He shouldn’t have died in the first 20 minutes...

He shouldn’t have died in the first 20 minutes.The fact that the movie calls attention to him not having ANY guard at all AND destroying his one method of self defense is fucking stupid.

Attached: 3D4DAE9A-C777-4D6B-974D-45B308D3D0B0.jpg (611x738, 574K)

Why?
It just shows that his actions were truly not self-centered, since he was content with not witnessing the aftermath of his work.
He had won, and the universe didn't need him anymore.

When he sees himself die he compliments Nebula.

Bait, but I'll take it.

He did what he legitimately thought was for the greater good of the universe. Once he had finished his work, he felt like he completed his life mission, so he just stayed in that empty planet and will go live the rest of his life there. His ultimate objective was done, so he didn't need any guard or protection.

He doesn't even care if he dies, either. His work is complete, and that's all that matters to him.

"Do what you must, I have already won"

You sound like a retard and I'm glad you're not in the movie industry

His army was gone, and he was fucked from the first use of the gauntlet anyway.

He wouldn't have been able to resist regardless. He was banking on them accepting what he'd done and leaving him be. Which would never happen and that's why 2014 Thanos decided to leave no survivors next time.

What? That was the most based thing about him. He literally proved his point and show him he wasn't a "lol evil villain because I wanted to kill for kill". He has a duty and he did it.

Why the whining? He returns after all to be the big boss of the film. No, I don't care if he's not from the other dimenson, he was essentaily tha same.

We all know that.

But you also have to understand that this is a "positive" superhero franchise, so the good guys have to find a way to win.

IW Thanos is physically mentally and literally UNBEATABLE so the russos had deal with it somehow

Not only that, but this Thanos know that he achieved his goals, he knows how it plays out, and he now sees the 'error' of his initial plan.

We don't need more backstory on an older Thanos, we don't need any big monologues other than what we got. The time travel bit is stupid, but that's because time travel is rarely done well.

So he really didnt expect the population to just go back to its usual numbers in a bit? What a god damn moron.

he really just wanted to prove a point. He wanted everyone to do what he wanted. he didn't really care about the fate of the universe, but he liked imagining himself as a tragic hero.

No, he really didn't. It's almost like he's fucking mad!

>The crazy mad man was crazy

Why are you posting

Why would the guy who specifically said he dedicated his life to one act have an armada there to protect him after he has done the said act?

>His army was gone
Technically, we didn't see the 2014 army with all the Sakaarans, Chitauri, tanks, leviathans, big troll-like guys (For nostalgia's sake, I'll call them Blood Brothers) that was on the Sancuary II get defeated in 2018. There would have to be another version of the ship out there after the snap, with all the forces either languishing and dying without Thanos, or else escaping to wreak havoc when it was clear that Thanos had abandoned them after they served their purpose.

Looks like something Captain Marvel can go fuck off to deal with for a bit. Big whoop. Maybe GotG 3 will be about that, but I hope not.

>Captain Marvel in GotG3
Fuck right when I thought that movie was gonna be kino, of course she's going to be in it

Religious nuts would have probably taken it as a sign and not made fuck as much. Look at the Jews and muzzies not eating pork because they were told it's wrong

He played universal Russian roulette and lived, he was always ready to die

He lost most his forces fighting Nova corps

the nova corps got wrecked by one kree renegade

they aren't shit

>Earth jihadists invade home of lone farmer, mutilate and behead him
>Sources say that known Skrull sympathizer Carol Danvers was involved in the heinous attack

both movies were shit. they took away the one thing that made thanos thanos by removing his love of death for China bux.

Aw fuck, they're dumping Carol in GotG 3?

Please stop posting shit on this board, if you aren't even able to grasp the plot of 2 childrens movies.

Are you kidding?
His succeeded in his life's goal, he was passive because he knew (or at least thought) the remaining Avengers couldn't undo what he did and he destroyed his "method of self-defense" because he didn't want anyone undoing what he did.
He was humble and at the same time, spitting in the face of the remaining Avengers. That's goddamn hilarious.

/thread

Why did it have to be a different Thanos from 2014. Why couldn't the real one have been chilling in his swamp, realized what the Avengers were doing, and decided "I'm not letting these faggots undo my life's work"?

Because then you run into the issue of "Why did Thor let that guy live?"

He's crazy. He didn't actually want to find the correct solution to the 'problem', he wanted vindication for titan. He needed to 'prove' to himself that his way was right.

All things considered, Thanos was a lot more graceful and honorable than any of the Avengers.
When he lost he just sat down accepting it, Thor lost and he cut Thanos' head off.

B-but he did

You ever talk to crazy people? When you point out the holes in their delusions they create bullshit reasons. Thanos wasn’t crazy, he was just badly written.

Those kinds of mistakes are made by the writers, not the character Thanos.
Apparently his solution is viable to some extent in-universe, Cap even noted the snapping had some good effects.
Take the consideration that Thanos's plan, in-universe, actually does work but is also absolutely heinous. It's absolutely stupid if we think about from our real world perspective, obviously, but the intent of the writers was to show that Thanos was, to some extent, benevolent.

Thanos wasn't completely divorced from reality, but whenever logic clashed with his obsession he disregarded it. There's probably a better term than crazy but something like misguided seems too soft.

People say this looking at past population growth trends, but none of those took place in a world where 50% of the population disappeared overnight.

People are not going to be banging and reproducing at the same rate when there's massive social destabilization.

Why didn't they just time travel to when the gauntlet was completed, help Thor kill Thanos, borrow the fully equipped gauntlet?

I wish they tried that at least once and had something terribly wrong happen so they justify doing it the other way

Take a look at population trends after any major conflict. Hell even now we're still facing problems from the population boom after WWII because after destabilization that stress finds its natural outlet.

speaking of which. Who's the kid behind the Winter Soldier and 2-3 other characers during the funeral scene? Asking here since it doesn't deserve its own thread.

Attached: avengers_infinity_war.jpg (545x308, 135K)

It’s probably Harley. The kid from Iron Man 3. Also that pic makes more sense reading from right to left than the other way around.

I think this is the closest thing I’ve seen on this website to a YouTube comment. Did you even watch the fucking movie?

No.

It's confirmed to be the kid from IM3

So are they gonna say Dick is some special forces Nova dude since they showed Nova corps guys as essentially cannon fodder?

>one kree renegade with the power stone
Big difference

It's far more likely that they'll upgrade the Nova Corps using Power Stone research to create the Nova Force.

The MCU telegraphs its intentions a little too much sometimes. Why did they kill Thanos early and quickly? To make way for the time heist theme of the movie. Why did Thanos beat the hell out of hulk in the first few minutes in IW? To show that hulk wasn't going to be the "fix" this movie. Why was Thor made into a fat sack of shit? Same reason. Marvel decides they are going to go in one direction and to try to pre counter any "what ifs" they go out of their way to make those alternate possibilites unavailable.

I would argue his death in the first 20 minutes fits perfect with the themes from Infinite War and is am important showcase to just how deeply the heroes lost. Even if they flat out murder Thanos, they didn't save jack shit.

No one tries to poke holes though, they just try to beat the shit out of him because why would you try to reason with a fucker trying to wipe out half the universe if fighting is an option.

Is that why they bring Thanos in to talk about how he's going to enjoy annihilating the Earth with his army?

I still don't know if my autism is fine with this time travel plot.
They could have gone the "easy" route and done a closed loop, but that wouldnt fit with comics i guess. Instead they just went so over the top that you want to forget about it anyway.
I'm trying to think how the time travel works for any theory to make sense, but them bringin thanos into the future and killing him then creates just too many paradoxes.