Any comics with reality-threatening stakes, subtle super powers/abilities ( if any), and sacrifice?

any comics with reality-threatening stakes, subtle super powers/abilities ( if any), and sacrifice?

Pic kinda related, the kind of aesthetic and story I'd like to read more of.

Attached: donnie-darko-tribute-poster-art-going-off-on-a-tangent.jpg (720x960, 132K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soultocall.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kit 'n' Kay Boodle

>Kit 'n' Kay Boodle

har-dy-har-har

Hickman’s New Avengers?

IDK about Subtle superpowers but Doom Patrol is all about dealing with large threats too out there for regular heroes to even be aware about.

Like this sentient black hole who devours the minds of an entire Holland town and would have continued to the rest of the world. Or other weirdness.

Attached: 1883552-black_hole_13.jpg (916x684, 464K)

have you seen Donnie Darko?

sounds closer to what I'm looking for.

I say subtle because in the movie Donnie time travels, can has a limited view of the future, drives a fire ax through a solid bronze statue's head, yet when confronted by a couple of thugs, he did not manhandle them.

As long as the hero isn't too powerful to be relate-able, I'm ok with it (think Spiderman level of power vs. Captain Marvel or Supes).

The mafia movie?

Which run is this?

no, the edgy cult movie about a teen with psychological issues who unwittingly saves the universe. Still would like to read more stuff with a similar vibe.

bumping this question too

Attached: donnie.jpg (185x272, 7K)

Attached: Challs.jpg (475x475, 37K)

very interesting. Thanks user!

Patience by Clowes is in that genre. Not so much on a reality scale though.

You're gonna fucking love Doom Patrol if you loved the weirder stuff in Donny Darko like Frank and the jet engine.

If webcomics are considered, then
soultocall.com/
Not much to reality threats (since it's postapocalypse already), but a healthy dose of creepy stuff. And quite some drama in the plot, so the threats are more of psychological nature.
Also people do magic. With blood. Of other living humans. Sounds good enough?

Attached: StC_01_044.jpg (700x1050, 506K)

Gunnerkrigg Court?
Mainly chapters involving Zimmy or Coyote.
Jeanne chapters cover sacrifice.

Attached: 00000188.jpg (600x848, 169K)

Attached: 00000189.jpg (600x850, 203K)

Thanks user. Any arcs (preferably ones that have trade paperbacks or omnibus) I should look out for?

Thanks user. It does look great.

will definitely check it out. Thanks m8

>edgy
What?

let me rephrase that. I was in middle school when that movie came out, and back then (and through high school), most kids who pretended to like it just wanted to seem edgy and cool.

Why do I say that? Because very few people wanted to discuss the plot instead of only talking about stuff like Donnie's skeleton costume, or Frank's bunny costume.

>comics with reality-threatening stakes
page 10 bumping (also interested in topic) with a weak proposal of Kill Six Billion Demons - abilities aren't so subtle but stakes are high and angel Delicious' fate could count as a sacrifice.

Attached: ksbd5rec.jpg (750x971, 349K)

Soul To Call is a wonderful joyride of suffering.

>Kill Six Billion Demons

I'll check it out. thanks

Morrison's Nameless. It's more subtle about those themes tho.

that actually looks really great... thanks m8

>implying Donnie Darko had an interesting plot
that shit was so convoluted. all it was, was some dickhead teen going through the film doing stupid shit, talking to a guy in a bunny costume and burning down a pedo's house. even the book they used was retarded af.

KSBD sucks and is nothing like Donnie Darko.