Why don't you accept that comics were political from the start?

Why don't you accept that comics were political from the start?

Attached: 314124_v1.jpg (300x307, 38K)

Because now they're political in a way I don't agree with.

By the way, apolitical means being political but in a way I agree with.

only spastics and the mentally vulnerable think that
they have always been about politics

Morally superior beings have always been political, if we go by burger standards.

Aren't a good portion of Captain America and Iron Man comics from the '60s-'80s basically just "Us vs. The Fuckin' Reds"?

The first villain Spidey faced was a communist. Reds are also the reas FF got their powers

Can't I have a single hobby that isn't riddled with propaganda and people trying to push their propaganda?

Guys, we've reached a point where corperations are marketing their shit towards wannabe communists (Anarchistic Communists that grew up middle class/can afford college and a dozen tattoos).

Do you fuckers not understand that we are 2 minutes to midnight, here? Stop politicizing comics, go out into the pacific ocean, and start reeling in plastic. Be sure to wear hazmat suits, though, cause that shit's probably irradiated.

>things used to be shit so you have to accept that they're shit now

I refuse

Yeah. The issue isn't so much that they're political now. It's that the talent pool has dried up to the point of being near shit all.

Just because they've always been political doesn't mean that's a good thing.

Imagine a restaurant sells a delicious spaghetti dish. Goddamn is it good... except they put... walnuts in it? Just entire walnuts. Well, odd, but whatever. You can just spoon out the nuts and enjoy it, the taste doesn't seem the be damaged by the nuts.
Now imagine that, for 50+ years, people have told the restaurant "dude, maybe like 5 people actually like the walnuts, and that's generous. Can't you at least let us tell you not to put in the nuts so we can just get the spaghetti and enjoy it rather than have to futz around with it?" But they don't listen. They think their recipe is perfect and that anyone who questions them is a dick. The pasta, which is tasty and delicious except for the fucking walnuts they're putting in them, continues to sell because hey, it's easy enough to just move them to the side of the plate and enjoy the rest of that goodness. People still complain, but it's not THAT big of a deal. Yet.

But as those 50+ years go by, the restaurant gets more popular, and more people start to complain about the silly walnuts in the spaghetti. But the restaurant doesn't listen, and they even become spiteful about it. They put in MORE walnuts. And now it's becoming a real problem. A couple of walnuts per plate wasn't affecting anything and was easy enough to remove, but now there's like 20 of them. There are more walnuts than meatballs per plate. It's even affecting the taste now.

Before, the walnuts might have been seen as oddly charming and silly, and if not, easy enough to ignore because they weren't really affecting the overall quality of the spaghetti. Now, people are actively pissed about them, and just want the restaurant to stop ruining the spaghetti that they used to enjoy despite the walnuts that were originally just a minor, easy to ignore issue.

>3 paragraphs of a food metaphor

Attached: 0a1.jpg (643x820, 75K)

You are supplementing an entirely different fantasy for reality.

No it wasn't just a small group of people who enjoyed the political shit. Actually look at what was made popular by it's blatant allegories. Not just shit like the X-Men but what are the most popular comics of all time.

oof yikes this is a lot to unpack boycott captain america and his imperialistic racism

Yeah, because back then it used to be "AMERICA, FUCK YEAH", and not "FUCK DRUMPF AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE".

Political yes
Forcing you to listen and believe political opinions?
no

>Forcing you to listen and believe political opinions?
Are you in an internment camp being brainwashed by comics at gunpoint? Blink twice for yes.

That's not a regular comic, it's propaganda. And last I remember; The Amazing Spiderman didn't kick the series off on a political message. That is of course excluding uncle-Ben being murdered by a white passing Italian and his wise teachings against global Jewery.

Attached: 1554563552164 HAHA.jpg (500x408, 48K)

Don't forget MEN BAD like in Mockingbird.

Comic creators call you a nazi if you don't agree with them.

>The Amazing Soider-Man didn't kick off with a a political message.
It kind of did in a sense. And Peter was political as all fuck as he went into college.

>Comics were always political therefore I can make this character, created by a Jewish WW2 vet, into a parody of Hitler and DRUMPF

Yeah, that happened to me. I died instantly.

Captain Goblino is just a drugged-up racist shitkicking mutt mired in ignorance.

Supes knows what's up.

Attached: supermanposterallamerican.jpg (640x868, 150K)

Elaborate if you will

Attached: 1554258684403 1355028062914.jpg (497x500, 50K)

The main thing was that they were stuff that pretty much everyone could get behind.
Practically nobody agrees with radical left SJW views, and the tiny number that do don't buy comics.

Calling an enemy combatant a stupid doodie head is not the same as telling your audience what to believe.

>...so lets take turns slapping this jap with war bonds!

I'm trying to remember if it was before he made Mr.A but Dikto's political leanings were all over Peter in the early days of the series.

SUPE'D

Attached: p.png (262x169, 135K)

>B-BUT THEY USED TO BE POLITICAL IN THE 30S AS WELL
480p was also acceptable at one time. Imagine if a new Star Trek was exclusively broadcast in 480p and retards defended it with this same logic. Sure, 480p was alright back then because we didn't know any better and superior technology was not available, but times have changed.

"Comics are too political" = "I'm a thin-skinned conservative and ideas I don't like make my pee-pee get small".

The problem is that the comics also suck now.

fpbp

Moderates and even liberals don't like SJW shit either.

Kind of hard not to get poltical when your sole purpose is to fight nazis

Attached: 1464186217268.jpg (1920x2951, 1.62M)

>Red Skull is actually right
What did the author mean by this?

It's not a dying medium, but it's a medium that is losing traction due to several bad choices.

The idea that the problem is that it is now political, when the Dark Knight Strikes Again and Watchmen railed against Regan and Nixon respectively is retarded.

There's just not a lot of talented writers in the medium anymore.

Attached: 1435276750540.png (490x1169, 1.1M)

Don't the liberals from Califorrnia hate the "dumb fat rednecks" that he's describing? You'd think they'd agree with this.

I don't like mind powers on Red Skull, he is supposed to control people with his ideology alone

Is there more?
Because he's still right.

And comic readers call you an incel if you don't agree with them

Yes.
They also have the highest amount of wealth inequality and homelessness in the entire country.

Attached: 1.jpg (1440x2201, 500K)

No, that's a tranny thing.

Attached: 2.jpg (1339x2187, 438K)

> "I was obsessed with..."

C O C K

I'm sure Remender browsed Yea Forums. This shit is straight-up /int/ posting

Attached: All-New Captain America 001-012.jpg (1988x3056, 1.83M)

Just read this shit.

Attached: All-New Captain America 001-013.jpg (1988x3056, 1.99M)

Holy fuck Batroc, calm down.

The argument falls flat when you point out that “bankers” already held a huge chunk of the power in America even in the 1950s. The US was already a highly corporate nation even during its so-called golden age, and the pop culture even at the time reflected that.

He’s also assuming that Cap wants current society to return to that “golden age” America, which isn’t really the case.

>sole purpose is to fight nazis
>utterly fails at saving pregnant Anne Frank

DO WE HAVE TO DO ALL THE DAMN WORK?!

Attached: captain confederacy capitol building.jpg (635x720, 66K)

I don't think he respects Sam.

What does Captain America actually want? A brighter future for all?

He wants you to move.

The thread should've ended already.

I need to ungay this thread with some Ares.

Attached: Ares.jpg (690x3266, 1008K)

You to be better.

Racemixing to stop.

The only difference between SJW shit and liberal opinions in comics is the quality of writing with which they are presented. Conservatives bitch and moan about what's being said, Liberals are complaining about the poor dialogue, don't confuse them as complaining about the same thing.

I mean, if you agree with Red Skull you should re assess yourself.

The poor writing and dialogue are a result of the shitty SJW opinions.
You can't write a sympathetic character crying about being "misgendered" by a medical doctor.

>ad hominem
yikes!

"I want to do more to help refugees" and "ORaNge mAN BaD" are both trying to say the same thing, but one is SJW shit. The difference really is in the writing quality, its just that you are so wary of your opposition that you reject them in all forms.

I dont think you understand human conversation yet. Your algorithms need work, bot.

That one retarded comic group argued that all comics are political in nature. Coincidentally it's full of communists too.

The comics group is about a van helsing/constantine ripoff but featuring a womanlet action heroine. Lol

Nobody cares.

Yes you can. Just have them face real harassment on a regular basis and don’t portray them as extremely emotionally fragile or doing anything particularly wrong. Make it so their frustration with being called the wrong gender seems justified.

>completely ignore the argument
>immediately attack the person making the argument
literal brainlet

But everyone would be calling them the correct gender; they'd just be misgendering themselves.

Yeah you're right, I wasnt arguing. Makes sense why I didnt use a proper argument doesnt it?

Your counterargument was "BUT ITS RED SKULLLLL!!!!"

And we look back on scenes like that as being stupid, dated, and laughable. Really makes you think.

I'm not going to even bother arguing this political point with you, just going to point out that you're saying that it's literally impossible to have a character who is wrong that is written well. How fucking stupid can you be.

Alright then, but just because you don’t see trans people as valid doesn’t mean they can’t be written as sympathetic characters.

No. That was my reply. I know better than to argue in these situations.

>what is invisible woman, wasp, scarlet witch, jean grey, storm,sif, rogue, she hulk, fucking golden girl

Most people could feel sympathetic to someone with the mental illness of gender dysphoria.
Most people don't feel sympathetic that a literal man in a dress gets upset at being referred to as a man; even less so when its a literal medical doctor saying so, in regards to the ability to give birth.

God you're so fucking transparent it's almost cringe.

Of course comics were always political. The true problem is that modern writers prioritize whining about their personal causes over telling a good story. Combining it with the current cultural zeitgeist that enforces political correctness as both fashion statement and dogma is what makes it hard to accept.

I mean, if you don't agree with what he's saying there you're pretty retarded. The facts don't change just because Red Skull is the one saying them.

Please tell me how you apparently know the opinions of “most people” on this subject.

>Hitler did nothing wrong

>Yea Forumsmblr gets butthurt at the truth in this post
Nothing new here.

You're allowing him to redirect the argument away from writing in comics and on to the political argument he wants to have. In other words, you're being baited.

Yea Forums- playground for poltards

Call me when you want to discuss actual polictical comics like Perramus.

Attached: Perramus1-004.jpg (1200x1550, 251K)

>wow look at these pathetic manbabies crying about politics, games/comics/movies have always been political you nerds [posts old examples of good games/comics/movies] manchildren will actually claim these aren't political
>Ok well what sort of topics do you want to tackle in games/comics/movies
>orange man bad, racism bad, sexism bad
People appropriate older media that made points on all sorts of social issues, and appropriate them as a platform for their facile takes on broad topics and their overwhelmingly unfalsifiable statements that they feel need to be broadcast and hammered into other people despite having been done so ad infinitum. At best the more nuanced works of history will be used as an example for the platform-holder to push what their stance essentially isn't; at worst those works will also be condemned for superficial reasons that allow the platform-holder to retain their unwarranted moral high horse.

Because "men pretending to be women" is one of the oldest forms of comedy, and no amount of legislation will make people respect men who unironically try to be women. Sympathy would be acknowledging the problem; ridicule is when oh shit, you're serious.

>its bad because it's bad politics now
Write me another essay, crybaby. Stay triggered.

FUCKING BASED

>That jumpcut in the middle
>That cutoff at the end
Way to go, user.

It sounds like something you’d hear from a typical pretentious wannabe political revolutionary. If you remove the context of Red Skull saying it, it basically sounds identical to a Communist critique of American culture.

If you didn't agree with Captain America you were a nazi, tho. Most superhero stories, if not all, are about heroes beating up people the author does not agree with.

Most superhero stories were work-for-hire productions rattled off to make as much profit from the disposable market as reasonable. Ventures like Watchmen or Green Lantern and Green Arrow weren't made entirely for those materialistic reasons and had different topics to espouse and different levels of humanisation on show. It feels almost unfair taking those writers - who had a breadth of life experience to work with - and comparing them to pundits on Twitter who grew up on a diet of throwaway-TV and know little outside of the formula of 'this is the hero, this is the moustache-twirling jock misogynist villain who is narratively incapable of growth'.

Anime and Manga? Gundam plastic models? Hentai games by actual japanese people? Knittting?

I dunno man, its just that it's the latest fad of America to be over-politicized to the point where everyone can see it these last 20 years.

This.

Maybe in the local america market. Not for the worldwide market. Before the cartoons, nobody gave a fuck about the X-Men and their pleas of

>MUH SEGRAGATION
>MUH POLIDICKS

and when the 90s hit, the world saw Jim lee's dicktastic art and cool designs with cool powers, a kick-ass theme every weekend and BOOM! Success. Shit, even back when my father was collecting and reading comics, it was mostly Adventure Comics, Detective Comics, Strange Comics(with Adam Strange), Spider-man and that's it for the american superhero comics for a very long time. And my dad was and is a casual comic reader.

I think things like climate change and large extinction of species is a bit more important than "baaaawwww why does X have something I politically disagree with?!"

Ditko wanted to have Peter whine about anti-war protesters on college campus. Lee changed the dialogue to the opposite, where he was sympathetic to them because he knew Spider-Man was popular with that crowd and shitting on them would hurt readership.

>Radical left views

People think universal healthcare is a radical leftist idea in the US despite rest of the world using some form of that system.

It means you're a nazi sympathizer and/or a brainlet sheep.

>Anime and Manga?
I mean a lot of those are pretty heavily politicized but just in a way that western audiences may not be familiar with. Like AoT is borderline facist propaganda that the author has confirmed is partly inspired by the works of Carl Schmitt, and shit like Gate: Thus the JSDF Fought There is naked pro-JSDF propaganda that had to actually be toned down from the source material (the author basically being a Japanese Alex Jones).

Sssssshhh Don't disrupt the narrative. Female heroes only exists when is convenient to the narrative. Never forget it.

wtf I love nazis now!

I.e. it boils down the same thing as reading capes as a kid: you're too stupid and ignorant of the context and mistakenly think later in life that there was no politics before because you personally never registered it.

People also think that Left-Right politics are the same everywhere when it couldn't be furhter from the truth. For example, while in my country I'm seen as a lefty and vote for left-wing parties, if I were to vote in America based on those same values, at worst I'd vote some of the right-wingers or not all while being called a nazi misogynist or something.

See, that's the problem of getting caught in the western mainstream. Naruto, Dragon Ball, shounenshit in general, slice of life and even "political" shit like Gintama are never as overtly political if at all. If you want quality, walk away from what the average brainlet westerner tells you and find something else.

Unlike western capes, in manga and anime you need to have either tunnel vision or look really hard and touch your inner moron to seek out political stuff. Shit, Shield Hero wasn't even thought of as political until the fucking western monkeys made it that way. Because before that, NOBODY cared about the manga. And that manga had fantasy polidicks in it that are luaghable and childish as the D&D polidicks because it was the only way to have exciting fantasy action with spells and dragons.

>released in 2nd world war
>wtf it's political

Attached: 1527477796642.jpg (1920x1080, 269K)

Two disgusting faggots, sitting in a tree,
Eff You See Kay Eye En Gee

Naruto has a lot of political aspects to it once you start seeing other hidden village ninjas, you dumbass.

Yes. Fantasy politics. Unless you wanna claim that each village having a walking-talking magic nuke inside a living person is somehow real-life politics. Or that the five villages who represent old real life Ninja clans far more than actual people, even if the Raikage and most the cloud are black, is relevant to modern politics. Because I don't think the Koga ninja arguing whether or not they should use cobra poison in their bombs and if they should hang an Iga ninja for cutting in on their bussiness is relevant nowadays, retard.

Naruto being shunned and discriminated for his entire youth over something he never personally had anything to do with is very allegorical of, you know, what immigrants and refugees today have to endure. It's also inspirational story of how to develop from a trouble maker to a respectable and contributing member of society by getting people accept you and help you integrate into society once biases and prejudices are thwarted.

Not him or saying he's right but the clud having blacks in it would ve seen as some kind of political move now. Especially if an American wrote the Naruto series.

Except he wasn't shunned because he was an immigrant, he was shunned because he harbored a walking nuke and was an orphan, something the other kids didn't mind. Only the adults that lost their loved one. Same thing happened with Gaara and in Gaara's case he even murdered people.

If you're an american or a bit, sure I can see that being the case. For japanese, Naruto's entire arc of going from orphan with an aburd discrimination just because he had somewhat of a connection to something evil, him proving his worth and then becoming the hero of his village is an allegory for bullies in japanese society. He rose up and became the hero instead of becoming Gaara who was a villain and probably the equivalent of a biker gang dude / boshozoku just because he was shunned and fell in the wrong crowd.

If it was written by americans. It wasn't. Probably the only reason the cloud even had blacks was because Kishimoto's idea of Killer Bee, a guy that raps all the time and quotes Muhammad Ali who is world famous so he made the others like that.

Channers will only accept politic in their comic when it will unironically outright call for extermination of non-white

>>Yes. Fantasy politics
The Pain arc is almost entirely political
>children soldiers/orphans of war
>lesser countries used as battlefields
>shady warmonger deals
>peacekeepeing activism groups being killed by said warmongers
>Villain stealing those "magic talking nukes" via terrorism
>eventually said villain goes all Magneto on people
I know Naruto is mostly shonen mumbo jumbo,but this part actually had depth

And that's a good thing.

>Except he wasn't shunned because he was an immigrant

That's why I said allegorical, dumbass. He was discriminated against simply because of the Fox Spirit inside him, not because of anything he did wrong (until he became a delinquent for attention). The kids mimicked the parents without any understanding why Naruto had to be excluded and began discriminating him too. It's similar as being discriminated as a muslim because another muslim did a terrorist attack. You did nothing wrong but groupthink makes everybody now shun you because tangentially you're associated with the attack. Or a south american family gets told you do not deserve to have an asylum from violence because you latinos are all rapists and criminals, just like MS-13, because the president said so.

The difference between Gaara and Naruto is that Naruto had a teacher who actually treated him well and wasn't afraid of him, where as Gaara was just feared and considered a dangerous weapon by everyone.

This implies immigrants are inherently dangerous on thier own and not normal people.

Wow it's almost as though the Japanese are incredibly xenophobic and distrusting of foreigners.

It doesn't because the kids had no understanding of Naruto being dangerous, they still discriminated him simply because that's what everybody did, he was the kid you bullied because your parents acted negatively about him and you wanted to do what your parents did.

/thread

Wrong again moron. Firs tof all, it was select children that mimmicked their parents, children like Sasuke and some of his other classmates didn't shun him as he was shown skipping class and loafing around with Shikamaru and Chouji looooooong before any Shippuden shit or even some of the later

>MUH JESUS NARUTO STUFF

and even had the fucking Hokage take care of him. Gaara on the other hand was shunned by his father, feared by other children actively, deeply hated by his uncle and his siblings were afraid to interact with him in fear of him snapping and killing them both. Had Iruka not been there and it was only Mizuki, Naruto would probably end up like Gaara or start wanting revenge like Sasuke. Iruka's words on the first chapter just put into perspective some things Naruto never considered like how much some people actually cared about him.

To make it a simle allegory of

>MUH IMMIGRANTS

is stupid and myopic and it shows lack of understanding of the author's culture, not some great enlghtening moment where you realised that allegory can work in five different ways just because your culture somehow sees it that way.

Except for that last part where Pain trips on godfumes and essentially wins, the whole thing mirrored the Bakumatsu way too closely. It's almost a "what-if instead of the Meiji Restoration, the Kihetai won after they were fucked over and murdered".

Thank you.

>retards actually think Naruto being shunned is some allegory to immigrants being shunned
No wonder other boards call this place Yea Forumsmblr

>you wanted to do what your parents did.
For good reason. You trust them to know better then you and are taught to listen to them.

Is there any Vietnamese superhero? Captain Rice?

>Racism and discrimination is good if your parents do it

Yeah, that's totally how it works.

I mean, you could be raised by progressive libcucks in Swedenstan who leave you to get raped by a dozen Mohammads because "they're just like us".

>every other race has demon monsters in them
Again, this allegory falls apart when you remember they are literally dangers. The fact the parents even let thier kids by him is more stupidity if they remember the horror that beast caused.

why don't you suck my nuts?

Of course mosque shooters like you will agree

I mean Catholics let their kids be molested by the church for decades so that means pedophilia's okay...

No, they didnt. The entire reason is was a scandal was because it was being covered up by the clergy. People we're outraged because they were actual humans, and not mudslimes, who unironically and literally worship a child rapist.

That's how it goes in japanese societal etiquette you retard. You do something horrible against society, you and your immidiate family are shunned and even bullied. The kids follow their parents example most of the time because they take an example out of them and to them, their parents are the righteous adults who keep society together.

Even in Naruto, the guys that shunned Naruto were said snobbish fucks and the guys Naruto hanged out with were other troublemakers like Chouji, Shikamaru and Kiba and to an extend Sasuke but he's ommited because he's a speshul snowflake and nobody could hurt or understand him.

Do people actually want comics to go back to being blatant propaganda rags?
When people get upset about politics it's often because the author is taking a divisive hot-button issue and portraying one side as morally righteous and the other as evil/retarded

Why don't you just accept the fact that everybody hates you and enjoys themselves much more when you're not around?

>Do people actually want comics to go back to being blatant propaganda rags?
At least those age hilariously.
I dont think anyone is going to look back fondly on all these SJW propaganda comics.

Thread should’ve ended here.

Sure, if you have a room temperature IQ.

>furhter from the truth
>furhter
>führer
nice try nazi

I feels the same way about you

The problem is not politics in the media, this is something normal and always existed, the problem is the current writers do not know the difference between politics and political propaganda. for example: Lorax a children's story that introduced the environmental issue to children. in the original version the focus is to explain the problem demonstrates the arguments and the consequences if nothing is done ... already in the current version. it all comes down to "industry is bad" "ecology is good". That's just propaganda, and this kind of shit spreads across the media.

>Implying people agree with the ancient agenda pushing either.
Most early Captain America comics are nearly unreadable due to being boring, rehashed propaganda. Syd Shores and Kirby bothered to write fun stories, but that's about it.

There's nothing wrong with comics being political. The problem is people pushing their agenda to the detriment of the story itself. The fact that people ignore this distinction and more or less upvote retardation like
is disgusting.

Does it necessarily make them political? Nowadays many action films/series are about fighting some Russian or islamist conspiracy, but it's really surface level and uses politics as an easy source of villain inspiration. Now WWII comics were actual propaganda ("you can slap a jap" etc.).

>LOOK THE WORLD HAS GONE TO SHIT!
Except all the things he describes have been things since the very founding of the nation, and if anything it's better now than it was.

>Indentity Politics = Politics

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 44K)