Has a cartoon ever emotionally affected you in a severe way that interfered with your life?

Has a cartoon ever emotionally affected you in a severe way that interfered with your life?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 1.22.51 AM.png (1320x1334, 818K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=kpLX_gMwKms
youtube.com/watch?v=GDshqKQG4ug
m.youtube.com/watch?v=NsWn8Ls1y8o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes, seven years ago I leaped from my apartment block after seeing my favorite Japanese cartoon character die on screen. I died instantly.

i genuinely cried when morpheus said "goodbye mathew" and i felt depressed for like 2 days because id finished the best comic ive read
other than that nah

>It’s real
>even Anime News Network reported it
what the fuck

Song of the Sea gave me the same touched emotions I got from watching Spirited Away. I got real sentimental viewing it.

Attached: 3472048_sa.jpg (584x748, 90K)

One user said he stopped eating waffles because of TTG. Make your own conclusions.

>shonen jumped.png

Nope, actually canon has treated my favourites well in most games. It’s the fandoms I hate.

This fucked me up for months

m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=kpLX_gMwKms

Fucking pussy.

Not severe but the only time I've ever cried during a movie was the ending of Spider-Man 3.

I liked the characters too much

underrated post

Not a cartoon, and not severe. I blame it all on my unstable, badly-parented mind.

Attached: tyrion.png (1442x1081, 1.22M)

Moral oral fucked me up for a few days when I binged-watched it.

I know a friend who used to literally pluck his hair out when he was stressed to the point where he wore a hat to cover up the missing hair-patch, but stopped when family guy made fun of it.

Attached: tumblr_os6c36sIkd1wrh3v2o1_250.gif (164x160, 207K)

SU helped me understand and manage my emotions better instead of being an autismo at every turn, so it has that going for it.

Optimus Prime dying AGAIN in 'Dark Awakening' messed me up.

My dog died around the same time Terror died in Ennis' The Boys so it helped me cope with it.

Yes when Peter Parker died in Into the Spider-verse and Gwen didn't acknowledge that, it was very traumatic. Peter Parker shouldn't die ever.

No, because I'm a relatively normal adult and not some retarded cunt that sees politics everywhere and subsequently throws tantrums about the bits I don't like.

The Irl-vegeta story is more entertaining than shonen-jumped.

Attached: 1536925019555.jpg (900x918, 220K)

Not gonna lie, I was pretty upset when Finn got cucked.

Attached: finn and his friends.gif (418x272, 902K)

Attached: pizza barron.gif (300x225, 1.92M)

Yea Forums - grorius nihhon animé news

Do we even have janitors in this board anymore?

Attached: 01o.jpg (722x768, 773K)

That and you stabbing a guy to death while asking him why he did it.

Well, not exactly interfered, but i stopped watching Venture Bros because Brock`s sheer masculinity constantly reminded me of my failings.

Attached: 1547943895352.png (600x450, 199K)

Yeah, but why'd you make the bunny's ass and thighs so fat, thick and plump?

10/10

>its always the white kid that's emotionally unstable
I shed a tear for seymour but that's it

>Russian
>White
Pick one

youtube.com/watch?v=GDshqKQG4ug

2:10 always makes me shed tears. I don't know why, but Tom choosing to raise the duck is really a strong scene imo

Attached: Untitled.png (597x523, 319K)

>white boy dies for Japanese anine
This isnt fucking Yea Forums related

It's such a beautiful day.

>genuinely cried

who the fuck are these people?

Beauty.

Interfere with life? No.
But one night a few years back I was rewatching the cartoon short Christmas Comes But Once A Year and found myself bursting into tears.

Not even at the sad part of the kids being miserable, but at the happy part where Prof Grampy was inventing toys and bring the magic of Christmas back to the kids.
It was like the idea of something so selfless and inspirational of everyone getting a happy ending hit me like a ton of bricks for no reason.

Attached: maxresdefault (8).jpg (1280x720, 156K)

Attached: Kekkington.gif (200x150, 2.59M)

Gentle, sensitive souls unspoiled by exposure to a sick, depraved and damned world where everything that isn't corrupted was already shit to begin with; where the value of anything is negotiable and innocence is a commodity to be sold for despoiling to those who lost what little they had many years before and can draw the slightest sliver of pleasure only out of dimming the fragile light that is left.

So what you're saying is, that the thread would be Yea Forums relevant if he had posted about the SU suicide debacle instead?

Put me in the screencap when you're done phonesamefagging for the epic screenshot you'll post on r/Yea Forums.

More times than I can count
>I’m still fuming over star vs decent into ship faggotry
>samurai jacks ending made me extremely depressed and I started cutting my arm violently the night of the finale
>adventure time fading away also contributed to my depression
>SU would also get me irrationally angry for its shortcomings plot wise
I want to strangle daron nefcy and feel the life squeeze out of her chicken shit neck more then anything else right now, same goes for Adam muto

Attached: B0176DEB-2F1F-444C-905D-10C935FE59E3.png (635x773, 13K)

Yeah I guess you're right...

It's been a while since I cried. I'll tear up on some emotional scenes sure... But if I'm crying, I'm breaking down and I can't afford to do that.

What comic is that?

Posting in an epic bread

Honestly whose more pathetic Yea Forums or Yea Forums fans?

My nigga

Same, I used to identify with clay way too much.

Yea Forums ones have done more disgusting and degenerate things, so I'd have to go with Yea Forums, but then you have mlpfags, but also sonic-fags, but sonic is japanese,,,,its complicated

Oh my God, you just unzipped me.

Don't know if that count, but one day, I had a dream in whick Nick Fury killed my anime waifu, and after I woke up I spent some time crying.
This was like 20 years ago and I still haven't forgiven this one eyed bastard.

I wish all weeaboos would follow suit. Smelly, dumb wapanese scum.

I remember reading TMNT comics as a kid and collecting every issue. There was a 3 part series where the Turtles battles the embodiments of Pestilence, War and Death and they kill off the entire Mighty Mutainimals cast which I liked a lot. It might sound weird but I at the time I liked them better than turtles because they all had their own backstories stuff.

I quit reading and collecting the comics after that. I was only 8 or 9 at the time. Does anyone else remember that story arc?

For sexual reasons.

Is the white russian male in the photo not white and russian?

>so I'd have to go with Yea Forums
You better be able to back that shit up. Yea Forums has suicide and/or suicide attempts and a genuine mass shooting. Bomb threats because of basugay doesn't even remotely compare to that.

inb4
>nra shill trying to argue semantics

Could be worse, or better depending on how you see it.

Attached: 1477810301850.jpg (1080x720, 640K)

Holy shit. That would make a lot more sense if it was 10 years ago, Samuel L. Jackson jumping in and shooting your waifu because she's actually a Skrull or something. 20 years ago it would still have to be the canon Nick Fury.
Do you think maybe it was the Chameleon in disguise? Did you check which side his eye-patch was on?

Lmao no user. Only northern Germans are white.

>waifuing anyone but Nymph
Faggot deserved it.

BASED
objectively wrong

Not in a fapping way I hope.

BASED

One only needs one look at Barneyfag

What a shit anime that was

>Be an anime fan, watch anime all day whenever you can
>Live happily in your inner world, which consist of anime and nothing else
>Suddenly your favorite anime character dies
>His death shakes you so much you stop watching anime altogether
>suddenly realize you are living in Russia
>Immediately jump out of the window and end it all

Attached: 5b9eb61803936[1].jpg (1200x1188, 136K)

Sandman ending was amazing

I finished hitman last weekend
I cried like a bitch
I'll never have a friendship that pure

>tfw you'll never be Tommy

Attached: Hitman 016 (1997) (Digital) (Darkness-Empire) 009.jpg (1068x1650, 345K)

It's like you people want to go extinct.

Crying to a comic wasn't bad
But then I think I cried to an Ennis comic, and I get worried

>flat

Attached: 1291213839250.jpg (1280x720, 211K)

modern cartoons make me want to kill myself too

>muh ennis is a pure edgelord meme
Go read The Boys right now, you fucking casual. It's required Yea Forumsntent.
Get the trades. The omnis don't have the minis for whatever bizarre reason. When you're done reading, cancel whatever plans you may have had about watching the adaption because now the casting and trailer will tell you the exact amount of fucks Seth gave about the source material. Hint: It's less than one.

based post.

But flat is justice. Surely you're not encouraging injustice, and thus heresy, are you, user?

Attached: 1534445176010.png (321x163, 98K)

Sexual Degeneracy is worse then killings

>flat is justice
Lies told by the weak

No, that was old classic piece of shit Nick Fury doing the "right thing" because my waifu was not human (it was Ai from Video Girl Ai)

asshole
i could tell that as soon as they said ADAPTION and THE BOYS.

there was zero chance they would make it even 0.00001% good.

Kek'd and checked

I gathered courage to confess my feelings to my friend after Tweek x Craig episode in South Park and of course got rejected and still regret it

Attached: 1478314545517.png (882x624, 39K)

>checking singles
Lurk more faggot.

brutal

Attached: 1522959592438.jpg (300x257, 22K)

Plague Dogs made me a nihilist when I was 16

Attached: 1514165771112.gif (63x28, 1K)

Ladderbro, they're asking for you.

Futurama, Jurassic Bark.
Need I say anything more.

Attached: Kek.gif (290x163, 923K)

I know this isn't Yea Forums but doki doki literature club fucked me up pretty bad and made me rethink some of the interactions I was having with my friends

The hardest part was that natsuki is I loved natsuki so much but I know if I met her IRL I'd never actually have the patience to get through to her. Everything is so much easier in games where you can remove yourself and think objectively.

Attached: Natsuki-Baking-ds1-1340x1340.png (1250x703, 535K)

>Killing yourself over a character who was eventually part of a mass resurrection

No because I'm not a goddamn pussy
t. guy who grew up with a single mom who raised him properly (except for the fact that I'm visiting this shithole)

>think objectively
You're wrong on all aspects.

It's easier because there is no consequence. You don't have to evaluate what will happen if you're wrong.

I shouldn't be laughing this hard.

To answer OP's question, cartoons and anime rarely affect me. One specific example was Regular Show's finale. I didn't think that a formulaic show about two furry slackers could nearly bring me to tears in its last 5 minutes, but it did.

The only anime ever that nearly made me cry was Cowboy Bebop. The weight of that last scene, and a line from a earlier episode, still sticks with me today.

Attached: this-fucking-guy.jpg (413x395, 103K)

Screencap this and post it on/a/

lol, Pennis is dogshit

That article is 5 years old. It's been done numerous times already.
Also, quit samefagging already. You need at least a teensy bit of originality to be worthy of a screencap. At least if you'r'e aiming for one anyone will ever bother reposting.

Attached: wGjfPYc.jpg (1280x1983, 626K)

I get teary eyed when there is an emotional scene or ending, but nothing severe like being depressed for days and shit, nigga it's just fiction

Attached: RCO016_1466313890.jpg (924x1402, 416K)

Attached: IMG_20190510_105624.jpg (300x403, 93K)

What? Gwen acknowledged Peter dying.
It was literally part of her origin story.

The end of assassination classroom nearly made me cry bitch tears.

Attached: UXM191.jpg (1988x3056, 2.22M)

Sandman, "The Kindly Ones".

>I had a dream in whick Nick Fury killed my anime waifu

Forgive me but that is also epic.

Huh. Maybe I should draw that.

This is better. Otherwise you would always have wondered. Better a scar than a festering sore...

How would that make you a nihilist??

If it takes forever...

Oh, may I recommend 'Junko Furuta'? That did a number on me.

>20 years ago
Jesus, you Rusty Brown ass motherfucker

When I was in high school, I was watching "When the Wind Blows." About halfway through the movie, my stepdad walked by and started making fun of me for watching a cartoon and I felt really shitty. I finished watching the movie and then I felt even worse. It's still one of the saddest movies I've seen.

>How would that make you a nihilist??
The futile struggle
The unrealized hopes and dreams
The indifference of the world
The disregard for life

Up until this point I had been more or less idealistic. But this one cemented the pieces into place.

He did it for his ghostfu

Attached: 673BEFEB-679D-45D3-AAE5-F5CF0ACCE39B.png (154x328, 92K)

I tried the same thing but landed on you so I'm fine.

Quod fuimus, estis; quod sumus, vos eritis.

Even just the comic messed me up.

How foolish.
It should fill you with resolve that such things will not happen on your watch. That indifference, selfishness and malice are the enemy.

Sounds more like the ignorant and sheltered trying to spin their deficiencies as virtue.

>It should fill you with resolve that such things will not happen on your watch. That indifference, selfishness and malice are the enemy.
lmao
Naivety and arrogance sure is an interesting combo

So, underage shitters who ought to be banned

The one good thing SU does is make people aware of their sperg behavior.

Calm down. The phase of your life in which you’re invested in cartoons will pale in comparison to the phase when you’ve moved past them. You still have a lifetime ahead of you.

Hitman is Ennis at his best in my opinion, at least in terms of the balance of humor and drama which is near perfect. Not to mention all the emotional gut punches sprinkled throughout. The final issue was just perfect.

Attached: RCO027.jpg (1024x1572, 263K)

Yes I remember, they were supposed to get a cartoon but never happened so they kill them. The arc was called terracide in which Slash also died. The scene where the Mutanimals are in hell (it was an illusion) was brutal.

I can't put my finger on what it was about Moral Orel but something about it screwed me up for a couple days too

>That indifference, selfishness
The gored sheep ought to remind you our protagonists are similarily equipped to carry out violence looking out for themselves
>malice
And this is the genuinely crushing thing about Plague Dogs - there is no malice present. Yet these things happen all the same.

>russian
>"people"
Found your problem right there, youre welcome

Bump

>the ignorant and sheltered

Yes, that is what 'innocent' means, user.

Cynicism is the currency of the defeated.
When you stop fighting, it means you're already dead.

Into the jaws of death...

The combination of the bizarre and unreal with things that are all-too-relatable?
The abject hopelessness found in a place that should be a safe shelter?

His masculinity is a cover for the fact that he is actually a very boring and cliche human being. Get rid of him killing henchmen en masse (like the last two seasons did for the most part) and you see he doesn't have much going for him in terms of personality. That isn't to say he is badly written or anything; I would say just don't compare yourself to a guy whose whole life pretty much comes down to jock rock.

>Cynicism is the currency of the defeated.
>When you stop fighting, it means you're already dead.
What are you fighting against? All living things prosper at the expense of others. Life can't be without atrocities because life itself is an atrocity.

Oh look, Yea Forumsmblr is being retarded again.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=NsWn8Ls1y8o

>Life can't be without atrocities because life itself is an atrocity.

Quod erad demonstrandum.

You have drunken the devil's wine. user...

My sides have just left orbit, great job user

Attached: tenor.gif (500x284, 496K)

Well then fight your useless fight against no one and pat yourself on your back for it. I can tell you've got your head up your ass even without your obnoxious high school latin.

You did the right thing user! And I'm sure the future will house better things.

>Gwen didn't acknowledge that
Wut?
She tells it as part of her backstory and I think even when everybody is telling Miles about their losses.
Or maybe you meant you wanted her not to acknowledge that because it makes you sad?

God damn it

Attached: 1528328294521.gif (640x266, 3.26M)

>Well then fight your useless fight against no one

Good boy. You have understood.

It's the fate and duty of a man to struggle every day until he dies.

Attached: 5abde405d6cae_zw.jpg (595x630, 65K)

Cartoons are one of the only things the stop me from killing myself

REDPILLED