didio giving too much power to the first.

DC could fix themselves if they ended Tom King’s run on Batman, put Scott Snyder back on, made their universe less edgy, and planned out their universe and future lines better.

But that won’t happen because Didio has gone full Linkin Park and is on a mission to make everything edgy and grimdark.

What did Tom King do?

Much as it pains me to say it, Geoff Johns needs to have more control over DC than Didio and Lee. At least until we can find someone better at this.

I'm not gonna lie I only bought the book because I loved the variant Gwen Stacey cover. It got me hard and got the reaction out of me that Marvel probably wanted because I wanted to buy it just to jack off to it. Oh and the story was good to.

I don't know why but I've been liking the variants of this mini more than the official covers. It may be the first set of anything where I buy just the variants.

>already axed a majority of the company
3% of staff, which was four VP's and their admins

youtu.be/gIMo1WoHcfE

Everything.

He made Wally West (y'know, the mascot of Rebirth and the nostalgia promise that DC would change and respect their roots and listen to fans) into a crazy mentally ill murderer who killed a ton of superheroes and pinned the blame on others. He’s also made everyone in the DCU have mental illness in the back up pages of Heroes in Crisis. Heroes in Criss is even selling less than Metal and Doomsday Clock.

His Batman run is so boring and emo that even Normies are turning away from it and it even hit below 100K. It doesn’t help he spent TEN issues of filler (five of which were a tie-in to Heroes in Crisis he didn’t even write). And before all that there was the wedding controversy where the Batman/Catwoman wedding he spent a year hyping up didn’t happen (didn’t help that DC spoiled the reveal in advance).

And just generally being the center of controversy. From making a Snuff story of Lois Lane dying in various ways in a Walmart comic or the tasteless Ivy death cover.

King is just a walking emo disaster.

>Batman/Catwoman wedding he spent a year hyping up didn’t happen
even The Lego Movie referenced this

>Heroes in Criss is even selling less than Metal and Doomsday Clock.
Which were also shitty events with several problems on their own.

MARVEL CHADS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT
EVERYBODY JUST HAVE A GOOD TIME

>Which were also shitty events with several problems on their own.

Yeah, and they still sold better than Heroes in Crisis. So I think people just really aren't taking to Heroes in Crisis that much.

I lost interest in it the moment they started advertising it with
>WHICH ONE OF THESE CHARACTERS WILL DIE!!!
The current DCU is so fucking small, and removing characters from the board is a dumb idea.

Can't believe Hulk is outselling Batman.

Ewing is doing really great, I'm happy for him.

is it good? It's been a while since I read a solo Hulk book

hell no. It's Planet Hulk tier

Yes it is. It's a return to Hulk's horror-oriented origins, while introducing new elements to the mix. And a good chunk of its first issues are actually self-contained, which helps anyone who's not familiar with the continuity jump in at any moment. That's what helped it to become so successful, specially considering Ewing loves his continuity a lot.

Attached: immortal-hulk_10.jpg (920x1400, 315K)

Why is no one mentioning that speculators are going crazy over Immortal Hulk? That’s contributing to sales more than anything

It's a combination, critical acclaim + enough interest for the book to go up in price on ebay + popular variant.

We'll have to wait and see how sales go next month to see if this is permanent.

More demand> more offer
Study economics retard

Hulk over batman. Dc you are a joke

Only over Tom King. Scott Snyder still sells.

But yes, Tom King has managed to tank what was DC’s biggest book in a worse way never before imagined. And they will keep letting him rape the book til #105 (if DC can survive that long)

>Le contrarian man
Fuck off here's your (You) faggot

I agree with all of this but the snyder part.

>he sells
So why consolidate sales to Batman?

Nobody can seriously ask this question so why are you here shill? Market research?

>I didn't shill anything

You aren't here with any worthwhile knowledge so yeah you're clearly doing some kind of research.

Why do you follow a writer you hate so much?

I liked Planet Hulk

I read the first number when it came out, but told myself "I'm gonna wait a little bit until there's more issues so I can read them in one go" I remember liking it alot and it intrigued me. Might as well just start reading it today since I have nothing better to do. Thanks user

>And a good chunk of its first issues are actually self-contained,
That is the reason I bought all 3 of them. I love self contained comics.

He's been on some of the most important over arching books for a while now.

Why do you talk about comics if you don't read them?

What DC needs right now is a back-up plan.
Right now the books they push the most are the ones that orbitates around Batman (a fair choice, since the character sells) but the drop in sales is to be taken in consideration.

Ten years ago no one would have thought ASM would lose the first place as the highest selling comic, but look where we are now. It all started the same way.

Because Batman's sales have been falling for a while. It's still DC's best selling book, but it has gone back to pre-RIP numbers, while the main Batman book had been a consistent 100k+ seller after the beginning of Morrison's run.

So he can do fake-gotchas like saying "why do you follow a write you hate"

>

Attached: 1527338092648.jpg (912x707, 134K)

>What DC needs right now is a back-up plan.
That's what Bendis was for. They wanted to take Marvel's "top" writer and use that to be ever better.

Bendis is the top writer

>Because Batman's sales h
King and Bendis are the dead of DC-

You seem to have misunderstood.
Having a top ten book doesn't matter. Having the highest total units shipped does.

Why wouldn't you put/keep snyder on JL to keep those sales consistent and move a new writer on to Batman which would immediately get the "oh look it's new" boost?

I expect user meant isn't and I agree.

They should have tried to steal Cates even though I hate him only slightly less than Bendis.

ksd's cap marvel was worse than dark knight 2

>They should have tried to steal Cates even though I hate him only slightly less than Bendis.

Was Cates even a big name at the time they announced Bendis was going over to DC?

Because King is poisoning the Batman book. It needs life now. Putting someone new like Tom Taylor or whatever won’t guarantee high sales but putting someone that is beloved by readers (like Snyder) will guarantee the book soars.

He had his indie stuff, and some fans of his shit. But he was nowhere near Aaron or Bendis, that's for sure. He was more like King, with more output than him.