DOOM PATROL

i know its early lads but im fucking buzzing for flex
so doom patrol thread NOW!

Attached: dppromotionposter.jpg (1000x1477, 447K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!1h0xUCQK!36LodkfUqLX-z1-GR6rpzg
rarbgmirror.xyz/torrent/1rjuk92
youtube.com/watch?v=6b4iZK1m9cM
youtube.com/watch?v=9xlx9WueM3U
springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=doom-patrol-2019&episode=s01e03
npr.org/2019/01/10/683993516/judge-dismisses-ashley-judds-sexual-harassment-claim-against-harvey-weinstein
youtube.com/watch?v=31tIScJZIH8
youtube.com/watch?v=uLSghgZxIHA
youtu.be/uL1SZsuL-Vo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_digging
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: RCO006_1468981252.jpg (978x1600, 336K)

Attached: RCO009_1468801021.jpg (974x1523, 294K)

Which issue is this?

Attached: 1557456448770.jpg (916x684, 464K)

Attached: DP63.jpg (960x621, 127K)

looks relatively new from what i can see its either young animal run or anything past issue 70 of the normal run

It was a sentient black hole that the DP faced from what that user told me but Idk.

as i say, it looks rather new so its probs the young animal run of doom patrol and i havnt read a single issue of it,space case is a shit character so i just dont even bother

FLEX ON THE HATERS
FLEX ON MR NOBODY

>if you cant alter reality and reshape the pentagon with a month of tensing you can just get the hell out

Attached: heroofthebeach.webm (801x538, 1.46M)

Ok, it was the 2009 Doom Patrol run. I just looked it up.
Not Ways Young Animal.

I just want to give this sadsack of bandages a hug.

Attached: dc6ij2f-aeaf51f7-fe32-419c-a7ea-8cafb85bba6f.jpg (845x1224, 198K)

Could this be that the final twist of the season is no one on the team die? I love them all.

Just finished the Morrison run like half an hour ago. I kinda plowed through it, so the emotional impact of the ending() was like a cotton ball to the face. Some of the nuances and implications were probably lost on me. I wasn't a fan of the majority of the art either. It felt incredibly cluttered sometimes. Also murky, which is probably my biggest gripe. Jamie Hewlett's art was definitely refreshing. I think the comic would've improved a whole lot if the colors were a wee bit bolder. I have a similar complaint about the show as well, it's like there's some tint across the screen, making everything visual dab.

To reiterate, I plowed through it, so take my complaints with a pinch of sugar. It also wasn't a psychical copy.

>Fun Larry from Titans is possible now
what a world we live in

Attached: 4A73A1ED-95F3-4F0C-88C1-614ED5A988E4.png (1200x1200, 1.66M)

how many episodes are left of the season?

2 not counting Flex Patrol

Anyone have the mega? I've missed a couple of episodes.

You're a gent

I have to get home in time for Flex

About to start the episode. Here's the snippet for next week

Attached: next.png (304x275, 149K)

>As perfect as your body is, your best flex will always be your smile
Dolores best wife confirmed

Attached: flex1.jpg (1115x507, 56K)

Cyborgs dad is still alive

looks surprisingly good

Attached: flex2.jpg (1116x511, 64K)

While I agree with your criticisms about the art, both pencil and color-wise, it's a product of it's time. I don't know how into comics (or british invasion comics) you are, but there's a lot of early-Vertigo titles where they didn't quite know what to do with (DP actually predates the label) that have that same toned-down palette like Sandman and Hellblazer that could benefit a lot from a more cartoony tone (from the top of my head, biggest ones are DP and Milligan's Shade).

Attached: avmm.jpg (1115x507, 69K)

Poor fucker can't catch a break

Nice arse

Should've saved the dough for the Morden

Oh shit Ed Asner is in this episode too?

Attached: cliff.jpg (1110x508, 39K)

>Rita's backstory
It really wasn't anywhere near as awful as they hyped up.

any one of you friends could tell me where to get the new episode? not in NA so torrents are my only way to watch it

See

Wait around. MEGA user will upload it and it will show up on the torrent sites, whichever one comes first.

>one of the few actors to give any sort of real shit about comics appears in one of the best adaptations
Doom Patrol is a glance into the Blessed Timeline

She was a glorified pimp
It's not as tragic as Cliff or Larry, but it's a different kind of bad and sad. She was a victim that became a victimizer.

Has there ever been a character in such a good show as shit as Jane?

Jane's been cool lately, can't really complain much

Literally last episode where she still had the "Far too cool for this nonsense" shtick didn't grate on you at all?

I think you've just got used to her being terrible.

Nah, I never hated her as much as most people but shes been legit better in the last few eps

She's been better because they're used her less in general. If she was any worse I'd have dropped the show entirely.

Looks like next episode we're also getting Nobody's origin story.

Attached: nobody.jpg (1115x503, 37K)

Nah, hard disagree.

Fuck I can't wait to get home

>Cliff is starting to get through to Jane
Progress is good.

>Dolly's death

Attached: Andre didn't Sign Up for This.gif (255x191, 1.9M)

Healthy Danny too.
God I cant wait to see how Brain and Monsieur Mallah looks like

Attached: danny-the-street.jpg (1400x700, 299K)

Welp
Good ep I suppose
The Larry and the spirit thing felt tacked on and really random

Attached: 1556094089071.png (1200x557, 479K)

Okay what the fuck is Nobody's plan even

To make an entertaining TV show

To fuck with people
His ultimate aim is complete and utter madness

It's already on torrent sites. rarbgmirror.xyz/torrent/1rjuk92

Attached: dp36.webm (1200x545, 2M)

Holy fucking shit his powers are on point

Attached: dp38-1.webm (1200x543, 2.98M)

Attached: dp37-1.webm (1200x543, 2.4M)

That scene made me hungry

I can't believe we live in a time where a live-action Flex Mentallo is a thing.

Luckily Larson was only Shot in The Minerals and will make a full recovery

Attached: dp39-1.webm (1200x543, 2.82M)

I gotta have jane's shirt

Holy fuck is that Ed Asner? it Fucking is Holy Shit!!!

>It really wasn't anywhere near as awful as they hyped up.
>It's not as tragic as Cliff or Larry, but it's a different kind of bad and sad. She was a victim that became a victimizer.
It was literally just #metoo shit. Nobody thought arranging for wannabee actresses to get movie parts in exchange for sex with producers was a horrible thing until a couple years ago when "get attention and real in my mind rapebux" was memed to death.

>flex
I really need to watch this

>Nobody thought arranging for wannabee actresses to get movie parts in exchange for sex with producers was a horrible thing until a couple years ago
No, it was always seen as super scummy

same
literally me whenever i read flex

Attached: dp40.webm (1200x543, 1.01M)

JUST

It was seen as Hollywood. Old producers letting gold-diggers be gold-diggers wasn't anything to be proud of but it also wasn't something anyone had moral crises over prior to 2017.

Are you fucking serious? It was always seen as a shitty thing to do and has been a major hollywood issue for decades.
Look, i get that SJWs trigger the fuck out of you but not everything wrong in the world is become of them

International netflix release when?

It used to be seen at the same level as prostitution, still looking bad for both parties but more an embarrassment than an enormous deal.

Uploading here

No, it's this:
You're either very young or very brainwashed if you think anyone felt like they did something horrible in the past by agreeing to have sex with a whore in exchange for movie parts.

He wants to cuck Chief and keep the cavewoman pussy to himself.

Might not be happening. When they did it with Titans, it was announced near the start of the season, and Doom Patrol is getting released in Canada on some channel. I would assume they didn't do a wide international release for Doom Patrol because they're potentially expecting to get DC Universe up for international markets soon (or even taking it down and getting the more general WB streaming service up, if the rumors on Swamp Thing's production is any indication).

Basically, just pirate it if you're not in US/Canada, there's no way you can support or otherwise access the show for the time being.

Attached: dp41-1.webm (1200x543, 2.88M)

Mr. Nobody literally playing the part of the mentor so that he can actually have Rita at full strength

300IQ plays.

damn i didnt realize infinity war affected the dcu

Gotta say, I want that Doom Patrol fleece

Bless you mega user

What if Mr.Nobody doesn't have a plan?
What if everything was actually all The Chief's plan?

It goes deeper.....

I figured as much. And the transition into a digital format probably didn't help either. I actually like the original color in Sandman the best, but I think that's due to the fact that the psychical copies(the omnibus tomes) I have make use of very glossy paper, which ruins a lot of the art.

Are there 13 episodes out or just 12?

13th ep dropped two hours ago

13, newest one is uploading right now.

This was the 13th episode

>"fortunately he only got shot in the minerals"
LOL

Attached: 13-dougie-twin-peaks-coffee.w700.h700.jpg (700x700, 101K)

Rita best girl.

Early, early Hellblazer actually had quite a bit of color. It used simple colors, but could still paint a pretty nice page. I will admit that I've never seen the original issues, so the coloring could look darker in them, but the reproductions have been pretty bright.
Lots of purples.
Things got more grey and brown when Ennis (and Dillon) took over, and Phillips was known for barely drawing backgrounds

Attached: John Constantine, Hellblazer - Original Sins v1-023.jpg (3935x3025, 2.5M)

Talk about enlightened casting

Cliff deserved that Daytime Emmy!!!

Thanks

Is it me or was that Klarion in the flashback?

As funny as his bits are, I wonder what they're going for with him. Becoming an actual villain or just keep getting into wacky hijinks til he snaps.

>tfw Morrison's meta-powers have grown so strong we now have an official Flex Mentallo reaction webm for reading Flex Mentallo
>sequential dubs even
should he be stopped? Should he be encouraged?

Attached: grantmorrison.jpg (320x320, 7K)

this

dammit larry you had one job

Attached: Doom.Patrol.S01E13.Flex.Patrol.1080p.DCU.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H264-NTb.mkv_snapshot_33.32.717.jpg (1920x1080, 102K)

It's from Giffen's run.

>it's up
Thanks user

>Nobody thought arranging for wannabee actresses to get movie parts in exchange for sex with producers was a horrible thing until a couple years ago
Don't be retarded. It's always been seen as an asshole thing to do, and it's never been an arrangement women themselves have liked. Taking advantage of people for sex IS a shitty thing to do no matter how acceptable Hollywood thought it was.

would you?

Attached: VSCRSH2019-05-10-11h20m51s398.png (1280x720, 750K)

>The Doom Patrol enter the Nobodyverse to save the Chief

I'll never be able to get tired of this dude

Attached: VSCRSH2019-05-10-11h34m11s583.png (1280x720, 937K)

It's kinda rare to see a supervillain fucking up in live action. Like, when is the last time we had an incompetent supervillain that's not in a gag series?

Dang, I was hoping all the DC whatsit shows would wind up there.

Hollywood was always seen as some of the worst shit morally, it's just that now people are actually trying to do something about it.

This show is a gift

How can this show be this perfect?

CLIFF STEELE MADE FLEX CRY

I submit that we change his name from Robotman to Jerkman.

Letting an actress sleep with you for a role wasn't anywhere close to "some of the worst shit morally."
Believe it or not we used to respect women enough in the past to recognize they were autonomous human beings who could decide to either earn a role the honest way or else cheat and sleep with a producer.
Now apparently women have no choice but to trade sex for fame and wealth because those are needs and there's no other option but to seek out a sleezy old rich guy and pleasure him for it.

He deserves that sticker

Attached: D6Mmj6CUEAA2vpN.jpg (486x680, 34K)

He didn't want to. Jane bullied him into doing that. Which in retrospect is kind of weird, not sure why she couldn't just interrupt the TV show herself.

Because DC made sacrifices elsewhere

youtube.com/watch?v=9xlx9WueM3U

It wasn't just the women sleeping with execs for roles thing, Hollywood has always been a den of vice. And there were plenty of guys execs that would make it so the only way a female actor could land any sort of role is if they slept with them.

>no Hero Halo
Only thing stopping this from being the perfect episode

>shitting on Krypton
What?

That Brainiac makes me diamonds

Attached: tentacles man.gif (250x250, 1.4M)

>making Flex cry
You done fucked up now, bub

Attached: 1487988025494.jpg (753x733, 74K)

>It wasn't just the women sleeping with execs for roles thing
It should be since that's the topic we're actually discussing and what happened in the episode. Why are you trying to muddle the issue with other shit?
>There were plenty of guys execs that would make it so the only way a female actor could land any sort of role is if they slept with them.
No one person has ever had the ability to keep a woman from acting in any production in existence. That's tortured hyperbole at best. Maybe you wouldn't get a *Weinstein* role without sleeping with him, but since when is anyone entitled to star in one of his movies in the first place? Disgusting entitlement and greed.

>only one more episode until everyone dies

>Nobody ripping off Cyborg's face from the DP poster
>"That's better"
Fucking kek. I've actually grown fond of this version of Cyborg but still a good joke at the reaction from when he was first announced for the show. Flex was amazing and barring seeing the words "Hero of the Beach" as he flexes, he was pretty much what I wanted. It'll be interesting to see how the Doom Patrol is going to confront Mr Nobody now that they've got a reality bender of their own. I do wonder if we will be getting the Evil Chief twist; the scene where Flex spun it into a soap opera storyline makes me think they're averting that take, but I still believe parts of it will be true. How many times were we told that Chief isn't that great of a person? Personally I'm still banking on him being responsible for Cliff's accident since he's the only one that didn't enter the donkey dimension and Nobody would likely save that to break him.

Please? I want to protect all of them, especially after today’s episode.

>Hero Halo
Not sure why you anons were so interested in having Hero of the Beach text floating above his head. If anything about these stories is best kept as a comic book medium feature only it would be magic floating text. Was a cool and funny touch in the comics for Morrison to take the random little details in a tiny little Charles Atlas ad and take them seriously as superhuman phenomena but wouldn't really add anything to the TV show.

I am poor. I am ignorant. Who is this, and how may I learn more?

Ed Asner’s a comic fan? Granted, I know basically nothing about him, but that does make his appearance pretty darn cool.

>How many times were we told that Chief isn't that great of a person?
Zero. Kippling calling him pragmatic and willing to do what it takes to keep the world from ending isn't the same as saying he's a bad person.

Flex Mentallo. Read the Doom Patrol run with Grant Morrison, it's the main basis for this TV show.

I was referring to Hollwood always being seen as seedy and not just because a lot of execs setting up a roles for sex type of deal. Not to mention a lot of the time if you rejected their advances you wouldn't get work period. Hell, fucking Brendan Fraser was blacklisted because he was sexually assaulted and refused to play ball and he's only just now starting to get roles again, I imagine it's even worse for a lot of women. Don't be a faggot and try to frame it as women actors just being bimbos, the entire industry is built on bullshit like this and it affects both genders.

Thank you. My quest for understanding begins.

Read Flex Mentallo

Yeah, I don't care how much you try to muddle the issue here, it's still ridiculous to act like actresses who voluntarily sleep with producers to get famous are somehow victims.

This made me sad :(

Hey come now. You're being too kind. They did that and then also kept shtum after getting enough success that they could do something about it because it would be inconvenient to them.

I’m seriously afraid that we won’t get a second season of Doom Patrol because of how botched the roll out for the streaming platform has been. They’re making and providing good content, and a lot of it, for seven bucks a month, but from Titans to the international market to it not being available on gaming platforms and now Swamp Thing had to have episodes cut, which pissed off the cast.

I really hope they can turn this shit around. I really do. Doom Patrol is too damn good to not get a second season.

And again, you're being an ass by implying all actresses that slept with execs to get a role weren't pressured or coerced into doing so, especially in an industry as insular as Hollywood where blacklisting and blackmail is employed regularly. Sure, some actresses probably willingly offered themselves to get ahead without suggestion but a lot didn't and trying to brush them aside because it doesn't agree with your generalized narrative only makes you look like an asshole.

so when it's gonna be revealed chief is the guy responsible for their "accidents" ?

Huh. He’s still a bishop to the triple fish god, eh? Good for ‘bo.

Attached: D93B08A1-7AD8-4B43-8141-09193E3AB9A3.jpg (640x1008, 115K)

No but leaving the original Doom Patrol to rot in a run down Grey Gardens house also doesn't reflect well on Niles. I'm just saying I won't be surprised if we find out he's been doing unethical shit in the name of what he thinks is right. There's got to be some reason he's not aging when everyone else has a superpower to justify their lifespan.

If it is canceled and there's enough demand Doom Patrol will find a new home

Attached: lucifer.jpg (865x351, 88K)

Flex isn’t at full power in the present, and had no reason to use it during that flashback. They’re probably saving it for the final episode.

He sounds like a shit indie wrestler cutting their first and probably last promo. Why they doing the Main Man dirty like this.

Sounds like Netflix is already streaming Titans in overseas markets, so at least there’s a backdoor to that sort of thing being possible. I just hope, if that is what happens, they keep everyone in the production and don’t change a single goddamned thing.

Why would you want to see it though? It's a really pointless comic detail to care this much about as happening or not in the adaptation. It was a funny little touch Morrison threw in, not anything particularly amazing or essential to the plot.

Because it's a fun little detail that adds to the hokeyness of Flex's character.

For the same reason I like Mr. Nobody’s Doom Patrol fleece and baseball cap.

Hot fucking damn!

oh my god I need him

FLEX IS NOT FOR BULLY

Attached: Cry Mentallo.webm (1280x720, 838K)

Larry has had some real growth over the course of this season. So happy to be proven wrong from my judgement of him at the beginning of the show.

So anyone think we'll find out what Niles took from Nobody when he was being Fuched?

>Cliff feels so bad he gets him ice cream with extra chocolate syrup
That was a nice moment.

This is the capeshit we deserve

Attached: VSCRSH2019-05-10-13h15m28s809.png (1280x720, 659K)

Fucking hell, April Bowlby did an amazing job in the scene where she talks about her past.

How long are we from the end of the current season on the tv show? I want to watch it in two or three sittings rather than weekly.

Why do you guys keep saying Niles took something from Mr. Nobody or prevented him from gaining full power? That's not what happened:
springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=doom-patrol-2019&episode=s01e03
>The despicable fiend escaped with something of great value to me. But he failed to thwart my anatomical revolution, my greatest achievement, my Mr.
Nobody.
Niles took something from the Nazi doctor. And Mr. Nobody's procedure was completed successfully.

WHAT

WHAT

You better not be shitting me, that's my boy!

2 weeks from the finale.

In plain language, there are fifteen episodes. Today’s was the thirteenth, with two more set to air. Not trying to be condescending, just trying to be as clear as possible.

Name a better or stronger villain than mr nobody
pro tip: you cant

Attached: mrnobody.png (1897x1026, 825K)

two more weeks

I wish he had slapped a sticker of Flex over Cyborgs face instead but alas

The fuck is up with those pants

Those are jodhpurs. The aristocracy wears those while riding horses.

Attached: il_340x270.926901681_phu4.jpg (340x270, 13K)

>villain of the show is wearing a DC cap and owns the merchandise
>wants the show to stop being character-driven and become formulaic capeshit
What did they mean by this?

Attached: youdidit.png (242x255, 92K)

he's literally shitposting: the character

His son is autistic and comic books were a way he had to connect to him, so he's a fan and has a foundation to incentivize comic books as a way of socializing autistic kids.

Attached: 3000.jpg (2151x3000, 1.05M)

What the fuck I love Ed Asner now

>comic books as a way of socializing autistic kids.
That explains a lot of Yea Forums honestly

>post yfw a fucking 90 year old has already moved past big two comics while Yea Forums is still reading Tom King

Attached: DzVuexAUwAAFlGD.jpg (1200x900, 204K)

And guest-starring in the best cape show of all time.

This is one of those images that you really need a few episodes to get any sort of context. I love it.

I was going to disagree but I can't think of a single counterpoint.

He was in fucking Freakazoid, for god's sake. Of course he is!

>No one person has ever had the ability to keep a woman from acting in any production in existence
Weinstein had the power to do just that.

>Jane said mansplain again
THIS
JANE
FUCKING
SUCKS

She was clearly just feeling uneasy about someone else knowing her shit. If you'd been paying attention she has chilled out a shit ton and has even started listening to people about what powers she's willing to use.

Which reminds me, do we know what base Jane's power is?

Just ignore her. Everyone else is so fucking good, don't let it ruin your enjoyment.

Jane is a cunt, yep and the sky is blue

We haven't seen base Jane. She's been at permanent Hammerhead. One of the many complaints about her is the lack of variety in personalities.

I fucking agree, cant stand this bitch. The show would be 100x better without her

>We haven't seen base Jane.
>She's been at permanent Hammerhead
What? I don't mean the OG personality I mean the current base one that we see all the fucking time since shes the one actually interacting with the world

No. No one is stopping you from making your own shitty movie. What you mean is "I have to sleep with the mean old producer to be the star of a multi-million dollar blockbuster."

In a fit of rage. To the gentle giant that is Cliff.

It was meant to portray her in the wrong.

That's Hammerhead. Super strength.

This Jane is. Comic book Jane was fine.

>That's Hammerhead.
No it isn't. Jesus, no wonder you hate her if you can't even follow along that much.

We're currently at episode 13 of her being a constant bitch, can't wait for that comeuppance or development or fucking anything.

i really really really hope we get a season 2 if titans can get it this can
although i think the streaming service doesnt help it

If it's not Hammerhead and the base powerless Jane is this much of a bitch then she's getting written by someone totally different to everyone else. I can't marry the gulf in quality any other way.

Crazy Jane is a fucking late Arrow-level character.

>or development or fucking anything
So did you just completely sleep through the Underground ep or something?

I honestly don't know what to tell you, if you legit think that base Jane is hammerhead (despite us fucking seeing Hammerhead talking to Jane in the underground) then you're legit just stupid.

Oh lord he's retarded

The only thing that will keep season 2 from happening is the streaming service tanking.

No, Weinstein's influence was great enough that he could blackball an up-and-coming actress across the industry. Yes, someone can make their own films on their own dime, but then they aren't an actress, they're a waitress with an expensive hobby.

you mean the ep where she was supposed to be ok with cliff now and she's still not?

I was Jane's idea, Cliff is a good boy

>Rita being a mommy to Vic

Attached: 1438703577451.png (215x216, 59K)

>if you legit think that base Jane is hammerhead (despite us fucking seeing Hammerhead talking to Jane in the underground) then you're legit just stupid.

Apparently if a personality's trait is being a bitch and the character is a constant bitch it's hard to tell which is her being a natural bitch and when she's being a meta-powered bitch.

Gonna need some actual proof of a specific actress being prevented from acting in any Hollywood movie on the command of Harvey Weinstein.

Attached: e8e.png (277x271, 8K)

>and she's still not?
Did you miss the two of them working together to try and help Flex and just hanging out in this ep? Yeah she had a bit of a relapse when he brought up the underground but she moved past it super quick and went right back to helping

Rita > Cliff > Vic > Flex > Jane > Larry

Attached: 1554113745892.gif (384x288, 928K)

she's working with him to get the chief, but that's it, she's not that much more of a friend than she was in the first few episodes

>Jane > Larry

I can understand Flex being that low, he's had one and a bit episode. But Larry is a fucking gem.

based

I...I actually completely agree. Good taste user!

Rita = Cliff = Vic = Flex = Larry >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jane

If you'd bothered paying attention during the underground ep then you'd have seen that she does actually like him quite a bit and her making fun of him this ep was a lot more 'friendly banter' tier then straight up shitting on him.
Larry's alright, he just doesn't really interest me a whole lot and I feel like a few of his plots are a bit forced. (Like that bit in today's ep about the spirit wanting to be separated just seemed to come out of nowhere to me).
I legit like all the characters on this show

Look guys, Cliff put his hand on Jane's shoulder and she didn't fight him off or scream any obscenity. That's progress already.
Soon she's gonna be all over that metal dick

Same. I like all the characters, but Larry is the least interesting imo. I don't really care about his constant self-sabotaging desu.

I feel you, but I'd say Larry has come the farthest out of them all. At least he stopped self-sabotaging

Swap Larry and Jane and you're ok

True, but he still needs to acknowledge what a massive cunt he has been to his kids and his wife.

Agreed, but in time. He made peace with John, he won't get to make peace with his wife, so it begs the question where are Larry's kids.

Then they really need to save Chief so he can install that metal dick

Like his wife was any better just taking the kids and leaving when he became deformed.

Jane is Cliff's daughterfu, not his waifu

True. I'd actually like to see the kids in season 2, could be very interesting.

He was already a shitty dad and husband before that.

I mean it's not like she made them hoes fuck tho....

His wife is dead and they likely don't want to address his kids very much because it would just be a retread of Cliff's junk.
Maybe in season 2

Ashley Judd and Mira Sorvino for 2

But she didn't know that. All she thought was that he stayed out to late with the boys.

It's made pretty clear that she knew what was going in and just did her best to ignore it and pretend otherwise until he got burned and she'd had too much

>Writing someone's name is "actual proof [they were] prevented from acting in any Hollywood movie on the command of Harvey Weinstein

Attached: 243.png (680x414, 106K)

Thanks anons. I'll look forwards to it.

What are you looking for then? Photos of them being raped and then beaten by the producers or something?

Bruh she knew her husband batted for the same team. Even back then "staying out late with the boys" was a very hint hint nudge nudge whistle for gay hanky-panky

>prevented from acting in any Hollywood movie
>Ashley Judd
npr.org/2019/01/10/683993516/judge-dismisses-ashley-judds-sexual-harassment-claim-against-harvey-weinstein
>Despite "serious discussions to play a major role in the Lord of the Rings trilogy," court documents state, Judd wasn't cast in the film.
OK, so this would be 2001 or earlier. She's been in 24 major Hollywood films since then. How does that equate to being prevented from working in ANY films?

Attached: helper.jpg (498x573, 49K)

Anyone can actually prove your claim was false. See:

>This definitely happened, user!
>I don't think so, gonna need some proof
>*posts name of actress*
>That's not proof though... ?
>Yeah, well so what!
What the fuck? If you don't have proof why are you certain it's true, and why would you respond to a request for proof with non-proof?

Oh no! She used a popular buzzword and now your SJW senses are tingling!

but they need her as mcguffin to solve all problems!

>popular
lmao its not popular in the slightest, literally only SJWs use it

I have a ton of liberal friends and all of them would cringe if you ever used mansplain unironically

That would be traditionally defined as proof, yes. Accusations are just that and traditionally are not evidence by themselves.

She hasn't relied on Hammerhead since Cliff got base Jane out of the Underground. You could argue that base Jane has been Hammerhead Lite but the whole reason Hammerhead was the go to personality in the beginning is because Jane puts a wall around herself and is standoffish. This episode shows that she's starting to let her wall down.

For fuck's sake, every member started out with baggage that they worked through. It's called character development. Wouldn't be that big of a progression if they just solved her shit automatically two episodes in.

Now they have Flex. She can fuck off.

>Rita's explanation for the baby
That's it? That's literally it? She felt guilty for over six decades because of events she was barely involved with?

She pimped out innocent girls to a sexual predator and sent a helpless young woman away knowing she would not be alright. Not to mention these women were just like her when she was young. It's a huge betrayal.

Wow, you are ignorant AF. Do you think most people have the cash to make their own movie? And even if they did, it still needs to gain the attention of a production company to get any traction and make any profit. One would assume that if you get blacklisted from getting any roles, they're not going to pick up your film.

It's a process that puts actors that are decent people against sleazy producers and actors that have no qualms about sleeping around for parts.

To say that those actors don't deserve any roles or gigs because they won't stoop to their level is severely retarded.

Apparently #metoo Hollywood casting couches are super-serious evils to half the anons in this thread, so maybe they just know their audience.

She covered for the dude by paying the pregnant girl off and then later found out she killed herself over it.
That's her main source of guilt, not the fact that she pimped them out (though she still felt shitty about that)

>Do you think most people have the cash to make their own movie?
Most people don't have money until they do some work to earn it (or cheat and sleep with someone who already put in the work to get an easy ride from them) Also someone already debunked the bullshit claim turning down Weinstein meant never being allowed in a Hollywood film ever again:
>24 major Hollywood films since then
How terrible, she should have been in 30 films!

Not to mention the woman's baby just flat out vanished. No one knows what happened to it. That alone will keep a person up at night for the rest of their life.

>She pimped out innocent girls to a sexual predator and sent a helpless young woman away knowing she would not be alright.
"Meet him at the motel at 9 pm"

Well what did they THINK was gonna happen?

Maybe try to pretend that your chosen career choice was plagued by guys in charge that won't give you the job unless you slurp on their cock and there are handfuls of people that are applying with you that are willing to do just that.

It's a dirtball move to force someone to do sexual favors in order to get a job. How is that not hard to understand? Just because there are those willing to play ball doesn't make it any less vile.

And beyond that, it wasn't just the #MeToo aspect that she felt guilt over it was also the fact that the actress killed herself because of it and left a baby behind. One that Rita felt responsible for, whether she actually was or not.

>force someone
It doesn't start being more true just because you keep saying it FYI.

You didn't see the moment where she felt some sort of emotional sentiment when Cliff stated he just wanted to be there for her? She practically melted when he put his hand on her shoulder. She's definitely trying to be like her old angsty self again but really she's been warming up to the team since her big episode with her trying to console Cyborg on his daddy/grid issues.

Also anyone know the music when Cliff and Jane have their moments?

If someone tells you to suck their cock or you'll never be able to work in your chosen profession that is forcing.

So I'm wondering if Cyborg is actually done or if he'll show back up during the finale. It makes sense that if he is going to be moved over to Teen Titans that this would be his last episode on Doom Patrol.

Part of me is worried that Jane's painting is going to come true but instead of Cyborg/Grid causing it, it's him arriving too late and all of them being dead.

Doesn't seem the likeliest of scenarios but theres some aspects of the painting I'm considering. For one, it always looked to me like he was cradling someone in his arms and yelling/mourning their death instead of being in a rage. Then there was one character in the background that looks to be Flex. And I wouldn't think the painting would be a means to simply fuck with Vic if it was going to include Flex. A character he didn't even know about at the time.

>"suck my dick"
>"no"
>"okay"
>now you're working an honest job in retail or something
Oh, the humanity.

>all the incels in this thread who think sexual predators in Hollywood aren't at fault

I think the writers are basically saving Cyborg from whatever will happen to the rest of the Doom Patrol.

Are you really so far down the rabbit hole that showing compassion and empathy for other humans beings is 'too SJW'?

Being forced out of a profession because some faggot in charge got angry you didn't suck his dick is pretty shitty, yes.

Tribalism is a hell of a drug

>All the incels in this thread that don't think the actresses involved never blowing the whistle after they got big aren't complicit

>Suck my cock or don't get the job nor any job in or related to your chosen career.

Not technically forced, no. But close enough in my opinion. And despite what you think, it's still a dirt bag and evil thing to propose that should be illegal.

Do you not know how blackmail works, retard?

immensely disappointed with way mr nobody looks

Best episode ever

It's not like they haven't already made sacrifices to even get to that point. I mean they've took all those acting lessons, making themselves look at the best as possible, and the debt they may have amassed just to get a shot at their dream job.

It's not like they're being forced, but it's definitely strong armed coercion at play. Either you suck his cock and ride his dick or you spent all those years for nothing. And if you don't continue to do sexual favors for Hollywood execs, you're pretty much blacklisted. I'm sure most of them thought it wasn't really going to be like that, or that it was grossly exaggerated before going into it. It's not their fault that they fell victim to it.

I said nothing about anything being SJW. Take those words and shove them down your own throat.

It's shitty, but you can't say "this person is 100% at fault". You know that there's a lot of resources and people dedicated for this sort of thing, yes? If someone says "suck my dick or you don't get the job", you tattle, nigga. We live in a day and age where the system works so well that people who didn't commit the crime get persecuted, just to ensure the people who did do.

You gussying up anything that isn't forced rape an outlet for a victim complex only adds to the problem. They're adults, they can walk away from it and stand to eat shit for a couple weeks to bring their abusers to court. All of this pussy whipped "wow ur so brave!1!!!" years after the crime happened is shameful and ignorant.

Rita lived in the 40s/50s

It seems strange they have cyborg on the team. Do him and robotman talk about being robotic and does cyborg get shit on for whining about being part robot when he's on a team with a guy who is basically full robot?

The producers who no longer have any power over the actresses and would look far worse if it got out blackmailed the actresses into not working for them any more?

Have you any idea how anything works, retard?

Yeah, Cliff gets salty about it a few times but they become friends and it turns into more of a big brother playful bullying sorta thing

>We live in a day and age where the system works so well
The system didn't work that well in the 50s and 60s. It doesn't really even work today, honestly. Do you really think the justice system is really gonna do anything against people such as Hollywood execs back in the 50s?

And? Read up on the Hollywood starlets that did tattle like they should've. You only hear about the ones that didn't because tragedy sells on A&E.

>If someone says "suck my dick or you don't get the job", you tattle, nigga
Yeah, I'm sure that went well in 50s Hollywood. Hell, it's not even a guarantee that will work current day since it's difficult to prove such allegations without recording the conversation and Hollywood is still so incestuous that you would never be able to prove any sort of blacklisting in most cases.

>muh 50's!
Revisionism is one hell of a drug.

Kid dying in that shitty TV show was the funniest moment of the series yet. Fuck, it was perfect

Why is show Jane so fucking pissy all the time. Good God.

Hollywood isn't and never was a place for sexual predators. Anyone who got taken advantage of had full capability to not be where they didn't want to be.

Except for when it comes to James Gunn, he's obviously a pedophile and we should take him off Guardians of the Galaxy. Right Yea Forums bros?

Look what are you even arguing that this point? That Rita shouldn't feel bad that she pimped a woman out and helped the dude cover it when he got her pregnant and refused to take responsibility for it and then almost adopted the kid's who life she at the very least helped ruin but decided not to because she put herself first?
what?

It still didn't work that well up until recently and is till pretty sketchy. The fact is that if they come out and say it, those in charge were likely not to give a shit to do anything about it and you still got blackballed.

Just because you can't grasp character development doesn't make her a bad character.

>what?

I don't know why you're having such a hard time understanding that different time periods not only had different laws, different outlooks, and different Hollywood cultures.

I mean even today, it takes multiple women to make claims of sexual harassment on a single man in Hollywood before people really start taking it seriously. Hell, look at Dan Schneider. Dudes been mad sketchy for decades and it's only now that Nick wants to cut ties with him.

Ahh! yeah that was pretty great

Yes it does. This catch all for "character development" is shit too. You can make a character that has plenty of character development, loads of it, and it can still be a bad character too you know.

Arya in the TV adaptation of Game of Thrones is a bad character despite having a full character arc

Yeah, I like how Bryan Singer is still allowed to be involved in movies even though he diddled kids but James Gunn making jokes about it was reason for him to never get work again. People with the mentality are fucked in the head.

The whole reason she is a stand offish bitch is due to the relationship she had with her father and she has trust/relationship issues. She puts up a wall and doesn't let people in. That's why Hammerhead is ever present at the beginning of the series because personality that comes out when people are getting too close and she wants them to back the fuck off.

She's starting to thaw as seen ever since Cliff retrieved her from the Underground but it's not something that is going to happen in one solid motion. She's still going to have that wall up when she feels people getting to close for comfort.

Uh, what? She's always been pissy compared to her comic counterpart.I didn't even call her a bad character.

Did you reply to the wrong post or something?

Im not a fan of Flex being moody. He has only really had three big comic representations but they were all mostly overly optimistic. The show takes his optimism and replaces it mostly with innocence.

It might be the only way to make him a recurring character without making him annoying, since an optimistic demi-god that has no flaws isn't particularly interesting, but its just not Flex.

It's literally like one guy who gets mad defensive any time someone shits on Jane. Common consensus is that the show's portrayal of Jane is shit.

>Arya in the TV adaptation of Game of Thrones is a bad character despite having a full character arc

The only case I've seen for this statement is that she killed the Night King and that rubbed certain people the wrong way.

>an optimistic demi-god
that's what the bald men meant him to be.

>certain people
You mean anyone with an above double digit I.Q?

And I told you why she's so pissy all the time. Just because comics Jane didn't have this baggage doesn't mean tv Jane is any worse for having it. It makes sense giving her backstory.

I guess the point is that she's supposed to be unlikable because she wants people to back off. So in that regards, I guess she's getting the intended reaction.

I reiterate that just because she has intended character flaws doesn't make her a shitty character.

My headcanon is that the Ant Farm fried his brain a bit.

>Ant Farm fried Flex's brain with shitty soap operas
What are you telling me here user, that I shouldn't watch too much TV?

She has no real purpose to her character. She became an assassin and then... that's it. She's just an emotionless assassin now. She doesn't feel regret for anything she's done, people still like her despite being brash and a coldblooded murderer, she's just what a 12 year old would think is cool. There is literally nothing interesting that can be said about what she used to be and what she is now and the journey between.

I'm not even saying she's remotely one of the best characters on the show. But for fucks sake, I can't understand why she's the only one that isn't allowed to have any baggage or expected to get over it faster than anyone else.

She's my second least favorite character on the show but people's complaints about her are fucking stupid half the time

Jane exists solely to be pissy and drive people away. Every personality is a defensive mechanism of Kay's, pay attention.

>Dan Schneider

Attached: dan.jpg (958x1024, 130K)

Fucking Thanos.

I dunno man, a shit indie wrestler cutting their first and probably last promo sounds like Lobo to a tee

It was rhetorical. It could make all the sense in the world. She's still pissy.

Yeah. But "base" Jane, or however you wanna refer to her as, is a bit more mellow in the comics. In the show, there's barely any distinction to be made between her and Hammerhead.

I know what the narrative leads you to believe as the cause for her standoffishness. She's still pissy.

>I can't understand why she's the only one that isn't allowed to have any baggage or expected to get over it faster than anyone else.
I don't think anyone has said, or even implied what you're saying.

>I know what the narrative leads you to believe as the cause for her standoffishness
are you implying that the show is lying or something?

And just to underline; I'm not calling her a bad character.

No, that's just bad phrasing on my part.

fair

Also, what is it with the fucking tints/filters they keep on using.

What's wrong with them? They're largely used to good effect. It's not like we're talking about a war scene from Game of Thrones or Titans' entire first season here.

Not gonna lie, Flex's actor is kinda shit at acting.
His body is pretty much perfect for the part tho, so that's good.

Did nobody here saw Perfect blue?

IDK. I don't think I have much of a technical reasoning for it. Probably just a personal gripe. It does make the entire thing look kinda flat and lifeless. A bit unnatural. Kinda boring.

But again, it's probably just personal preference.

I've seen it, how does it tie in with Doom Patrol?

It's a good movie, yeah.

I was just saying for the actress drama stuff

Oh alright.

Next week episode promo

Sounds like filler to me

Sweeeet.

The butts remain loose.

Attached: image (4).jpg (1357x720, 41K)

Please no I'm not ready for it to end

Attached: AdoredSardonicKid-max-1mb.gif (280x158, 790K)

And she didn't even use her assassin skills to kill the Night King

It'll be sad but HOPEFULLY Swamp Thing kino will be right around the corner

Are they--Are they having orgasms?

>it's difficult to prove such allegations
Then why are you so thoroughly convinced they're true? I don't get this mindset of insisting "plenty" of Hollywood producers have been making it literally impossible to get hired anywhere unless you have sex with them and then arguing a second later that it's hard to find proof. Why pretend like you've been in all these people's bedrooms and know exactly what happened when your knowledge is based on seventh hand rumors and stereotypes?

youtube.com/watch?v=31tIScJZIH8

Still won't dull the pain of watching everyone die

Do you think they'll actually do that? I suppose maybe if it's only a one season and done series but it seems like it's set up for at least another season. And I don't think that Mr. Nobody is going to set all this up just to kill them.

quick rundown on Swamp Thing?

I've never been this hyped / scared for a TV show before. Swamp Thing is literally my favorite comic character

Whoa, user. It's fine to be cautiously optimistic, but hyped? Doom Patrol being good may have just been a complete fluke like Cobra Kai.

I don't know why I was thinking Flex was in the painting. Best I can tell is it was the blood splatter on Rita that made it look like Flex's leopard print. As it looks like Silas is the one dead in his arms, I'm guessing this was just part of Mr. Nobody dicking with him and it won't come into play any further than that.

That seems to be it. Though I wouldn't be surprised if he will now cross over to Titans along with his newly gained baggage. I've got to give them credit for making Cyborg's "I'm a monster!" rhetoric have some basis. After the mind fuck Nobody pulled, he'll always have a shade of fear on if Grid will really take control.

I know, that's why i'm scared! Though I liked Titans well enough, honestly as long as it's not completely fucking garbage i'll be happy. I just want more normies knowing about him

Young Justice was up to its usual quality, too. So, it's more like two out of three at this point. Swamp Thing would bring it up to three out of four, second half of Young Justice's third season, etc.

Only thing upcoming that I'm worried about is Titans season 2; I have literally no idea how to turn that shipwreck around, aside from having Wally turn up and retcon the first season out of existence.

The new episode is too big for firefox to decrypt, and I don't want wait until tomorrow to watch it on putlocker.
I sure as shit ain't downloading chrome, so should I download the Mega desktop app?

>Doom Patrol season ends
>Legion season starts

The kino is never gonna end.

My guess is that they are using Danny to get into Mr. Nobody's universe. Since Danny is powered by good times/feeling good, Flex is probably giving everyone orgasms in order to achieve this. Also a couple things I noticed in that scene...

- The ticker on the electronic marque sign is a constant stream of "Oh my God!".

- No orgasms for poor Cliff.

Fuck it, I will.

Ed Asner is too good for this world. Also, he was fucking amazing as Granny Goodness.

Damn... Southern belles with raven black hair are pretty fucking up there on my list of waifu Kryptonites.

I'm worried that it might have a shit ending because WB/AT&T cut production with three episodes not shot

youtube.com/watch?v=uLSghgZxIHA

I grew up watching the old Swamp Thing show on USA a hundred years ago. It was surprisingly solid for a shitty TV series, and it had some legitimately great moments. The episode about the guy who was brought back from the dead and could kill with a touch. The one where Arcane is put on trial by his own subconscious. Also, Dick Durock really had the character down by the end.

DELET THIS

You know at least in Infinity War they just turn to dust with nothing more than some slight nausea from bullshit spideysense

>when you're waiting for the penultimate patrol with all of your friends who also watch the show

Attached: Pleased.png (1902x808, 635K)

Get a DCU Sub, you poor ass bitch :^)

>you will never be enough of a reactionary retard that you defend hollywood kikes because "uhhhhh SJWs did the #metoo thing so that means it's okay for schlomo goldstein and dan schneider to fuck underage girls"

just torrent it or stop being broke and pony up for DCU. It's definitely worth it now, imo

One of the greatest comic characters ever written in many people's opinion. Do yourself a favor and read as many Swamp Thing comics for yourself instead of just trying for a quick rundown.

The music playing over Rita's big reveal is really some of the best in the series. Listening to it now. Also, I think I may very well cry when Ed Asner finally dies.

One of the best monologues on tv in a while. Seriously powerful shit, and I've never even sold a young woman for my own gain

I prefer the sadsack of boob bandages, Rebis

The fucker got away with it, too

It's looking increasingly like we won't see giant Rita this season, if at all

Arguably still one of Fraser's best performances, desu be honest

Nobody not actually having a plan would be vintage Nobody

The bad guys beating the avatar of virility and manliness with a TV hits way too fucking close to home. :(

I really do hope that his plan was making a season of Doom Patrol.

Well, now I can't stop laughing at Fraser's daytime Emmy winning performance.

I really hope this show is to his career what Iron Man was to RDJ.

>a shit indie wrestler cutting their first and probably last promo
Literally a perfect character description of Lobo when he's a side/one-issue character in a comic

Annnnd now I'm just gotten to the Dolores part. The fact that Dolores was a real person they fucked over and not a fake out is not cool.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Absolute mad lad. Hope the last episode is Dada Patrol and doesn't make any sense

Honestly love it. Jane is a bitch and she has issues. She has a character, and its a type of person that exists out there. I don't like her, but I love her characterization

This

I do hope to see more karen tho

I think a lot of people missed the nuance of Jane not flipping her shit when Cliff touched her shoulder. That's honestly huge development for her, and it means her character isn't as stagnant as she was

I'm with this user. People that need to consistently like every character in a narrative are fucking weird. Jane's had a rough, and unnaturally long life, she has serious issues as would anyone else with 64 separate personalities all of which armed with different super powers. Of course she's consistently stand-offish, defensive, ready to fight at a moment's notice and has numerous firm boundaries in place. Seeing her grow and development is almost as good as how far Larry's come.

Attached: 125319457521.png (200x194, 33K)

I'd agree with you, but some of Larry's scenes have been kind of bad. I like the general tone, and the mid-season arc he had, but now it feels like they ran out of places for him to go, but are still pushing him somewhere. Hopefully he'll go full fucking Rebis and help face the Brotherhood of Dada next season

>she's consistently stand-offish, defensive, ready to fight at a moment's notice and has numerous firm boundaries in place
This is why I prefer Karen. She's a fucking psycho, but at least she knows what she wants and needs. It's weird how self-actualized so many of the characters in the underground ended up being. Penny being ok with being afraid, Driver 8 being happy to just keep the train moving, Annis being a demonic manifestation of hating men. This is why I love that they're pulling from the Morrison run, because he always had so many ideas that he could get over in just a few panels, but he didn't fully flesh all of them out because he was trying to develop his bigger picture, or he became taken with something else in the middle of writing

dog, stop posting while you watch. One of the only shows that currently deserves full attention

Poor Cliff doesn't even have the wire

Attached: file.png (896x377, 593K)

Wait Dolores was not real I don't get it

Duuuude Brotherhood of Dada would be sick

Attached: 1818903-dada_1.jpg (900x422, 392K)

Imagine the outrage there would be if they put Frenzy in a show with his broken-ass english and his 30 IQ

In that same vein, I thought they were gonna put on an episode of Secret Hearts when they wheeled that Boob Tube in, and it had some sort of subliminal code in it that caused Flex to regress into 722.

Dolores got captured when they captured Flex. They used her to make sure Flex didn't try escaping. After Flex got brainwashed, or just went crazy from captivity and soap operas, and forgot who he was, they brainwashed her to make her help them rope in any one not normal, specifically people looking for Flex. Her disintegrating was because of a device that activates if she ever went rogue and went after Flex.

I can't tell if you're the guy live blogging it or someone else confused by the exchange, so here are two replies.
Liveblogger: No, she is real you idiot, but you should pay attention instead of posting about every scene as it happens. You're not digesting anything, you're just watching it.

Other guy: Dolores is real, and if Flex's wife, but the Bureau brainwashed her into being a walking asset claimer, like the cat did to Flex in the flashback. Once she regained her memory, some trigger the Bureau put in her activated and dusted her.

Is he the greatest foe the Doom Patrol will ever face?

Attached: Kitty Kitty.png (1494x672, 1.21M)

Remember anons, be like Flex. Your best flex is your smile

Attached: i;m fine.jpg (663x975, 588K)

>Bureau sucks people into cats
>Nobody sucks people into donkeys
What's the connection here?

Sure user

Attached: tmp_5PNwFb_14d01b0883554875_bruce.jpg (2048x1102, 116K)

I don't quite understand why the Bureau would be okay with a matter sucking cat, but not a dude with robot parts

I like Larry. He's a true coward, just like all of us

Possibly Klarion the Witch Boy?

They use oddities to capture other oddities. They're exact mission is little muddled though, as they seemed to want to just capture and experement but also get rid off oddities.

Maybe the plan is to neture the oddities into normal wimpy men who watch instead of reality warping heroes of the beach.

Attached: 6b6ce9f434e61afef770004ad7978cf7--the-witch-cat.jpg (236x364, 19K)

Really hoping that was Klarion and his cat Teekl. But I feel they would have made a bigger deal about it if it was.

They aren't. They use their assets to acquire more non-normal people or to take out non-normal people. They were going to use Cyborg for the same purposes.

Do you guys have a problem by how cartoonishly evil The Bureau of Normalcy is

By way of apology for fucking up the movie, DC should offer a JLD series to Guillermo Del Toro. He would definitely include characters like Klarion.

I don't. They imprisoned the butts. They're clearly more morally ambiguous than we give them credit for. There's some nuance in there

>long-time villains of the Doom Patrol, the Brotherhood of Evil

Nope.

Not really, the whole show has cartoonish like sensibility to it. It's part of the charm at least for me.

Nah but I don't get triggered by obvious parodies

I still say that the butts are the work of Mxyzptlk. They just didn't go away when Superman banished him back to the Fifth dimension.

Legitimately great take 10 ot 10

>Klarion knew that the oddities would eventually escape in a mass prison break for max-chaos
4000 I.Q. Chaos Boy

my only problem with them is how they clearly are "STRAIGHT WHITE CIS MEN" the government agency

it was too much in beard hunter, it's been better since though

>Using Klarion on DP to set-up Constantine returning with a Dr. Fate tie-in
I'm here for it

I think it was a good gimmick for the Danny Patrol episode because of the story they were trying to tell with Larry, but I'm glad they're toning it down a little bit now

Fate’s going to be in Stargirl. Alan Scott, too.

I'm not triggered I just wish there was something else besides evil gov org, like the doc lady could be like yes is bad but it's what we need to do you know

I guess it was cool that there was an evil know it all doctor lady

Hopefully we get something like Justice league dark down the line

I imagine by next year they're going to try and have 2 shows running at a time, assuming everything continues

That one asian lab tech lady that was working with Cliff was clearly just bored. Probably just an internship for her. I bet they give great references

>Alan Scott
i thought he was non canon

Just make him a white redneck.

Imagine a Del Toro-style Etrigan costume

Why would he be non-canon? If Stargirl is a stealth JSA show, made by Geoff Johns, Alan Scott will be involved.

Attached: 02DB9343-1686-48CB-B6D6-070E53605B87.jpg (384x600, 62K)

Warner Media streaming thing will probably launch next year, so it's all up in air. DC Universe will probably continue, but under the same banner with CBS Access

Lobo should sound like a washed up WCW guy who knows he's getting paid as the company sinks. He should not give a fuck, not be desperate.

Never saw the show. Or read any DP past their original run.
Who's the dark-haired girl and the half-robot kid?

>past their original run
How fucking old are you

They should give Del Toro a blank check to do a 15 episode season for Justice League Dark. I’d love to see Matt Ryan doing Vertigo-Constantine.

Melinda and Cyborg

You should check out the show, it’s seriously the best in the genre, and even if you don’t, you owe it to yourself to read Morrison’s run on Doom Patrol.

The dark haired girl is Crazy Jane, who has 64 separate personalities, each of them with super powers. The half-robot guy is Cyborg.

Kay*

Nuance? It was pretty blatant

*Karen.

Attached: dp20.webm (1199x543, 1.75M)

I call anything that's not spelled out for the dumb-dumb's nuance. That's my bad

Dumbass. It's clearly The Hangman's Beuatiful Daughter

i suspect that WB will include DC and be more expensive

Who's best Jane?
pic related

Attached: Silvertongue.gif (500x194, 2.5M)

They're reference goes something like this:
This person would do literally anything if the gov asked it, torture babies and raped it stuff like that.

Tried too hard/10

Penny Farthing

Clearly it's best coward

Attached: Cute Dilligent.png (930x539, 542K)

it's Karen before she takes the kids

The one that doesn't talk

Attached: Best Jane.jpg (500x500, 41K)

This
youtu.be/uL1SZsuL-Vo

Babydoll
>Not a raging bitch
>Nice to Cliff
>Likes cute things
Would babysit/10

I mean they're not so far from that torturing almost thousands of people is almost as evil as doing what I said

I love them.

We have Danny, Flex Mentallo, and Mr. Nobody in a live action show, and they're well-executed. What a fucking time to be alive

Don't forget Daytime Emmy considered actor, Cliff Steele

Attached: Daytime Emmy.png (544x380, 499K)

>when the orgasm energy turns Danny the street into Danny the planet, and then Mr. Nobody turns them into Danny the Brick to complete the cycle

There's a good Jane?

Attached: 20190424_163633.jpg (949x986, 547K)

This. You don't need to sympathize with a character to understand them. All the characters are awful and selfish, and them becoming better is part of the show's charm, imo

It's not that they didn't know what was gonna happen, all parties involved knew. She just felt guilty about facilitating it, actively benefiting from it, and brushing it off when she was given the chance to help someone she had helped to victimize

So I just read that in Titans, Doom Patrol manor is on Danny Street. Can anyone confirm this?

I know they didn't initially plan on having the two shows connected but I wonder if they'll work it in somehow. If the Doom Patrol episode takes place after the series chronologically it would at least explain the more upbeat Larry, Danny Street being their new residence, and Evil twin Chief[/spoilers]. Kidding about the spoiler part. Maybe.

rita gone die

I think Titans takes place after Doom Patrol

I felt so bad holy shit

Attached: received_656587178131565.gif (237x194, 488K)

QUIT IT

With the success of MCU. Soon Marvel wiil buy DC and Batman can be the sidekick of Nick Fury.

They all gonna die

This comment is irrelevant for a thread about the Doom Patrol. Please do not jerk off your troll cock near our sweet and innocent heroes with no character flaws

I think it's an alt universe

not up... only ep 13 is

>Alfred Pennyworth: Agent of SHIELD

Literally impossible

DEADINHISARMS DEADINHISARMS DEADINHISARMS

yes

Guys who’s Grid? Is he a Cyborg baddie in the comics? Or is he an original character from the show?

>Literally impossible
Explain your reasoning.

>He's never even interacted with a comic that has Cyborg in it

13 is the latest episode.

It was just an easter to have Doom Manor on Danny Street. I think the producers have confirmed that the two shows are completley seperate and Swamp Thing will be it's own thing as well.

He's the only Cyborg rouge that I know and I presume most people are aware of.

He's Earth 3 Cyborg that went full Terminator.

There's also times when Grid just yeets all the metal parts from Cyborg's body and does it's own thing

He's not Earth 3. His debut was working with Earth 3 villains but Grid himself isn't Earth 3.

show takes place in 2019 Titans was 2018

I never saw Grid in the Cyborg comics I read. Is he new? Who made him? And did he pop up anywhere else? Because he seems obscure.

So I am retarded and grateful.

thanks.

He's fairly new and he was in the Injustice 2 game.

>time making sense
>in a DC property

Attached: Sense.jpg (854x562, 113K)

Geoff Jones made him in Forever Evil I believe.

If you've read a Cyborg or Justice League run in the past few years, you've likely heard of Grid at least once

The show has multiple chaos wizards in it. More confusing things have happened than a year becoming last year

>The finale reveals that this entire show was a Trigon vision being implanted inside of Gar's head to fuck his mind into submission like Robin
How pissed would you be?

I don’t read JL anymore. Haven’t read any cyborg since new-52. Should I read it?
>Johns
Man, I keep seeing that guy everytime a new character/run shows up. How many titles does he have under his belt?

Meh. It's alright. Honestly not worth picking up if you're already reading a lot

Fuck you for even thinking that shit

Any scene with Rita makes me hungry. Hungry to be pegged by Rita.

She could probably just make her flesh soup into a penis, to be honest

This is Yea Forums

What if it melts inside?

I heard that some of the events from Titans are mentioned during an episode of Doom Patrol and I'm about confident that they're going to crossover this version of Cyborg.

The time frame doesn't give me pause but there are some things that don't add up. The Chief being essentially a different character (never minding the fact that it's a different actor), Gar/Beast Boy being a resident, and Rita not having her powers under control (meaning it shouldn't be after) vs a more upbeat Larry (meaning it shouldn't be before),

I'm more inclined to believe . Though that would complicate Cyborg moving onto Titans and the Titans events reference.

Pretty sure they may just decide to tie in the two and neglect to acknowledge the Titans Doom Patrol episode.

>It was just an easter to have Doom Manor on Danny Street. I think the producers have confirmed that the two shows are completley seperate and Swamp Thing will be it's own thing as well.

That's a shame but understandable. If it means Doom Patrol can do it's thing without being tied down by trying to fit in with the rest of the shows, then I'm ultimately for it.

>It's all in his head...

Even better

You also forgot about Cliff being a recluse until he meets Jane. Completely contradicts the Titans show where Cliff is a big brotherly type to Gar. Alt Universe where a separate, but similar, Titan happening occurred makes the most sense

what about danny the alley?

>The Chief being essentially a different character (never minding the fact that it's a different actor)
I can't handle TV shows / movies where characters have completely different actors from one iteration to the next. It completely kills immersion e.g. the 2001 Hannibal film would have been fine but having some different actress as Clarice just renders it not believable at all to me.
Fortunately with the Titans / Doom Patrol case though I never bothered watching Titans so the superior Timothy Dalton Chief is the one I've gotten used to and the only thing ruined would be Titans which I don't really want to watch anyway.

Were you, by chance, born yesterday?

If it weren't a big deal no one would feel pressed to keep it a secret. It was only rumors for a long time. Besides, the part that really bothered Rita was the suicide

'86 you brainwashed zoomer. Back before you were born we just called this phenomenon "gold-digging." And it wasn't interpreted as the rich old guy's fault because we used to recognize women were people who could make decisions of their own.

nope, that was never called gold-digging. That refers to something else entirely.

Imagine being this retarded.

>gold-digging

Attached: 5terfer.jpg (540x600, 23K)

Having sex with a rich and powerful old Hollywood producer in exchange for fame and wealth absolutely is gold-digging. You have an autistically narrow definition in mind, probably one where the woman has to marry the guy.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_digging
>Gold digging is a type of transactional relationship[1] in which people, especially women, engage in relationships for money rather than love.

Why are /pol/fags defending Hollywood of all people

The hate for women confuses the hate for jews, it's why they love big khazar milkers and post about it all the time on Yea Forums, or as I call it /pol2/.

Not whom you were quoting but I was born in '85 and what you are describing was never considered gold digging in the slightest. It's not really much of a decision when your choices are "suck a cock" or "give up your career".

Pretty sure you're the one with the simplistic narrow downed definition, brah.

It's Oprah Bringing women to Weinstein.

Because they don't defend Hollywood., I'm not /pol/, and even I'm not defending Hollywood so much as pointing out that greedy whores aren't victims. These women knew EXACTLY what they were doing, and they don't even try to claim they weren't consenting. That's how far removed from actual sex abuse this retarded twitter campaign has taken us.

>

Attached: 00000io.jpg (842x792, 30K)

>It's not really much of a decision when your choices are "suck a cock" or "give up your career".
>24 major Hollywood films since then
Yeah, wow, he really prevented Ashley Judd from having a career. Fuck off.

It's not too jarring in this instance because it was just an episode introducing them and then they're all reintroduced in the first episode again anyway.

The Chief is the only one that's really off character. He's more authoritative and has a cruel undertone to him. Cliff's relationship with Beast Boy kind of mirrors his relationship with Cyborg as he acts like an older brother type and Larry is way more upbeat.

I get it, you have no actual evidence and need to post retarded wojak pics to fill the gaping void.

Can I just step in here and point out that Rita doesn't really feel as great a regret for all those from before as she does for the one who confided in her, Directly confided in her, and she sent her away with only 100 dollars? Essentially causing her to commit suicide? And possibly killing this infant who we never find out what happens to it?
Get your head out of the gutter, you're focusing on the wrong portion of the backstory because you think you're Nada and can see the subliminal messages in your alphabits.

What does any of your arguing about women being whores have to do with rather or not Rita should feel guilty about what she did? She obviously does and it's pretty clear that the baby and suicide are the main sources of guilt, should she not care about that ither?

Attached: 1539657162973.png (265x275, 150K)

I bet you believe pimps just go around collecting willing whores to work for them too.

Close to the end now gang.
So, What great about the show? What do you think they could’ve done better? And whats your hopes for the future of the IP?

Mr. Nobody is way too evil, and Jane is way too antagonistic all the time.

Everything, nothing, more.

These women aren't even pretending they didn't consent in the first place, so no, that's a ridiculous thing to bring up. Their complaint is they felt they needed to have sex with a producer or else they wouldn't get lots of fame and money, not that they felt they needed to have sex with a producer or else he would slit their throats.

You think that's the case for new or lesser known actresses? And even if the actress doesn't have any qualms about it, it's still a sleazy tactic on the producer's end.

Attached: 9ujiji.jpg (511x515, 38K)

>have job
>boss says you need to let him fuck you or you will no longer have job
>you let him so you can keep your job and make money
Whores!

They don't "feel they needed to have sex with a producer or else they wouldn't get lots of fame and money" they are told by the producer that if they don't have sex with them they won't get the role nor any roles. Now someone famous already has the privilege of telling them to essentially fuck off and can still find work due to their name but someone new or less known doesn't have that luxury. They either give into the producer's ultimatum or find a new line of work. Just because they have the latter option doesn't make it right.

That's called coercion my dude.

>You think that's the case for new or lesser known actresses?
It's almost like some actors do a better job and get famous while others don't, and almost no actors become millionaire Hollywood movie stars. If the example someone brought up that was meant to show Weinstein was preventing women who turned him down from having a career still had 24 Hollywood films after turning him down, then I'm not sure what you even want to try to claim anymore. The whole thing is nonsense.
>you let him so you can keep your job and make money
>Whores!
That literally is being a whore you idiot. Most people with self-respect would look for a different job. And it isn't even the case here. These are women who chose to sleep their way to the top, not women who already had careers and then had to start sleeping with a producer to keep from getting fired.
Here's a better greentext approximation:
>"suck my dick"
>"no"
>"okay"
>now you're working an honest job in retail or something

I've love everything about it so far. Can't say I'd have wanted them to do anything different. My hopes for the future of the series is that it at least gets one more season and continue to introduce some of DC's lesser used and more bizarre characters.

>if they don't have sex with them they won't get the role nor any roles.
>ANY roles
>Gonna need some actual proof of a specific actress being prevented from acting in any Hollywood movie on the command of Harvey Weinstein.

Attached: 99u8u.jpg (720x720, 36K)

>>"suck my dick"
>>"no"
>>"okay"
>>now you're working an honest job in retail or something
Why do you think it's okay that people have to be forced to make that choice?

Still zero proofs, keep trying though.

Attached: disabled.png (638x359, 247K)

>forced
You keep using that word.

>The employer asking for sexual favors is in the right because the applicant is given the right to turn them down and give up their desired career for one that they don't want.

The whole point is that the fucking employer shouldn't be asking for sexual favors in exchange for jobs. Even if there are some women that don't have qualms about it and even offer said sexual favors without being asked. It's called being a god damn professional.

This isn't even touching on child actors that are usually not only at the mercy of a deviant producer but also their parents that only care for a paycheck.

Just...I mean take a step back and see who you're going up to bat for.

That's how the fucking word is used and you're just deflecting.
Now answer the question: Why do you think employers withholding good jobs in exchange for sexual favors is okay?

Yeah, producers can blackball actors or actresses, dickhead. They call up their friends also in the movie industry and can make said actor's chances of finding work nigh impossible.

At this point I think he's just plain ignorant and unable to get the point or he gets it but he's lonely and this is the most attention he's had in a while.

>the fucking employer shouldn't be asking for sexual favors in exchange for jobs
If it's your business that you built and funded I really don't care if you want to let a woman have sex with you for a position there. It's on the same level as literal prostitution as far as I'm concerned, and I don't think that should be a crime either (which it isn't in Nevada).
Would it help if these business owners were doing this more publicly and explicitly? I think that'd probably be better, but in order to do so you'd have to stop treating women like children without autonomy and start giving them free and legally uninhibited use of their natural right to do what they want with their own bodies.

>can make said actor's chances of finding work nigh impossible.
No. See:
We've already been through this and that claim is bullshit.

>let
You keep using that word.

Because that's what it is. It's clearly not the case that they're being FORCED to sleep with a man for one particular job out of a billion.

Yeah we've already been through this, you dense mother fucker and it's been established that there's a big difference between an actress with name recognition and one just starting out. One should be propositioned to sleep their way to the top as a means of getting well established.

That wasn't my example. I asked for proof and that's the name I was given. Pick another actress and post proof if you have it.

>"Here's the deal little lady, I'll let you have sex with me in exchange for this job. But if you have no interest in me letting you have sex with me in exchange for this job I won't let you have it and will make sure no one else lets you get a job in your chosen career. You're not well known like Ashley Judd so the chances of you finding anyone to hire you is slim to none. So what do you say? You want to let me have sex with you?"

I admit that last bit disingenuous but figured I had to add it to really hammer in the point given that you're too dense to remember talking points that happened a few minutes ago.

>walking down the street
>some guy pulls a knife
>"either give me your wallet or I stab you"
>choose the stabbing
>get stabbed
It's not like her forced me. I chose to get stabbed.

In case this flies over your head the point is that choosing between two terrible options is not an act of freedom. At the very least a null option needs to exist but that's not the case in these scenarios.

Being stabbed and having your wallet taken are both attacks on your person. A Hollywood role being decided by some creepy old producer who will probably give it to the first attractive woman who has sex with him isn't an attack on anyone. A job opening is a passive thing you're not only free to ignore but further almost every other person on the planet will ignore. It's nowhere close to analogous with mugging.

I'm a bit confused that next episode they're going into Mr. Nobody's territory. I figured he was using them to track the Chief in the same way Beard Hunter tracked the Chief so that he could find the location of Dorthy.

I still think that he has some other reason for getting them all together beyond just killing them. Like maybe he wants them to realize that the Chief would let them parish if it meant protecting his secrets and/or seeing him in a light that turns them against him.

>In case this flies over your head the point is that choosing between two terrible options is not an act of freedom. At the very least a null option needs to exist but that's not the case in these scenarios.

Like I said:
>That wasn't my example. I asked for proof and that's the name I was given. Pick another actress and post proof if you have it.
Still waiting for your alternative pick. Not that the first one even counted as anywhere close to "proof" and was literally nothing more than an user writing her name, but you're giving me even *less* than that miraculously.

Repeating yourself doesn't make your wrong idea start being right.
>two terrible options
Freely ignoring one job opening out of a billion isn't anywhere close to a "terrible option."

You're little one user going against at least three other rational people. You ever think that mayhaps you don't know what the fuck you are talking about?

At any rate I came here to discuss the show and I've got to see the bullshit all up and down the topic when it wasn't even the main reason to why Rita was tormented by her decisions.

>"literally" not "little". Freudian slip by way of auto correct.

it just means you didn't get it. Whether it's one job or a billion jobs doesn't make a difference it still constitutes an act of coercion. Whether the threat is physical or a threat on your finances or a threat on a potential future of your career it's still coercion. You keep characterizing these situations as choices made freely, they're not. They're choices made under duress. It's coercion.

When she's hammerhead she changes the time of her voice and swears twice as much. She also gets weirdly sexual.

Any predictions on how they are going to handle Mr. Nobody? I have a feeling it will have something to do with Dorthy and/or whatever place she is being stored. Something about her location is being obscured by even Mr. Nobody or else he'd cut to the chase and just take her, I'd think.

Flex is another likely option but as Nobody knows about him and sort of played a role in the Doom Patrol finding him, I think he'll be unwittingly used to drop the veil.

>three other rational people.
Three WHOLE people? Oh wow, you must be right then! Sorry, I didn't notice there were THREE people. Jeez, I was treating this as a two person thing tops, thanks for the info.

Attached: wrong.png (198x255, 17K)

Exactly. Hammerhead is who comes out when Jane's standard pushing away isn't working well enough.

It's fitting to the character but I can understand it throwing a lot of people off due to their similarities and it being one of the only personalities she showcased for any decent amount of time for the first few episodes.

>Whether it's one job or a billion jobs doesn't make a difference it still constitutes an act of coercion.
It makes all the difference in the world.
In Nevada prostitution is legal. There are job openings RIGHT NOW in Nevada for prospective sex workers. Those job openings aren't raping you.

Whatever, idiot. I'm just trying to talk about the show without having to see you flailing around like a dumb fuck that's unable to obtain any info that goes against their own ass backward beliefs.

You're comparing legal prostitution in one state to sleazy ass men giving women an ultimatum of sex vs a job when said job shouldn't require you to have sex with the employer to get it. And on top of that is illegal AF.

The number of job openings doesn't affect what constitutes coercion.
Legal prostitution is a transaction that exists without any threat involved. If there is ANY sort of threat the transaction is bad and wrong.

Unless this is a one and done season, I don't think that they're going to kill off the whole team. I'd be upset to see any of them go but don't think they or we will be so lucky. So all that said, whose your pick(s)?

Rita: I feel like since she revealed her big shame and gained the strength to overcome it that she might be on the chopping block. Though she's only showcased control over her stretching powers once and has yet to even go giant so she still has some room to grow (pun intended).

Larry: On one hand I feel like they wouldn't have shown that his life is reliant on the spirit if they were just going to kill him off but on the other his baggage has been more or less sorted out. I could see him dying and the Negative Spirit still kicking it, eventually finding a new host. I want laid back Larry from the Titan's episode though so I hope that's not the case.

Cliff: I don't think he has really fully reconciled his issue over his daughter yet and he's still got the relationship with Jane that needs fleshed out more. He'd be the one I don't want to go the most.

Jane: We've only scoured the surface of all her personalities and she still has some ways to go before she fully takes down that wall she built around herself. I don't think she's going anywhere.

Cyborg: I think he's done with this chapter. He'll likely show up in Titans but I could also see him jointing up with the Doom Patrol again in the last episode this season.

Flex: I don't think so as he has just been introduced. I could see him not sticking with the team after Nobody though.

Chief: Possible as most of his stuff can be revealed by the team learning about his past and that would leave the Doom Patrol responsible for Dorthy.

So my predictions are Chief and one member of the group. I'm going to go with Larry but just because it'd break my heart more if it were Rita.

Rita is dying for sure but everyone else is fair game, though honestly I have no fucking idea where Larry could go from here so hes the next logical choice

This show fucking rules.

I don't think they're cartoonishly enough. Overall. It feels like anti-meta-human government agency #5489. Hell, I don't think the show is cartoonish enough.

Erik Larsen?

>Rita
Possible.

>Larry
Possible. There were some huge red flags this episode. The might just be the fishy kind though.

>Cliff
Not happening.

>Jane
Not happening.

>Cyborg
This would be pretty cheap, IMO. I don't think so.

>Flex
See >Cyborg. For different reasons, obviously.

>Chief
Eh. Possibly. I think it's likely that they'll set it up so that he's gone for most of season 2. I mean, if we're getting a second season.